All I Want for Christmas...- Wayzata, MN

I am so glad I found this site! I have been...

I am so glad I found this site! I have been reading reviews, tips, pictures and well wishes galore for a month now. It is so helpful because I don't know anyone personally whose had a BA. I have been wanting to feel more feminine and confident since I was about 20. Things happen in life where you just don't get around to doing something about it. I have finally got myself a great guy who loves me for who I am (small boobs and all) but will also support me and my decision to get a BA. He said he will also be my "nurse" while I recover. I have also a wonderful 14 year old son who is very supportive as well. I thought he would be weirded out about it when I told him but all he said was,"if that will make you happy". So that said, I am 38 years old, 5'5" and 115 lbs. I had my consultation May 3rd and knew I wanted Dr Bashioum to do my surgery after I thoroughly looked at his site and before and after pics then meeting with him and his staff. They are all very nice and professional. He is double board certified and also well known here in Minneapolis. FYI..if you mention you heard of him through 92.5 KQRS you will get a 15% discount! I decided on Saline 400cc, which will go up to 425cc beacause I'm going under the muscle, inframammary incision. My surgery is scheduled for June 5th at 6:45am. I have to have a mammogram first because of my age to make sure I'm healthy enough in there to have the procedure. I would be devastated if it turns out I'm not. I'm sure it'll be fine though. I've had no issues and no one in my family with breast cancer that I know of. I guess thats it for now. My count down has started. More updates as they come. Have a great day!

I passed my physical with flying colors and my...

I passed my physical with flying colors and my mammogram was negative for cancer. Yay! I had my pre-op yesterday and tried on sizers again. I am now leaning toward 450cc. I did the rice test and well whats 50 more cc's really. The nurse and my mom said the 450's look good. Not too big and they really even out my lower half. Hello Marilyn! I am sooo excited! only 6 more days left.

Day 3 post op My BA was a success. I went with...

Day 3 post op
My BA was a success. I went with 425cc high profile saline Mentor implants. My nurse said I was a very good patient and she wished all her patients were as easy as me. :) So I guess I didn't throw up on anyone which is good. The last thing I remember before surgery was the anesthesiologist telling me he was putting in the medication. I woke up a few minutes before they wheeled me out to go home. I was given a script for Celexa and told to take extra strength Tylenol. The Tylenol wasn't doing anything so I called the office and asked for a script for Vicodin. My new girls are still sitting high and in my armpits. Currently they feel like they are on fire and I am getting stabbing pains. I ice them constantly. Ice is my new best friend. I have been taking it VERY easy. It hurts to wipe after I pee so i figure it would be best not to do anything crazy. My boyfriend has been taking such good care of me. He has been setting his alarm at night and getting up every 4 hours to give me my meds and ice and help me to the bathroom. He didn't leave my side for 48 hours. He went back to work today and he felt bad. He is the best. I am not going to work until the 12th and its only a 4 hour shift. I am an HHA but there is no lifting with this client.

Helpful hints I haven't yet read on this site are....
1) use a shower chair.. I sat on it and my boyfriend washed my hair and my back and I was able to wash everything else while sitting comfortably
2) use a wedge.. I propped up in bed with that instead of having to sleep in the recliner and i used extra pillows to prop up my legs and a pillow under each arm and a neck pillow. Very comfy!

My mom had those from a previous surgery so I borrowed them from her. Thanks mom!

I will post pics soon

*Celebrex not Celexa :P

*Celebrex not Celexa :P

5 days PO today and I am feeling much better. I...

5 days PO today and I am feeling much better. I took my last Celebrex last night and am off the Vicodin. My boobs (I have BOOBS!) have finally decided to move out of my arm pits. Not completely but at least I can have my arms at my sides now. They are still sitting high but I think when they drop they will look fabulous. They are still pretty tight and I don't know if its my imagination or not but I think I can feel them moving around. Up and out mostly. I am still icing them regularly and taking it easy. My boyfriend, bless his heart, is still taking care of me and making sure I don't over stress myself. We are going over to my moms today for a BBQ. 92 degrees here today...bikini time I love it!
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Dr Bashioum and his staff are amazing! They are so nice and they call back right away if you leave a message. I highly recommend them to anyone.

I guess it depends on the individual...everybody is different. your breasts look like they are being stretched tiiiiiiiiiight! Aack.....I too was uncomfortable for awhile, but warm showers helped alot. Take Care!
Lol yes they are!
Hey zep~ filling out a bikini is FUN, huh?? Lol your implants are high but that's completely normal, it will take awhile for them to settle. Mine were high for 2 months, so be patient! I'm sure when they drop you will look fabulous:-)
2 months? Oy Vay I was told 1-2 weeks. Oh well, Its just so uncomfortable at times. You look Fab as well!
Sounds like you have a wonderful boyfriend. It helps SO much to have support from loved ones. Hope your pain subsides soon. Look forward to seeing your fabulous results.....Get Well Soon:-)
YYAAYY!!!! good Luck and keep us posted xoxoxo
Don't worry, no need to freak out about anything.
The whole pre-surgery and surgery go pretty quick and you'll be a whole new woman before you know it!
I wish you a quick and as comfortable recovery as possible!
Thank you ladies for your wonderful comments and support. I have been so busy these last two weeks it has flown by and now its 8pm night before! I am not too nervous right now just REALLY excited. I'm sure in the morning I will be freakin a little bit. I will definitely post pics! I'm second guessing the 450's. Maybe I should go wtih a 425? A happy medium :)
Zeppelin.. congrats to you. I am 2 months post op.. and I know you will be excited and happy with your results.. its good to hear that you are doing something for you ...
Hi Zeppelin--very excited for you! I am a few years older than you. I am 2 weeks post-op today...I think you will be very satisfied! Good luck!
Hiya zeppelin~Ohh I'm so excited for you! You're going to look awesome!! I'm sure you have a million butterflies in your tummy right now....Lol Don't worry, we are all here to offer support. Look forward to seeing the post op piks. Good Luck:-)
Hey awesome! We are the same age and height, but I am heavier and your cc's are a little larger.
Your surgery date is coming...so excited for you! Welcome to the boobie club!
btw- im surprised you had to have a mammogram. I wasnt required to have one....

I'm sure your mammogram will be a-ok. I'm glad you get to have this done for YOU. Sounds like you have a great support system.

I had BA \ BL 8 days ago and I love the new tata's . My only regret is not going sooner. Keep is posted
Wonderful! I look forward to following your story!
How exciting for you!! I just had mine done April 3. I'm just starting to kind of feel like myself again. I'm very happy with my decision and I hope you will be too!