Maillady Wanting to Be Normal - Westlake, OH

Hello ladies. I have been on this site for some...

Hello ladies. I have been on this site for some time now, reading all of your wonderful stories. So much, that I have decided to join the group. A little about myself, I am 40 yrs old, 5'7", 180 lbs. with a 38DD bust. I am like most of you, just wanting to have normal size breast. I deliver mail for a living and my breast are an interference to my job. Not to mention the stares, comments and looks that they attract. Not to forget the neck and back pain that they cause on a regular basis. So I have decided to do something about them. My surgery is still a ways away. But I get more and more excited as I read each of your stories. Thank you all for giving me the courage to join your community. And good luck to all who are having surgery in the very near future. For those who are healing from the surgery, may your pain be less and your heart be happy.

Question??

I have discussed liposuction of the side/under arm areas with the doctor. But I am hearing that this hurts worst then the surgery itself. Would like to hear from anyone that had both of these done, so I know what to expect. Thank you for sharing with me.

Pictures

Here are the pictures I promised. Still need to lose some of the belly fat before my surgery. But I have 5 months for it to come off. I have noticed that the weight of my breast make me hunch over, never noticed before but now I can really see it. I am trying to make myself sit/stand up straight but then my back starts to hurt more. January to get here.

More questions???

I just got a call today from my PS and he wants me to have a breast MRI done before the reduction. Is this normal? I do have family history of breast cancer, but all of my mammograms have come back fine. Should I be concerned about this?

MRI Results

YIPPEE!!! My Breast MRI results came back all good. Still not exactly sure why I needed one before the BR, but it is done! Only thing left to do is wait till January. In the meantime I will be working on losing 20 pounds. This way I will have the little waist to match the little boobs. Hurry up January!!!

Physical Therapy

Hello ladies, figured I would give a quick update. This week I start physical therapy for my neck, shoulder, and back issues. It seems that the insurance wants PT done before surgery to rule out any issues beside my large breasts. Even though I have seen a chiropractor, they insist on PT. This is ok with me as long as my surgery is covered. Ad since I am still 5 months away from surgery there is plenty of time for the 4 weeks of PT that is being requested. Have any of you had PT for these areas? I have a very physical job, and well, the insurance company is figuring the neck, shoulder, and back pain is job related, not breast related. Ok whatever I have to do, I have to do!

Good luck to everyone having surgery this week and hope that all who have had surgery are healing well!

Funny Story

So I have a funny story to share with you ladies. I have been going to the gym for about a week now, trying to lose 20 pounds before surgery. Well Monday I had a lady come up to me at the gym and tell me I should join her in this class, she said "it will really burn off the pounds". So I was all for it. It was a crossfit class. Not a class that big breasted woman should take. There was lots of jumping and up and down movement. Well even though I was wearing 2 bras, I still ended up with multiple bruises under my breast from where they were bouncing so hard against my ribs. I can not wait to have this surgery. What a horrible experience!!

Physical Therapy

Morning ladies. Yesterday I started my physical therapy ( required by insurance). My therapist was very nice and stated that BR would be the only solution to the neck and back issues. But since my insurance company requires 6 visits of PT, she would show me some excerises to do to help relieve some of the stress on those areas. I have to say last night my neck did not feel so tight and sore. But this morning, right back to where we started. I just finished with the excerises that she gave me, I feel a little better, but clearly this will not totally fix the problem. Have any of you ladies gone thru physical therapy? Or is this just a waste of my time?

Possible new date

Hello ladies, I just wanted to give a quick update. I go back to see my PS on November 4. We are going to try and get the reduction approved for this year since I have already meet my deductible. With my job taking time off around the holidays is not a good thing, but if I can save $3000 then I am all for it! So please keep your fingers crossed for me and I will keep you all posted. Good luck to all of you ladies have surgery this week and I hope that those who have had surgery are healing fast.

5k run

This morning I ran my first 5k. I am so proud of myself, but I must say even with wearing a sports bra and regular bra, I am still in a lot of pain. Back and breasts are extremely sore. I can't wait till the reduction so that running will be more enjoyable. November 4 is when I see the PS and will set a final surgery date. I can't wait!

Doctor Appointment

I went to see my primary care doctor yesterday for some blood work. Since May 23, 2013 I have lost 67 pounds. I was very excited to hear this. However this just proves the point that my breast are to large for my frame. They have not shrank one bit, and my back still hurts. I go to see the PS on Monday the 4th. We will set a surgery date and hammer out the final details then. I can not wait.

New Date

My new surgery date is December 31st. The nerves are really starting to run rampand. Not sure yet when my pre op is but I am sure it will be next week sometime.

2 more days

Well I am going under on Tuesday. Have to be there at 6. Will spend the night. Pre op went fine and got all the information on stuff to do a head of time. Today is my last day to get things done as I am working a full day tomorrow. The nerves and my stress are up a little but that is to be expected. I am sure that as the time grows closer and closer I will become more and more nervous. I have had many surgeries before so that is not the issue. The issue is will I still be to big. I am hoping for a full C. For all of you about to have your surgery GOOD LUCK and Happy healing. For those of you that are currently healing I hope it continues to go well for you. I want to thank you all for your support, I will be thinking about all of you as I go under!
Cleveland Plastic Surgeon