Beautiful results with Dr Eric Joseph ! West Orange, New Jersey

I have chosen Dr Eric Joseph as my doctor, I've...

I have chosen Dr Eric Joseph as my doctor, I've had 4 other consultations with doctors in New York City and New Jersey . I kept going back to Dr Josephs website and here on Real Self to view the beautiful results his patients have . My expectations are to have my deviated septum corrected and remove the bump on my nose , also my nose is crooked and there is an unattractive droop that bothers me . I feel like I'm in good hands with Dr Joseph and am excited about my surgery . I'll upload pictures shortly and share my recovery .

Before pics

Before pics

These are some before pics , you can see the bump on my nose from the profile views . The forward facing pic you can see my nose is a little crooked .

Pre-op Appointment

Today i had my pre-op appointment with Dr Joseph. We went through a check list of things that were my pre op prcedures and post op medications. The doctor and i discussed what he would be doing to my nose. He used his fingers to show me what he was thinking about doing , i know its difficult to imagine but he knew exactly what i wanted. After our consultation he took many before pictures at different angles .
He gave me prescriptions for antibiotics, nausea , anxiety and pain .
My daughter was with me during the consultation , she absolutely loved Dr Josephs personality . She sad that Dr Joseph is a very cool Dr .
So far all of my family is very supportive of my descison . Im very excited to finally go through with the surgery. Im confident that Dr Joseph is able to meet or exceed my expectations.

Day of Surgery

Today is the big day . I'm at the facility and waiting to speak to the anesthesiologist . The IV is in and I said a little prayer . I'll write a little more after ther surgery .

After the surgery

So I was definitely pretty scared to do this because I had never had any surgery that required me to go under before . Everyone one at North Fullerton facility was really wonderful . Cathy my nurse was so sweet and I have to tell you really took care of me very well . The anesthesiologist met with me and explained how anesthesia works and how she would be monitoring the whole procedure . My doctor
Dr Eric Joseprh came in and marked my nose and even prayed with me . He was so nice , the nurse commented on what a great guy he is aside from being a wonderful doctor . I felt at ease and didn't worry about the doctors performance because I can see from all the work he's done that he knows what he's doing . I woke up from the anesthesia and there was Cathy right in front of me taking care of me and after a short while she moved me to a recovery chair . After asking me several questions and giving me water she showed me how to change the bandage under my nose . The nose was not packed at all so the bandage catches the blood fluid that runs out , no big deal . She gave me a goodie bag with snacks , water, Chapstick , bandages and tape . I was wheeled out to the car and went home . I stopped to get an ice coffee on the way home . The cold coffee was good because I was so thirsty . My family had lasagna for dinner since they told me I could have anything I want after the surgery . The doctor called me a few moments ago to check on me . everything went well and what I am experiencing is typical . I took a cephadroxil antibiotic pill after dinner and so far I have not had any pain or nausea so I did not take those so far . I can tell already that my nose looks different . Looks good from the profile and looks like no more hump or droopy tip . I can't wait until tha bandage comes off . Oh by the way the bandage is a soft kind . Last thing was that the doctor said he did a lot of work on my septum so now I'll be able to breath from my left nostril . Ok I'll post again tomorrow.

One day post op

I'm feeling fine except for a soar throat . I've been drinking iced coffee and Ice waters all day . I'm no longer wearing the bandage under my nose as the blood drainage has subsided ,
I had a hard time sleeping last night because I wanted to sleep in a sitting position to keep my head elevated . I did not trust myself in my bed because I'm a stomach sleeper and usually bury my head in pillows so I slept on the chaise lounger on my couch . I have the typical shiners beneath my eyes and a soar throat that's all .

2 day post-op

Ok I had to put the drip pad back on since I was leaking again . I tried taking our dog champ on a short walk but that proved to be a bad idea since he was pulling on me pretty hard . So today I feel stuffy and I can feel blood or fluid coming down my left nostril more than my right . My left nostril is the one that was most deviated . Well right now I'm taking it easy on the couch and walking around in between just to keep my legs moving . The facility nurse Ann called to check one and said the swelling should start to go down . I called Dr Eric about my throat and he called me back immediately and said I should try Chloraseptic throat lozenges because they will numb my throat a little . That helped a lot . Some of my friends have stopped by to hang out and watch movies but it's really best to just rest . I guess I must look ok enough to go outside because they keep asking me to go to movies or dinner but I'm really not up to any of that . I prefer to stay home and camp out for now . I'm afraid to clean my nose out on the left side because there's still red blood oozing out when I try to clean it . I'm drinking lots of ice water and resting . I'll update if anything new comes up .

2nd day post op

Day 3

Today I woke up quite swollen but the black and blues aren't that bad . The only thing that is bothersome is the feeling of being stuffed up . My left nostril is very stuffed up seems very crusty with dry blood I'm cleaning the outside of my nose but will not put anything inside . So I'm taking the doctors orders and just relaxing and staying home . That's all for now .

Day 4 post-op

What a difference a day makes . I cleaned up my nose as best I could with qtips and hydrogen peroxide and water last night . It was such a wonderful relief . I guess the crust loosened up and gave me space to breathe . I feel fantastic ! I slept great and woke up very well rested . I don't know if it makes much of a difference but I'm sleeping sitting I'm my couch with my head on pillows . I got used to it . My nose feels a little itchy under the bandage but I don't dare touch it . It's so funny because I can't smile yet . I can't wait until Tues to get my bandage off . I'll update if anything new pops up . Btw I used cotton balls with a little cetaphil and water to cleanse my face . My skin is so oily I'm sure there's an oil slick underneath my bandage .

Day 5 post op

Not that much to report today . My ex is taking the kids for the weekend so I'm happy about that. As a mom your work is never done . I'm always picking up after them and making sure they're happy with what they are doing and what they're eating etc .... Today I feel pretty much the same as yesterday , I can breathe a little through my nostrils it feels great ! I notice when I start doing things around the house my nose starts to throb I guess that's my cue to just chill out . My mom is here helping me but you know when you're used to things your own way it's hard to stop even when you have help . I'm driving her back home today I'm sure she wants to get back to her life . She did help me out a lot ! She cooked me foods that I never eat . I'm probably going to get off this couch five pounds heavier ! It was nice to have my mom around especially with my son . He's like a wild animal lol ! Ok I'll update if anything changes . Have a wonderful day ! It's gorgeous up here in North Jersey . No pool or beach for me though :( boo ! Again have a great day!

5th day post-op

Day 6 post-op

I've been resting all day. I can't believe how many times I can doze off in a day .Ok so just a couple of times I felt some throbbing that's all . Over all I'm very comfortable and can breathe through both nostrils ! thank you Dr Joseph . I think people really do underestimate the total function if their nose . When doctor Joseph was saying I will be able to breathe from both sides of my nose I was thinking why is he smiling like that ? and how good can it really be ? I'm here to tell you that it feels great !

Day 7 post-op

Today I'm feeling fine no changes . I feel really itchy underneath my bandage. Crystal from Dr Joseph's office called to confirm my appointment for tomorrow at 1030 am. I'm so excited about getting the bandage off but I also know it's protecting my nose so I'm thinking

7 day post op

I'm thinking that my nose will be more vulnerable . Ok so that's all . Everyone have a good day .

Day of unveiling day 8

Today is the day my bandage came off . Dr Joseph spent some time removing the sticky bandage .He cleaned out my nose then showed me my results by giving me a mirror . I could not believe the beautiful and natural results ! Wow ! wow ! Wow! I'm thrilled . I would recommend him to anyone seeking a nose job . Take a look at my pics and you will see . I'm so happy ! After Dr Joseph removed my bandage his lovely assistant Kristal came in and put make up on me to cover the minimal bruising I have left over . Not only do they do that for all of their patients they actually give you the mineral makeup and coverage with brushes and cleanser ! How nice is that ?

More pics

Day 10 post op

Splints came out today

Looking and feeling better everyday

I know I haven't updated for a while , I've been busy working and just living life . My nose is feeling good and my smile is finally back . Qtips and saline spray are my new best friends . I use the saline spray to loosen up any dry stuff up there , it really helps loosen things up and I am blowing my nose a little now . I take care to still be gentle . I'm loving my nose and the healing process is happening everyday . At first you feel like a Mr potatoe head and it's a feeling like someone just stuck a nose on .but now it feels a lot more flexible and the swelling which was minimal has gone down .

Update

Very happy with my nose , it gets cuter and cuter ! Still a little numbness at the tip .
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

I am completely and totally satisfied with my nose . Everyone I had any contact with concerning Dr Joseph was completely professional and easy to deal with . I love my new nose ! Dr Joseph did an excellent job and exceeded my expectations completely ! My face looks a lot more balanced .Thank you Dr Eric Joseph you are a star ! I would recommend Dr Joseph to anyone seeking a rhinoplasty .