Nervous, Excited, Hoping for the Best! - West Palm Beach, FL

After many long years of struggling with weight...

After many long years of struggling with weight loss and gain. After the birth of my second child I was determined to get the keep the weight off. She just turned 4 and I am now the lowest weight I have ever been. In college I weighted over 360 lbs now I am under 200. After 1.5 years of debating about having my extra skin removed I found a great doctor willing to help. I got quotes from 17k to 10k. Within the last month I called the insurance company almost daily, last Thursday I got the call I had been waiting for-approved. I have so many things going through my mind.

Updated

The date is finally set for Thursday, Oct. 31st.

getting close

I am so close now, havehad many sleepless nights. My mind is racing and my body is all over the place. Mini-panic attack over the weekend. Tommorrow is final pre-op appt with dr then to the hospital for more paperwork, we have gone from days to counting hours. Fingers crossed

Pre-op all done

Boy, today was more than I expected. I was with the doctor for over one hour, got my marking, scripts, information overload. Then off to the hospital, another 2 hours there. Five different people then bloodwork. Ironicly, they hospital called me 30 mins after I left because my glucose numbers were too low. They wanted to make sure iwas safe, surprised butthought it was nice. Weird instructions, prior to surgery iwas instructed to brush my teeth and use mouthwash to lessen risk of illness.

hours away

We are in the final hours, I braided my hair as the dr said no shower until drains are out. Theyalso said to get maxi dress, so I got one today. All set just hours away.

day after

Yesterday was a whirlwind. The hospital has been wonderful, some of the nicest nurses. Got bad advice in pre-op, I have type 1 diabetes. I was told not to take insulin, which caused 2 hrs of delay to bring me down to an acceptable level and some tears when the dr also said to reschedule. The surgery lasted 4 hours. Then 2 hours in recovery. Placed in a version of ICU for monitoring. Up sitting in a chair now. Only managing pain with tyneoyl.

Getting around

Still in the hospital, they having issues with my disbetes. Hope to go home on Sunday. My doctor is great, I got to see the new me today, it is beautiful. He had to use staples for closure and to reduce infection, I know them coming out is painful but it will all be worth it. My insicion is 60 cm across and 25 cm vertical.

yea! finally home

I got home last night about 7 pm. First night was no so bad, got up andhelped take the kids to school. My doctor aranged for a home health nurse to come change my dressings. Spoke with the doctors office today, drains are producing minimal amounts might be removed tommorrow, they are not bothering me. Feeling pretty good just tired.

update

Home nurse just left she said it is healing nicely. I have 54 staples across and 20 staples down. Some sweeping, but the nurse thinks they will remove drains soon.

Bored

I am feeling much better than I or anyone expected. Called the dr they are ready to pull some of the drains. The drains are not bothering me to much. Overdid it a bit today. Made gluten free pizza crust then just put pumpkin muffins in oven, or it could of been the floors I swept.

Just left the doctor

Just left from the doctors office 2 drains removed. It hurt for a second but then over and still better than the tubes. He is so pleased as I am also. Hopefully on Monday get the last 2 drains out then the staples will be next.

1 week update

It has been one week today. Feeling good.

strength not back

I was thinking by now I would have my strength back, nope. Little task take more effort. Nurse came today so she needed updated pictures.

So happy with my results

I am so happy with my results so far. The doctor removed my last 2 drains today. I get my staples out of on Friday. Everyone save water for I will be able to shower on Wednesday morning. I might even wake up earlier just to make sure I have enough time. :).

staples out

Do not anybody lie, staples coming out hurt more than them going in. But it feels so much better. Walked 1/2 mile today. At the office they recommended eating pineapplefor swelling. I will take bromelain, pineapple extract as I can not eat a lot of fruit due to sugar content.

Set back

Just left the doctor, woke up in a lot of pain. Called doctor they wanted to see me. My blood pressure was high and the right side on my insicion was fevered and very tender. I have a stitch abscess, the doctor had to open the wound and drain it. So painful. Back on antibiotics.

emergency room

Yeap, that is where I am. My infection is worse and Dr wants me on iv antibiotics.

my neverending story

So I had a bad allegiric reaction to first round of antibiotics. Now they switched to a different combo. Not going home today :(

going home

On my way home very happy. Continue with antibiotics

Happy Thanksgiving

So much to be thankful for.

good and bad

Went to doctor on Monday. Can resume all activity. I am exhausted by 8 pm ready to pass out. I have wore my binder eventhough the Dr said as nessesary beacuase I have been working long hours. Still a great experience.

good idea

My doctor recommended getting a massageto help with swelling. I went on Wednesday for a lympathic massage I can feel the difference.

stiches

Ihave had 2 stiches work there way out of my insision, weird but nobiggie. I found a place that willdo my massages under insurance. I am going twice a week feeling great.
West Palm Beach Plastic Surgeon

Great and very caring doctor. He cares more about the patient than the money. Spent 30 minutes or more with me on day of pre-op visit to answer all my questions.

Hi, I had my panniculectomy on Nov 27th. Good luck to you.
hey how are you
Good, had my one month checkup on Monday. Doctor was happy, no more binder unless needed
Good to know about the pineapple
HAPPY THANKSGIVING.... looking Good lady and happy
yaaaaaaaaaaaaay you be careful and rest, rest, rest... thinking and praying for you
omg I'm praying for you... how did you know you had an infection was it a smell or just REALLY painful... you are definitely in my prayers..... :-(
Painful, went to Dr on Tuesday gave been on oral antibiotics but it is spreading down leg and still seeping. So Dr wants to be safe because of diabetes. How are you doing?
I cannot win today, I am allegeric to the antibiotic they gave me. I look like a red angry bird. Waiting for benedryl.
oh man I'm so sorry to hear that.. I'm praying for your healing... I feel your pain I pretty sure we were not expecting this but all we can do is expect for better days... are you still in the hospital? bless your heart I hope you get better soon... Big Big Hugs you way
Get well Chica... Sending you hugs and prayers.
Yes still in hostipal. Lucky I now have a different reaction today my eyes are red and swollen with a rash on my face.
I still have not got my staples out I only was able to get 7 taken out because I am so swollen and they are irritated guess I'll just be in pain for a whole nother week I just want to cry
Trust me I know the feeling. I cried the whole way back from the doctor.
ugggg this is rather depressing... well I guess we are only at the beginning of it we shall overcome ans conquer these weeks.. just hang in there... BIG HUGE HUGS YOUR WAY
Hugs to you also are you eating Pineapple. It is to help with swelling.
no didn't know that... what helps with constipation
Did you try prune juice?
yes and dulcolace and ex lax
did they take all your staples out at once? I get a third of mine out on Tuesday I was not aware that it hurts when they come out kinda think I want to leave them in now... Lol.. I bet you feel so much better with those staples out.. I didn't want to ask you why did you have the incision that goes upwards
Yes they took out all 75 at once. It feels like they are pulling a hair out by the root. The reason I have a vertical and horizonal incision is because of my body structure for maximum benefit.
oh man 75 bless you ... I salute you.. I get a third of mine out Tuesday... think that's all I can do I'm way to sore
you look amazing... I know you will be glad when all the swelling goes down
Thank you so much, I am scheduled on 12/26 (wrote my pre-review yesterday but I don't think it's up yet). I think my question is, did you just have a Panni? I am not expecting 2 cuts, is that standard? I don't have my pre-op until 12/12 but need to do questions slowly so I have to start now, lol . . . I am a queasy baby and can only look at so much per day. By the way . . . you look great and have given me so much hope for my results :D