Belly Button Pain - Webster, TX

As soon as the large padel was placed on the...

As soon as the large padel was placed on the stomach I had such intense pain to my naval. so much so I could not talk. I felt as thou my entire body was being lifted by a hook on my naval. I was instructed to breath deep but do not hypervinalate. I was with a friend that just had the same procedure and she said the pain would only last ten minutes and would get better. My pain in my naval lasted the entire hour, but not as severe in the last 30 minutes. The stinging and tenderness in the skin is tolerable and I have not needed pain meds for that. I am still having pain in my naval and fear my previous hernia surgery may have been damaged. There had been no questions as to any of my previous surgerys or even a examination of my naval by the technician. I never saw the doctor. My stomach is so swollen and hard, I do too feel as though I am six months pregnant. I ,too, am unable to wear my slacks due to the swealing. II have had to purchase some loose fitted dresses. I just keep praying the results will be worth the discomfort.
Houston Oculoplastic Surgeon

His office has always been very professional and has a excellent reputation.

I also experienced sharp pain in my navel during and after treatment. I hope are you feeling better, as the pain has started to subside for me today, day 5.

How are you feeling now? *Crossing my fingers that your pain is gone now and you're starting to see some changes!*

Thank you for your advice. I had no idea there would be so much pressure on my belly button. I have chosen not to participate in the second treatment. It has been 10 days now and the pain is very limited. I am still unable to wear the clothes I wore prior to my treatment due to the swelling. I am still optimistic there will be some results in the near future.
I'm on day 8 and my pants are a little snug from the swelling too. I heard that takes time to go down. We are on the same time frame. I imagine 1-2 more weeks we will be ok.
You might want to see a doctor. When I had my coolsculpting done they asked if I had any medical problems, surgery done, etc. They do not recommend coolsculpting if you had a hernia! It could cause damage. Maybe you filled out the new patient paperwork and forgot to add that you had that done? I'd get check out just in case you caused internal damage that you can't view from the outside. I'm sorry for your pain. Hope you get better.
I felt some strange tugging sensations running through my abdomen toward the end of my simultaneous love handle treatments and some tugging around the naval and mild cramping 5-7 days post treatment but nothing that couldn't be managed with OTC aleve. The skin felt kind of bruised to the touch for a while and some swelling. I'm now one month post and also recommend a compression garment for optimum results and go for my next set next week of abdomen and love handles again with new measurements and photos. I've already decided in most cases the best results are seen with at least two treatments to each problem area from reviewing dozens of photos.
Do you think the compression garmet helps with results? My nurse said that I could wear one to help with the pain or the sensation if any but that I didn't have to wear one. I didn't think it would help or harm the results by wearing it. If I don't see much results, I may consider doing the same area for a second time but they said you had to wait three months in order to do so.
I couldn't imagine how I would feel without the compression garmet (or as my Mother calls it "girdle"). It certainly helps. A LOT!

Welcome and thank you for posting your experience so far! I hope you get great results. :)