Mini Tummy Tuck: StoriesWrite a Review
Great Doc...wouldnt Go to Any Other...and I Consulted a Bunch!
- Happy Lady
- posted 2 years ago
- updated 1 year ago
- Worth It
- Cost: $13,000
- Richard Baxter, MD (Mountlake Terrace, WA)
No cons...pain wasnt even that bad. You shoulndt...
- 14 Dec 2010
No cons...pain wasnt even that bad. You shoulndt have any cons...any surgery you do make sure youve done your research...if you have...and you still go ahead you wont have any regrets.
1. Yes some pain...but for me nothing like you...
- 14 Dec 2010
Downtime: yes there is and I would guess 3 weeks before Im wandering around a store.
2. Do it again...in a heartbeat. My research told me what to be prepared for....I was ready...no reason not to do it again if I had to.
3. All I can say is research, research, research....I knew everything I could going in...I was OVER prepared with knowledge...which has left me not wondering or questionng anthing.
So I'm having my tummy tuck re-done...but I have...
- 18 Nov 2011
Now my stich came undone, well I believe thats the culprit anyway, but that doesnt take away from the great work my Doc did...as well as his great bed side manner and understanding. My scar is perfect height, he nailed it on the head with a pencil straight scar just on the pubic hair line.
So back to the cutting room floor in a few weeks...I pray it goes safe, easy and come out with the same excellent results...just a tighter tummy! :)
I should explain a little...at the 3rd week mark I...
- 18 Nov 2011
I almost immediately in the weeks following the cough felt a pull on one place in my belly...almost like one area was holding all the weight. At week 8 when I should be able to do some easy moving and lifting, I was pushing a shopping cart in Target...I felt a weird "pop" and then a lopsided feeling.
We have waited almost 1 year and it looks the same as the 8 week mark...I have not gained any weight or done improper exercises.
I believe the stitch had come undone at the time of the "pop", brought on by the coughing episodes.
Now 1 year later we will fix...another surgery sucks as well as the cost associated (daycare, anesthesia) but I would rather have it redone than not. But this time maybe some double, tripple stitching :). And I am going to make sure to eat my blended greens as so to make sure my immune system stays healthy and I dont develop any colds and coughs :)
So I'm 3 weeks out from my 2nd TT...and things...
- 4 Jan 2012
I also had Dr. Baxter do a fat transfer under my eyes where I had lost some volume...so far it looks good, very natural...but it can take 6 to 8 weeks to see how much fat actually takes. I choose this over fillers, fillers did not work for me, my body just seemed to absorb them...and so far I cant see why anyone would spend $500 every 4 months for fillers (under eyes) if they could get a great doctor to do a fat transfer that is long term. But that being said, a Great doctor is needed, like Dr.Baxter :).
Second surgeryhas turned out great...and my scar...
- 16 Apr 2012
Oh, and for anyone interested I have been using...
- 17 Apr 2012
Here it was I have done, and my healing results are EXCELLENT:
1. The instructions say leave on a minimum of 12 hours...if you follow this you are just doubling your healing time. I leave mine on for 24 hours.
2. What you need to do is have 2 sets revolving at once. So when I have a shower in the morning I put a set of ScarAway's on my scar, I wear all day and night (check to make sure still secure against the skin every once in awhile)...the next morning I wash the one set that was on, and put on the other set that were drying from the previous mornings wash. REPEAT DAILY.
3. Don't be cheap, if you want good results, and a quicker healing time. I originally wanted to see how long I could get the sheets to last, BUT if they are not as sticky and are tending to fall off, you are not getting the proper adhesion, therefore the healing isn't happening to its fullest. I have 2 sets revolving, and each set of sheets I use I will have in place for 1.5 to 2 weeks each. So because I am revolving sets I get 4 weeks worth from when opened (hope this makes sense).
My Doctor: Richard Baxter, MD
EXCELLENT DOC! Dr. B just preformed two surgeries on me Breast Augmentation & mini Tummy Tuck. I had 3 prior consults with highly rated docs around Seattle/Bellevue area...I just knew Dr.B was it when I met him. He's up-to date, knowledgeable, though quiet he has a great personaity and disposition. And more importantly a great surgeon with more options! Dont let any other staff personalities sway your decission, ask the doctor your questions directly ...remember nurses may not have all the answers, or the right answers. UPDATE: Excellent, personable staff & new nurse (well new to me). After over a year with Dr. Baxter as my surgeon I have given Dr. Baxter and his office staff all 5 stars. I feel comfortable and safe there, I would go to no other surgeon...even if I move I will fly back to see him.