It's Done!

Hello all! Reading everyone's stories is helping...

Hello all! Reading everyone's stories is helping me a lot to prepare emotionally and physically. So I think its only fair to share my own experience. Plus, I don't have much support from my family and do need to share. My husband still thinks I'm not serious and can flip on me any moment. He is a physician and thinks its the "dumbest idea". Just in case he decides not to drive me, I have a plan B - his mother:). Mine is not onboard either, but will help me second day. In a weird way lacking his support is helping me keep my mind off surgery and not obsess over it. Plus, I'm spending excess nervous energy in hiding preparations from him... I feel like a teenager sneaking behind her parents' backs.
I pray for an easy and fast recovery, so i don't have to deal with "i told you so" looks...
Having BA hasn't always interested me, even though it was a topic of many discussions since I was in late teens. But it was more like a discussion of girls with curly hair wishing their hair were straight. I was born and raised in Eastern Europe where it is a norm to be tall, slim and flat. So I've never felt inadequate. Plus, I've always enjoyed attention from boys and felt proportionate at 115 lbs. I am not sure at what point my interest in BA turned into an actual want, but it did. And in the past two years not only I haven't changed my mind, but started to have nightmares where I wake up looking for my breasts and getting scared not finding any:) Hence, this journey. I do need to add that in the past few years I started to exercise more with more weights (I'm up to 5 lbs, lol) and my arms and shoulders became a little bigger. I'm still 32 B bra, which is deceiving, since I am closer to AA than A, but cups in those are too close together. Lately my massive VS bras started to irritate to the point where I would wear them OVER a tank top (w/o them I'm too flat) my biggest satisfaction will be to purge "Miraculousness" out if my draws! I've always worn large bras, so unless I'm wearing a bikini, most will not notice the change.
My surgery is May 21.

My stats: 5'7", 120 lbs. 30-25-33. 37 mother of 2, breastfed both, but my chest size didn't change even during that, not a lot of skin to work with. Have my pre-op May 15. I'm starting with small A-cup and my goal is to fill C-D bra cup (breast size B-C) I haven't had my official "fitting", but the PS brings 6 different sizes into the OR to see what looks most natural. So far he recommended mod+, under muscle, periariolar incision and said that will bring in sizes starting at 275... I want to look natural, but don't want to go through this and wish I've gone bigger.

So far, I've seen girls that have a similar starting point as me end up looking amazing with 250's and with 400's, so I will have to trust my PS to make the right decision OR (Scary). I'm just worried that I didn't communicate my expectations clearly, or he heard a different story. I think I'm more scared to end up bigger, than smaller.

I work part time behind computer and not worried to go back to work, am concerned about the drive to/from which is 40 minutes each way. Just in case, I'm planning to take 12 days off.

My biggest concern right now is how to tell my two middle-school-aged-boys who express interest in breasts... So far I'm leaning toward not telling anything until the day of the surgery (no point of worrying them), and just tell them that I'm getting a "female problem taken care of"... Anyone has recommendations for me?

Had my pre-op, husband on board (yay!) they...

Had my pre-op, husband on board (yay!) they exchanged medical lingo with my PS and I think he got relieved after having his questions answered and reassured.
I think I've overdone a little the desire to look "natural", since my PS said that he will start with 225cc. He brings 6 sizes in 25cc increments into the OR and fits you there. I think I'll call tomorrow and request him to start at 275.
Got painkiller prescription for Perkoset, had a Vicodin one filled already. Since I've never taken these, my PS suggested I have both on hand to see which one works better. Also, he suggested to take a half of a pill to start.
Told me to make arrangements to not lift anything heavier than 5 lbs! For two weeks. (1/2 gal of milk is 4!) This will be challenging.
That's all for now, countdown is on

2 days away, doubting my size choice

Just 2 days to go and seriously considering to up my CC's. the initial desire to look completely natural, big B - small C, is overshadowed by fear to regret not going bigger, I'm thinking mid to big C (I'm 32 in bras) Also, eventually everyone finds out anyway...
I swear my breasts increased in size in the past week and hurt all the time! (Not that time of the month:) anyone else experienced that?

I've got boobies!

Hello ladies! I'm on the other side! I ended up with 325 and 350 cc and my PS had to lower one fold by 4mm. The surgery day went well, i did managed to pass out when they were attaching the IV to my hand... didn't open my surgical bra yet - too scared to look. Taking my pain medicine regularly and feeling sleepy, but the pain is not bad. The chest feels tender like during period. When medicine wears out, the first place I feel discomfort is at incisions. My sternum feels weird to a touch, like its bruised up. I have full sensitivity. I have no difficulty breathing.
I need help walking, especially to the bathroom, and eating.

Next day

Had my 24 hour appointment with PS, he said that I'm healing nicely, finally looked at my chest and not sure how I feel about it.
My chest, sternum and sides are VERY swollen. I've retained over 8 lbs of fluid so far... Today I'm moving around more, but need help dressing and undressing. I'm not nearly as sleepy as I was yesterday. Am taking painkillers by schedule and not by need. When painkillers wear out, I start feeling pain at the incision sites and on the lower part of breasts. Icepacks are great. I'm sticking to low sodium diet and try to eat very little, since I'm not moving. I do drink a lot of water and still have cotton mouth... I heard that's side effect from narcotics. But I'm still afraid to switch to the over the counter painkillers. Had a very bad headache earlier AM, drinking coffee helped a lot. (One ?f the girls on this site recommended it)
Even though I am prone to getting noxious, I didn't throw up once - scopolamine patch is magical.
This is it so far

3 Days Post-Op

I'm feeling much better today, don't need painkillers anymore:) today I showered and gave myself a manicure. The swelling is still huge (look where bra digs into my skin) and my sternum. Plus, I'm black and blue under arms, back and sternum. When showering had to support chest, I felt as it would fall off and felt that the weight was pulling on my stitches. My nipples are supper sensitive and contract randomly, so I get little blood sipping through tape. I still didn't loose the 8 lbs of water weight gained during surgery, but am down 6. When I push on my upper chest, I hear weird squishing sound, was told that its normal.
Girls are riding high and very hard.
Everyday I feel significantly better, can't wait for the swelling to go down and to D&F

Two Weeks

Feeling great! Back to most of my daily activities san workout. Still wearing surgical bra 24/7, two more weeks for that, now can lift up to 10 lbs! Lol:) Do get tired easily, so spend a lot of time lounging and watching TV, especially after work. Lost a lot of muscle, even with implants I weigh 3 lbs less than my lowest weight pre-op, but gained a pant size. Do try to eat little, since my activity level is nonexistent. I did stop hard-core work outs two weeks prior to surgery to relax muscles, so at this point I haven't worked out in a month... And not planning to do anything high intensity for one more. Hope to get cleared to do low impact in two weeks. As much as I miss my muscle definition, I'm not going to risk messing with new additions. On a big scheme of things few weeks is nothing. Do wish I've considered this when scheduling my procedure though.
In the last two weeks I've gone through so many emotions! I didn't realize how huge I was the first week, I actually had a uniboob that could've served as a tray, till the swelling went down and I've deflated significantly - was so upset that didn't insist on smaller size. I still have a little bit of brushing and swelling, but overall I'm loving the results I've deflated substantially. In my surgical bra, size wise, I'm very close to what I looked like in VS Miraculous (the fit is different, of course), but in work clothes impossible to tell. But without a bra, girls look... va va woom! I measure 32D and that's exactly what I wanted, I may even end up with 32C and it will be fine by me. One more thing, I've never lost sensitivity in any parts of my breasts, but became hypersensitive.
I still have ways to go, but so far so good
Fast healing everyone!
Bloomfield Hills Plastic Surgeon

So far I'm very pleased with Dr. Sherbert. I did have to wait for a while in the waiting room, but when he came in I didn't feel rushed at all. He answered all my questions even the ones I've asked twice. He spent half an hour in the room for repeat consult (I had one two years prior) AFTER I've had my date scheduled.