I Had Rhino Revision and S-lift Done, Same Time - West Palm Beach, FL

My surgery was around 8 hours. I am now 3 weeks...

My surgery was around 8 hours. I am now 3 weeks post op. Nose and face still swollen, but bruises are gone. You really will need to be off work for at least 2 full weeks if not longer. I still look like if someone punch me in the nose - swelling. What concerns me however is my right eye. Since the surgery I can NOT fully close right eye, my lower lid is droopy, eye watering causing me blurred vision. During the surgery the damage or stretching/bruising of facial nerve must have occurred. Therefore I do not look myself, looks funny and abnormal. It caused me stress at work, people starring at me and asking questions... embarrassing. I am waiting for the nerve to heal. The Doc did not let me know that this can be happening. When I went back and "Googled" info. I found out that this is not uncommon due to mid face lift. I wish I knew. I am only 46 and my face was not that saggy. I hope to look normal soon, but for right now I am still just WAITING. The office staff is awesome, and all my appointments were on time with no waiting. Karen and Maday were absolutely awesome!
Now it has been 4 weeks and my left eye is getting better. I still can not fully shut it when I wink, but at least it is not that obvious. My nose still looks WIDE, but profile pictures and look is good - but not so much different than before. My ear lobes look stretched, hope this is going to do down some more. I am posting pictures so you can see: before and 4 weeks after and judge yourself. I am still not positive that spending $15,000.00 was worth it.
Monika, Sorry to hear that your healing is delayed with hopes that you will have a full recovery and the results you expected. I assume your doc has instructed you on things to do to keep your eye healthy while the healing progresses. If this happened to only one eye what does your PS say caused this and what timeframe does he give for significant improvement. The experience of others is what helps us all more realistically anticipate our procedures and post op. Best wishes..grace60
Dear Grace, Thank you for your response. My doctor actually did not say much, just not to worry. I am now just past 3 weeks post op and my eye is still not ok. Unfortunately everyone notices that. My right eye blinks on delay comparing to left one, gets dry, causes blurry vision and it gives me that "droopy eye or "scared of something" (per my friends and coworkers) look. I put eye drops daily and try to gently massage under the eye area and try to be very patient. I just wish someone would at least mentioned that this may sometimes happen. I would have taken more time off just in case to fully recover, and not embarrass myself at work. I have no idea about the time frame of this recovery except what I read on "Real Self" from others and I also "Googled" the subject giving me much more knowledge. I am full of hope. My nose is also still stiff and swollen, especially the tip, but that was fully explained to me by my Doc. I will post my pictures at 4 weeks and pre and post so you and others can see. I am 46 years old by the way.

Before and after 4 weeks. Cost $15,000.00

Before and after 4 weeks

Rhino and S-lift

Other profile, looks very good. The front still looks "swollen", and wide. Hoping that is not the final look.
You look great but are pretty anyway. That gives you a head start. I worry about your not being able to close eye completely. Your eye drying....how do you cope? I am 16 days post op from neck and face lift w/earlobes repaired. Though swelling on sides and some lumps that I am already feeling improvement on, and my under eye bruise, I am thrilled beyond words. If all keeps going as told I will grade my cosmetic surgeon all stars plus. BUT...one can't rate until they are all healed or as long as it is supposed to take. Or as long as the surgeon is still fine tuning. I have you in my thoughts....and tell co workers you had a car airbag go off...or blame it on your dog (yours or someone elses....). Good luck.
I had my neck, face lift on sep 12/13. I took 2 weeks off from work, I had general anesthesia. I'm doing well it looks fine but is only 21 days as today. My stitches are not noticeable , he went almost inside the ear. It bothers me the numbness. About your nose the tip is very difficult to fix , should be done open to trim cartilage at the tip and cut and suture the nostrils to give that good fine tip. My daughters results are awesome, and that is exactly what the dr did. She had minimal bruising and minimal swelling . Now , your eye is what's worries me , maybe an especially dr like occuplasty surgeon can help you with your questions and they are also ophthalmic (vision-eye) . You look very pretty lady to me and I'm hoping for the best for you, I posted my review , it will be ready tomorrow , please read it
Hi Elsita, Thank you for your post. My eye slowly gets better. I can close one eye (right one) fully. It takes forever. Dr Schwartz did my nose via open way, but the tip is still wide, like somebody punched me in it. I am afraid this is it as far as looking like that. It was not worth $15,000.00 and he is NOT as skilled as he advertises. I will not do endless revisions eighter, to make it possible even worse! Hope you are doing better. Numbness is NORMAL! I still have some of it near the ears (up front), but it settles down just right and it will go away.
West Palm Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Still just 3 weeks post op. Can NOT comment due to nose still swollen and right eye lower lid drooping, eye watering. I will post before and after photos in about 4-6 weeks to give you a detailed idea. I will give an overall rating then.