TT & BA at Age 57...5'3" 140lbs. 339cc Mod+ under muscle. SX-10-16-14. Maintained 100 Lb. Wt Loss for 13 Yrs. - Western Colorado

I have finally made the decision to do this!...

I have finally made the decision to do this! Originally I thought that I would have the BA first and follow up with the TT in one year. After asking some questions here on RS it makes sense to get them both done and go through the recovery process all at one time. There's not as many of us older gals on here so it's not so easy to match age, height, weight and pre-breast size. I've had two big weight losses, I gained the first one back and then approx. 8 years later lost all that and some. Since then I have maintained for the most part with the exception of gaining and losing 25lbs here and there over the years. I choose to maintain at a higher weight than I really like because my face, neck, and upper body gets very thin. I do 6 days a week one hour a day of cardio with a small bit of dumbbell work.
I have tiny little breasts that don't sag much even with the two weight losses and also breast feeding a baby for over 18 months however, they have lost any fullness in the top and areola's are flat and sunken. I'm about a 34 B but wear a 34C push up...except on me it doesn't push up anything, I fill the little bit of space that's not padded. I look forward to sharing my experience along the way and hope to find some MM buddies to take this journey with!! I hope to schedule surgery for mid-October.

First Consult

It's been a week since my first consult. The PS is fairly new to our area, she relocated from Florida. I was able to find just a few reviews from former patients here on RS.....all good. Hubby came with, he has a great memory and is perfect for remembering all of the small details that I, in my nervousness am likely to forget. Hahaha, although married 33 years, with him sitting in a chair watching it still felt awkward to take clothes off in a brightly lit doctors office, cellulite in full view! I had shopped a discount store for a cheap 34D bra with no padding and brought along that and a tight fitting t-shirt.
PS said that I would not need a lift and that she could do both the Tummy Tuck and the Breast Aug at the same time. She would do surgery in the A.M. at the small hospital there in town, I would stay in the hospital that night and go home the next morning. I used their sports bra and tried on the Allergan Naturelle, mod profile, size 370-somthing first and was stunned, waaaay to big! Tried the 339cc and still felt big, tried the 304cc and felt kind of just right. PS said what I've heard so many times here on RS......Women's #1 complaint is that they wish that they had gone larger, and if between two sizes, pick the larger one. PS left the room and we took some time to go back and forth between the two sizes. Husb reminded me that after the TT I will have a smaller tummy and that will change the look of things as well. Oh Boy, I see it coming.....this perfectionist gal is going to worry, worry, worry and obsess over picking the size!!!

About the Plastic Surgeons office

I'm a very picky person...Professionalism and cleanliness are a really big deal to me! The Surgeons office was very nicely decorated and super clean in every nook and cranny. The Staff is nicely dressed, professional appearance and sooo nice! Willing to answer all questions and never once made me feel rushed. I really want to have her do my surgery! Oh, and she did not charge for the consult. I know that I should get two other consults but here's what I'm thinking; It's been over 6 years but I did have two consults on just the Tummy Tuck by other Plastic Surgeons. One very near the town I live in and the other was in Grand Junction which is over an hour away, and they are both still in practice. I choose the PS that I just had my consult with. I'll post her name and location after I've checked with her to see how she feels about that.

One more note on Plastic Surgeons in Grand Junction, CO

While visiting my Bio-Identical Hormone Doctor in GJ I asked him if he had any suggestions for a referral to a PS. He mentioned the female PS that is new to the area (the one I just had consult with) and another guy in town which he did not personally know but had never heard any negatives about. I knew the one he was talking about because I had left a message with that office a week earlier and never received a call back. (Negative #1) Just to give them the benefit of the doubt I decided to stop into the office and make my consult appointment in person. Long parking lot, up the elevator, down a very long hall. Surroundings along the way are in huge need of an update. I get to the office and I instantly feel THE feeling.....how do I describe it? Not well kept, not professional looking, old and worn out and for me old and worn out feels..........unclean. I'm not saying that it was unclean but It just didn't feel...enough about that. Receptionist was friendly enough but first thing she wanted to know is which of the 2 surgeons I wanted to see and I said that I had no idea, told her what I wanted done and asked which one she would suggest and is it possible to have a consult with each one. I felt attitude coming....Yes, but you need to pay $90.00 per consult at the time you make the appointments. She tells me that if I don't show for consult they keep the money and if I choose the surgeon they will credit that money toward the surgery. I ask the obvious...Can I pay one $90.00 fee, see both surgeons and possibly choose one of them?? After more questions another gal joined into the conversation and tells me that the surgeons use a Surgical Tech and that the Tech will do the all of the stitching. I'm thinking that I am supposed to ask all of the important questions #1 being what??? Is the surgeon a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon....Right? The Surgical Tech does the stitching?? I said thank you for the information and I'll think it over.........I never even got to meet the two surgeons and this is what I already know. Gut feeling.....I will never set foot in that office again. Those two gals could have just thrown $14,000.00 in the trash for that practice. Even if I had met the surgeons I would wonder why they don't manage a more professional staff and I would also wonder why they don't throw just a few dollars toward a cheerful office setting with a clean and professional look? A week after I had made that first call to this practice I got a call returning my message. They had my message for a full week before returning it???? What happens when I have a post surgery question? Would I get the answering machine? No Thank you!

2nd Consult with Plastic Surgeon

I made an appointment for a 2nd consult with the PS that I really liked!! I offered to pay for the consult and J. the PS assistant said that there will be no charge. Also, J. cheerfully answered about a dozen questions. 2nd Consult is Sept. 9th.......I need to get my questions and pictures together. Here is where I could use and welcome all advise from you wonderful RS ladies!

Currently 34B and thinking of 339cc Mod Plus.....What size will I be?

I don't want to be too big. A full C would be perfect, a D acceptable. I'm wearing the rice sizers but don't really think I've measured correctly to simulate 339cc. I used 3/4 cup rice. It feels heavy and huge. Boob size anxiety.......ugh! I hear over and over that a high percentage of women wish that they had gone larger. I wonder if there are many women that wish that they had gone smaller?

Had 2nd consult last week and set surgery date for October 16, 2014

Hello! I went to my 2nd consult with a new list of questions. I split my questions between what I need to know now (in order to determine if I'm going to set my date), and which ones can wait for pre-op. My questions were focused on muscle repair, stitching, incision placement & what the scar line will look like. I had concerns of being allergic to the tape glue and to the stitches themselves. I asked about capsular contraction, double bubble and too much side boob. I wondered if the allergan implants are the cohesive gel, what are the chances that I will lose sensation in my nipple(s), and if she uses Exparel (she does not). I like that she uses a figure 8 stitching method on the muscles. I still don't know how far apart my muscles are and forgot to ask. I didn't know until right before I went that the muscle stitches are permanent. I guess I assumed that they somehow fused the muscles together and that the stitches eventually absorbed. It then became important to me that the stitching was done in a way that it will stay put. I asked if she uses a surgery Tech and how much of the work he does. She said that it is a long surgery and her limit is 5hrs. It's my understanding that at pre-op there will be many authorization papers to sign and some of that will have to do with her using the tech. Again, this is just my understanding....I'll post on that when it happens. She explains that she does all of the surgery and stitching of the muscles and that the tech will either assist or does the stitching down below, to keep the surgery time within the time frame. She said that she had been training him for over a year. She took her time answering all of my questions and did not seem rushed. I really like her! I have decided set the date and pay the down payment.

To do the EKG or not.....That is the question

My PS has not ordered an EKG. She asked if I see my doc once a year and if I had ever had concerns that anything was wrong with my heart. I do see my GYN once a year. It's been 3 years since I've needed to see my primary. I haven't had labs done in 2 years. On RS I asked the question about women over 50 getting an EKG before surgery and received approx. 7 responses. 1 out of the 7 says that it used to be done but that he does not order it if the health grading system (that would be the long list of health questions the you check off at registration) does not indicate a need to. The other 6 or so PS said that they definitely order an EKG for women over 50. I have decided to go ahead and get a Basic EKG. It costs $110.00 and takes 15 minutes. I'll also get a CVC blood panel which is about $65.00. At this point I'm not going to fuss over that amount of money when I'm about to lay down over $13,000.00!!

Oh how I love my rice sizers!!

Thank goodness for rice sizers! At Walmart I purchased a box of knee high stockings for $4.95 and an extra large bag of white rice for about $2.95. I started by using a measurement that (I had read) simulated a 339cc. A fun little thing to do is tie a single knot extra tight and cut it off......hahaha, makes the perfect nipple under your bra! I took them along on my 2nd consult and compared them in size to the 339 silicone's only to find out that my ricey's were significantly smaller.

One more thing about choosing size

~Sigh~ I've been driving myself crazy over choosing the size! I know that it's Allergan mod plus profile and I know that it's under the muscle. I know that I want the inframmammary incision, but SIZE......UGhh the size!!! I have scanned the internet for days looking for my height, my weight, my before size; ha, forget age....rare to find my age, oh and lest I forget....my areola size, which is not tiny and not huge but def good sized. I've made my hubby look at boobs until he's bleary eyed. Speaking of Hubby I have given him free reign to look at all boobs. We look at boobs everywhere we go, we look at boobs in Wal-Mart, at Home Depot, at the restaurant, at the grocery store.....we elbow or nudge each other, psst, 3 o'clock- too big-just right-perfect!! I am sick, sick, sick of looking at boobs and why??? Because it doesn't help me at all. I had to stop and just think this through. I have no flippin idea in this world how I will look in those boobs! All of the before and afters are useless. Here's the deal..... I don't live in Florida or any other warm climate. I live in Colorado. I'm not going to walk around in swimsuit tops or show cleavage in front of my 30-somthing son or 21 yr old grandson...not happening. Heck my son puts his fingers in his ear and sings at the mere mention of my breastfeeding him for his first 2 years! Hubby and I go far away on vacation and yes I will dress up for him (and me) but short of lingerie and vacations how do I really want to look? I want to look good in my every day clothes and yes even sexy is okay too..... I want the darts to actually be filled out in button up shirts, I want to wear pretty matching undies and bra; the kind that have pretty designs and NO padding. Eureka!! so I've stopped looking at other women's boobs and it's time to concentrate on my own!!!!

I have adjusted my rice sizers to (hopefully) the correct size, so lets get this show on the road!!

I have agonized for days and weeks on wondering if the 339's will be too big for my frame. Yes, I'm a plump 140lbs. but it's all below the waist. My chest area is rather boney looking. As before mentioned by looking at naked breast pics, I simply could not wrap my head around how they will look on my chest and if I will regret the size. Soooo, I bought a cheap 34D bra at Ross for Less and every afternoon when I get home I immediately change into that bra and the rice sizers which I think/hope are pretty darn close to the 339cc Allergan silicone implants. I wear them until bedtime. I think it's fun to place my fake nipple right up front in the bra and it's amazing how real they look! I observe the funny ways in which they run into the table when I bend forward to take a bite, how I can no longer cross my arms over my chest, how I need to adjust my walk as they actually bounce, and how it feels when my upper arms touch the side boob while I'm typing, and also the sheer weight (1lb. each) of the things. Last evening I went to my closet and tried every single piece of winter clothing that I own. I tried on dresses, sweaters, button-ups, cardigans, jackets all of it! I modeled every single piece for an exhausted hubby who hahaha, I must say did a great job of making comments and acting enthusiastic despite struggling to keep his eyes open. Funny, but I loved the button-ups the most! They hang in my closet rarely getting worn...They look awesome! Tailored waist, tight on hips and the fake boobs fill them out perfectly without gapping the buttons. Sexy in a modest way, or should I say age appropriate but a head turner?? Yes!! The sweaters which I tend to wear a little on the snug side are.. Wow! The oversized extra thick sweaters with crew neck make me look like uni-boob and fat, Fitted tailored jackets look so great, the boobie part isn't sinking in. I'm a 34B (just tried one on at WM) but I wear a 34C thickly padded at the bottom type bra that is meant to be a push up. I fill in that tiny little space between the padding and the top of the bra with a tiny bit of cleavage. This type of bra gives me a little width and a tiny bit of projection and I think I look decent. I still don't fill in a button up making the darts way low. In my work-out bra there is a small rounded area but no noticeable boob, pretty much flat. With close observation I think it will be very obvious that I've had a boob job because of the width and fullness. For those that haven't seen me in a while, perhaps they will wonder but won't be sure....Honestly, I don't think I will care...hmmmm, I'll report back later on that.

I cannot tell you how freeing it is to give up the boob obsession....Time to concentrate on getting ready for the surgery!

Hi ladies, one more thing about rice sizers. I have found a much more accurate measure and feel confident that it is closer to the volume of the real thing, so here it is:
11/3 cup = 320cc
11/2 cup = 360cc
1 cup = 240cc
1/2 cup = 120cc
1/4 cup =60cc
If you are between 2 numbers, just get close.
Knee high nylon stockings, add rice, lay out on counter to get depth that will look like the real ones from your PS office, (see my picture above) tie one good tight knot leaving a little over 1/4 inch and cut off the remainder of the stocking, and remember that the knot can be worn in front to look like a real nipple. It conforms to your boob inside the bra and you can easily smooth it out to fit correctly. It's not hot & sweaty like a plastic baggie and can be worn for hours if you really wanted to. I've been wearing mine every evening consistently and I can honestly say that I am ready for adjusting to my upcoming bigger boobs and I think that I will be able to avoid the initial size shock. At age 57 I've spent a lot of years with the tiny set that I currently have and although I want a beautiful, fuller set I know that with my personality (extremely sensitive to change) I really need to prepare myself for this! My PS said not to allow for "losing some under the muscle" and she prefers her patients to wear a tight sports bra which fastens up the front when trying on the (real) sizers and maybe that is because they simulate what you will really look like size-wise I don't know. A friend told me that her PS had her buy a bra in the size that she wanted to be and bring it along to the office. They then used a sizer that filled that cup. For me this makes much more sense but each PS seems to have a different take on it. What I think I know is that no matter how I would like for my boobs to turn out........("The dream boob") is that I am starting with my own real boobs. If they are not perfect now they will most likely not be perfect after. I'm okay with that as long as they are not shaped like torpedo's, as high as my collar bone, that my nipple is not pointing south, and that I don't have tremendous side boobage. I fully expect that they may look like headlights as I have a larger areola but I'm okay with that as long as I feel that I am the best that I can be.

One month till surgery!

I am one month out from my surgery date of Thursday, October 16, 2014. Today I will schedule my pro-op appointment and work on getting the gosh darn EKG scheduled. That's another story and not really worth telling. Has to do with who is ordering it. Seems to me like if I am electing to have a very quick and simple procedure such as a Basic EKG and if I'm paying cash for it then why should it require an order from the doctor??........never mind that, my mind is focused on keeping an upbeat positive attitude, eliminating salt, eating healthfully and continually visualizing myself with a much improved body. I will not tell anyone close (emphasis on close) to me that I am having surgery if I think that there is a chance that they will bring negativity......there are a few of those so my plan is to write and email them a short letter the day or day after I've had the surgery.....hmmmm, still thinking about that.

I just ordered a Jockey Fit Kit

Hahaha, I still have a while to wait before I will even have a clue on my bra size, but I ordered this kit to have while waiting. It's $20.00 but you get that amt. credited off of a bra order. It comes with lots of molded plastic looking cups and a tape measure. You can see a video on the Jockey.com. They have approx. 4 styles of bras. This would be the comfy bra that you wear on a more frequent basis when you are wanting support and comfort. They have their own measuring system that is not figured by the typical cup size. I haven't purchased a bra from them but have ordered some undies for myself and hubby. They have a hassle free return policy. The bras run about $60.00 ea so it's definitely one that I will wait 6 mo post op to order. Take a look at Jockey.com and key in: Bra fit kit. Fun!!

Good Luck on the EKG. All wil go well :) Positive Vibes for a HAPPY Hump Wednesday!
Enjoyed reading your thoughts on the breast size. Not having to go through that, just getting mine lifted. But have really enjoyed to seriousness and humor in finding the right size. Best of luck to you. I am in Denver BTW
Hi Dream! I like your videos and am happy that you decided to stay in Denver and not go to another country for surgery!! So nice that you are not having a lift and to worry about putting something into your body (implant). That is the most freaky part of this whole thing for me and praying that I won't have a future issues.
Hi I was reading your review and noticed we are the same height and weight maybe not age but you are still young. I have Sientra smooth round 470 cc's in each breast. I believe for your frame you are not going to large :) I am only a thin layer under the muscle so I did not lose those cc's that they say you lose when going under muscle so keep that in mind also when choosing your size. I looked at more boobies than ever during my deciding stage and read the Q&A for doctors and noticed that most say 150cc-200cc equals more a less 1 cup size. That helped me seeing I wanted to go from full C to a DD with NO push up bra (I'm paying a lot to wear no push up bra ever again) I did have a wish pic and was very grateful she was on this site also. I never read to much into what other people were doing but took in some great advice and the ladies on here younger and older are so supportive. But most of all I listened to my PS and 100% trusted his judgment. Hope this helps a little. Good Luck :)
Hi, I just looked at your pics and they look great!!! How are you adjusting to your size and although they may change do you have an idea of what size bra is fitting you? It looks like in the pictures that you started out with more breast tissue than me. I'm currently a B cup with flatness at the top. So if it's like you mentioned above then with 339cc mod plus I should go anywhere from a full C to a small D, which is what I am shooting for. What do you think?
They still get in my way :) but I am adjusting to how different my upper body is until they soften up. I did go try on bras and I originally bought 36DD ( I felt I needed some support) but after wearing it for a day I know I am more of a DDD. I did have plenty of breast tissue just wanted the upper pole fullness and all around more perky...which I got. I think you will be just fine with those cc's if your wanting to achieve a full C small D. I knew going in also that without a lift I was going to have my boobs just bigger and better and that's all that mattered to me. I was lucky my wish pic started out same stats as mine and I loved the results she had.
Best Wishes on your Journey! :)
Thank you!!
YW!
I think probably even as recent as 5 years ago, over 50s probably did it but as people are living longer and are much healthier(especially if you are doing this after weight loss) that is not the norm anymore. 50 is now the new middle age as opposed to being labeled as old
One friend told me that the over 50's crowd does it all of the time but is too smart to talk about it, hahahah!!! I've downloaded Joan Rivers book to kindle.....The guide to plastic Surgery, lol, only $2.99. I'm saving it for post op recovery.
I think the rice sizers are a bit off. They just feel hot and heavy to me. I would never do a BA if I went on how those felt. I think I am gonna order some of the test implants from Natrelle (sp).
I hear ya on that! Every evening when I get home I've been trying to remember to put on my sports bra and rice sizers. Trying to get used to how it feels to have weight on my chest. The side boob that they create is a different feeling as well! Crossing over of arms......the fake book is kind of in the way. Hahahah, Then there is crossing my arms in front of my chest...That no longer works either. I just saw the test implants too!! What a great idea! I'm kind of running out of time. Did you put your rice in knee high stockings? That is working pretty well for me. You can tie a tight knot, cut off the remainder and Lol, you even have a little nipple if you want to point that part of the sizer forward!
Older, so glad to read your updates. I hope the second consult goes well as I know you were concerned about coming into the Denver area and the journey that entailed. I know what you mean about about never getting a call back. The PS that all my docs reco'd never called back. I have a feeling unless something very strange happens like I hate them both, I am going to go with Vath or Wolfe. I have yet to find a really bad review and their facilities look amazing and just reading some of their responses on RS, I really like the approach they seem to put off, which seems to be verified by actual RS clients.
Hi, I've noticed the same thing about Vath and Wolfe re all good reviews and I like their before and after pictures! I also love the general information on their website and I like the attention they put into their website. If I were coming to Denver that is where I had planned to go for my final consult. I hope I love my 2nd consult as well (hands in prayer position:-) I'm a bit alarmed that her assistant said that she doesn't need blood work or EKG at my age, when I've seen that over and over on this website. I'll find out for sure though and the other thing was that I wouldn't need a band??? I see women with the band at top of breasts to get them to settle...again, I have no idea what is up with that and will comment when I find out. Have a great weekend!!
One more thing colo.....When do you plan to have yours done? I'm shooting for the last week in Oct. in hopes of being through the roughest part of the recovery for Holidays.
I still have 25 pounds to goal and I really want to be at goal before I have consults. I feel that if I go now the work would drastically different than if I was 25 pounds lighter.
You know I feel at this point in my life (51yr) , you are NEVER too old to feel good about yourself !!! It took me many many years to come to that realization ! I feel I never focused on myself ! Its crazy but you just get used to the skin your in until one day you get a wakeup call for one reason or the other! After loosing 65lbs and life challenges I feel I have really missed out !!! The impact of our own body image has a butterfly effect on every aspect of our lives! ! I am tired of having to cover up my rolls and pad areas that need padded, just to get a shape that I feel good about! It is now time for me to gain all the benefits of looking and feeling better about myself! I told my girls I might be old ( no really but to them YEAH) but I'm going to have the best damn body in that nursing home!!!!! Hehe So I'm cheering you on girl!!!! Thanks for sharing!!!!!
I go in and out with the emotions...one day I'm certain it's the right thing to do. On those days I have this feeling like I'm starting fresh, like a new beginning, and I love that feeling! Then the very next day and for no reason at all I will feel uncertain of everything! Hahaha, I love the part about the best damn body in the nursing home, hahahah, that cracks me up!
Do you have a review on RS? I was going to take a look and wondering when you plan to have surgery and what your stats are? I'm exhausted looking for before pics of women my height and approx. weight, my size before boobs and getting my size implants!!! Are you doing that too?
I am still in the process of getting $ together! Seems like there is always something!!!!!! I would have already "been there , done that " if the stars would line up in my favor!!! Hehe! I am 5'4" 160 lbs (still trying to get down 15 more lbs) been at plateau for over 1 1/2 years. Lost 56 lbs. Used to be "hot" ( says husband) WHATEVER! Want my "hot" back and more!!! Never had breasts! Nursed 3 girls. ( only time I had boobs! ) went to 3 consults and 2 online . All are pretty much agreeable on procedures. Want TT, BL with BA and lipo . Don't want huge breast just nice ones! Told 350cc under muscle. I think 375 cc ...maybe :) I desire a small waist and flat belly and nice boobs! BAM!!!! That's not unrealistic !!! Hehe! My consults with docs in DR are still in process. So far they are pretty much the same , with other procedures recommended ( more Lipo and BBL) I agree!!!! But need to be real about what to do first! Funny how I now see I need so much more done!!!! Looking at face stuff too!!!!! Lol !!!! OMG !!!! I WANT IT ALL!!!! Just got to start somewhere!
Hi, I know how you feel about the darn weight! I was having a heck of a time getting those last pounds off too. I was down to 130lbs and loved that but I looked so darn skinny in the face and chest, shoulders and arms. Arms are skinny but have hanging skin. I love my face at 150, but can't stand my bottom or thighs. I think that I have finally accepted that I'm okay with parts being really great and parts of my body being not so great. I'm in a cardio rut so I am great at that but not so good at building the lean muscle mass that needs to happen in post menopause in order to lose weight. I plan to hit it hard on my bottom and thighs after complete recovery. Please keep me posted on your progress as there are not so many of us over 50 ladies on here. I'm a little nuts over choosing my boob size and will love when I can quit freaking out over that! I like what you say about how you have to start somewhere, hahahah, I tell my husband that I'm being remodeled. It's like a house. You get a vision and you must not criticize and 2nd guess half way through (like I always do). Keep moving forward. I have moles that I want removed, a way to skinny face that needs something (?) and maybe something done to the arms. If not I'll keep wearing short sleeves! I'm 57, I'm no longer looking for perfection! I can not wait to see a flat tummy though, oh my gosh I am so looking forward to that!!
We are here for you! It sounds like you're doing great with the exercise and are very in touch with what looks best on you. You can check out this calendar of surgery dates and perhaps reach out to a few ladies on it who are getting their mommy makeovers around the same time as you.

Please keep us posted on how it all goes!
Thank you for posting that link! I will definitely go and hope to find others having surgery the same week as me.