loving my new flat belly!! - West Hollywood, CA

I am a 31 year old mother of 5. After five...

I am a 31 year old mother of 5. After five pregnancys and several years of breastfeeding my body is so worn out!! It needs a lift to say the least. I have decided to have a breast lift with implants and a tummy tuck. I had never been one to care about saggy breasts/skin but over the past year I have really become a fitness fanatic and started bodybuilding and would love to see all my hard work show through. I would also love one day to actually compete on stage.

Congrats on getting so fit and taking care of yourself! Do you have your supplies ready for recovery?

I'm looking forward to following your journey, so please do keep us posted...

Welcome! Once I'm healed up I can't wait to get back to my fitness routine. I had a mommy makeover about 10days ago. I'm still pretty beat up, but day by day it does seem a little better. Congrats to u and ur new journey to a new body!!!

First pre-op appt.

I had my firs pre-op appt. today. My surgery was moved up to October 3rd I am getting nervous. I have to get my blood work done today. I guess I just have a fear of them putting me to sleep and me not waking up. I don't mind the pain afterwards just don't like being put to sleep:( Starting to feel the guilt come on that I am being selfish and vain. I have the most wonderful husband in the world he keeps reassuring me everything will be ok. He rather me not have the surgery because he doesn't like seeing me in pain, but he knows how bad I want it so he is being so supportive.

Wow!!!! I can't believe how inexpensive PS's are in LA. Just went to a PS in San Francisco and the same procedure I got a quote for $26,500 . I may have to look into your Dr. please post pics when you get your makeover... Best of luck for a fast recovery. :-)
Ok i will definetly post pics when i have the surgery. I decided to reschedule for December when the hubby has more vacation time, since he will be taking care of me.
Wow, u should read my journal entries on here they r identical. I felt so scared. I barely slept 3hrs before mine. Day of surgery I cried like a baby in my car until I could finally just go in w my hubby. And then seriously, it was over before I even knew it started. Woke up, never got sick at all and was really alert. U will be fine. And as far as guilt, vainity..I felt the same but uknow...we need to love ourselves and take care of ourselves. Its just a brief moment that we go throught this process and then it's back to momma quality time and its a plus because u feel so beautiful.

before pics

I had to reschedule surgery for early December. Excitwd and nervous at least i have more time to prepare.

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

Rescheduled But not for full mommy makeover

I rescheduled surgery for November 1 but for a tummy tuck only. I changed my mind for a lot of different reasons but I am happy with my final decision. I am still nervous for the tummy tuck but pray that all will go well. I am excited but nervous only 2 weeks til surgery.

Thank you, i am home now. I havent seen the results yet. Maybe tomorrow when doctor checks me i will post a pic.
I hope it all went smoothly and you are doing okay :)

surgery update

I am home resting so far feeling good. All went really well thank the Lord.

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

I am a a 32 year old mother of 5. I wrote a review...

I am a a 32 year old mother of 5. I wrote a review a little while ago on the mommy makeover forum because I was going to do a mommy makeover but changed my mind and have decided to just do a full tt no lipo. It is scheduled for 11-1 and I am so nervous. I keep looking at my kids and feeling like I am being selfish. Then I look at my stomach in the mirror and it reminds me how bad I really want

How was the "going under" part? That is what scares me the most. I have been obsessing about a TT for years and think I may finally go through with it. Not 100% sure I can work up the nerve, but hearing what others are thinking and going through is very mind easing. Congrats on your new Tummy!!! I am sure it will be a life changer and confidence booster.
I was really afraid to go under too!! It was really not bad at all they took me in to the room i got up on the bed my anesthesiologist was wonderful she was very sweet i was so greatful for her she told me what she was going to do step by step. She started me with an iv, then she put some sedation in told me to take slow deep breaths then she put a mask on me and told me to breath calmly and then i woke up in recovery.Honestly i did a ton of praying and felt at ease after.

on the flat side!!!

With humbling thanks to God i am doing great!! I feel good i really thought the pain would be much worse but i have found it to be tolerable. I was prescribed vicodin but have been switching off to tylenol. Dr. bruno is amazing!! And his anesthesiologist was so wonderful to me i am so glad i found him here on real self. I have not got to take pics yet tomorrow i will post some, because i get to shower. My dr. Did call to check on me last night and said he removed about a lb of skin got rid of almost all the stretch marks and that he was very happy about how my belly button looks, so i am excited to see tomorrow :-)

Congratulations! Can't wait to follow your journey and see pics!! God Bless :) *gentlehug* Go easy and get lots of rest.
Thank you very much.

post op day 2

Feeling better each day. The pain had been manageable with vicodin or Tylenol. I weighed myself last night and I weighed 104.0 two lbs less than day of surgery, so that is good. I have been eating good soup, fruit juice and lots of water. My toilet seat riser had been a blessing!! Oh and I bought halls fruit breezers before surgery and those we're also very helpful because my throat was extremely soar from the anesthesia tube, they really helped to sooth my throat.

took a peak today

Really excited to see that everything looks good. So far I am very happy with the results. Feeling much better today pain has been very manageable.

pic without binder

Pic of my new belly!!

Sorry I guess the pic didn't come out the first time so here is another.

not as bad as i thought

So the pain was very minimal from the beginning. I know it was thanks to God. I only took vicodin and Tylenol and as of yesterday I have not needed any pain medicine at all. I am so glad I went through with the surgery. And so far I really love my results:)

You look amazing already at just 4 days post op!! Congrats!
Awesome. Looks like you got great results:)

drains come out later today!!

So I have an appt. To get my drains out which I am happy and not happy about. I think it's going to hurt when my right drain is pulled out because it hurts when I move it by accident. But I am happy because I can where whatever I want. Haven't taken pain meds since day 4 but thinking of taking some tomorrow before appt.

Wow amazing results can't wait my big day with dr Bruno ......
Dr. Bruno is amazing i am so glad i chose him his anesthesiologist is amazing as well!! I git my drains out yesterday i will post some pics so when is your big day?
Dec 20 TT and BBL :) How's your feeling today ? Did you drink the arnica forte ? Does it help?

Drains are out!!!

So the drains are out. even though i had very minimal pain with the surgery i was scared to death of having the drains taken out. First of all i had no clue how long those tubes
Were yuck!! It hurt just a little but mosyly it was just uncomfortable and gross it felt like they were 2 feet long as he pulled them out eww gross just the thought... Anyway glad to have those out. And ready for the next milestone :-)

Hi Hun how are you ? Feel much better ? Can't wait mine on dec 19 whewwwww....
Hi yes I am feeling so much better. But the itching is really a bigger pain to me than anything ugh it really sucks. But other than that Iam feeling great. How exciting congrats I can't say enough how happy I am that I got this surgery I feel like a brand new woman :-) we all deserve to feel good about ourselves. I can't wait to read more about your journey!!
You look fantastic! I am the same way as you in regards to being a fitness fanatic. But no matter what I did, I still had that saggy belly! I also felt like you did in regards to thinking I was being selfish (after looking at my kids) but we deserved this surgery :) Have you taken measurements at all? How is your swelling?

what drove me to have surgery

Just thought I would post a pick of what drive me to want a tummy tuck. I worked so hard in the gym to compete in a fitness competition believing that some how I could snap my skin back into shape with a clean diet and exercise but finally when the competition date came near and my stomach skin just hung there I knew I didn't want all my hard work to go to waste so I booked the surgery and I am so happy I am on the flat side now. Can't wait for what's to come!! Happy healing real self ladies.

Post more pics!!! I'm so impressed
Thank you!! I will post more pics today :-)
I'm 13 days post op. I want to do a fitness competition soon. I was working out before surgery and was in the best shape I have ever been in. Everything looks a little scary now but fingers crossed for a bikini!! Good luck to you!!

still healing

Well i am feeling better everyday. I still have a lot of swelling on lower abdomen, ut still feels pretty hard and numb hoping that is normal. I am really liking the results just impatient to see final results.

You look so good! Thanks for posting your journey, it has helped me to read what others have gone through. Plus, I LOVE seeing Dr. Bruno's good work.
Hi hun! How did it go at the doc today?
I didnt get to go we got snowed in :) i cant go now til next monday:( i have been feeling good still have numbness in lower abdomen. But was really looking forward to him telling me i can start working out again. How have you been feeling? Its crazy my tape is still on only parts have lifted up i can see little parts of scar so far it looks good just hoping it heals well with the tape

update

So its been over 3 months and I have been feeling great, back at gym and working hard. Here are some pics I am really I did this!!

You look great! I see that a lot of the swelling has gone away - very encouraging!!!
Thanks, yes a lot of the swelling has gone away but I do notice it more at night and after weight lifting I actually weigh two pounds heavier on those day from how swollen I get. But when I do only cardio I see much less swelling. I can't wait to hit the 6 month mark that's when everyone says the swelling is almost completely gone.
Beverly Hills Plastic Surgeon

I have had three consultations and have researched several doctors and I am happy to say that the wonderful ladies on realself have led me to Dr.Bruno. He is a wonderful dr. I was really impressed with his attitude, his attentiveness, it was as if he had all the time in the world for our consult he made sure to answer and explain any question I had for him. He listened to my concerns and asked what my goals were with the surgery and gave me the best options for what I wanted done he didn't try to sell me on more procedures like some of the others. His patients that were in the office the day I went in had nothing but amazing things to say about him and the procedures he performed on them. And looking at his work I was very impressed.