Terrible Results- Westchester, NY

I am 60 years old and just went for the Affirm...

I am 60 years old and just went for the Affirm Laser for my neck and jowl area. I had had smart liposuction on my jowl line this past September but still had some lax skin. My doctor suggested the affirm to correct this. The procedure was not uncomfortable, and I did not receive any topical anesthesia. It took about 10 minutes. I was red, when I left which was expected. I saw some dark freckles start to appear at night. Today when I awoke I have dark freckles all over my entire neck, looks like road burn! I went to my plastic surgeon and he gave me Obagi cream. I feel I cannot go out looking like this and I am so sorry I had this procedure done. I should have left it alone! I do not recommend this to anyone..... I don't have the downtime to wait to see if this cream works....I feel disfigured and very upset.

Peace of Mind

I decided to call Affrims' Manufactuer. They were very helpful, more so than my plastic surgeon( I suppose he just didn't have the information). The company connected me to a wonderful nurse (they have great customer service). She asked me for pictures, and I also told her I had gotten affirm laser IPL. she assured me that the pigmentation will probably peel away in about 2 weeks! So I am much more at ease now. If indeed the spots do remediate I will continue the treatments. I just wish someone would have told me what to expect. I will keep you updated. ... I suppose being informed is our best defense.

All healed

It's been a bit over two weeks and I am healed (almost complete). The results seem to be promising so I will try The second one July 8th, but I will now know what to expect as far as healing. I will update aft round 2!

Not going to go for rest of the affirm treatments

Decided not to continue . The treatments read the web site on ipl damage support it made me think to leave well enough alone.
Decided NO re another round

After reading the site that dragon64 recommended I decided I will not go forward with the affrim Ipl treatments. I am starting to notice some deep crevices under my jowl line I never had... This is 3.5 weeks after my treatment and one week after freckling dissapeared. To me it is not worth the risk . I thank dragon64 for her advice. Please look at the site she suggested... OMG... It will make you think really hard.