Tummy Tuck & Breast Aug...Can't Believe I'm Doing This! West Des Moines, IA Updated postop pics

Hi all...I am a 38 yr old wife and mom of two...

Hi all...I am a 38 yr old wife and mom of two girls 5 & 8. Been with my hubby for 20 yrs now:) I've wanted a tummy tuck since our first daughter was born and have said since then that for my 40th bday that that was going to be my gift to myself. Well, here it is 2 yrs earlier and I have the time and money so figured I would just get it over with! Since feb of this year I've lost 30 lbs...but of course no matter how many situps I do, I still have the loose skin and pooched out look to my stomach. And the boobs??? Holy shmoley...they have not faired well either!

I actually had a tt scheduled in may and canceled it because I agreed with the hubby that I should really give diet and excerise a chance before I went thru with that. I'm so glad I did! About 4 weeks ago, we went to 2 PS about 2 hrs south of us and we both really liked the 2nd one so decided to go with him. Well, here it is the day before my surgery...I can't believe it! I've read so many stories on here and they have been so helpful and informative on what to expect. I'm going to attempt to put before pics up here shortly once I figure out how:) Any words of encouragment, helpful tips or just sharing your story with me would be appreciated!

I've been trying to ad some new pics with no luck....

I've been trying to ad some new pics with no luck...anyone else having a problem uploading pics?

Hi there...I'm now 7 weeks postop and STILL can't...

Hi there...I'm now 7 weeks postop and STILL can't believe that I did this surgery! Posted some before & after pics at 4 weeks that the Dr had recently sent me. Will post some new pics soon. Feeling pretty good...back to working out and starting to walk/jog some. Rode my horse for the first time since surgery! That was great:) Still dealing with swelling by the end of the day if I've done alot but nothing a couple ice packs can't take care of. Breasts feel almost back to normal...only feel odd when I'm doing pushups or when I'm laying flat on my back. They are pretty much what I asked for...fuller and lifted...but I think at some point I may consider doing a crescent lift...but not sure as the lifts look painful!! They look a wee bit saggy still but he told me I would not get 20 yr old boobs so I wasn't expecting perfection! Ordered my first bikini EVER...can't wait for it to get here to try on:) I'm so happy that I went thru with my mommy makeover! Any gal out there considering this...don't let the fear of the surgery hold you back! If you have the desire, the time and the money to do this for yourself...just do it!! You will be so happy that you did. Happy healing to all:)
West Des Moines Plastic Surgeon

I found Dr. Robbins on-line and was impressed with his credentials. After our first meeting, we left feeling very informed and felt that he was open and honest about what I should expect. He is the only double board certified PS in the state, has the only certified PS nurse in the state and has a fully accredited operating room on-site.

Question...for those that have already had surgery...how long did it take before you could not "feel" the implants??? Or does that never go away? I'm still sleeping in our recliner because I tried sleeping in bed the night before and when I got up in the morning, I could feel the implants pushing to the outside of my boobs...I assume from sleeping on my sides.
WOW! You look wonderful!!! My surgery is in a few days... I love the size of your boobs... what cc's did you get?
Thank you mom3lovebugs...I had 425cc high profile silicone imlants in. Your surgery is coming up soon! Don't get yourself too worked up...I did but it went better than I expected. Recovery is slow...so be sure and have help. Next thurs I will be 4 weeks postop and I 'm still sore and have a hard time catching my breath at times. If I do too much I can really feel it. My dr had told us before surgery that he releases his patients at 4 weeks to start exercising...even said I could start jogging! He obviously has no idea...there is no way in hell that I could start jogging next week!!! Hope all goes well and that your recovery goes smoothly for you:)
Thank you!! I am debating between 400 or 425 cc's myself but it's so hard to decide! I'm happy that you are feeling better... if you start to exercise, take it easy! That is what I will miss the most in recovery... I work out a lot... it's my stress reliever. *sigh* it will be worth it though! I hope to join you with a flat tummy and full boobs shortly... save me a seat on the bus! lol
I was given the option of 400, 425 and 450 cc...I met him in the middle:) I really don't think the 25cc difference matters that much...if you like them bigger or need a "lift" as well, then I would do the 425...but it is such a personnal preferance. I didn't put too much thought into the BA because I honestly thought the TT would be worse...but I was wrong. I'm glad I didn't freak out too much at first because they looked HUGE! I kept reminding myself that it was due to selling and that they would get smaller. They look much better than in the beginning...still feel like the left is rounder and firmer and more sore than the right. Hope to someday not "feel"them in there so much:)
That's what I'm kinda thinking... 25 cc's is about 2 tablespoons I've read so not much of a difference. And since I'm getting under the muscle, you lose some projection because of it. I definitely would benefit from having 'lift' too. I bet that's a weird feeling to 'feel' them... I wonder how long until a person doesn't notice them anymore?
That's what I'm wondering at this point...I don't want to keep that feeling forever!
Feeling better each day:) This recovery seems like it takes forever girls so be patient! Finally slept in our bed last night...but when I woke up my boobs were really sore. It felt tlike the implants were pushing on the outside of them..I assumed from sleeping on my sides. I did take some hydrocodone and messaged them, which seemed to help. Tummy still feels tight and swells up later in the day, especially if I was up and about alot.I did go clothes shopping yesterday...tried on a few bras and ended up with a Vera Wang 34D! Was kinda surprised at that:) Actually enjoyed shopping for clothes for the first time in 9 years! 8 months ago when I started this journey, I weighed 155...through sticking with the Jillian Michaels dvd's, 20 min a day and just focusing on consuming less food...I got down to 125 before my surgery. So glad I did that! It has been a crazy journey but well worth it:)
Feel like I've finally turned the corner is this recovery process:) Still sore abit in my left breast but it has been improving. Tried vaccuming yesterday and that overdid it for my tt...just a little sore today. This has been more of an emotional roller coaster for me...still feel like this body is not really mine. I'm sure with time I will get used to it and hopefully enjoy it:) Feeling some sense of guilt because in the back of my mind, I feel like I "cheated" abit. Wondering how long it took some of you to feel "normal" in your new body??
Rarod-We're always harder on ourselves cuz we want to look perfect. Hang in there girl, you look amazing!
Thank you 42...
You look great!
Thank you kiwi...had a bad day emotionally yesterday. Have been doing too much but did nothing yesterday...getting so tired of feeling worhtless around here! This has been hard emotionally and physically...but reading these reviews, I new what too expect. Still not happy with my tata's and hoping that they even out abit more. TT looks good...but it's weird to look down and not see my old belly there. It's going to take some getting used too for sure and hope that I love my final results:)
Feeling ya on the emotional days. I'm constantly trying to perk myself up with positive thorts, or I come on here to see that others feel just as crappy, and it makes me feel a bit better.... Lol but its also reassuring to see ladies looking great and loving their results over time. Each of My boobs are doing different things too... (I am 3wpo) Guess we just have to trust in what evry1's saying that they will even up in time. But I tell ya I'm getting fed up with these 2 words, "Swelling, & patience".... Lol hope ya have a good day
16 days postop now...still sore in the boobs. Tt has been pretty easy for me. I think I may have a dogear on the right side but not going to stress on it yet. Right boob feels a little harder than the left..I don't think the left has dropped as much though. Hubby likes it all:) Having some up and down days...but so glad I did this. Anxious for the recovery to be over...trying to be patient. Hope you all are healing up well!
HI! I'm glad that you are doing good! Take it easy. If it's nice outside go out and get some sunshine and fresh air. It's what always helps me when I'm trying to kick myself out of a mood. You are a couple days ahead of me on recovery. You look great! Happy healing. ;-)
Thank you always running...family is actually camping this weekend but has cooled off quite abit here. I'm going to go and hang out for as long as I can...then home to my heating pad and meds:) Hope you are recovering well!
Hi all...13 days postop now and the "blues" have kicked in today. Was really doing well but then overdid it this past weekend. Resting again today...hoping to get some sleep as I've not had a good night sleep since. Trying to start helping around the house...hubby has been doing a great job...but I'm really anal about my house cleaning. Tried to take after pics to post but my camera has decided to die on me...time to get a new one. Looking at myself naked is kind of surreal to me still. My scar is not as low as I originally thought. Boobs are still sore...one nipple is pointing down but I realize I need to give it more time. I go back in about 2.5 weeks and hoping to see more improvement at that point. Send some positive thoughts my way today please...I could use it:)
Wow...can't believe that 12 days ago I had surgery! I think I'm still in shock:) Recovery has been way easier than I expected...thank god! TT scar is looking good...there is some puckering where the tubes were in on my sides but hoping that will change with time. Tata's are feeling better, not so sore. Love the right so far and hope the left settles the same. Nipple on left is still pointed a wee bit down but at my 1 week postop last week, doc said to not even look at them for a month...they will be changing daily..he's right they have, but I can't NOT look!:) So far, I am sooooo happy I did this...I can already feel that my self esteem has been given a boost:) I'm not so self consious and dare I say feel more confident?:) Hope everyone is healing well. I need to put up after pics soon!
9 days postop now and feeling better each day:) Overdid it today so resting in the recliner at the moment. Yesterday went for my one week postop and was 15 min late...only got to see the doc for 5 min. I did ask about the different shape in each breast and he said not to even look at them for another month as they will be changing daily. Had the drains taken out and didn't realize how nice that was going to be:) Hope everyone is healing well!
Glad you're doing well. Hope recovery continues to go smoothly!
Try not to fret too much...it was not nearly as bad as I had myself worked up for it to be. My hubby has been awesome so that is good that your hubby is supportive. Reading this site helped me prepare for what was to come..but everyone has ad ifferent recovery story so don't let the scarier ones worry you.
LOL, I will try... the MIND is a powerful thing! Rest up, I think it's time to catch up on some shows...but keep me (us) posted :)
Thanks Apelila...have you had your surgery yet?? Mine has surprisingly been pretty uneventful. I was full of anxiety and scared out of my mind as I had never had surgery before other than having my tubes tied in 07. I've been sleeping downstairs still in on the couch which has a recliner part on it. Back hurts like hell but heating pad has helped. Hoping to get the drain tubes out tomorrow and get a good response on my recovery so far from PS. I'm so glad I did this...still can't believe I went thru with it...but would do it again in a heartbeat!
Hi rarod... I haven't had mine yet, it's scheduled for Nov 13th!! I am hoping I recover as "uneventful" as yours. I'm freaking out about how'd I recover since I've NEVER had any surgery what so ever. But I also have a tubal planned for next week.

My hubby is so positive about my recovery, he thinks I'd ween off the recliner and sleep flat on my back in 4 days. HOW I WISH! I wish I could think like him, but we both know it AIN'T happening!

Well keep me posted or PM me if you are bored. I know I will need a lot of support from this site during PO. :)