SO READY!!!! ...... Found a Dr! - West Orange, NJ

I have a big nose and large nostril flare. I've...

I have a big nose and large nostril flare. I've been uncomfortable with my nose since I was 9. That was when I noticed I had a big nose. I thought I would grow into it and end up with a perfect nose like the rest of my family but it never happened. I'm married with two kids and even my youngest Son has started getting teased about his nose. This has put me in a hard spot.... not wanting to get it done and have him suffering through the teasing but I have to get it done. My husband loves me just the way I am but is fully aware of how much my nose holds me back. I'm beyond ready for a change... I'm in school and looking forward to starting a new career with a new nose. I will be keeping you all posted on my journey.

Consultation is scheduled!!!

Consultation is scheduled for Monday Morning :) I didn't even call the office.... I schedualed via email. I'm so ready to go and talk things over and I'm bringing my usband with me for support :)

Consultation.. update

Ok..... I went for my appointment yesterday and the office was very nice and staff was lovely and not pushy at all. The Dr spent a lot of time evaluating my nose and talking to me about what he would be able to do. I did like the consultation and the images he did but they didn't show much with my difficult nose shape. The total price of the procedure is just shy of $9,400 total. It's a little higher than I thought it would be and I still have some saving to do before I can get things done. Consultation was $75.

any updates? all the best
I just had mine done yesterday by an African American plastic surgeon in Greensboro NC, Dr Truesdale. Cost around 4000 and with 35 years of experience plus experience in African American noses he was my choice..After a 17 year consultant with him, I finally went back to do it
Have you done it yet
Happy New year wseety, where are you?
You could always apply for care credit if it is something you want to get done right away and pay off the cost before you get hit with interest
Hey, doll - Did you pick your surgeon yet? Are you gonna go to Eric Joseph
Im with you on the new nose , new career comment. Im in school too , and I was telling my husband who's to say if this nose has held me back from getting a job . hmph. smh Sad to say but true. I think there a lot of good rhinoplasty surgeons or facial surgeons out here, despite always hearing the same names, of the ones who get marketing or media gratitude. There a lot of low key ones in the Tri state area who wont charge your life savings and do if not just as good or better job as these so called "Elite" doctors. The names I see on here the most, are Dr. Rizk, Dr. Joseph, Dr, Tobias, Dr. Guida, to name a few. but there are so many surgeons out here who are board certified. I think it comes down to your gut feeling.
I am soooo late..lol I see you went to the consult this Monday. Wow so you werent too impressed with the imaging on the shape of the nose ?? Did he show images of the front of the nose or just the side profile ? I went to a consult and only got side imaging which was fine because i dont like my profile but I ALSO dont like my front profile..lol and would have been happier to see where he could go with that. So, it was 50/50 feeling for me. I am very concerned about someone narrowing the width or my nostrils to bring the base of my nose in , feel its to wide at the bottom. So, do you think you will continue with him or maybe see some other surgeons, in the meantime ?
I scheduled a consult w dr. Joseph for a revision last oct. Too bad I cancelled bec I live in VA and would be inconvenient if I decide to have surgery with him. Are you going to choose him? I read a lot of good reviews about him.
Good luck with your consultation with dr. Joseph. Please update us.
where did you find a doctor? What did they tell you about tip definition? I'm having my surgery in 2 weeks. I'm starting to get scared! really scared!
I'm scheduled for a consultation on Monday....... we will see :)
Girl , Monday is right around the corner now :)) Know your excited to get in & speak to someone, Make sure you write down all your questions so many times i went for consults and got home and said dangg I forgot to ask this or that smh annoying. I think the excitment & anxiousness causes us to let things slip our minds.. lol Anywho, Dr Joseph is pretty popular in Jers. and seems to do great work so you should be in good hands. I was going to consult with him too but I live in the city and the commute was a bit much for a surgery you know . But, congrats and keep us updated .
wow i'm soo excited for you; did the £8000 cost include all surgical and anaesthic fees? Also please update so we can see your progress; thanks.
Yes its includes everything :)

I'm glad you found a doctor you're comfortable with. I'll be looking for your updates. What an exciting time for you!

Girl I totally understand . I'm getting married shortly and before I do I need this nose to be fixed . It's hard having to deal with something so evident right in the center of your face everyday . My nose is too wide and lacks definition In the bridge area. I'm looking to have mine done end of dec right after Xmas . Smhhh. I almost wish the holidays would just go head already smh I get your frustration and your beautiful girl as we'll but getting that nose fixed would enhance it to another level . When are you thinking of having surgery?
Thank you!!! I would like to have it done before my 30th. I want to schedule my consultation next month.
We might have the same issues; you can see what is in my nostrils if you are shorter or standing before me. Imagine! lol keep us posted!
uuugh I hate that the most. A friend just posted a pic of me from a party and I was laughing with my head back :( you can see clearly how large my nose is. It makes me sad and I stress when I have to see images like that of myself. I'm 5'7 and I don't like short people looking up my nose LOL
We should be at the same stage. I am yet to find a good surgeon. I live in the UK and might travel to the US for the procedure. I had 2 online consultations with 2 reputable doctors there in the US. There is one I really really like but am yet to make a decision. But am 89% chance that I go with him. Keep us posted.
Will do