Lipo on Upper/lower Abs, Hips and Lats - is This Normal??

Pros - dont know yetCons - soreness, swelling,...

Pros - dont know yet

Cons - soreness, swelling, longer recovery than expected and more pain than expected

Why - For my stature my hips were wide, and no matter how thin I've been I've had a little pot-belly.

Almost 4 weeks after lipo on my upper and lower abs, hips and lats. I still feel thick, bruising is gone but each area is still hot painful like a bruise to the touch. I am not really happy yet with the results as I feel my middle looks "thick". My abs look flat if I look down (the pot belly look isnt like it was) but overall my middle is thick and i dont believe I am any smaller than prior to the procedure. If I try to pinch the lower ab 'flab' (carefully mind you as all my abs are still very sore) I cannot. Prior to lipo I could grab a good roll under my belly button - now I cant, but it feels like my abs are hard and distended. Is this normal? Is this swelling? Does it sound as though since I cant pinch a roll that there is hope once more time has passed that I will reduce in size?? I sure hope all this pain, soreness and healing is worth it. :(
How are your results since than? I had lipo on Dec. 11- upper/lower abs, thighs and flanks. I feel like my abs and flanks are "thick" as you described. I can't grab a fat roll as I was able to before but I still have trouble fitting in my jeans. I was told to wear my garment 2 weeks but am still continuing to wear it to control swelling and pain. (I'm 4 weeks out.) I went in and talked to the nurse who assured me, at 6 weeks I would look totally different. I hope!!
You are VERY swollen.. I am 7 months post Lipo and still a little sore on my left side (if someone Grabs me hard like to hug me.still a little discoloration under the skin from scaring. Other than that the lumps have disapated, I have No bulges my stomach is flat and I look Fabulas as long as you eat right and start to moderatly excersize when you fel better. Give it about 3 months before you excerzise. It takes a good 9 months to get healed. Happy Healing
I think a week & a half was to soon to get out of your garment. The compression really helps with the pain & swelling. You might try wearing the spanx during the day & the compression garment at night. My stomach felt really hard at first to, you have to massage it and it will loosen up. I also feel for lumps & massage those. You don't want scar tissue or fat deposits to build up.