34 Mom 3 Including Twins Finally Getting a TT, Lipo & BR 34G to a D - West Bloomfield, MI

I am 34 years old I have always been large chested...

I am 34 years old I have always been large chested. My first bra in the 3rd grade was a B cup. They finally topped out at a DD in my 20s. I liked having a large chest but not being able to wear certain clothes and the attention they often drew. During college my weight went up dramatically when I was 21 I was able to lose 100 pounds. Luckily I didn't suffer any real skin slack or problems and looked great as a size 4 with a small stomach pouch. When I got pregnant the first time my breast grew very large I didn't worry all the books said they would return to their normal size. They were wrong. My second pregnancy was with twins I nursed them both till 22 months and then sat and waited for them to go down. Well my twins are now 4 and half years old and my breasts haven't shrunk one bit.

Also with my pregnancies I gained a bit of weight. I went up to a size 16/18 a year in the gym didn't help much then I found crossfit my weight didn't change much but I gained an incredible amount of muscle and dropped down to a size 12. My legs and arms have gotten quite shapely but in clothes my giant stomach flap and breasts make me look sloppy. My shoulders and upper back are in pain every day some days making it almost impossible to lift my arms above my head or turn my neck while driving. Running is extremely hard with the weight of breasts crushing my lungs and making it hard to breath.

I'm tired of tucking my stomach into my pants and the constant pain in my back that keeps me medicated quite a bit and costs me a ton of money in chiropractors, massages and anything else that promises relief.

I am getting my H cup reduced to a D, a tummy tuck and lipo of my hips, thighs and under arm area. I have gone to one consult with Dr. Hainer in Rochester Hills. I'm waiting to hear on insurance approval and have 3 more consults scheduled.

I will add before pictures as soon as I get a bit braver. I was at 185 before the holidays and I'm at 200lbs now some of that is muscle but some is definitely not. I hope to get back down to 185 prior to surgery according to my current muscle mass 170lbs is my ideal weight. I'm 5'4"

Second consult

I went to my second consult this one with Dr. Kayser he didn't think I needed much removed form my breasts he estimated 150-300 gm per side while the first surgeon though 600gm should be good. I'm not sure whose right as they are massive at this point but I don't want to loose too much. This dr was very hung up on my weight and would like to see me lose 50 pounds! I left felling deflated, I know my scale weight is high at 200 pounds but I'm a size 12 and have a great deal of muscle. The lowest I've weighed in the last four years was when I was sick and away from the gym my weight went down to 178 but my waist expanded by two inches. After a month back in the gym my weight was back up to 187 and I had lost the inches of my waist. My waist is currently 36 inches I would like to lose 20 pounds prior to my surgery but 50 is never going to happen. I think Dr. Kayser does good work though so though I was a bit hurt to references to me being large over and over I am still considering him. In the end surgical skill is the number one qualifier for me. He doesn't take my insurance though but with his recommended removal weight I would make authorization anyway. I do think maybe I didn't do the best job of explaining what I wanted it's hard when everone's idea of cup size is different. But I want to go down from an H to a D so I would expect some decent weight to be removed. Oh well two more consults at the end of the month then the hard part picking someone. I had originally planed to have surgery in mid September but if I have to go without insurance I'm going to push that back to early January. I loaded picks so you guys can judge for yourselves if you think 50 pounds is a good weight for me to lose.

Insurance declined :(

So I got my letter insurance turned me down for the breast reduction. My husband and I discussed it and we decided that instead of a lengthy battle gathering documentation from my doctor and chiropractor and possibly them coming back demanding physical therapy we'll just go ahead and pay for it ourselves. I hate spending the money, but it will be nice to have full control over my surgery with no one else to answer for.

Consults done doctor picked suregery scheduled!

I know I haven't updated in a while truthfully after my consult with my third plastic surgeon I was a bit traumatized. I went to see Dr. Momoh at the U of M plastic surgery center. He was horrible. First the center has a policy of not showing you any doctors work. That made me a bit worried but I decided I should really go there for a consult as these doctors are professors, they're the ones training plastic surgeons how to do things right so they have to be the best right?, wrong.

Before you go in they send you a video to watch about the procedure it is very clinical which is fine, but it's almost fear mongering I must have heard the statement you can loose your nipple 20 times during the course of this short video. And the after picture shown in the video is a horrible job after looking at hundreds of breast reduction pictures you can easily spot a bad one. If I were picking a picture to go in a potential patient video I would put my best foot forward. Going in for the appointment it was a very different office than the other doctors. Very much like going in to talk about regular surgery, no luxury gowns or pretty rooms here. That's all fine by me as those things are nice but what I need is a good surgeon not pretty offices. First I speak with DR. Momoh's resident about my concerns and he gives his opinions and asks me questions. They put me in a tiny room so the Dr. can't really stand back and view my tummy and how it is in proportion to my body size and shape there's only about 2 feet of space between me and him when I stand.

I choose Dr. Momoh due to his bio listing extensive training and experience with breast reductions and reconstructions. The first two doctors I went to had very different opinions on how much should be removed to get me to my requested size of D/DD and very different techniques they would use. I have done extensive research on both the incision methods and the methods of creating the breast shape once the doctor is working with the tissue. When Dr. Momoh cam in had an air of arrogance about him. No problem most surgeons do. Though I was annoyed when he asked where my husband was, these are my breasts last I checked. He went right into they would be doing an anchor incision on me and what my scar would look like and of course that I could lose my nipple. I asked how they make the breast shape, were they relying on the re-suturing of the skin or did they use other techniques such as internal stitching to the muscle. He looked insulted to be asked by a non doctor what he would be doing during the surgery and again explained what my scar would look like. I tried to rephrase my question and said "for example in a spair breast reduction they.." He cut me off right there with a curt I do not do spair breast reductions. I was taken aback to be so rudely interrupted. I told him I was not asking him to perform one I was simply trying to understand what internal work they do to reform the breast and I was using the rotation of tissue that is done in a spair breast reduction as an example of an internal technique. In my mind I was baffled, this Dr is supposed to be an expert in breast and he uses only one method for all his patients?! At this point I knew this was not my doctor he would give me nothing more on the work done with the breast tissue than sometimes we put in some internal stitches and if your worried about bottoming out we can take the tissue from the top of the breast.

We then went on to the humiliating tummy tuck exam I stood naked on the little step of the examination table in this room the size of a broom closet completely naked with two male plastic surgeons looking at me. He asked me what my goal was with the tummy tuck. I told him it was to get rid of the loose flap of skin that exist after my twin pregnancy. It is unsightly and has at time jumped out of my pants during workouts. He told me that was good cause it wouldn't make me thin. He said at my BMI I should be looking to loose weight. I told him I am watching my diet and have been hardcore crossftting, weight lifting and fight training for two years often on extremely low calories. I'm a size 12 and at 34 years of age I have come to accept my body while still working hard torwad my weight lifting goals. This is who I am, though I do hope to loose 20 pounds. He asked what I was at my lowest weight. I told him when I was 22 (when I ran an hour almost daily and lived on very little food, and never lifted a weight) I was a size 4 and I weighed 135lbs. He actually scoffed and told me loosing 20 pounds wouldn't get me back to a size 4. I told him I had no plans to be a size 4 again, remember how I just told you I have accepted my size 12 body and just want to work on the problem areas that I can't change. Not to mention I now carry way too much muscle to get into a size 4. He gave me the scar details of the tummy tuck his description had the scar way high and visible but, at this point I know this guy isn't going to be my doc so I just let him finish. Then he says and we may stitch your abdominal wall muscles together. MAY?! That's a major part of the tummy tuck procedure. Even on this site you can see doctor's advising people to not skip the muscle repair because the tummy tuck would look unfinished. I had twins shortly after having a single baby and I'm short waisted. If anyone needs muscle repair it's me. I again don't say anything.

Then it comes time to talk about the lipo. The main area I want is my hips. Years of hard weight lifting work have given me a very nice butt. It's muscular and the side has a hollow that follows the muscle like you see in body building shows then it comes to my hip and hits this fat patch that just will not go. It's not massive I can hold it in my hand and I want it gone, it ruins my proportions. All my working out just makes the underlying muscle bigger and makes it look like more fat. The two previous surgeons upon inspecting the area they saw what I was talking about and had no issues removing it. Dr. Momoh who is at this point leaning on the counter with a smug look on his face says I don't think you are a good candidate for lipo suction. He does not inspect the area from the side or feel the muscle to see how much fat is there. I ask him why would I not be a good candidate? Does he think I'd have dimpling, are there health concerns, Is the fat pocket not big enough (a previous Doc advised me against lipo on my thighs because there was not enough fat and removal of what was there would cause an undesirable aesthetic, If that was the case here I wanted to know). Dr. Momomoh's response, “I don't think you'll have a good result” I asked why he repeated the same line. I asked “Do you think there is too much fat there to lipo that area?” He returned the same line. No matter what question I asked I got I don't think you'll have a good result, very frustrating as I had already had two experienced plastic surgeons examine the area and tell me it was a good spot for lipo. This whole time he is there leaning back on the counter with a smug superior look on his face as if I were a 300# woman who came in and asked him to have me ready for the cover of sports illustrated. I asked him what he thought my body fat % was. He told me he had no way of know such a thing. I shook his hand told him he wouldn't be my doctor. The doctors left I got dressed and checked out.

I went to three doctors not looking for one that would tell me what I wanted to hear, or the cheapest, or the one with the best bedside manner. I wanted multiple medical opinions on how best to perform my surgeries and how much tissue should be removed from my breasts. Dr Momomoh is the most unprofessional doctor I've ever met. I have worked in a hospital and met many surgeons over the years I am not unused to coky, over confident and dismissive attitudes. Not only does he have poor bedside manner he wouldn't explain his plans for surgery beyond what my scars would look like. As if that's all I should worry my pretty little head about. Also for a doctor to try and make me feel shameful of my body which while heavy on the scale is of average size and more than average muscle mass after I had said I accept my body and it's flaws and just look to make a few tweaks. He is an embarrassment to his profession and I do hope the students that work under him realize that.

The doctor I picked

In the end I went with doctor Kayser. His before and after pictures are great. He is well rated by his former patients I could find very few complaints. Hi staff is very nice. He doesn't have the best bedside manner but that's ok, I don't need someone to chat with I need someone to perform this surgery well. He did answer all my questions and thoroughly explained how he would perform each procedure. I am getting a breast reduction, a tummy tuck, lipo of the hips, under arm area and a tiny bit from the top of the outer thigh to help with shape. School just started and then there are the holiday's so I'm scheduled for Jan 7th. With hospital it is about 18,600. He is requiring that I remain in the hospital overnight and the surgery should take 7 hours.

3 months to go

Just realized I'm only 3 months out. I have to make sure I'm really good over the holidays I want to in my best shape before the surgery. I started shopping for compression garments there are so many options. Having lipo on my thighs and arms plus work on my breasts and tummy tuck I'm going to look like a mummy for 4 weeks.

Met with doc again

I met with my surgeon again today. He answered all of the questions and now I'm very confident in my doctor choice and looking forward to my surgery. Only two and a half months to go.

6 weeks to go

So I broke my fingers getting my orange belt in krav maga. So much for my plan to work out right up until surgery. I'm uploading my before pictures it's hard putting what I think of as the worst parts of myself out in the world, but the pictures put up by others have helped me so much I have to pay it forward.

Less than a week to go!

Less than a week I knew time would fly over the holidays. I'm nervous cause I want to be in my best shape pre surgery. I was pretty good over the holidays but I did gain 5 pounds of water weight and now my period just started that bloating just wants to stay. I'm droping all things known to make me bloat or upset my stomach so no gluten, dairy, nuts, or tomato based sauces. I'm drinking green shakes everyday and I'm drinking a blend of water, mint, cucumber and either lemon or watermelon to encourage that water weight to drop. So far it's going well my waist is still up two inches but it normally takes about 5-7 days to lose the bloat after a cheat so my last cheat was Saturday after Christmas so things are running on schedule. I just want to look good for my marking on Monday.

Last pre op workout

Hit the gym hard today for my last workout. I did one rep maxes on my squat, push press and bench my max squat went up 25lbs! Happy day. So now I just rest and wait. I go in Monday to get marked for my Wednesday surgery it will be weird seeing the marks for a day and a half like I need another reminder of what's to come. I have to report to the hospital at 5am Wednesday morning so I have to be out of my house at 4am ugh so early but better to be the first surgey of the day :)

Yay holiday bloat down

Thank goodness my waist is back down to 36". I knew it was bloat, but there's always that little part of my mind what if I did gain weight omg. I plan to put full messurements up soon it's always hard to compare yourself to someone's pictures especially for my since my muscle makes my scale number so heavy.

Some messurements

Waist 36"
Under bust 35"

I'll do hips and thighs later two days pre op!

Final messurements

45" hips
27" thighs

I got marked today at the docs they will fade but he said don't worry he will go over them again a lot rubbed off on my clothes but he's done this a lot right so I have to trust him. One more day, it's amazing to see what's going to be gone.

So much pain

There were some difficulties at the hospital I'll detail that later. Right now I'm home it hurts my stomach is full of acid so eating and drinking is hard. I am able to get up and about. I did take a shower having my compression garment off feels awful. Massaging my tummy feels good. Slept in my recliner.

The one thing I wish I had gotten

An extra surgical bra my one from surgery has blood seeped through I can't bear to be without it for more than a minute I'm not up for a run to a store and I'm so swollen and with drains measuring for size has been difficult. My breasts size looks good though they are still in proportion to my body so seeing them in the mirror hasn't been a shock. My tummy is flat but so swollen it's 4" up in size but will look great when swelling goes down. I'm alittleworried about my lipo some places I can definitely feel then some others I can't my doc had a flight to catch so I hope he didn't Rush to make his flight. I was able to eat some eggs will try some milk of magnesia today and release some pressure. Staying on top of my meds still on two pills every four hours need to get down to one or I'll run out before my Monday follow up.

One good thing

Unless I've been laying down for an extended period of time or my pain meds are due I don't feel the need to hunch over when I walk. Part of me worried I'm not pulled tight enough but I can definitely feel the mr. The doc covering for my doc gave me Valium which has greatly reduced muscle pain.

Finally some messurements

Still swollen 36" under bust 47 bust line not too big not too small.

Day 3

Feeling much more human today. I'm Still needing pain meds but not as urgently as before. I have lot more energy and was finally able to poop. My husband says I'm more swollen than I have been since the surgery though I saw myself as super swollen from day one.

Compression garment hell

The ones from my doctor are horrible scratchy and the inner thighs are causing horrible friction burns. I ordered a couple fajas but I'm still in that horrible fresh surgery swelling mode. Despite being chopped up my waist is up 5" to 41" and none of the other garments I have brought have come close to fitting. So ready for swelling to be gone not looking forward to swelling on an off for the next year. I have been able to eat today a few eggs, some protein shakes and a green shake.

post op

I had my first post op today. The doctor is very pleased with how everything looks. The surgery only took six hours not the seven originally planned. He said my breasts and tummy just came together perfectly so it was quicker. Since he had extra time he lipoed all of my back instead of just the top party and of course my hips as planned. So here are the numbers. He took five pounds off my tummy, 300gm off my left breast, 330gm off my right, and four pounds off in lipo suction. All together over ten pounds gone. Of course with swelling I still weigh the same but that will go down with time.

Day 6 post op

finally more of that swelling is coming down. The garment from my doc is too big but I have been through 3 different sizes of d prada fajas yet and haven't fit in one yet. I just returned 2 yesterday only to find my swelling down another inch or 2 this morning wishing I hadn't been so quick to send them back cause it might fit in a couple days. My waist is at 39" so 3 inches bigger than at surgery and my hips are 1" bigger at 46". I have to get something around my tummy cause the too large garment is creating ridges and ripples. I may just get some lipo foam to stuff in this thing but I Really want to find a faja that will fit but I'm still in that super high swelling phase for another 3 days. I took a big. I still look huge so swollen, but you can see how low my incision is. My boobs are still big and swollen but they are a pound and a half lighter than where I started and my back feels great. I did get a surgical bra I still need another as my doctor prefers one with defined separate cups and the one I got is comfy but it's high compression and I'd like to rotate it with a medium compression one for comfort. I would have taken it off for the pic, but the my breast get shooting pains when not supported.

Finally a fitting faja

I reordered a size 3x faja d prada and it took over thirty minutes, but I am finally in a comfortable a faja. No more stabbing pain in my side or zippers sticking into the bottom of my breasts. So happy, I'll get pics up later.

Day 7 & 8

Yesterday evening the itching began. Mostly my breasts along the incisions itch like crazy, it even woke me in the night. My doctor uses dissolvable stitches with glue to close incisions which is really great. I've had no bleeding or stitch pulling that I've felt in the past with the traditional stitches with paper tape, but scabs and dried platelets still develop on the incisions cussing this thick crust on the inscision. My nipples are super sensitive to the touch and my whole breast especially the nipple is itching like crazy. Of course in the night my lipo spots decided to also begin itching. I'm going nuts.

PO day 9

Had a wonderful 30 min shower last night. It washed away a lot of the crusties on my breasts and helped relive itching all over. Still itching a bit seems I have a small rash on my arms and legs. interesting placing as those area weren't worked on and aren't touched by my garments. I'm still swollen my feet are so big I hope the swelling goes down before I have to return to the office, cause most of my shoes probably wont fit. My breasts tolerated being un-supported today so I took some pics. My body looks like it will be wonderful the swelling at the lipo sites is bad. My husband says it feels like I'm smuggling softballs under my skin. But it shows me hoe much will be gone once the swelling is gone. I'm losing about an inch of swell on my waist everyday so I hope that good momentum continues. My husband loves my new breasts I walk around the house being oggled by my own husband everyday :) The faja is D Prada fajas model 11066, the bra is marina post surgical bra with the 2" bottom.
Detroit Plastic Surgeon