Face Fat Transfer Too Much -- What Can I Do?

Had the full fat transfer to face two months ago....

Had the full fat transfer to face two months ago. My 50 year old face went from being slender/oval to round. Can't smile like I used to - there's simply too much fat in my face. Does not look like me at all. Very upsetting. Any help or comments from anyone who has gone through this would be very helpful.

I am now at 3 months since the fat transfer and...

I am now at 3 months since the fat transfer and there has been little change. I will have to find someone to take some fat out.

Doc is not a listener. Why would a doctor think that I would want to look like someone else. I did not communicate that at all. I was told recovery was 2 weeks to get back to normal. Not true.

I had fat transferred to my but and it seems too high up. Does it drop or go down. It's been 4 days
Does the fat transfer drop it seems too high around ny but area?
Hi all I'm a 52 yr old latin woman people think look good for my age. Me, personally I think I or just kind to start aging specially my lower checks, when I smile I don't look as attractive as I use to look in my early forties eventhought oI still look good. I' been thinking in doing fat grafting full face instead of a minifacial lift. But I'm very concern to look worse any suggestions of me what I should do.? My face is oval now . When young it was round and I did not like it.
Hello,

Here's some info for you:
1) It's past the 1 month to 6 week mark, so it's too late to disrupt the fat.
2) You could wait this out a bit because the swelling can last up to four months or so.
3) More of the fat will be reabsorbed, but I find that so many people say this and yet so many people are writing on this blog because it didn't go away!!!Mine stuck round where I didn't want it.
4) You can find doctor who does 5FU treatments to start reducing the scar tissue, which does cause some of the volume and irregularities. (I had a lot of scar tissue.)
5) You can go in and have micro-lipo done to start removing the fat. I'm doing that right now, but am a little too swollen at this point to be able to tell you how much has been reduced. I don't know at what month most doctors would be willing to start this. They may want to see this resolve a little more before trying anything more invasive.
6) Excision should be last resort.
7) Fillers can be used around irregularities and small lumps.
8) Whatever you do, please move cautiously. The revision is almost more important than the first one. Pick a reconstructive F/T expert doctor VERY carefully. It's hard to find one who wants to clean up someone else's mess - much less two different messes :).
My thread is called "Gambling with your Face" - California. You can read about the 5FU and Micro-lipo. Chin-up. It will all work out. . . but you have to be really patient at this point!
I had ft under my eyes 3.5 months ago. Most of the fat goes. Don't worry. It probably will be ok.
I did a whole face fat transfer last Christmas, my doctor told me only 20%-50% fat cell will stay live and may need to have a touch up after a year, therefore he intended to overfill. 5 days post op, my face was looked like a "witch". I was so upset and thought my face was ruin; 3 weeks post op, some of the excess fat die, my face was become so beautiful. Now has been 3 months, 80% of the fat die, my face is going back to "Normal". Now what I upset about is my money go down to the drain. You should be fine, just need to be patient.
You are lucky that the fat died and did not stay. Take your "winnings" and walk away from the table!
very true. how i wish mine had.

Welcome to RealSelf and thanks for sharing your experience, jumakekr. I'm sorry to hear about your results. You may also want to post on the Doctor Q&A Forum for some professional opinions.