34 Mom 3 Including Twins Finally Getting a TT, Lipo & BR 36G to a D - West Bloomfield, MI

I am 34 years old I have always been large chested...

I am 34 years old I have always been large chested. My first bra in the 3rd grade was a B cup. They finally topped out at a DD in my 20s. I liked having a large chest but not being able to wear certain clothes and the attention they often drew. During college my weight went up dramatically when I was 21 I was able to lose 100 pounds. Luckily I didn't suffer any real skin slack or problems and looked great as a size 4 with a small stomach pouch. When I got pregnant the first time my breast grew very large I didn't worry all the books said they would return to their normal size. They were wrong. My second pregnancy was with twins I nursed them both till 22 months and then sat and waited for them to go down. Well my twins are now 4 and half years old and my breasts haven't shrunk one bit.

Also with my pregnancies I gained a bit of weight. I went up to a size 16/18 a year in the gym didn't help much then I found crossfit my weight didn't change much but I gained an incredible amount of muscle and dropped down to a size 12. My legs and arms have gotten quite shapely but in clothes my giant stomach flap and breasts make me look sloppy. My shoulders and upper back are in pain every day some days making it almost impossible to lift my arms above my head or turn my neck while driving. Running is extremely hard with the weight of breasts crushing my lungs and making it hard to breath.

I'm tired of tucking my stomach into my pants and the constant pain in my back that keeps me medicated quite a bit and costs me a ton of money in chiropractors, massages and anything else that promises relief.

I am getting my H cup reduced to a D, a tummy tuck and lipo of my hips, thighs and under arm area. I have gone to one consult with Dr. Hainer in Rochester Hills. I'm waiting to hear on insurance approval and have 3 more consults scheduled.

I will add before pictures as soon as I get a bit braver. I was at 185 before the holidays and I'm at 200lbs now some of that is muscle but some is definitely not. I hope to get back down to 185 prior to surgery according to my current muscle mass 170lbs is my ideal weight. I'm 5'4"

Second consult

I went to my second consult this one with Dr. Kayser he didn't think I needed much removed form my breasts he estimated 150-300 gm per side while the first surgeon though 600gm should be good. I'm not sure whose right as they are massive at this point but I don't want to loose too much. This dr was very hung up on my weight and would like to see me lose 50 pounds! I left felling deflated, I know my scale weight is high at 200 pounds but I'm a size 12 and have a great deal of muscle. The lowest I've weighed in the last four years was when I was sick and away from the gym my weight went down to 178 but my waist expanded by two inches. After a month back in the gym my weight was back up to 187 and I had lost the inches of my waist. My waist is currently 36 inches I would like to lose 20 pounds prior to my surgery but 50 is never going to happen. I think Dr. Kayser does good work though so though I was a bit hurt to references to me being large over and over I am still considering him. In the end surgical skill is the number one qualifier for me. He doesn't take my insurance though but with his recommended removal weight I would make authorization anyway. I do think maybe I didn't do the best job of explaining what I wanted it's hard when everone's idea of cup size is different. But I want to go down from an H to a D so I would expect some decent weight to be removed. Oh well two more consults at the end of the month then the hard part picking someone. I had originally planed to have surgery in mid September but if I have to go without insurance I'm going to push that back to early January. I loaded picks so you guys can judge for yourselves if you think 50 pounds is a good weight for me to lose.

Insurance declined :(

So I got my letter insurance turned me down for the breast reduction. My husband and I discussed it and we decided that instead of a lengthy battle gathering documentation from my doctor and chiropractor and possibly them coming back demanding physical therapy we'll just go ahead and pay for it ourselves. I hate spending the money, but it will be nice to have full control over my surgery with no one else to answer for.

Hello! I am in MI also. I live north of flint but just had my MM done by Dr. Ellen Ozolins out of Star Plastic surgery in Novi. My surgery was at DMC Huron Valley. She is AMAZING. I loved her. I am now 13 days post op and loving my results! Good luck with your journey! =)
I don't even see Star Plastic Surgery listed in the database here. Is she board certified with Plastic Surgery?
Dr. Ozolins was actually recommended to me by my doctor. But, she is not certified by the board of plastic surgery and I couldn't find pictures of her work online. Star plastic surgery did not seem like some place I wanted to go their website is big on selling you with deals like buy one get one procedure free and they have a number of doctors depending on which of their websites you end up on but all the sites have the same before and after pictures. They have a huge thing about how you should have a board certified plastic surgeon but more than half of their doctors weren't certified.
I did want to mention my husband had a growth on his pec and Dr. Ozolins did his surgery he loved her and you can not even tell he had a mass removed from his breast area. She mostly does cancer reconstruction so she probably doesn't see value in certification.
Hi! Yes she is a great Dr. Are you positive she is not a board certified plastic surgeon? I was told many times by the consultants at Star and by Dr. Ozolins that she was board certified in plastics.... I guess whether she is or isn't doesn't really matter now because I have already had my surgery, and I am beyond happy with my results. I loved her, and should I ever need any cosmetic surgery in the future she would definitely be my first choice. (I have my before and after pics on my review if you would like to see some of her work) However I guess I would just feel mislead due to the fact that they had repeatedly told me that she was... Yes the buy one get one did seem a little tacky to me too. But after my first consult with Dr. O i just loved her so much I didn't want to go with anyone else. I really liked her personality and felt super confident with her. I also liked that she was a woman Dr., and I was thrilled because most plastic surgeons I had found in MI were men. I am glad your husband had a great experience with her too.. =)
It's possible Ozolins is her married name and she was certified under her maiden name but the board of plastic surgery does not have her listed as certified. https://www.abplsurg.org/ModDefault.aspx?section=SurgeonSearch I'm so glad your surgery went well you look great!
That concerns me about Star Plastic as well. I always see them advertise "deals" on tv. I love a good deal, but don't want to sacrifice my safety or the results.
You go girl! I'm also in MI and nursing my 16 month old twins. I've been lurking on these boards and particularly interested in MI mommy makeovers. As soon as I'm done nursing, I'm interested in getting a mommy makeover. I'm getting a bit overwhelmed deciding on which plastic surgeon to go with. I figured I'd stick with the closest available board certified doctors, so my twins can visit me in the hospital and get 3 different quotes after I've been done breastfeeding for 3 months. How did you decide on a surgeon? BTW - I have the opposite problem with my breasts and look forward to having nice full ones after my mommy makeover.
Congrats to another mother nursing twins. Picking surgeons even to go consult with is very hard. I used the list here and one provided by my insurance. I eliminated anyone who wasn't certified by the board of plastic surgery then it was all about the pictures and reviews. Some doctors had horrible pictures. Some had ok pictures but had multiple horrible ratings on ratemds good luck in your search.
Thanks! I'll check out ratemds. You don't look like you need to lose 50#! Let's see what your other consults tell you. I wish you the absolute best and will be following you : )
I'm so glad you started your story here with us! I hope everything gets approved and you are able to do this for yourself. You are smart to go on several consultations. Please keep us posted!
Good luck on ur journey!