I Am Finally Getting Them Done Yey - United Kingdom, GB

I just wanted to talk about my forthcoming op to...

I just wanted to talk about my forthcoming op to reduce my FF boobs. I have had boobs since i was 8 and now i am 49, they have been very heavy and cumbersome most of my life and whilst my girly mates have always admired them, i have had to deal with neck, back and headache throughout the years.
I am looking forward to new boobs mostly as without a bra they rest on my stomach and restricts my breathing as they are so heavy, i like to excersise but regardless of sports bras its very uncomfortable, so when my doc said i had passed a panel, i was elated and since then back in May things have moved so quickly.
It has been useful to read your comments and will be updating as i draw near to B day( as opposed to D day) although i hopefully will be a D will see.
well hope this has inspired someone
speak soon

Support required

Anyone in the uk having their surgery in early September?
Pre op on the 19th tryin real hard to keep bmi 30 an below, sacred that at the last minute they will say no!
Help need some reassurance.
Thanks

Four weeks t go

Well I received my confirmation letter for my surgery date which is the 4th of sept!
Nervous an excited but have waited since I was 8 to have lighter boobs I am now nearly 50 .
To think that I will be a new woman into my 50's it's wonderful .
Nervous that they may say no right at last minute I HOPE NOT.....

A week nearer

I am in my hols an the dressed wearing a swimsuit is upon me!
The thought of my breasts fitting properly into a costume is the best feeling ever!
I will of course wear my swimsuit as always a try an style it out, but deep down will know that in a few short weeks they will be lifted an less heavy....,. What a feeling

3 days post op on the nhs

All the worry, concerns an expectations have been made better by my reduction. Cannot believe the results an have got the breasts that I deserved, more neck or back ache yay.
If anyone out there who have wanted to ask their doctor but never did please do everything has been done am completed within 5 months. It was a long wait but the best thing since having my baby I have ever done .
A big thank you to dr achutan an his registrar Stephanie they did an amazing job. If anyone would like to know more about requesting on the nhs pls be in touch .

12 days post op!

Still taking meds as think I might be overdoing it! Finding it difficult to just stop an do nothing. I am forcing myself today to STOP an do nothing lol.

Aaaargggghh sore nips!

Hi girls are sore nipples part if the healing my days when dressing were change they covered them , but I think they are rubbing against the dressing. Any suggestions!
Uncomfortable !!!!
Thanks on advance

So so happy

Wanted to share nearly 3 week post op no bandages or steri strips.
Tried on bathing suit that I had to wear a bra with an in the end abandoned an left in the drawer., but today dug it out an put it on an to my joy my boobs sat where they are supposed to be in the cups!
Happy days!

Week 4

It's been nearly 4 weeks!
I booked a mini cruise to Amsterdam from fri ~ sun 3 months Ago to leave 27th sept who would have known that I would have hit the go ahead fir surgery an be booked in on the 4th sept.
It was occasion to get dressed up an be normal fir a bit . Reactions were positive comments if how well I looked an have I lost weight an from my pals who knew that I wax in proportion as I should had been. Happy .
Think I overdid it as they are swollen an sore resting today an hope it settles as on the Saturday no pain an the odd bit if uncomfortability.

Is it normal I didn't pick up heavy cases an dint jump around too much??

3 week updates

Sorry meant to add.
Overall real happy with the progress , had long car journey ooooo my took pillow fir support.

Getting there

Week 5
Other than feeling tired STILL healing is going well.
Left breast at t section started to weep so having to put gauze over again.
This has worried me as I have seen where this area can get infected, taking extra care of the area an crossing fingers.
Still in a high as it's the best decision I have made an look Firward to getting better fitting bras an underwear so the outside is a lovely as the inside yoo hoo!
Good luck ladies to all ladies before an after surgery.

Hi folks

Sorry ladies
It's been a while but little progress reports really.
Returned to work after 3 months slow recovery was very tired.
Any who onward an Firward .
Just thought I would send a quick up date to anyone who's sent the size they thought they would be as to give you hope that THEY WILL GET SMALLER! I was surprised that at nearly 3 an a bit months they are now a c/d , trying to get use to the smallness but happy when I can sling my bra off at night an throw my pj top on with my old boobs nearly touching my pj bottom waist band!
Still the best thing I have done it's easier to go up then down my sisters I can use push-ups, fillets an padded bras if I need them bigger but with out the pain .
nhs