deep set eyes with tear trough/ under eye circles - Wellesley, MA

WHEN DONE BY THE RIGHT SPECIALIST - WORTH EVERY...

WHEN DONE BY THE RIGHT SPECIALIST - WORTH EVERY PENNY!!!!
Let me start out by saying that I am 38yo female w very fair skin, prominent cheekbones & DEEP set eyes. Since my 20's my tear troughs have been a source of stress making me very self conscious. I tried juvederm injections & restylane 1-2x by a very prominant Boston dermatologist approx 2 years ago with little effect. Was told I'd likely need fat trasplant for the areas in question, which I was almost to the point of doing until I found Dr. Mitesh Kapadia, an ophthalmic plastic surgeon in Wellesley, MA. I had my first restylane injection in mid Nov 2013 with 2 follow-ups for total of 3 syringes with my final injection Feb 4, 2014 (which is why total canme to @ $1900) & am BEYOND thrilled with the results. I can't remember when my eyes looked so rested & young....
Boston Oculoplastic Surgeon

Dr. Kapadia is attentive & does not ever make you feel as though you are being silly/superficial. He truly understands the importance of self-image and takes his art very seriously which as a surgeon is RARE. I am a nurse practitioner who has worked in surgery (both as surgical assist as well as outside of surgery) for the last 9 years and completely understand the profession/ players, which allows me the perspective to fully appreciate a good surgeon which he most definitely is! I would strongly recommend Dr. Kapadia - both for his skill & compassion. His office staff/ admin assistant, Donna is also a gem :) Thx so much guys!

So glad you found a skilled injector that was able to give you results!  Did you have any down time with swelling and bruising?
Hi Jill81, So sorry to take so long to get back to you! My swelling & bruising always shows up the day after but goes down quickly by day 3-4 as long as I stay home & ice the day after I have it done. I also wear my glasses vs contacts which helps disguise any swelling. I'm usually a big bruiser..but found as long as I stop NSAIDs (eg. Ibuprofen, Advil, Aleve) 4 days prior to injection my bruising is minimal :) Just use Tylenol for headaches etc in days leading up to injection. Go for it!!!!Worth every penny :) Good Luck & let me know how you do! J
That sounds like a good strategy.  I'm not in the market for injectables at the moment, just curious :)  Although I will always reserve the right to get them in the future!