SO READY!!!! ...... Found a Dr! - West Orange, NJ

I have a big nose and large nostril flare. I've...

I have a big nose and large nostril flare. I've been uncomfortable with my nose since I was 9. That was when I noticed I had a big nose. I thought I would grow into it and end up with a perfect nose like the rest of my family but it never happened. I'm married with two kids and even my youngest Son has started getting teased about his nose. This has put me in a hard spot.... not wanting to get it done and have him suffering through the teasing but I have to get it done. My husband loves me just the way I am but is fully aware of how much my nose holds me back. I'm beyond ready for a change... I'm in school and looking forward to starting a new career with a new nose. I will be keeping you all posted on my journey.

Consultation is scheduled!!!

Consultation is scheduled for Monday Morning :) I didn't even call the office.... I schedualed via email. I'm so ready to go and talk things over and I'm bringing my usband with me for support :)

Consultation.. update

Ok..... I went for my appointment yesterday and the office was very nice and staff was lovely and not pushy at all. The Dr spent a lot of time evaluating my nose and talking to me about what he would be able to do. I did like the consultation and the images he did but they didn't show much with my difficult nose shape. The total price of the procedure is just shy of $9,400 total. It's a little higher than I thought it would be and I still have some saving to do before I can get things done. Consultation was $75.

Definately worth the investment girl, u cant cover your nose if you dont get the desired results. Did he say what techniques he would use?
Did you have your nose job yet?
No... still trying to find a Dr... I'm on the fence with this one
any updates? all the best
Nope.. still looking. I'm on the fence
I just had mine done yesterday by an African American plastic surgeon in Greensboro NC, Dr Truesdale. Cost around 4000 and with 35 years of experience plus experience in African American noses he was my choice..After a 17 year consultant with him, I finally went back to do it
How was it? 4000 is very affordable! can you let me know or send pics? :)
I know you're not talking to me, but can you send me the doctors information too. The price is right up my alley.
Have you done it yet
No, still looking.. on the fence
Happy New year wseety, where are you?
Hi!! I didn't get it done yet... still on the fence and looking for more doctors
You could always apply for care credit if it is something you want to get done right away and pay off the cost before you get hit with interest
Thanks! I'm still looking.. my husband is willing to pay if I'm100% happy with the Dr
Hey, doll - Did you pick your surgeon yet? Are you gonna go to Eric Joseph
Hey! Not sure yet.... I'm still looking. Price is way up there
Im with you on the new nose , new career comment. Im in school too , and I was telling my husband who's to say if this nose has held me back from getting a job . hmph. smh Sad to say but true. I think there a lot of good rhinoplasty surgeons or facial surgeons out here, despite always hearing the same names, of the ones who get marketing or media gratitude. There a lot of low key ones in the Tri state area who wont charge your life savings and do if not just as good or better job as these so called "Elite" doctors. The names I see on here the most, are Dr. Rizk, Dr. Joseph, Dr, Tobias, Dr. Guida, to name a few. but there are so many surgeons out here who are board certified. I think it comes down to your gut feeling.
Yes... I hope my nose isn't holding me back :(
I am soooo late..lol I see you went to the consult this Monday. Wow so you werent too impressed with the imaging on the shape of the nose ?? Did he show images of the front of the nose or just the side profile ? I went to a consult and only got side imaging which was fine because i dont like my profile but I ALSO dont like my front profile..lol and would have been happier to see where he could go with that. So, it was 50/50 feeling for me. I am very concerned about someone narrowing the width or my nostrils to bring the base of my nose in , feel its to wide at the bottom. So, do you think you will continue with him or maybe see some other surgeons, in the meantime ?
gonna see some other surgeons...
I scheduled a consult w dr. Joseph for a revision last oct. Too bad I cancelled bec I live in VA and would be inconvenient if I decide to have surgery with him. Are you going to choose him? I read a lot of good reviews about him.
not sure.. still looking
Good luck with your consultation with dr. Joseph. Please update us.
where did you find a doctor? What did they tell you about tip definition? I'm having my surgery in 2 weeks. I'm starting to get scared! really scared!
I'm scheduled for a consultation on Monday....... we will see :)