BIG REVEAL!!! New Pics - 2 months post-op - Wayzata, MN

I am a young looking 41 year old wife and mother....

I am a young looking 41 year old wife and mother. I have always been busty, 34D, but due to having kids, gravity, and weight loss, my breasts lost their fullness. I decided to get implants to restore them to a more youthful look. I wasn't sure if I would also need a lift, and thankfully my PS said I didn't need one.

Just a few stats about me: I am 5'1", 125 lbs. I was a 34D prior to surgery. I went with Mentor, Smooth Moderate at 475cc on both sides. I had my surgery on October 11, 2012.

My surgery went well. I am now 3 weeks and 1 day post Op. The hardest thing for me has been sleeping. It has been very uncomfortable and I wake up very stiff and sore. I am also wondering why my implants seem so firm when I am sleeping and wake up in the morning. does anyone else have this issue? They do soften up after I start to move around, so that's reassuring. My left side has been more bothersome than my right, which has been consistent from day 1. My right side has been perfect! So my left is still a little more swollen and seems to be more sore than the right if I do too much. Is this normal?

It's hard waiting for them to drop. I worry that they either won't, or that they will be uneven. My doctor didn't wrap me after surgery and does not recommend massage either. He says he has found it doesn't make a difference in the recovery process. He says it's better to leave them alone and let nature take it's course. I do worry though because it seems that most doctors are the opposite. Any thoughts?

I am going through a little depression now. I don't have any regrets, it's just hard to wait to look "normal" again. It's also hard hiding my condition because I haven't really told anyone.

Okay, sorry I haven't posted an update! After...

Okay, sorry I haven't posted an update! After talking to my PS's nurse, I decided to just wait to see the doctor at my 6 week check-up like originally planned. I talked over the concerns I was having and she said as long as I didn't have any sudden swelling, redness/rashes, sudden pain, and no fever, that there wasn't anything to be alarmed about. I am exactly 4 weeks post-op today, and the nurse said that since I was displaying any of those symptoms, the doc wouldn't be able to do anything. I am still too early in my recovery and he doesn't do any corrective surgeries until after 4-6 months of recovery. I guess it takes that long for things to heal and settle. It's so hard waiting!!! But I am feeling better everyday, and I FINALLY feel like I am back to my pre-surgery self, as far as sleeping and being able to regular daily things. I'm still trying not to over-do, as I'm still healing and I don't want to "ruin" anything or cause problems. I really feel like 3 1/2 weeks was the turning point for me. I can now tell that they are starting to settle down more into place and they are starting to soften up. They also don't seen to be as high at the end of the day. I realize that at 1 month of recovery, I just need to relax and let nature takes its course. I also have noticed that being more active is helping them drop and soften up.

Today I finally found a bra that is comfortable....

Today I finally found a bra that is comfortable. My husband wasn't very thrilled because I chose comfort over looks. He understands though and is just happy that I am finally more comfortable, and now I am able to start wearing more things. I am anxious to see my PS this Friday for my 5/6 week check-up. I have MANY questions!

According to my PS, about 80% of women who have a...

According to my PS, about 80% of women who have a BA, wish they had gone bigger. I NEVER thought I would say this, but now that they have settled more and pretty much all the swelling has gone down, I wish had done 500cc. I know it's crazy! I was sorta of scared going up to 475cc from my original plan of 400-425cc. I guess it's just nerve wracking not really knowing exactly how they will turn out. It's not like a blowing up a balloon where you can easily just let the air out if it gets too big. Oh well, I am still VERY happy with my results and would rather not look like a freak. LOL!

7 wks Post-Op So my update is this: I feel...

7 wks Post-Op

So my update is this: I feel like I someone is poking my nipples with a thousand needles! Not really, of course. Apparently I am at the point of recovery when the nerves in and around my nips are starting to "wake up". I have had most of the feeling back in them since about week #2, but now it seems the rest is coming back. It's not a constant pain, it comes and goes, but it definitely is not pleasant. Yesterday we were at the Mall of America and it started, so I was nonchalantly trying to "hold" my left breast as we shopped. LOL! I'm still numb on the lower part of each breast, but it doesn't bother me, just is kinda weird. I'm just happy i have feeling back in both my nips. That's more important, right!?! LOL!!! Needless to say, this boob recovery thing is very interesting. I hope everyone else is doing well! :)

So, I know that every style of bra is different,...

So, I know that every style of bra is different, and this may change the size needed for that type of bra. I was wondering though if anyone else feels like they are getting bigger as they drop and fluff. I think this is happening to me, and I really don't want them to get much bigger! YIKES!!!!!!!

I am 7 1/2 weeks post op and the incision site...

I am 7 1/2 weeks post op and the incision site under my left implant started to itch a lot in the last 2 days. There doesn't seem to be any redness and it looks fully healed to me. I have not had any issues with it in the past. Should I be worried? What could it be?

I am now just over 2 months post-op and everyday I...

I am now just over 2 months post-op and everyday I am more happy about my decision to get implants. The uncomfortable recovery is soooo worth it. I decided to take the plunge and post a pic so everyone can really see my results so far.

So, I asked my PS to send me the pictures that...

So, I asked my PS to send me the pictures that were taken right before I had my surgery. I am grossed out and embarrassed that I even looked like that before surgery! I didn't realize how bad I looked. I really don't want anyone to see, but I know that it might help someone else with their own surgery decision.

Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Bashioum was referred to me by a co-worker. I also had previous knowledge of him due to his high community profile. Him and his clinic are definitely the best! I would have no problem seeing him for other surgeries and I recommend him to anyone.

Hi! Are you still happy with your implants? After having 2 kids I am looking to get this procedure done, it is just nice to get reassurance from people that they don't regret it after a few months! I think you said you wish you would have gone a little bigger.. did the doctor recommend the size or is it what you chose? Thanks!
YES!!! I still love them! I am very happy with the size also. right after the surgery they were kinda of flat and high on my chest, but after they settled and the muscles relaxed, they became full. This is very common and probably why a lot of women think they should have gone bigger. My doctor didn't choose the size, the nurse helped me. I did tell him that he could make the ultimate decision one he had them in, based on what would be the most proportional and natural for my body type. I still love them. One of the best things I've ever done!
That's great! Your results look so natural. Are you happy with the saline implants or do you ever think you should have gone with silicone for any reason? I'm not sure if you posted it already, but what is your new bra size? Thanks!!
I'm very happy with the saline. I don't have any rippling and they feel very natural. My size now is a 34DD, which is pretty close to what I was before, 34D. The only difference now is that I don't have to wear a pushup bra anymore because now they have fullness on the top. I would say without a bra now is what I looked like when I wore a bra before. Does that make sense? :) I did wear padded bras for the months leading up to my surgery, just to help make it less obvious afterwards. I also didn't tell anyone before either, not even my mom. People have too many opinions and didn't want to hear them. I did this for myself.
A lot of my friends still don't know that I have implants now.
That's great! Are you able to go braless now? Like if you have a cute shirt with a low back or something? I am quite asymmetrical and I would love to be able to go braless and actually be comfortable and look good! I have a consultation with Dr. Bashioum in about 3 weeks!!
I could go braless, but I don't. I've always been a pretty modest person. I think I would feel too self-concious not wearing one. Good luck with your appointment! Dr. B is great, and he will give you his honest opinion and sound advice. I'm hoping to see him again in the Spring for another minor procedure.
I'm obsessed with your results and I am highly consider Dr. Bashioum to be my PS for a BA early 2014. Did you get saline or silicon implants? Also, what kind of profile did you go with?
You would be very happy with Dr. Bashioum! His incisions were flawless, and after 2 weeks, they were almost gone. It's been a year now, and I can't even see the incision at all, and that was one of the things I was most worried about becuz I scar very easily. My implants are 475cc, saline, moderate profile, and they were placed under the muscle. My incision is underneath in the crease. Good luck to you and let me know if you have more questions. - Mia xoxo
Thank you so much for writing me back so quickly, Mia! I'm like 100% sure I am going with Dr. Bashioum. I know quite a few girls that have gone to him with amazing results. Your results are exactly what I want to look like. They are perfect and so natural! Everyone I know that has gone to him has gotten saline, does he just prefer saline? I was going to go with silicon because they're supposed to feel/look more natural, plus a girlfriend that has saline implants (she didn't go to Dr. B), said she has saline and when it's time to replace them she's going to go with silicon because they're less likely to ripple and with silicon implants you replace them every 10 years and not every 5 years like you should do with saline.
I went with saline because I felt the risk of complications was less. Dr. B says that the risk of infection post surgery are less with saline because the outer lining of the silicone implant can cause more irritation, a sort of allergic reaction, which can contribute to infection and capsular constriction. Also, if a saline implant ruptures, your body will just absorb the saline, and if you aren't able to replace it right away, it's fine. You could even wait months or years and there's no harm to your body. If a silicone implant ruptures, you have to replace it right away. Financially, that's not always possible for most people. I do not have any rippling. I went behind the muscle. It also depends on how much breastfeeding tissue you have to start with also. Dr. B also said that the risk of rippling is basically the same for either type of implant. Amount of breast tissue, behind or in front of muscle, and also filling the implant to its max fill, are things that can possibly reduce rippling. Every body is different though, and there is no real guarantee against ripples, no matter what doctor you go to and what type of implant you get.
Dan auto correct! I meant to say breast tissue, not breastfeeding! LOL!
Damn!!! Oy.
Hahaha! My phone autocorrects ALL the time ;) Again, thank you so much for all the help! I couldn't tell you enough how appreciative I am! I could not be more excited to start this process. I just want to lose like 20lbs then go in and start. I'm 5'7 and 160lbs currently but would like to get down to my usual 140lbs, just so I know what CC's I should truly go with.
Well, I didn't need a lift, I just didn't have much tIssue below the nipple and crease. Dos that make sense? I'm not sure if he created a bigger pocket or not.
Maybe he lowered your crease. I've seen other girls have that done. I can't remember what the name for that is though. I know I didn't have that done.
My PS brought down the crease on one side for me because that breast was smaller. He explained that if he just left it alone, that nipple wud be higher because I didn't have as much breast tissue on that side. I think it makes sense. Hope that helps!
And would you say that you didn't have a lot of tissue between your nipple and the incision?
I'm not sure what you mean, but my PS said that I didn't need a lift. He said my breasts just sit lower on my chest giving the appearance that they are more saggy than they really are. Does that answer your question?
you look great kat! MUCH, MUCH BETTER THAN PRE-OP!! Thanks for having the courage to post and help ladies along on their BA journey.
yes I have to agree with the comment below, that bikini shot is amazing! I want that look!
WOW you look fabulous!!!!
Va, va, voom in that bikini! Looking great.
It could possibly be scar tissue that is itching you? I am getting my BA in less than two weeks but have had three c-sections and my incision site from those did itch some in the beginning and I felt like it was from the scar tissue forming. It did get better and is totally gone now. Nothing I had to see a Dr. for. Hope it gets better!
Thank you Hawkeye, I didn't think of that! It has stopped so I'm not worried now. :)