44 Years Old, Seven Kids ,umbilical Hernia Want to Look and Feel Strong, Trim. - Waterford, CT

Since the birth of my last son in 2010, I went...

Since the birth of my last son in 2010, I went from 255 to 200 lbs, but could not lose the round puffy fat look to my abdomen. I always looked 4 months pregnant, and at times, 5 months. Pregnant. I had a hernia as well that was painful. I really wanted to be able to see my toes looking down. I have been told by three surgeons that I had a distasis of 5 inches which is a seperation in the abdominal wall. Unless I repaired it, I would always look pregnant.

Just had a tummy tuck and already glad i did.

On feb 7 I went ahead with a full abdominoplasty, hernia repair and liposuction of my hips and upper abdomen. As I am laying here in bed I thought I would give a little background. I used to have an athletic type physique, size 9/10, and five foot nine. I am now in my mid forties, and after having many children, I developed a large distasis, mainly after having a c section for twins in 2004. Despite losing 60 pounds, I could never lose weight or inches in the belly area, n fact with age and more children, it seemed to get worse. I debated doing this now because I am still nursing my three year old boy, but it hasn't been an issue, even post surgery. I am already happy I did the surgery ! I can see that in this belly wrap is a flatter stomach. Not only was my hernia causing me discomfort, but I couldn't wear regular sized pants ever. I hated looking 5 months pregnant , and I would avoid bathing suits . I am going to post my last 6 days of recovery including the day of surgery.

Day of surgery feb 7 2014

I had surgery very early in the morning. My husband went into hospital with me. We checked into same day surgery, and after a bunch of medical questions , a nurse put in an I v drip.. Dr sena came in and talked to me a little and drew lines all over my bdomen and belly button. I was a little anxious but the staff was professional and made me comfortable. I went into or, and was given oxygen to put me to sleep. Last thing I remember was breathing in the oxygen.when I woke up I was in recovery with a waist band on and a dry throat. Even groggy I could feel slimmer. I made the mistake of eating a dry croaker and it irritated my throught which made me cough. That brought me to tears for a minute, it hurts to cough with stitches! The rest of that recovery time I fell back asleep. Until it was time to go home.

Feeling better day 9 after surgery

Hi everyone, I'm finally not sleeping all day anymore, and feel like eating a little better now. I went to see my ps on Friday and he decided I should keep my drain in until Tuesday. I was looking forward to a shower, but lucky for me, my husband washed my hair. I was able to kneel over and he put a pan of warm water on my head...ahhh after 9 days felt good. I got out of bed a little more today but still feel best with my knees over 3 pillows and my back propped up against three memory foam pillows. I also am down to one Percocet every 6 hours instead of two every hours. Onl thing 5 o the kids making me crazy bing home on snow days.. I still have my binder on and emotions have been up and down every day. I wasn't totally prepared how much it will take to recover, but I'm going to stay positive, just knowing I'm going to have a cute tight belly with curves and no more looking 6 months pregnant! I'm going to feel like other slim woman at the beach, and never again will my kids say you belly is fat mommy. :)

2 mpnths plus

I am still having some tingling and nbness but im going to start abdominal crunches at 3 months. I tend to feel flabby right over the belly button but I think crunches will help. Having the hernia slowed my recovery. But it it still way better than I looked with the huge gut , now my bust sticks out, before I had a larger round belly than breasts. Now I feel much better. I was very out of shape so crunches and exercise are in order. Still worth doing although I think I will take ,9 months to be where I feel great
dr thomas sena