Fraxel Destroyed My Face - Westborough, MA

Fraxel repair permanently scarred my face. it...

fraxel repair permanently scarred my face. it burnt tracks (holes) in my skin that go all the way down to the dermis. my once poreless complextion know is covered in unsightly holes. the fraxel also breaks down the collagen and elastin causing the skin to sag. my once youthful, glowing, nearly flawless complextion now looks dull and dead. please, do not fraxel! take it from one who knows, it is destructive. the damage may not be immediately visible but months or years from now you will realize how harmful this treatment really is. it has been two years out since this barbaric treatment. i am aging rapidly and the damage continues unabated. i regret ever allowing myself to be talked into this procedure. i wake up every morning with a heavy heart for the damage that has been inflicted upon me. it's not fair!!!

Here is the name of the Fraxel Manufacturer....

Here is the name of the Fraxel Manufacturer. Report them to the BBB and FDA and whoever else you can think of. Contact them and let them know what they did you!

Reliant Technologies
Phone: (888) 437-2935
Fax: (650) 473-0119
464 Ellis St, Mountain View, CA 94043

Http://www.youtube...

Before you decide to undergo a very risky laser...

Before you decide to undergo a very risky laser treatment, do you research. Laser and IPL devices used for cosmetic purposes have caused extensive damage to the skin of numerous people. Many have been disfigured and some have even sustained nerve damage and disability. Numerous peer reviewed studies attest to the dangers of these cosmetic devices yet the public is not informed of these dangers. The science behind these devices is sketchy and many devices made it to market before they were thoroughly checked for safety. While the lasers and IPL devices are "FDA approved" this claim doesn't mean much as far as public health and safety are concerned. If you are harmed by a device you have lost the power to sue the manufacturer thanks to a decision made by the U.S. Supreme court. Please avoid cosmetic devices for your own health, safety and well-being. Nobody is looking out for your welfare but you. If you have already been exposed and suspect damage we have tried some therapies that have been helpful. Please visit http://iplandlaserdamagesupport.prophpbb.com/topic190.html

File a complaint with the FDA against these...

File a complaint with the FDA against these Harmful Medical Devices. Here is the link: https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/scripts/medwatch/medwatch-online.htm

I just posted some before and after pictures....

I just posted some before and after pictures. However, I am awaiting pictures from 2 other surgeons I consulted prior to my surgery with Dr. Ahn. I have requested the photos on CD. I have also requested my before and afters from Dr. Ahn. It will be interesting to compare them.

I saw Ahn a week ago. He still refuses to acknowledge any damage. Claims everyone has pores and what I am witnessing is aging that has occurred over the last 2 1/2 years. Received the same tired and infuriating line that Fraxel doesn't do that kind of damage. He offered to e-mail me my before and after photos. I was handed a release form to sign by the receptionist. I was rushed through it. She told me where to sign and never gave me the opportunity to read what I was signing. I was so upset that I didn't think that by signing the release I could have actually been signing a paper giving Ahn permission to release my photos to anyone. I hope I was not tricked. I have e-mailed his nurse and informed her that I DO NOT authorize Ahn to release any of my photos to anyone but me. I am writing this down here so that it is on record.

I am so depressed and so devastated. I seriously...

I am so depressed and so devastated. I seriously don't know how much longer I can stand this. I swear that everyday, more and more fat is melting off my face. There is barely any fat left. My face appears long and haggard instead of soft, round and full. Over the last few days I have begun to notice that my upper lip is shrinking and getting thinner. I look like an 80 year old woman when I talk with my shrunken and wrinkled lip. How does one deal with this devastation? OMG!!! How does the person who did this to me live with himself? How can he not offer to help? What kind of a person does that make him?

How does the person who encouraged me to have this procedure done by telling my how safe it was and how "over the top," it would put me, live with herself? She will be happily celebrating the holidays with family and friends and I will be hiding out in my room crying my eyes out.

I just received an e-mail notification from the...

I just received an e-mail notification from the BBB regarding my complaint about Fraxel Repair. Here it is:

--- On Mon, 11/12/12, Better Business Bureau wrote:

From: Better Business Bureau
Subject: BBB Complaint Case#57240032(Ref#24-441287-57240032-12-200)
To:
Date: Monday, November 12, 2012, 8:06 AM

Thank you for contacting your BBB regarding your complaint.

The complaint was received by the BBB on November 9, 2012 and has been assigned case# 57240032 in our files. Please make a note of this number.

Your complaint has been applied to the following business:
Reliant Technologies
464 Ellis St
Mountain View, CA 94043

The case has been reviewed by one of our Dispute Resolution Specialists and has now been forwarded to the business for their response. Should you hear directly from the company and the complaint is resolved, please notify us immediately.

To view the ongoing status of this case, we encourage you to visit the following site on the Internet by clicking here.

Thank you for using the services of your BBB!

Sincerely,

Elsie Thomas

Dispute Resolution Specialist
Tel: 510 844-2004
Fax: 510 844-2604
elsie@bbbemail.org

The link to my complaint with the BBB is here: http://goldengate.app.bbb.org/complaint/view/57240032/c/p7em24

This month marks the thrid anniversary since my...

This month marks the thrid anniversary since my face was mutilated by laser surgery. Just to update: The fat loss seems to have stopped as of last November (2012). My skin however is an entirely different story. It continues to get thinner and more crepey. The lines formed by the connecting microdot holes are increasing all over my face. The extensive damage and lines around my mouth area are growing deeper. No part of my face has been spared from the ravages of the laser. My skin has aged 25 years in the last three. Prior to Fraxel, I could look at myself in a 10x magnifying mirror and not see a flaw. Today, I am tormented and horrified just looking in a regular mirror. My face is a total mess. The damage is irreversible. Thank you, Dr. Ahn and Rebecca. Job well done!
Westborough Facial Plastic Surgeon

Ahn destroyed my face with fraxel and has refused to acknowledge the damage or to help me in anyway. This has devastated my life. When I visit the office, I feel like they all think it's a big joke! There is no compassion and no empathy!

lord.

Hi everyone. I'll share with you my experience of recovering from huge post-fraxel damage, that I got three years ago. I thought it was the end of my life. I was 30 by that time and aged 10 years within 4 months. Trying to remove minor post acne scars, I got hyper pigmentation, redness, saggy skin, loss of fat around my eyes and on the right cheek. My life turned into nightmare. I underwent most expensive treatments and visited most famous docs, who did not give any hope, until I found one dermatologist, who turned out to be a real genius. She prescribed me a year course of roaccutane combined with vitamin therapy. And then a year later a course of biorevitalisation. Now I have such a dramatic change to my look, that most of my friends think that I've undergone plastic surgery. Roaccutane is usually prescribed for acne treatment, but it has also powerful capacity of restructuring inner skin tissues that give permanent skin lift. DO NOT BELIEVE to those who say that roaccutane is dangerous and harmful. I passed one year course and stay healthy and beautiful. They spread this fake information, because iroaccutane is cheap and helps to solve so many skin problems, that if people start taking it, most beauty clinics will go bankrupt. BUT YOU SHOULD TAKE ROACCUTANE ONLY UNDER DOCTOR'S CONTROL!!!!! Regarding hyper pigmentation, I had two 15% TSA pilings 4 months prior to roaccutane treatment (you can take after the treatment). And Spongilla lacustris L masks during the treatment. If you need more detailed description please write to my email v******@yahoo.com. I will be happy to share with you my experience. I know what nightmare you are passing through. PLEASE DO NOT FALL INTO DESPAIR, as I did one day. This problem is solvable.

Please vicky post pictures of yourself or at least just your skin / start a blog / get on utube . If your case has been solved please try to help some of us that can barley stay alive. I pray that there is hope. I am going to email you on the provided address . Thank-you for your story.
Can I ask what is "vitamin therapy"/biorevitalisation? Is that the IV drip infusion or is it mesotherapy injections into the skin? I would love to know.
I have been reading this thread on Fraxel damage and can't even express how horrified I am that this is happening to people. I was considering getting a laser treatment for cystic acne scarring on my chin. I came here to see reviews on Fraxel and can't even believe what I M reading. I had no idea and am so sorry to all of you that has had damage to your skin. Can someone tell me if there are any lasers that are safe to use? (Ie co2) is the damage from the laser or the user?
Try researching cell-enriched fat grafting using the Puregraft machine made by Cytori...extremely healing. I had a lot of the same issues and this procedure has really helped heal everything...so there is hope! My doctor is located in LaJolla, CA...Dr. Steven Cohen at FacesPlus. Thank you.
I don't envy you, going the legal route. Especially if you are already having anxiety issues. I know from experience how the doctors can verbally diminish and dismiss you. I had similar burns from the Sciton Velashape, and I was told that the machine, at worst, might not work....but it can NEVER harm!! That is absolute hogwash, but the longer it goes on, the momentum is lost and it's so hard to prove that what was done was not already there. That is exactly what a NYC plastic surgeon told me, that it is hard to prove what was or was not already there. At first I was told that a Sciton rep would meet with me in the office where the treatment was done, but when I accepted the offer, the terms changed to, "Here's their number, call them!". It's a slippery slope, expensive, and you can never get it off your mind. Hope you get some peace.
i know but i have before and after pictures and exactly where the laser hit and stopped is where the damage is and thats what helped me for the lawyer to take the case. I have pictures after the laser was done and thank god i kept those pictures .
I havent been on here for a while but im ready to write my story and the nightmare that began in august,2012. Growing up I had acne and was left with SOME acne scars but still had smooth skin. I thought why not improve it and went to a doctor in my area with 30 years experience. He performed the Sciton Profractional Laser on me, which left with with microlaser holes, scars,redness, red marks weird skin texture, hyperpigmentation and HYPO pigmentation. I did fraxel laser a few months back which helped with some of the redness but the sciton destroyed my skin and the doctor says " the laser does not do that". Im currently on anti anxiety and depression medication which I will most likely will be on for a long time. I rarely show up to work which eventually end up in my being fired and than at least I can hide out at home. I was 24 when i did this and im currently 25. I wish I just never walked into this mans office and did this procedure. The morning are so hard to wake up to because I than have to deal with the day and look myself in the mirror, sometimes suicide does not sound like a bad idea. I stay home a lot or only go to my boyfriends house and I dread going out or going to work. My fear and worry is how bad can it get and how much more damage will resurface. Im truly at my witts end. I found a lawyer who will take my case and than alone is a long process and will not bring back the person i once was.
I know we would all like to go back in time and undo what was done. I know after two years of trial and error on products and procedures what helps and what makes it worse. I look for things that add moisture and build the skin. Chemicals or anything harsh such a Retin A is just too drying and makes my skin looks worse. I think the most promising stem cell restore or anything that treats a burn since that is what has happened to us. Don't give up talk to the lawyers bring in any proof pictures of before enlarged in needed and photos now. All your medical paperwork and your files from that doctor. Bring your story to the fore-front does help and you will help others in the future. If you give up now the doctors and manufactors of these products have gotten away with the damage. Please keep us informed with your progress and your legal case. One product I tried that help with all the brown spots that surfaced is Yellow Cream by DermaCuetic. Follow directions and just do one brown spot and see how it works for you. I have learned one thing for sure try one small area at a time for anything I put on or do to my face. Good Luck and we are all praying and cheering you on. Wish you the best.
Thank You. I been to many dermatologists in New York and found a good PS in NY he wants to put me on obagi nu derm but so far I have been using fresh aloe vera as well peter thomas roth camu camu moisturizer along with glyco complex moisturizer. I also ordered rose hip oil and will see how that goes. I also do fresh juicing from vegetables and fruits. This is very hard for me to deal with and its hard for people to understand and they keep telling me I look great. I have all my medical records since Im in the healthcare field and was able to obtain everything. I went to him and showed him what he has done to me and it made me feel kind of good but i do get anxiety thinking of the future and what will happen. My mom is at the end of her rope with me because she thinks im fine but I stay home like a hermit and try not to go out much. I went on laxapro due to anxiety so that way I can eat because at times i went days without any food just vitamins and juice. I could hardly sleep at night and I toss and turn. The doctor that did this is Morris Westfried MD. I was told to do microdermabrasion for the next year or so will improve my skin texture but i dont know.
Hi bk718. I know what you mean about how hard mornings are.I had the fraxel literally melt my inner and outer face like a science fiction movie. The right side now has mild facial paralysis and hangs about a half inch lower then the left , fat loss in different places on face, my jawline just destroyed and hanging and jowling i never had and horrible indented laser burns and hypopigmentation. also my nose cartilage weakened and the tip is now hanging lower. I have thought about not living anymore also but I have my kids and they need me.
I'm sorry this happened to you and my heart goes out to you, I know how you feel, its a battle everyday just to keep things together and put a smile on my face even though inside i feel something completely different. Not only did this affect me but its having emotional impact on my family and boyfriend as well because they see how much i struggle and finally went on meds to keep it together. I reported this to the fda as well as the BBB. I was going to nursing school and that stopped since i feel so self conscious and ashamed of myself. I really hope my doctor rots in hell and has a slow painful death coming to him.
I found a link on youtube regarding these laserhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOcj31r8iR4.
Tell me something, since you think my story is fishy. Take a look at my pre fraxel pictures and tell me WHY any doctor would have fraxeled nearly perfect skin????? If something is fishy, it is a doctor that would recommend and perform such a drastic and agressive treatment that was clearly unnecessary and dangerous. But hey, that's OK. Let's just blame the victim. My advice: Beware of unscrupulous Doctors out to make a buck selling expensive and unwarranted treatments. You may just end up buying your worst nightmare.
Fraxelvictim,sorry i could not reply for awhile. But forget about the ones who doubt you and discredit.They have no idea at all. I also think some are shills for doctors.All in all we know the truth.I have been looking into the recell for the laser burns and scarring and I really think it is impressive. But i would only do it if they dermabrade the area first, no laser!what do you think?
Hi aimhigher! It's great to see you back! You are a respected and valued voice here on RealSelf. We all missed you. Your story is critical to helping others understand the profound and damaging effects of lasers. I've never heard of Recell but it's the most promising thing I've heard yet to repair our damaged skin. I'm going to research it. If you have any information handy, please post it. I'm sure everyone will be very interested. I agree, NO LASER! But then again, if that's what it takes to get your skin to a point where the recell can be applied. Wow, I don't know. That's a hard one. Dermabrade would definitely be preferable if it's possible. This is exciting news.
So, I just checked this out really quickly and Recell looks really promising. Of course, I have a lot more research to do however this is very exciting. I see no reason why dermabrading wouldn't be sufficient. NO LASERS!!!!
The lighting is different though so its hard to be sure.
-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

Dear fraxelvictom I believe u because the same thing happend to me in January of 2010 I had smooth young skin was 35 but looked younger I had a few Rollin scars on the right cheek no one could even see but me and after the laser I had lines pin holes and reddness and also fat loss in my cheeks I look nothing the same and aged 10 years its horrible!
Photos are photos, they are not representative of what one looks in real life. The point I am making with that remake is...For example, if you look at all my photos say on a social networking site, you will not see the damage. This is due to lighting, makeup, etc. However when in person, when you look at my face, you can clearly see the damage. This is real pain that is happening to us.
*remark
Dear missmyoldface, I miss my old face too! Thank you for believing me. I get so sick of people calling me a liar. I suspect that many of them are from Dr. Ahn's office. It's pretty obvious when they join, post a comment on this thread and then totally disappear into the woodwork never to be heard from again that they had an agenda to destroy my credibility when they posted. I am sorry that you experienced a similar diasaster to mine. It seems, 2010 was a very bad year! That's the year my face was destroyed by fraxel also. I'm wondering, has your condition stabalized or do you continue in a downward spiral. I know there is no solution to the damage caused by laser but I was wondering what you have tried to remedy some of the effects? I just hope everyone considering this (mis)treatment understands that it DOES DAMAGE THE SKIN and that the damage is irreversible. I truly believe that even the people who are claiming remarkable results are going to regret it down the line. There is no way anyone who has had their face lasered has not done serious damage. At the very least, premature aging will be the result of this insanity.