Totally Worth It - Wellesley, MA

I had non surgical rhinoplasty to improve the...

I had non surgical rhinoplasty to improve the rhinoplasty I had in March of this year. The right side of my nose was getting more indented as my nose was healing while my left side was straight and perfect. I noticed this happening more and more over the last few months making my nose look asymmetrical. I was mostly happy with my original rhinoplasty but the volume loss on my right side was making me self conscious and depressed.

I found a doctor who performed many non surgical procedures with fillers. She filled the right side with restylane and it made a world of difference. My confidence is back and I don't spend hours looking in the mirror or contouring my nose with makeup. Since it takes a full year for my nose to set she made the discussion to use a non permanent filler.

I was back to work within an hr of the procedure and had very little swelling and NO bruising. I have thin skin and bruise easiely. I am so happy with the results and waited a few days to decide to share my story. In march/April or as this filler wears off I plan to use permanent filler with this same doctor.

Wellesley Facial Plastic Surgeon

I scored after care a 3 for now because I haven't had my follow up yet. There was some filler left so I plan to see her in a few weeks to see if I need the rest.

2 years for non permanent? No way.. mine last 2 months, maybe. I have had to have 3 visits for permanent filler because they are doing it so slowly to ensure it's done properly. Not good for the wallet, but worth it.
I had my Rhino in March and I have my first fillers in November. I just had my second treatment of silikon, and already see a huge improvement. You don't see the results until a month out, but I am happy with the results so far. I think I might need one more treatment (although she didn't think so - so she isn't trying to SELL you)... but I will wait and see in a month or so. For the cost ($800.00) it's def worth it rather than revision surgery.
How long after your surgical rhino did you get fillers? I'm considering this also.
The doctor they linked this to is NOT the doctor I had. The doctor that performed this filler on me is Jeannie Chung - Wellesley, Ma. 781-235-FACE
Hi! I'm considering revision rhinoplasty will a permanent filler, the doctor used silikon -- Which permanent filler is the doctor going to use? I've heard horror stories with silikon im just not sure how much of it is true..and also a lot of surgeons say silikon should never be put in the nose because it is an area of movement which means it cause instigate migration, ect. Any advice or thoughts?
Don't go for a revision. Just go for the filler! It's so worth it in my opinion. I had volume loss on one side of my nose (which is normal) and the permanent filler has been GREAT. My doctor used Silikon 1000, and now over a month later I am finally seeing changes and results that I REALLY like. It takes a little while for your natural collagen to form around the filler. I read the horror stories about it too... but I think there are more positive stories. I really like the way it made me look. I am going to eventually get another injection to make it even more even when I have the money but I am happy right now with how I look. It's a bit pricey. My own doctor who did the injections had silikon injected after her rhinoplasty years ago and she looks great.
Ah! That's so great to hear!! Did you have any silikon injected in the tip of your nose, I hear that's the most problematic. Also did you notice any skin discoloration or difference in texture, or stiffness or anything odd? Basically can you tell whether or not it's in there? Thanks for your help!
I did not have any injections in my tip... but slightly above my tip and then at the top of the bridge. I never noticed anything different that day or any day after. I had swelling after the injection from the needle but that was gone in a day, and you couldn't even notice. No one even knew I had it done including my other half : ) I can't even tell it's there. It took prob a good 3-4 weeks before I even noticed the gain in volume in my nose at all. The top of my nose feels a little harder when I touch it but nothing that I can feel unless I touch.
Make sure if you do it, you do it with someone who does the droplet technique... basically they put small VERY conservative drops in. Which means you will most likely need a second injection, but at least you aren't over filled and can see the results a month or so later to see if you need more.
Be careful with anything permanent. It isnt moldable and it can cause a granuloma. Seeing a doctor once a year to maintain the beautiful look is worth it.. You take your car to get oil changes 4 times a year. Once a year for you isnt asking too much. The key is to find the ARTIST you feel comfortable DESIGNING the nose and that has EXPERIENCE (over 100 cases- simply ask the Dr. "IF" they lie and you sue they will have to prove the 100 cases- which most havent performed) .. At the end of the day, its the DESIGN that matters most. Not eveyone sees ART the same, unfortunately. Good luck
Good advice. Use caution with the silicone filler as it must cause a walled off granuloma under the skin to ensure that the 'oil' doesnt leak around the face. There is usually no problem in immune competent patients. However, as is the case with aging, our immune system gets depressed and a 'foreign' body under the skin is still 'foreign'. So, take that under consideration when considering a permanent filler using a foreign substance. The natural alternatives last 2 years, so 10 visits in 20 years.. You'll see your car mechanic more often than that. Have to start looking at ourselves as an 'investment' like our cars and homes and create a budget to 'maintain' beauty and youth. :) Good work with a happy client Dr. Chung.
What would you say would last the longest that's not permanent