Liposuction to Abdomen and Flanks - West Orange, NJ

Hey everybody...well I finally have the money to...

Hey everybody...well I finally have the money to get the procedure that I have wanted for years now. My abdomen has always been an trouble area for me but the thing is, in high school it was never a problem!! I always had a little bit of a pooch in the lower abdominal area but it was never a concern to me until I hit college and made it onto a division 1 track and field team...then out of nowhere, appearance became a huge issue!! my teammates had muscles popping out of every part of their bodies without an ounce of fat and suddenly I became the big one on the team. it didn't matter how well I performed, it was always an issue that I didn't look the part and didn't look as good as everyone else in my uniform. to be an athlete, you have to look and feel like an athlete. that what my coaches always told me even though its not really true. being the only one on my team that was third in the nation and competed at the Olympic trials in 2012 just didn't seem to matter to my coaches because I looked too thick. it destroyed my confidence completely and then as a result I started to gain a ton of weight. I lost the motivation to be the best because it seemed as though nothing mattered unless I was thin, and that just isn't my body type. I am 5' 11 and my best competition weight is 160 but even at that weight I still don't look the part.

As of right now I have one more season left but I am the heaviest I've ever been (due to extreme depression and binge eating) and the least confident. as of now, I am 185 and need to loose 20-25 pounds before the season starts. but I want this procedure to help my confidence as I am aware it is not a weight loss method. I want to be able to wear a sports bra during practice and not die in the heat in my t-shirt. I want to be able to wear my uniform without hiking my spandex shorts all the way up to my bellybutton to hide the flab... I just want to be able to compete without being self conscious every second and having to adjusting my clothes to hide what my body truly looks like. I am hoping this surgery will help me feel more confident and give me the motivation to kick start a healthy diet so I can loose the extra 20 pounds I've gained.

Surgery is tomorrow so wish me luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oh..my..goodness DAY OF, POST OP

when I took off my compression garment to take a sneak peak at my sore and super swollen stomach my jaw dropped!! wow. its day one and there such a huge difference already. I cant wait for all this swelling to go down. I was so hard for me to put the garment back on because I just wanted to keep looking at my abdomen! I am so excited to see the finished result in a few months :) I will keep everyone posted!

ps. i'm pretty sore but I am getting around just fine! I even went grocery shopping right after the surgery :P I'm sure tomorrow will be a different story, as second and third day soreness is usually immobilizing. but boy oh boy was I woozy after I woke up from that anesthesia. wasn't the best feeling in the word, but it only took about 1.5 hours for that feeling to subside. now I just feel sleepy.

pps: the only thing I wish I had done was tell the surgeon I wanted more of a waist line. but its ok, my main concern was to lose the excessive and misplaced love handles and pooch.

Day 3!

Hey everyone :) so my swelling has reached its climax I think. At least I'm hoping it gas =P the soreness is basically still the same but sitting down and getting back up isn't as difficult as it was on day 1. Here's a couple pics of me in my garment. I'm too sore to take it off right now so I pulled it up as high as I could. You can clearly see there is alot more swelling now than there was on day 1. I put on the same clothes and same undies to compare the difference.

Swelling

Ok guys so my swelling has gone THROUGH THE ROOOOOF!!! I know it'll eventually go away but ugh it's feels so baaad lol. I'm wondering if it's because my incisions are closed... The fluids feel like their just locked inside and keep building up more and more. My only concern is how long it will take for the swelling to go down... I know alot of people see a huge improvement after the first month but will mine take even longer now since my swelling is drastically increasing?? Bleehh this kinda sucks. But on the bright side I could finally stop taking the pain meds (made me constipated and a little depressed) cause it doesn't hurt so bad anymore :)

A little better

Heyy! So today was a little better I think. I still have a large pocket of swelling on my lower abdomen and a little on my right flank but compared to how it looked a few days ago it has definitely gone down. Also in tight clothing it doesn't look so noticeable either so I'm glad for that! These pics were taken in the morning and I definitely swelled up alot more at night but it's still some progress I think!

Ps: I am probably going to get the majority of the remaining swelling drained some time next week. Because the doctor said it was a little weird that my flanks and upper ab swelling has gone down yet my lower abdomen swelling is so prominent. So hopefully that will help!! Also I finally got my hair done hehe :D

Progress!

Hey ladies! So I'm at about 2 1/2 weeks now and I'm seeing big differences DAILY. my lower abdomen swelling has significantly diminished! My upper abs seemed to have swelled up quite a bit for some reason in comparison to my last photots but it was the lower abs that was really bugging me out so I'm extremely excited! I'm looking a little like day 1 again!!

Drainage

Btw I didn't get drained by my doctor. My swelling went down before I even had the chance! :D

Evening

Looks even better as the day goes on! Weird! But I'm NOT complaining! :D

Looking better than day 1!!

Yep I'm totally stoked. I feel awesome!! And I started running on Monday and I don't swell up after either! I don't swell up until a few hours before bed but as soon as I wake up I'm awesome again!
Happiness :D

1 month! Here's some better front view pics :)

Hello again ladies!! Gunna keep this short cause there isn't much to say... except Yaaay! Things are going really smothely. Upper abs and flanks swelling and tenderness is steadily decreasing. Been running 3 miles a day with a days rest every 3 days and it's been doing wonders!! Gunna start high intensity interval training and weight lifting in beginning of august
West Orange Plastic Surgeon

ok so my overall rating is a 5 even though some other things are lower because the staff there was just insanely friendly and reassuring. my goodness, I have a fear of needles and one of the nurses let he hold her hand (quite tightly I might add) and rest my head on her!! They were just all so sweet and wonderful and seemed sincerely interested in my story. the bedside manner of the doctor was just ehh because he wasn't there!! I may have saw him for 5 second before the surgery before I blacked out and not at all after I woke up. so the time spent with me was very little. but maybe when I go back for my aftercare follow up visits this will change. also, I waited an hour in the waiting room before I got called in which made me OVERLY anxious. but the staff and doctor pulled so many strings for me and I will forever appreciate that. so they will get 5 stars period.

Do you have any before&after pics? Thanks
Beautiful silhouette! You look fantastic.
you look great!
Hehe thanks girl!
nice slim body you look great
Thankyou so much!
You look GREEAATTTTT! What the heck have you been doing?! What's the secret?? Lol
Hehe thanks girl!! And I dunno! I been running alooot and eating really healthy so maybe that's helping! Since I came home for the summer I lost 15 lbs too so maybe that's making my results look even better. Hopefully I can lose another 10 before I go back to school :D
Oh wow! That's awesome! I haven't started running yet! Im gonna give myself another week or so... I'm too scared cuz I'm still tender and sore.. What are you wearing now? Did u order new garment? I walked on a treadmill for 1 hr but that's abt it.. Did u feel any pain while running?
Yeah my surgery was quite a while after yours so I was good to go when I started running last week. There's zero pain while running. And I stopped wearing my garment after the third week. I know, I'm bad, but it wasn't doing anything anymore except just be uncomfortable so I ditched it lol.
And 1 hour on the treadmill!!?? That's just torture!!
Girl I was walking speed was 4.0 lol very slow! Lol
Wow so u haven't been wearing anything at all??? Even while u run? How does it feel? Girl I take my garment off for showers and if I leave it off for an extra 30 mins I feel weird! Like I can't even walk too fast without feeling crazy movements ugh!
It doesn't matter... And hour on a treadmill is just way too boring... 25 mins tops for me Haha. I rather run/walk outside lol. And I know exactly what ur talking about but by the fourth week those weird feelings for me were totally gone. And when I run I just pull my spandex up real high. How far along are you now exactly?
Well that's encouraging. I am exactly 3 weeks post today.. :) so hopefully next week I'll feel like that! It's crazy to me how flat you are without wearing anything at all though! That's impressive girl! I've been buying all these garments that DONT work.. Smh! That's amazing! Keep it up!
I wanna see some pics! U gotta do an update lol. And honestly the garments just made my swelling move into weird places. Like I would look so uneven and unnatural. After not wearing it I'm just smooth all over and even if I'm a little swollen it's no big deal cause it's at least evenly distributed.
You are looking amazing!  Congrats :)
Thanks so much!
you look marvelous, dahling!
thankyou girl! feeing great :)
I THINK you still have more to go when i was 6 months post op is when i saw my curves really kick in ! so just be patient eat well and enjoy your new bod
Hey thanks! Yeah I can tell there's still more to go cause there's quite a bit of tenderness, hard spots and numbness all around so I'm Def not healed yet.
the hard spots don't go away on their own if you don't massage it can stay even after your healed i had to get 25+ massages because at massage #15 i was still hard like concrete
Aww crap really?? My ps said they dissappear at 6 months. I can't really afford massages... I'm a college student lol. Maybe I'll just get one of those hand massagers off the Internet.
they say all kinds of things to calm you down and stuff but to be honest it doesn't go away on its own it just subdues bit and you will be able to see them. self massagers could would but in my experience it wouldn't do the same thing since they treat you with a machine that emits waves under the skin thus breaking down the fat and the applying pressure they hurst a lot but feel so much better after ... trust me this is my second time going threw lipo