28 Y.o. - Explanted After 10 Years of Implants (400 Cc) Miami, FL

When I was 18 I decided to get implants. And at...

When I was 18 I decided to get implants. And at the time it felt like the right thing to do. Many of my friends had implants, and I was in college and bartended on the weekends, so having fake boobs was completely normal. My parents weren't very happy with my decision, and they tried to tell me to wait and really think about what I was doing (but when you're 18, that type of advice goes in one ear and out the other). I'd be lying if I said I didn't enjoyed them. I had a great time with them for many years. Fast forward about 8 years... I started to realize my 34D breasts didn't look very proportional to my frame. I'm 5'2" 95lbs and my implants looked obviously fake. They started to really bother me when I got into graduate school and started my masters program. I made great friends, and started networking with professionals in my field. At that point, I realized I no longer wanted that kind of attention. But there was nothing I could do to hide them. I started buying more conservative shirts, and bikini tops that would make them look smaller. And then I thought about it... Is that really how I want to live my life? So I decided to explant. And that was a whole other journey. Finally, I came across this site and found Dr. Rothfield, and I was very pleased with the removal photos I saw. When I went in for my appointment, he actually listened to me and he knew I wanted my implants removed (not replaced). He answered all of my questions and just made me feel at ease. I almost cried (tears of joy) when I left his office. If it wasn't for this site, I wouldn't have found him. So I would like to thank all of you ladies who have shared your stories, it gave me the courage to go through with my surgery. Finding a doctor that would remove my breast implants (and not try to talk me into smaller ones) was almost impossible. Before finding my doctor, I went to a few different guys and they all told me my breasts would look horrible, and that the best thing to do was to downsize. They didn't understand why I wanted them out. And honestly, I don't think I should have to explain. I just did. So if you've made up your mind and you want your implants out - find a doctor that will do it for you. This site is a great resource. I am now 4 days post-op and I am so happy to be natural again. It feels AWESOME!

5 days post op

Stitches haven't come out yet but I'm feeling great. No pain or fatigue. I was very tired the first couple of days though. I forgot to mention in my first post that my size before BA was 34B, and after implant removal I'm looking more like an A. Hoping they will "fluff" their way into a B. But so far I'm happy with my results.

One week update

It's officially been a week since my surgery, so I figured I'd post some more photos of my progress. I haven't noticed much change, but Dr says to give it a month or two to really know what they're going to look like. I have to say that I love how they feel, even though they are a lot smaller now. I read on a few different sites that massaging the breasts makes them grow. Anyone know if this is true? Happy Friday to you all, and have a fabulous weekend! :)

2 month update

Implant free for 2 months now and absolutely loving life! I would like to thank you all for your comments, and of course for sharing your stories and photos on here. This forum helped me so much, and I hope I can help you ladies out there who are debating removing your implants. Sometimes people ask me how I feel about all the money spent on augmentation and removal - and the only way I can put it is that it's an expensive lesson learned. If I could turn back time I obviously wouldn't have done it, and I would have saved myself thousands of dollars and a couple of scars. But I have learned to love my body and my natural breasts, and that is priceless. I have to say that I am very lucky to have a boyfriend who supported me every step of the way - especially when I thought about backing out of surgery. Finally, I am so thankful I found Dr. Rothfield, who never once tried to talk me into smaller implants. He knew what I wanted from the beginning and we stuck to the plan. For those of you who are thinking about implant removal, I hope my results are encouraging. And as I mentioned in my previous posts, take your time and find a doctor that is willing to work with you. If a doctor doesn't want to remove your implants, find another one. Get opinions from different doctors, and look them up online for reviews. Happy healing to those of you who are currently recovering, and good luck to those who are in the researching process! xoxoxo
Weston Plastic Surgeon

Wow you look wonderful! I saw in one of your posts you thought you were an A cup but to me you really look like a B cup! What size bra do you wear now?
Wow! Yes, you have lovely results. Congrats on a successful surgery!
Goodness! I think you have the most perfectly shaped breast! Congrats on your explant:)
You look fantastic! Congrats on making such a wise decision at such a young age - it took some of us many more years to remove the plastic bags! And your natural breasts look lovely! Thank you for sharing your story and for having such a positive attitude - you are right, the lesson learned is PRICELESS!
Wow you look great. I too want to remove my implants. Not sure I will look as good as you though. I believe I may need a lift since mine are no longer that perky! If that's the case I don't know if I would want the scars or just replace them with smaller implants. But I would really like to go back to natural. Miss the feeling!
Hi there, thank you! Have you gone to any consultations? I thought I was going to need a lift, due to the size of my implants and how long I had them, but surprisingly I didn't. Good luck to you, and keep me posted on your decision! xo
great result.. congrats x
Thank you!!
So great to read all these reviews. This really helps those us who are fighting our emotional roller coaster on wether to have them out or replaced with smaller ones. If, I can share my deal breaker on my decision to have them out was thinking of the painful future mammograms and risking my health to look good. There shouldn't be that kind of compromise in our lives ladies. Good luck. I will post my journey as well. I'm scheduled for September.
Agreed! Because my implants were silicone, I had to get MRI's every couple years and they are not cheap! The whole thing was just not worth it. Most men choose smaller, natural breasts over large fake breasts anyway. Did you already have surgery? Keep me posted! xo
You look fabulous without implants! You must be thrilled and be feeling so good.

Thanks so much for sharing. I agree that finding a supportive doctor is key.
Thanks Angie! I am feeling great, natural breasts feel so much better than silicone bags :) haha... Still getting used to the new size as I've lost 3 cups, but overall I'm very happy!
You do look great...I am also thinking about having mine removed. I am very concerned about how they will look. You are much younger which is a plus...I will look at your physicians site as I am not finding my on before and after explant photo's. Thanks for the pics and good luck.
Thank you. I know, it's a very hard decision. I thought about it long and hard for a few years before actually going through with it. Best of luck to you!
congratulations! You look beautiful :)
Thank you! :)
You look great! I explanted 2 months ago and it was the best decision I made. I'm loving my small natural self. I'm an A now too and super happy:).
Thanks, you look great as well!! You look bigger than an A! I'm really praying mine grow a little more lol but I'm just thankful they look good.
You look fabulous and this is encouraging! I am scheduled for explant on the 8th!
Thank you! And good luck with your upcoming surgery!
You look really great!! Thanks so much for sharing your story. I'm in the same position... hiding, embarrassed & regretful of my 10 yr old enormous (320cc) implants. They seem enormous & fake as I'm also petite. Your explant results are amazing!! Congratulations on the new you & thanks again for sharing.... it really helps.
Thank you so much! It was a very difficult decision, but I just figured instead of going through more surgery and getting more implants, I was better off just taking them out. If you're debating taking them out, do a lot of research and consult with different doctors. And take your time making your decision. I'm glad my post helped ya :)
Congratulations!! I am having my implants removed by Dr.Rothfield as well tomorrow. You look amazing by the way!! I thank you for sharing your journey as well as your results, so happy for you :)
Thanks! He is great, I'm sure you will look amazing! Good luck tomorrow!!
You look wonderful at 4 days post op! Did you just have a straight forward removal? What size were you before you had a BA? Congrats! X