Revision Rhinoplasty - West Orange, NJ

I had a bad Rhinoplasty surgery.

I had a bad Rhinoplasty surgery.

It's been 8 months since my second surgery and I...

It's been 8 months since my second surgery and I couldn't be any happier. My nose looks beautiful and so natural that no one can even tell. When I look back at pictures of my nose after my first surgery I instantly get anxiety. I've always been insecure with my nose but after the surgery from hell that was nothing compared to what I was feeling and going through afterwords. I try to act like that year never existed. Dr.Joseph is truly amazing for making my nose from what it was to what it is now. A few months after my surgery my son hit my nose with his toy and I was freaking out because I could feel it swelling up, so I messaged Dr.Joseph and he responded to me right away and gave me his cell phone number to call him and let him know what was going on. It was late at night and he talked to me and reassured me that my nose was fine and called me in a prescription to take down the extra swelling. I feel secure having Dr.Joseph as my doctor because I know if I ever have any questions or complications he'll be there to help whenever I need him. After I'm done with all my follow up appointments, I'll definitely be back for some minor tweaks. :)

Since I didn't explain why I had Rhinoplasty in...

Since I didn't explain why I had Rhinoplasty in the first place, I'll do that now. My nose was wide, long, had a little hump, extra fat on the tip, and a deviated septum(I found out from my Dr.Joseph). The first Surgeon told me I didn't have deviated septum. All I wanted done was to remove the hump and narrow my bridge and tip. I just wanted a softer appearance. I had realistic expectations and the previous surgeon told me he could do it. You always hear about surgeries from hell and mine was one of them. I could of been on one of those shows. My nose was horrible and I barely left my house in over a year because of it. It took a toll on me and I never been so low in my life. I don't know what he did to my nose but it didn't look normal. My nostrils were pinched. I had a indent on my bridge where bone was missing. It went from being narrow to fat to narrow. I looked horrible. I really did my research the second time and after finding Dr.Joseph on Realself, I knew he had to be my next doctor. I had that gut feeling and I knew I wasn't settling with anyone else no matter what the cost was. Like I said in a previous post, Dr.Joseph was my best decision and I couldn't be happier. I'm always going to have things I don't like about myself but my nose is no longer one of them.

Hitting my 2 year mark soon..

I recently had Silikon 1000 injected into my nose since I have thin skin and cartilage was showing through after swelling subsided and at first I wasn't sure how I felt because I'm OCD and when I get use to something the littlest change can set me off. After reviewing before and after pictures I was reassured and happy for doing it. It was the smallest difference that most could probably never notice or pick out. I also had silikon awhile ago in my nostrils so I'd have less nostril show and I was very happy with that. Overall I'm very happy with my nose still. My profile is my favorite and that didn't change at all after injections. I get in random freak out modes where I tend to worry about anything that has to do with my nose and I'm glad Dr. Joseph knows this and always there to reassure me. I'm just extra sensitive with my nose after the horror I went through after my first surgery. Oh and Dr. Joseph didn't charge to tweak my nose with Silikon. He really is such a great Doctor.

Almost two years

West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

I've been eying up Dr.Joseph for over a year. I found him right after I had my first surgery..go figure. I had a feeling that I had a bad surgery but waited out the year in hopes it would change. I knew after finding Dr.Joseph that he had to be my next doctor and meeting him confirmed it. He as well as his office staff are just amazing. My first surgeon completely took my confidence and Dr.Joseph gave it back. I can't believe how good my nose looks after just a week with being swollen. I can't imagine how good it's going to look in a month. Dr.Joseph is one of my best decisions I've ever made.

you look amazing!!!! congrats! :)
You look amazing!! I hope I end up with same results! Amazing how the shape of a nose enhances other features, gosh can't believe how stunning you are!
Thank you so much! Before I ever had surgery I always thought noses can make or break a face and that's why I always wanted mine done. I hope you get the nose your happy with and wanted:)
You look beautiful. I scheduled a consult with dr. Joseph for a revision but unfortunately I cancelled it because I live far away, about 5 hrs drive fom his office.
Thank you! Aw that's ashame but I understand. That is a very far drive. I live like an hr and a half away and still it always seems to take me longer to get there. I hope you find a good surgeon around you:)
Also, do you have any pics from your first surgery? I guess I'm trying to figure out if there is hope for me. Get so depressed all the time.
Yes, if you look through my pictures the first few I added of before and afters are side by side from my first surgery and after my second. My nose was horrible and I look deformed! I know exactly how you feel because that's how I felt. I had to get on medicine and I barely left my house in that entire year til I got it fixed. I didn't know I had a deviated septum til my second surgery. First Surgeon told me I didn't have one then Dr. Joseph told me after my surgery that he also fixed my deviated septum..so that was news to me.
I see now. Although I think you look far from deformed I can see the improvement for sure. My husband is always telling me I'm crazy and I'm beautiful which I suppose I appreciate but truth is I know it's messed up and I feel guilty for being so bothered by it. I'm also scared it'll be worse if I get another surgery. Seeing your story has encouraged me.
It's just one of those things that I don't think you'll ever get over until your happy with it. One thing that made my situation worse is everyone told me my nose was fine after the first surgery and I was being obsessive and it made me feel like I was crazy. Because I knew when I looked in the mirror it wasn't right but I had everyone saying it was and in my head and that was a huge thing that brought my down. I had very realistic expectations with my nose and my nose wasn't even half decent by any means..it looked worse than my original nose. I just couldn't deal with it and I knew I wasn't getting over it til I fixed it. I think you'd be fine getting another Surgery as long as you really do your research and find a Revision Specialist like I did. It'll be expensive but it's worth your sanity and happiness. My fiancé never thought I needed surgery in the first placed but as a woman if I don't like something than I don't like it and no one is making me feel otherwise. I have a friend who had multiple nose surgeries and still very unhappy and because of it she keeps trying to tweak other things to make her happier but in the end it still comes back to her nose and she's left with being unhappy again and that's why I think it's important to fix the root of the problem.
Did your insurance cover any of the cost?
No mine didn't.
I was just curious since you mentioned a deviated septum. Your nose looks great. I'm considering having a revision but scared to death. Had two prior surgeries and my nose is still crooked. :(
Hi there You look amazing :) What is the silicon he injected you with? And where? Is it permanent is it like a filler or an artificial cartilage? Thank you
Thank you:) he used Silikon 1000 and it is permanent. I've had it in my nostrils and on the left side of my nice. I grew extra cartilage under my skin on the right side of my type which makes that side stick out more so I was injected with it on my left side to even out my nose and to cover the cartilage showing at my tip.
Nose** tip**
Hi! You nose looks Amazing!!! And so do you! You should be so happy! Just wondering what the prescription that your Doc told u to take when your son hit your nose? At 14 months post op my nose is still swollen, and I hate that anxious feeling i still get looking at my nose :( thanks heaps!
Hi there Happy for you my dear. What type of gratis did ur doctor use? Was it diced or a whole chunk of one cartilage ? Where was the dents bc I can't see them in the pictures? Thank you
Hi:) and I have no idea what he used in my nose. In my before pictures the dent is on the top of my bridge on the side. It looks like a little bruise or dark spot..that's the dent.
Hi, you just waited 8 months? you had just the tip done?the doctor is the same of the first op? I had the op the 15th of Feb and I'm not happy. The nostrils are very big from front to side and unnatural!! I'm so depressed. Thanks a lot.
Hi! I waited a little over a year and no I went to a different doctor the first time who screwed up my nose. Dr.Joseph fixed it and he did my whole nose, not just my tip.
Dr Joseph's amazing, he did my surgery too and I wouldn't change a thing! :)
That he truly is. I couldn't be happier with my nose and the fact that it looks so natural to the point that no one could tell unless I told them amazes me. I'm surprised he's not famous yet and doing all the celebrities because god knows a lot of these reality stars need him.
Amazing! You look wonderful! Did you have grafts added?
Thank you! I have no idea what he used.