The Last Thing I Want to Look Like is a Jackson....... West Palm Beach, FL

No offense to the Jackson family because I happen...

No offense to the Jackson family because I happen to be a Jackson but I told my original doctor, "please don't make me look like Michael. And low and behold, after the procedure, what do people compare me to, yep, Michael Jackson.
So my goal is to look more natural. I am an African American female who is tired of people kalling me out about my rhinoplasty. I am hoping Dr. Koffi will give me a natural tip and more then likely remove the artificial implant in exchange for maybe a bone graft. Scary, yes, but I feel that this second procedure is my only option for a more normal life. I have an appointment scheduled with Dr. Koffi in July where I can find out my options to reconstruct. Will follow up with info after the trip.

So glad I found this website........

I have had my rhinoplasty for 8 years this December and I never knew a blog/board for rhinos and revisions existed until just a few weeks ago. This blog is a wonderful place, because after getting a bad surgery, life changes and suddenly you feel alone. Feelings like, I'm the only one this happened to and although we know this isn't true, its just that their is no one to talk to on a day to day that can relate. And even as you learn to cope the battle to fight off depression is a day to day battle. Even family tend to have negative things to say and that's a really dark place to be. Thanks to RozeRoze for giving the first response. I am very interested in finding people like myself.

Its not that we are complainers, atleast not myself. I consider myself to be a very strong minded person and probably would have lived with the very artificial looking nose job had it not been for the ridicule, comments, jokes, and ongoing shame that people have for the obvious. I have learned a lot about people from this experience. Not everyone is negative and nasty, but its surprising at how many people find the courage to confront someone with something when its only obvious.

Additional photos......

Just as I have read in many previous rhino stories, my nose also changed a lot over the years. The first year the nose was very swollen but it looked nose because it was bigger at the tip. It wasn't until it completely healed after the second year did the tip look drastically different.

Another thing is some of my photos comes out Gorgeous and others come out, not so nice. Previous to the rhinoplasty I was already a nice looking young woman and considered very photogenic, so this left many to say, that I definitely wasted my money with the first procedure. The difference with the changes made after, does not make me look significantly better....... so I will also post before pics too......

Here is a most reCent photo of me and a friend taken on last Friday.......

This is what it looks like sometimes when friends take selfies photos with me a little too close up. You can get a better look at the true boxy shape and narrow tip with a really uncomfortably close up selfie, No- Filter. Keep in mind this would also be notiCeable in person. This is the nose job I have endeared as the almost perfect rhino. Its almost perfect but we all know that almost doesn't count. Its been a love - Hate Relationship!!!!!
West Palm Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

This doctor website shows that he offers ethnic rhinoplasty but although he is willing and able to operate on someone with ethnicity do not think your results will be ethnic. My finished nose after healing is to thin, to plastic and resembles a white person. This doctor seems to give everyone the same nose job, white, black or other. This doctor cut my nostrils to small and pulled them down. After spending $10,000 in public all I get is weird looks, side eyes and rude comments. When someone does finally give me a compliment I am so insecure about my nose that I think their probably lying. I expressed this information to the doctor for more then 3 years following the 1 year healing process and the doctors only advice to me was, "Go see a psychiatrist".

I love your nose ...you're my wish pic!
Dr. Bared does a free consultation, I would check to see what he says. He does lots of revisions...
honey, your nose looks soo good compared to what you started with. i don't think you need a revision. you don't look like michael jackson. many african americans would kill to have your current nose.
Did it took a long time before the swelling started to go down ?
It took about a year to fully heal. And believe it or not, it looked better while it was swollen and puffy. No one thought I had anything done untill the 2nd - 3rd year after all the swelling went done and the nose shrunk to the final look. Thats why I am interested in building it up for definition, esp around the tip where its narrow.
I wouldn't touch it again
It will be 8 years this December and I have been wrestling with this decision. I actually would prefer not to go back under the knife as u can imagine but there are a few suddle changes that I feel can give me the more desired look I wanted. Main areas of concern includes nostrils that are cut too small and European but I dont think much can be done to reverse that so once I meet with the African doctor (Kahfi) next month I will know what can and cannot be achieved with a second rhino.
I love your nose right now!!!
The comments about this rhino is flattering. Of course I dont want to argue with someone when they say something nice about the rhino. So thanks very much!!
Which doctor where you thinking about going ?
I have a consultation with Dr. Kahfi based out of Maryland next month. Just want to sit down with him and be realistic about any options.
I don't see anything wrong with your nose. I think it looks stunning and people that say you bare any resemblance to a Jackson are just jealous haters that wish their nose looked that good. You shouldn't waste your time or money on something you don't need!!!
I agree there hating like seriously
Do something with your hair like color or cut or get done long weave : girl I would be rocking that nose like I was foreign :)
Will post up a most resent photo with longer hair. And yes, Changing the color of my hair does help tremendously!! it even Looks Stunning when I wear blonde or even colors with honey blonde highlights. I agree..... ;)
I'm sorry you've been going through this! Hope you've found some consolation on this site as you are definitely not alone! Such a struggle and becomes such a focus of our lives, I wish I had never done anything in the first place :)
I think you look great already, you're a very attractive lady. I'm sorry but I don't see the plastic look you speak of. I also realize that photos don't always show everything and wish you the best getting the results you want.
You are beautiful before and after :) ! I see the difference and understand your concerns . Wish you best luck with your revision . I don t think it will be that hard for a good surgeon to improve your nose . Praying for you ..
Thanks so much. I appreciate your comments and agree. If I keep the changes minimal it should enhance the overall look.
I'm so glad you're here! Thanks for finding us and starting your story on RealSelf. I hope you're able to get a more natural result after this revision. Please keep us posted!
Im so glad I finally found this community of people. Better late then never for me. I am hoping to help someone through their process from my personal journey just as I am being helped through others who have shared their stories. This forum is just as useful therapy.
Your current nose does not look that bad from the picture posted. Good luck with your revision.
Thanks foxyboxy......guess I will post some additional photos. I will agree and say, its not the worst nose job ever but its major downside is that its a detectable nose job. What I have found over the last 8 years is that people are quick to impose there judgment on others based on what they approve of and what they don't, in the South! Some of the dislike I get may stem from jealousy and some from disapproval of the idea of elective surgery. As much as I don't want to go back under the knife I just really want to achieve a balance where the nose can kind of fly under the radar in the real world. Lol if you know what I mean. The nose tends to grab a lot of attention, most likely because Im African American and typically this look is not the norm. I have been saving all my extra money for over 6 years for this and its hard to cope with even the fact that Im having to invest more money. I really wish that it could have been done right the first time so maybe at this point in life instead of putting money into cosmetic surgery, I could have been buying my son a car for his highscool graduation this year.