3 Smoothbeams and 2 Quadralase Treatments...- West Virginia, WV

Over the past couple of years I have had 3...

Over the past couple of years I have had 3 smoothbeam treatments and 2 Quadralase treatments to my cheek area. I have not been particularly impressed with the results. I am hoping that the most recent Quadralase treatment will show results in a few months. I am going to try to attach a couple of pictures so that you guys can know what I am dealing with. It is a horrible feeling to hate the way you look, yet you can't stop looking at your face. It is almost like I am trying to convince myself that I don't look as bad as I think I do. LOL
I am considering subcision or dermal fillers as my next step. Or, possibly, a 3rd Quadralase treatment.

I'm so sorry to hear how much this is bothering you. :( Do you feel pretty confident in the dermatologist you have been seeing for your treatments? If you don't feel like you are seeing good results from the recommended treatments perhaps you could go for a consult with a different one?

Hi Megan. I have been seeing a plastic surgeon, but I am going to a Dermatologist next month for a change. As far as treatments go, It seems that people are getting good results from subcision but it is difficult to find a Dr who performs it. Thanks for your reply!

I'm glad to hear you will be going to a derm. I didn't realize that it was hard to find one who does subcision. You might have already noticed this, but if you click on the "Find a Doctor" tab near the top of the page you will be able to sort by your area, then either by specialty or treatment type. Perhaps that could help you locate, and its nice because you will be able to see all their reviews and answers they have provided in the Q&A section, so you can get a feel for what they are like and if its someone you would like to go to for treatment or not.

Keep us posted if you opt for the subcision or not!