Do I REALLY Need This? UH... HELL YEAH - Wayne, NJ

I title this blog "Do I REALLY need this" for the...

I title this blog "Do I REALLY need this" for the sole purpose is that I am 145 pounds, never had kids, my stomach is there, and I have 2 rolls when I sit down like I guess most people, and the question arises, Do I need this? When one thinks of a TT we all think of getting rid of a lot of fat on the stomach. I have fat on my stomach believe me. But is it enough to warrant such a drastic surgery. I am also getting lipo of the hips and flanks. Yes I am well aware that I am being charged the highest price on this forum!!! I don't think anyone is paying more than me. Why am I doing this and not just lipo, well I had lipo done 2 other times, the last time it left my stomach looking like it needed to be ironed, gross! I look dimply. When I am standing my stomach isn't so bad, it's sitting down that I can take orders for muffins. UPDATE: I just went up in my bathroom to take some pictures for u all...HOLY CRAP why am I even questioning this???? UHHH....IT'S BAD...REALLY BAD!!!!! So my original title of this blog: "Do I REALLY need this" has been altered with an ending of HELL YEAH! Pictures are worth a thousand words, in my case, a million. I was hemming and hawing about this whole operation, well taking these pictures just sealed the deal!
Wayne Plastic Surgeon

wishing you all the best
Hum! If you're not having any kids than go for it, but if you want kids I would say PLEASE!! Think about it longer. Maybe just lipo? Now and tummy tuck after kids (if you want any) get at least 2-3 PS opinion.. Good luck to you, :)
Definately not having kids. The surgeon I have chosen is board certified and trained at Harvard. He was featured in many magazines as NJ Top Doctors. So I am praying that all goes well. Thank u for advice
Congratulations on your decision to proceed with tummy tuck surgery; this operation is one of the most patient pleasing operations we perform. You mentioned the charges involved; I think this concern should be secondary to the fact that you have chosen a good plastic surgeon. Since you considering undergoing a major operation which often involves a significant physical and emotional recovery ( often underestimated by surgeons and patients alike), a few words of advice may be helpful: 1. Make sure you are doing the procedure for the right reasons (for yourself) and that you have realistic expectations. Be aware that an improvement in the “problem area” may not translate to an overall improvement in your life situation. You are bound to be disappointed with results of the procedure if your motivation for doing the surgery is not internally driven.
2. Time your surgery carefully; generally, it is not a good idea to have surgery done during or immediately after a stressful period in life (for example divorce or death of a loved one). The additional stress of surgery will undoubtedly be more challenging to deal with if a patient's emotional reserves our already exhausted. Remember, that an improvement in your physical appearance will not translate to an improvement in your life situation.
3. If possible speak to patients who have undergone similar procedures and query them about the toughest times of their recovery period. Any practical hints previous patients can provide may be very helpful.
4. Make sure you are aware of potential complications that may arise how to reach your surgeon if necessary. 5. Make sure you have a strong and patient support system (several people if possible) in place who have time/patience to take care of you. Arrange for professional nursing if any doubt exists regarding the availability and/or stamina of your caretakers.
6. Be patient with the healing process, understanding that it will take several weeks to months to feel “normal” again. It may also take many months/year to see the end results of your surgery.
7. Be prepared to distract your mind with things of interest such as books, magazines, and movies.
8. Expect less of yourself; do not go back to work, school or chores too early and let others take care of you (for a change).
9. Pick your surgeon carefully (a well experienced board-certified plastic surgeon) and trust in his/her advice. Keep in close communication with your surgeon and do not hesitate to communicate questions/concerns and the emotional swings that you may experience.
10. Resume all medications that you were using preoperatively when cleared by your plastic surgeon and stop the use of narcotics and sedatives as soon as feasible after surgery.
11. Keep in mind the end results as you go through the tougher emotional times after your surgery. Best wishes.
Wow this is very thorough information to consider. I will definately give serious thought to each one of these topics. Thank you for your professional advice.