This is something I have always wanted to do. I...

This is something I have always wanted to do. I think I started noticing how unhappy I was with my nose since middle school when one of my friends pointed out my "bump." Ever since then I knew that someday I would like to make it better. I knew I wasn't an ugly girl but I hated the feeling of people looking at me from the side. I hated being stuck at a red light and feeling like the driver in the car next to me would be looking at my nose. My nose wasn't terrible but I knew it can look way better. I always told myself that before I turned 25 I would treat myself to a Rhinoplasty. I just turned 23 in August and I made an appointment to see Dr. Ciardullo. He was the FIRST surgeon I had a consultation with. I am EXTREMELY picky and thought that like other people I would visit atleast 3 before making a choice. The minute I walked out of his office I didn't feel like I had to look any further. If anything I came home and started searching on real self and convinced myself even more after seeing before and after pictures of his patients. I immediately called his office back and scheduled my appointment for September 19th, 2013. I was so excited that I was finally doing this for myself! The day of surgery I was not nervous AT ALL and if anything I was confident that my nose would certainly look BETTER and never did I feel any doubt. I just couldn't wait to wake up in the recovery room with a beautiful nose! I can say that I have no regret whatsoever in having made this choice. Dr. Ciardullo will make your current nose a better nose and he makes it look good on your face! A good surgeon doesn't make your nose stand out, they make your nose look natural and fit in with the rest of your face. I feel so bad for other people who have had to get revisions! I WISH they would have found Dr. C first!
you look awesome! I'm going to share my review after my 1 month post op. Dr. C is awesome and I'm super happy my results already. Congrats!
Looking forward to seeing your pics and review ;)

Thank you so much for sharing your experience on RealSelf! Were there any supplies that especially helped you through recovery?

1 month photo

This photo was taken on October 19th.

Currently I still have swelling on the tip of my nose and will keep updating with pictures.
You look amazing!!!! I can only hope mine turns out as good!
Looks great! The swelling will go down soon. I was so depressed after the cast came off because my face was so puffy, I felt so ugly, but it will get better!
Haha yes and obsessed with looking in the mirror! Mixed emotions...I thought I was the only weird one lol

A little shy of 3 months.

Here is how my nose is looking at almost 3 months post-op..
absolutely amazing! :)
OMG!!! I LOVE your nose..... :)
Your nose is beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

3 Months!!

I can't believe it has been 3 months already. I am still swollen inside and out. I have 9 months to go for final result. Here are up-to-date pix; side view and frontal.
Amazing results! Btw your hair looks amazing too!
I agree! :)
Wow, you look AMAZING! Before and after you were gprgeous but your nose is amazing now! I have my cast and splint on still. Removal is 2/1. Cannot wait. It is soooo irritating now and the plastic inside my nose from my septum being operated on is making my nose stuffy. Does removal make it feel heapd better?

Almost 4 months.

So it's about to be 4 months since surgery in 5 more days. I took these photos during the holidays and one of them last night and thought I upload to show you guys how things are looking. If anyone has any questions feel free to message me by the way.
Woooow This is result!!! congrates, you have amazing results and u look so beautiful. I did operation 2 week ago and i wish to have as good result as you have!!
wow.. flawless.. was this an open or closed rhino?
Hi, Thanks! It was closed ;)

5 months

I try to update every month so that we can see the progress. Here I am at 5 months ;)
your results look amazing. My question is about your consultation, how did you feel when they did the before and after picture simulation? I am so concern about it because I am just not 100 % sure that's how I want it. I think I am just having second thoughts and confusing myself.
Thank you. I actually didn't get a simulation. I just trusted that he would do what would be right for me. I have been wanting the surgery for a while I just dived right in lol. I heard the simulations are misleading anyway
Hi I am almost 5 weeks post op. Did your nose ever look different on one side versus the other?

7 months

I can't believe it has been 7 months since I had surgery. Only 5 months left for complete results. I only feel SLIGHT swelling on the tip of my nose and only if i press on it. I still feel stuffy from my left nostril... I have way better airflow from the right so we'll see how that improves... Here are a few pix :)
gorgeous nose!
Very elegant nose!!
You look beautiful, like you were born with your new nose. Very nice result! May I ask, did you have an open or closed procedure?

8 months

Time flies by! I can't believe I am doing an 8month update. I guess I have 4 months for a "final result." It is very true that swelling persists for months. My tip is STILL swollen and sensitive to the touch. I am wondering if i should get a steroid injection? So far i haven't called the Dr asking for one but it's a thought.
You're gorgeous! Nose is perfect!
Beautiful! I hope mine comes out that nice!
Your nose looks sooo good!
White Plains Plastic Surgeon