I wanted a nose job since I was a little girl well...

I wanted a nose job since I was a little girl well finally Feb.21,2004 I got my wish. Well I am far from happy. My nose is very upturned and I asked my doctor and as they all say give it time I dont believe no amount of time will ever make me like this nose. This experience has made me really depress but since theres nothing I can do now, I just try to make the best of it. But in a year or sooner there will be a revision.

2nd what Angiemcc wrote! The upper bridge looks great and I hope that is just swelling in the tip.

Did you or your MD provide specs/photos on the measurements/appearance of your desired result? I'm guessing you wanted an upturned result, smaller bridge and smaller tip, correct? What were your exact requests/expectations? Despite the swelling you're still very beautiful, don't be depressed!

Thank you for sharing here on RealSelf. I hope it's just swelling and that you see the result you want in a few months. Keep us posted!

So my doctor emailed me back today I asked him...

so my doctor emailed me back today I asked him about revision and he said "Let me tell you that it takes around 12 weeks to see the result of a nose surgery. Never can you have a revision before knowing your results, and before the healing phase ends which can take as long as a year post op."

I really hope he is right

Money shouldn't be an issue when it comes to face. If it takes you longer to save up than so be it. I highly recommend not going back to the doctor that screwed up in the first place.
Revisions are very expensive and its already hard for ethnic and not of Ero-Decent. I am hoping that you will be happy with your results, If your not happy with them talk to your surgeon after the 3 months "that's how much time your nose needs to heal"

You have very thick skin. Don't bash him to you financially have to. It doesn't look like he did a bad job. But I can why you didn't get the results you wanted to achieve.

I personally think you look cute with your new nose.
Aww, well it still may be too soon to tell. I don't see why you wanted a nose job, I think your nose looked perfect for your beautiful face. It wasn't broken, assymetrical or anything. You still look beautiful and it looks as though you have thick skin. It's going to be a long process for you. I think it will be beautiful once swelling goes down. :)

So I was officially 8 weeks post op yesterday and...

So I was officially 8 weeks post op yesterday and my nose has improved since my last posting and I will post pics today hopefully. One thing Ive learned and Im still learning is that time is the only thing that will help honestly, I am not in love with my nose at this point but I can live with it. But a tip for any ladies going through the healing phase such as myself keep your hair and makeup done lol. It will help with your self image until your nose heal. Nobody understand what you are going thru but you and it can be very depressing to look in the mirror after spending thousands of dollars and not like whats stirring back at you black eyes, swollen tips, and up turn noses I made a decision early in my recovery to not get to depress any more. Makeup helps a lot, being an african american the healing process is even longer due my thick skin and having sites like realself is great too!

yeah it pretty cool site I'm glad I put up my photo
@natz lol yes this nose job have been a rollercoaster I definitly wasn't prepared for the post operactive depression that came with this surgery for sure lol but everyday is an adventure but it nice to be able to come on hear and vent :)
Totally agree with the emotional toll of rhinoplasty, which I wasn't expecting!

When the cast came off I knew my nose was going to be huge because of the swelling, so I didn't want to see myself in the doctor's office because when I don't like something my expressions are very revealing. I first looked at the result while my mom was driving and when I saw myself in the mirror I just wanted to open the door and throw myself into oncoming traffic. Then depression hit and I started looking at old pictures and asking myself WHYYYYY GOD!?

Now, my swelling is going down and I can see myself again, and with patience I realize that in a year the result is going to be great. However, personally I totally dislike having this implant (L shaped silicone) so I'm removing it May 10th.

I'll let you know about my outcome. Meanwhile, keep your good vibe, you may not realize it but you're helping a lot of people, myself included :)

So I have finally released my doctors name as...

So I have finally released my doctors name as promise by the way I found my doctor through a company called First Impression Plastic Surgery an American based company.

How did you decide on your doctor?
i have an upturned nose too but its not tht bad and i hate it so much, some times i get bullied about my nose, and i think it makes me look so ugly but girls say im well fit wtf also i really want to have my nose surgery done but i dont know whether i shud have it done or not? i dont like pain lol :(
@grant when deciding on weather to get rhinoplasty there's a lot to consider if I had to do it again I would, (maybe in a different manner) because you will never be happy with your nose until you do something about it I dreamed of a nose job since I was 10, and remember getting teased also for having a big nose and don't worry pain is the least of your worries trust me :)

So I just schedule my consultation with Dr....

So I just schedule my consultation with Dr. William Portuese for steriod injections to help with my swelling for next Wednesday Im so excited!

Thank you Sparkling. You are obviously a wonderful person inside and out. I guess this is Gods way of teaching me how to focus more internally then externally as i have been in the past. I wish i wish i wish i hadnt let him lift my nose. I'm so broken. I loved my face so much before and now i look like a freak show. My beautician honestly disnt recognize me until i started talking. She literally told me i look nothing like myself and she wasnt being mean, just honest. My line of work depends largely on my looks and now I'm in trouble. I dont no why the doc would do this to me. I told him i didn't want to look any different, just minus the hump. I want to cry. I dont no how I'm going to survive this.
Sparkling, I think you are of course a beautiful woman, irrespective of your new nose. I just had my rhinoplasty 1 week ago yesterday. I asked only that my hump on the bridge of my nose be removed but let my doc talk me into turning the tip up after he convinced me it turned down every time I smile. Well I got splint and bandages removed and I have a weird snout/Michael Jackson/tails from the crypt type nose. I am mortified. He assures me things will "settle down" in the upcoming weeks but WHAT ABOUT TODAY?? I am so upset. And my upper lip seems to be weird looking now and my smile looks like a Cheshire cat bc the top lip doesn't cooperate much anymore. I just want my old nose back now. The doc tells me my reaction is because I have been accustomed to seeing my "ethnic nose" and now I Need to be patient. I really only wanted the hump gone and now I feel like Joan Rivers or Little Kim. Sigh, I'm so depressed. I hope things will improve.your blogg is giving a little hope. Thx
@Newdo I can relate to you on so many levels first with my decision to have the doctor rise my tip worst decision and like yours my was low naturally but I i miss my low tip:( natz86 said it best on her review theres so going back lol however just make the best of it. One thing is true the tip will drop some maybe not as much as you like but it will drop some another thing Im almost 3 months post op and still have a lot of swelling and the only way that I will like my nose is if I contour it with makeup before I leave the house which helps concealing some of the swelling,newdo hang in there if you need to vent or talk about your changes you are going through you are not alone and I would love to listen to you and offer any help I can.

So I'm in tears right now I was suppose to have my...

So I'm in tears right now I was suppose to have my consultation with Dr. William Portuese today when I called before I left the house I had called to check and see how much the consultation would be that's when they had informed me my appointment had been canceled because the doctor doesn't see other doctors patient. WTF why didn't you tell me this when I made the appointment I was on my way out the door I'm so upset right now but one thing I know for sure I would not recommend anybody to this doctor the way they handled this was very unprofessional and I'm just to upset right now to even say how disgusted I'm m with this doctor.

I got my nose done June 6. Still looks swollen and unbalance. I only got the sides cute because i didn't like my nose being so wide. I see the differance but it looks swallen. I really like your outcome I am praying my swelling goes down and look nice as yours
@meiamnay I am 3 1/2 months post op and still have swelling the only thing that I have come to realize is that time and time alone will help with swelling :( I will post some new pics so you can see how much swelling will go down around your 3rd month. Hang in there, it only gets better with time!!!

Oh my. I'm sorry for the setback. Dr. Portuese is actually considered very good, but some earlier notice would've been nice.

I figured it was time for an update being that I...

I figured it was time for an update being that I am almost 6 months post op. First thing I have noticed is that the swelling on one side of my nose is going down while the other side is still swollen. I have decided to go for a revision after my year is up to have my tip lowered . I'm really am not satisfied with the company that handled my procedures because I emailed the coordinator to let her know about some of my concerns and she never emailed me back instead the doctor did.. I'm over that now but I promised myself to let anybody and everybody know not to do business with First Impression Plastic Surgery. The lady name is Beverly who handles everything and I'm not happy with her services.(http://firstimpressionplasticsurgery.com/index.php/home) so spread the word don't do business with this company. I got a nose job because I felt that my other nose was to big well my new nose isnt that much smaller and it is pissing me off, plus I told the doctor he raised my tip too much. I only have 6 months left and then hopefully I have the results I was looking for.

I think your nose looks great now! You definitely don't need revision.
Looking amazing girlie! The nose has really come a long way. You look great!
Hi you brave woman, I am sorry you had such a traumatic experience! I myself have had a hard time coping and understand what you are going through! It looks like your nose went down a lot since cast removal, and it honestly looks a lot better :) and I think it is important you know that you look beautiful with either nose - However I do understand why you would want to do a revision, your nose looks alright but a little off. I read that many surgeons aren't experienced with african american/asian noses so if you decide on a revision I would suggest you check out if they have experience in that area. To me it looks like your surgeon did a standard nosejob for a western type nose and that will never work for a flat and wide nose. I hope you get the nose of your dreams, and just remember you still look stunning.

My nose has changed a lil since the last time I...

My nose has changed a lil since the last time I posted I put new pics up for you guys to see. In regards to a revision I will get one somewhere down the line but my nose isnt that bad were I cant bare it for a while longer lol. Im excited that my one year mark is approaching soon.

Sparkling you are so beautiful. And your nose has really improved! This makes me very happy for you. I going to celebrate in the name of Sparling24, hurraaaaaaaay!!! :)))))))))))))))))
WOW! I don't even know what to say!
-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

Hello guys my one year mark has pass and I was...

Hello guys my one year mark has pass and I was very excited when I look back on my first pics and how my nose started out and how it has improved so much from there but it also made me realized I couldnt of made it without the kind and honest people I met on this forum, Thank you. I'll post my one year pics up soon!!!

Wow what a journey you have endured. You have come so far and your 12 month nose is beautiful. I am 9 weeks and have uneven tip swelling, so your story inspires me to be patient. Enjoy!
Momma you look amazing! Your nose really did come around. I hope you feel good about it now because it suits you well!
I just read your review for the first time and looked through all of your pics. It looks awesome now! I am one month post op and dealing with the swelling. It's stories like yours that help me to see the light at the end of the tunnel! You look great!

New pics

wow it looks great! i'm trying so hard to be patient and after seeing these photos it give me more hope! if possible could you post another photo of how your nose looks now?! that would be much appreciated!!
it is ugly.. dont mean to sound mean but this person clearly doesnt know how to work with black skin or noses.. it looks thick and like a narowing like a cartoon.. weird..bulbous tip.. the other ppl will ie to you on here.. i keep it 100 percent real.. you looked way better before. and if you were to do anything i woulda done briodge refinement but the nostrils bug me out
Your nose has come a long way. You look great.

Omg its been 2years/Revision?

Re: update
From Fernando Guerrero
To Takia Martin, Beverly McCarter
Wed, Feb 12, 2014 12:32 PM EST
1 attachment
View full HTML message
I much appreciate your contact once again Takya.

It is my believe, that I should only have happy patients, and yes I did ask
for some time for some time improvements to happen. Normally this is in
between 6 and 12 months post op. You are 24 now, and have come to the point
were you need a re touch.

Unfortunately, no surgeon in the entire world, or a type of surgery, can
give you a surgery free of any re do's.

I wish you could manage to come back, and I will be more than happy to thin
out your nose, and make it more of your desire.

Let me know either directly or through Beverly.

My apologies for not being closer these post op months, but in fact I told
Beverly to do the follow up and see for any concerns of all our patients.
But more over I did tried it myself too, and most probably the e mail did
not go through.

Anyways, I here to help, and I look forward to hear from you soon.

Best Regards.

Sincerely

*Dr. Fernando Guerrerosantos*
*Cirugía Plástica Estética Certificada*

www.guerrerosantos.comfernando@guerrerosantos.com

2014-02-12 3:16 GMT-06:00 Takia Martin :

> It's been 2 years since you operated on my nose and you said give it time
> as I did however 2 years later the results are the same enclose are more
> update pics were my nose tip is very raised and my nose is still big I
> might just been another patient to you but in entrusted in you to give me
> the results that I desired furthermore you never followed up with me when I
> expressed concerns and US doctors won't touch my nose because they didn't
> do the work if you happy with an unsatifed

So sorry for the delay but I will post some new ones today
I don't think people are lying instead giving their opinion just like you

2 years post op

My last update was from mysurgeon that I reached out to explain my concern and I copy and paste his response to my post. Now I have to make the decision on weather to go back and let him fix it or keep trying in america to find another doc which many will not work on another surgeons work. Will keep you posted I've added some more recent pics

PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE dont go back to the same doctor if you want your nose revised. Bad bad idea. I don't care how much money it is, just take the time to save up--its worth it.
I doubt I will but I just wanted to see what his response would be to a un satisfied patient
I went through the same thing. At first my nose looked so weird and worse than even but it slowly started to fall into place and hopefully will end up fitting my face well like your fits yours now. I think you look great! the outcome of your surgery to me is very positive!

pics

FORTUNATELY you're not an ugly woman so you are still attractive and have a cute face. That's the good. The bad is that the tip most certainly needs to be fixed. Never ever ever remove too much cartilage. It's hard to replace but it's not impossible. For this, please find an expert in this field...someone who has done it atleast a few hundred times and has proof of results. There is also the option to inject filler at the end of the tip. There are lots of people using that to correct bumps on the bridge by filling in the space above. From the front, you look great. You really do...it's not a HUGE change, but it's better. I hope you find a good resolution. Goodluck! If you do nothing to it at all, honestly, I'm being totally truthful, it's not a big deal...you are not an ugly woman. Quite the opposite! So you're good either way :)
Here's what I was talking about with the fillers! And this is a much cheaper option too! http://www.realself.com/find/Virginia/Facial-Plastic-Surgeon/Shervin-Naderi#photo-986677
I think after it all, you look great! I would love results like yours. Very impressive. But to each his own! If a revision is what you want, go for it! Have you decided if you're going abroad or staying in the US? I admire your patience btw!!

I Finally did it!!!

Good day ladies I know its been a while since I updated but I bring good news.
I officially got my revision yesterday ????????????

Wishing you all the best with your revision.
Thx @foxyboxy for being a big encouragement from day 1 I really appreciate your kind and honest words
Good healing and from my all heart wish you get nose you want!

3 days post op

Hey, Sparking…Just checking in on you to see how you are. Hope all is well!
Oh wow loved your story. I had revision 5 months ago, after 3 years of being annoyed the first one was a flop!!! Big decision hey. I went with a different dr and am pretty happy. Looking forward to seeing your new photos.
The is hard living with something you are unhappy with that can be fix

Cast off Day

I started a review for my revision under 2nd Time Around but I also update this one as well. So my cast came off today and I wasn't nervous because it couldn't get any worse lol. There was a Lil bit of blood on my bridge that the doc had to drain so he asked me to keep it taped for 7 days. Kinda sucks cause you have the cast for seven now another 7 for taping but doctor orders. Yes I am happy so far with the results but its still early in the game. From previous experience I know the nose change a lot over course of time. The doctor said that there was a lot of scar tissue in my nose when he opened me up which was going to be a major concern for this time around also. Most doctors treated it by putting steroid shot to help the swelling well if you read my previous post No American doctors will touch your nose if you go outside the country I really really really I'm so grateful for my doctor on what he did for me was he actually gave me the steroids in the syringes so when my nose do swell I can administrate my own steroid shot so you know that meant the world to me

You are so courageous. Congrats girl. Waiting on the updates
Thx
I love your spirit! I am looking forward to seeing your progress and crossing my fingers you get the outcome you are hoping for and deserve!

without the tape

Looking good!

12 days post

Too a lot of makeup to conceal my black eyes

Your nose is beautiful!
Love love!!
Looks much better!

More views

I know Im still early in my recovery but I kinda have a love hate relationship with my doctor, he did improve my nose but not much most people who knew me before and after the surgery say that cant really see a difference now that could be a good thing and a bad thing. Good because it looks natural bad because I didnt pay for a lil change. Im not worried about it yet because I know that it takes a while to see the finish look. Aslo one of the things that irk me about my doc is I had 3 procedures done and I had to call his office last week to ask about one of my wounds. just think out of courtesy to someone who just dropped 10 grand in cash that I would at least get a how are you coming along call. I hate to feel like they take your money than cant call to do a follow-up, you gota call them. My doc is very soft spoken and he is good at getting his patients calm and at ease but at my 1 week follow up he was just a lil to busy for me he stop in the middle of taking my stitches out to take a phone call and than had another call right after that while he cont. and then had to rush out to surgery. So when it comes to after care he def needs to improve. He is Board Certified and overall think he is a good surgeon but we just have to wait and see when my body finally heals to see the final result and I judge him on that

Sparkling ur nose looks great already. It looks way narrower than how you had it and lowered. Show us ur nostrils.

Front and side to side

I like your results its pretty. I'm curious how my results will be after in 9months time. Feeling excited
From my experience it tends to get better but only with proper car if you develop scar tissue and it doesnt resolve it wont give you the reults you want. However I can see a major difference in your nose already and you are looking good.
Hope you're feeling better today. Ur revision is very pretty.

Pics

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

Dressing my nose up

So yesterday I decided to get cute and used makeup to contour my nose they way I like it. If someone ask would I recommend my doc I would probably say no. Unless you want a slight change.

Sidenote:Nothing to do with my nose, so I have mentioned that I had bra fat removed at the same time as my rhinoplasty I think I am disgust with my doctor because my wound still isnt heal it looks horrible and I had to go to the hospital because I was scared I had an infection, I didnt. I express my concern when I was in Mexico because one side was neatly stitch up and the other looked like a rush job. Last week I reaally let him have it because I was so depress he offered a revision from day one but there shouldnt be any need for one if you did it right the first time of course he gave me all the excuses in the world. So its so hard to say anything nice about him right when he left me disfigured

I have made a video of my before and after Rhinoplasty on youtube (lol i call it video lightly haha my editing is not the best lol) Anyway feel free to check out my youtube video of my nosejob journey its called 'Ethnic Nose Job - Part 1 Reveal'
Nice I will but no need to because I know you are happy with your results
It looks like there is a minor collapse of the mid portion of the septum and it may need a spreader graft, although he does good work with primary i don't think you should go back to him for revision. You may also need to get a caudal septal extension graft to strengthen the inside. Is your breathing okay? I think you can still get a near perfect result if you see a good revision specialist. You can also get a good result from permanent filler but that won't fix the underlying weakened structure. Post on the Q&A and see what the surgeons say about it. I lived with a collapsed nose for 7 years (worse than yours) and it did get worse during 2 years post op. My tip was also collapsed as well. If you go back to the same surgeon and he tries to fix it with reduction or augmentation methods, you will be traumatised. God bless realself for helping us to help each other.

Dr Called

So I finally got a call back from him today to tell me how to treat my wounds, which was nice even though it took a week but I think anybody who spent 15000 in cash to get a desire look and dont really look that that much different would be upset also.

Ah I forgot to add; your nose looks very natural. How much did he charged you?
It looks better n i know it will get better when swollen decreases. You just need to b patient for 6-12months. You look very pretty.
keep us posted on your revision... I just had a revision so I know you feel about not getting the results you wanted the first go round. hang in there and stay encouraged... :)
Dr. Fernando Guerrerosantos

My doctor is located in Guadalajara, Mexico so I couldnt do my follow up in office instead we communicated through emails and pictures. I had plastic surgery done before with the same company about 4 years ago with my rhinoplasty surgeons father who did my tummy tuck, which I'm satisfy with. However his son was not very good at replying back to my emails in a timely manner and I didnt feel as though he actually cared or understood what I was going through in my recovery.