Hoping for a New Me in 2012 - Washington

Hi. I'm 5'9" and currently weigh...

Hi. I'm 5'9" and currently weigh about 164 pounds. I have 4 wonderful children who are 13,11,10,8. Needless to say my body took a hit. I really want to do this for myself, however I don't want anyone to know. And I hate missing my kids' activities. Is it possible to make it to my kids' basketball games as soon as 7 days after surgery? I have my first consultation in Jan. I'm very anxious to see what the PS has to say. Thanks!

I'll be thinking of you, Mama! Keep us posted when you can :)

Good luck Mama!!!
Mama you still here? Getting to go to the games would make you FEEL like your life was getting back to normal. I agree with Twins4me, just dont drive. I had tummy and breasts done W/lift all at once. I did not need a motor cart at the store but I am stubborn :) Why no driving? 1. pain meds 2. you cant "twist" to look behind to back up really AT ALL
2. If you get the breasts done you really cant stear well. I mean IF you needed to move over due to someone else being careless, it would not be fast enough reaction. I didnt drive till like day 12 and then did the granny shuffle with my hands on the lower portion of the wheel.. BUT a tip. use a plastic gatbage bag in the car on the seat. It makes it "slick" so getting in and out is WAY WAY easier...

That tip about the garbage bag is great!! I may be driving tomorrow (20 days post-op) and will definitely use it. Especially since I have fabric seats.

I used mine for a few weeks. then I was able to get in and get seated fairly well with out it.. but use it as long as you need. I would totally use it again.
Hi Mama, i have the same surgery date!! I am getting the girls done (450cc HP silicone) and a revision of my tummy tuck scar (2006). I remember the tummy tuck recovery was pretty bad the first 2 weeks but as long as you do not drive you can get out and about. I went shopping one time and used the motor cart to get around the store, I probably looked silly but I was sick of being cooped up in the house.
Don't be scared, stay strong, you are about to get a hot body!!!
Just curious as to how your consults went!! Keep us posted! As far as the basketball game just remember you'll still have drains in at 7 days post!! I had no drain TT so that wasn't an issue for me!! Best of luck!! We're here if you need us!
keep us posted!

Have you had your first consultation yet?

I'm going on Monday. : ) Thanks.
My pleasure :)
Would you be trying to drive by day 7? I think I waited two weeks or more before even wanting to, the seat belt alone can be an issue. Turning to see behind you etc. You might need to miss a few things but you can't take the chance of overdoing it either. Wait to see how you feel because everyone is different like Angie said.
No I wouldn't be driving. Just going to watch the game. You are so right, that it's okay to miss a few things. I'm trying to mentally prepare myself for that already. Thanks for your input. : )

Hmmm...you might still be a bit hunched over by then. Possibly still with drains. But depending on how you heal, some women on RealSelf could've done it. Hopefully you'll be one of those lucky ones.

I'm excited for you that you get to do this for yourself! Please keep us posted throughout your consultation process!

Thanks Angie. I've never had surgery before, so that scares me. I'm really anxious to meet with the PS b/c I have so many questions, but this site is really helpful.