A Long Awaited Beginning - West Hartford, CT

I've always had crooked teeth growing up but I...

I've always had crooked teeth growing up but I never really paid much attention to it. I didn't feel like an issue to me during my teenage years. My mom gave me every opportunity to get braces, but I declined every time because I didn't want those unsightly things attached to my face for years, I thought it would kill my confidence. Fast forward to 2013, I'm 21, and in hindsight I would have immediately gotten those braces the first time they were offered to me so I wouldn't have to deal with this now. I didn't know how far a nice smile could take you.

I started looking at alternative options to traditional braces last year, and the two that immediately stood out were clear ceramic braces, and Invisalign. I practically wrote off Invisalign because I thought it would be too expensive, but after some research I found out they cost about the same as braces.
With that, I mustered up the courage to head to my dentist, whom I hadn't seen in years. They agreed that Invisalign would be a good option. However, before could even start my journey I had to take out ALL my wisdom teeth and go for some cleanings before and after the fact.
After about 3 months, in June, I set an appointment for an ortho and they saw me the next week. I got my impressions the next day! It was so much simpler than I anticipated.

I went to get my first trays today. The good news was that, excluding refinements, I will have 12 upper and 20 lower which is far fewer than a lot of cases here, but the bad news was that I saw that they were going to be giving me a whole bunch of attachments, with double on a front tooth... it ended up being pretty discrete though so I didn't mind.
So far I haven't felt any significant pain, but I do have to get accustomed to speaking with the trays in. I'm just glad that I've started, and every day is progress to a straight smile. This is an exciting time!
Rosenberg Orthodontics

Congrats on starting your treatment!! Your ortho did amuch better job of macthing the attachments to your tooth color than my dentist did. I've been bummed about those attachments for a long time. I think I am finally at a place I don't care anymore. :) I also have less uppers than lowers (19/28.) I am halfway through my uppers now. Yay! :) I look forward to reading your updates and seeing your progress!

This is an exciting time!! Its good that you are ok with the attachments. I know for some people that ends up being a major disappointment.

Now that you have had your tray in for a full day, how is it feeling?

It feels ok thank you. I'm a bit surprised by how tender my upper teeth have been. Maybe it's because I have more attachments on there.

Yeah, that could be. The first couple of weeks are always tough, so push through & it should get better! :)

A bit tender, but I was expecting that. My dentist had explained about the attachments, but I didn't realize how weird they would look. And I am concerned about how all that acid-etching and bonding will affect my teeth long term.