Tummy Tuck... 4 weeks come Tuesday!!!

Hi all, I had my procedure 12 Mar & was so...

Hi all, I had my procedure 12 Mar & was so excited! I have waited for this for 18 years! I had my daughter young & never experienced the "bikini" life... lol... I am very fit, but no amount of exercise gets rid of stretch marks or the infamous mom pouch!

I have to say the first week was rough & I am still trying to stand up straight. Patience is the hardest thing to have right now, but I am learning to take it a day at a time & celebrate the small milestones! I hope to be fully upright by next week. I sure will be glad when the swelling goes down & I can get back into my jeans!

My concerns now are my belly button & I am a tad bit disappointed in the stretch marks I have left, but definitely better than before. I wish I knew the amount of healing time prior to surgery & I would have done it in Nov so by this time I am almost at my 6 month mark & ready for summer.

I am also a runner so I miss it & can't wait to hit the pavement! I am so glad I found this site to be able to share my experience & read about others who share the same goals, motivations, and experiences. Good luck to all the future tummy tuck survivors! :)

BTW, I also had lipo on my inner thighs and even though they are a little swollen & sore, I can see an immediate difference & I am ecstatic about that... no more thigh rub!

Almost at my 3 week mark & I wish I knew or leg...

Almost at my 3 week mark & I wish I knew or leg the following info register prior go my surgery:

1. The pain is more intense than discomfort
2. If I sneeze, cough, or throw up it will feel like I want to did & I need to brace myself & hold a pillow up to my stomach
3. I will not be able to stand straight for at least 3 weeks
4. I will swollen for up to 6 months to a year
5. I will let be able to wear anything but sweats for at least 6 weeks
6. I will have to wear the compression garment for 6 weeks
7. I have to get up & move after the drains are removed... the more I move & push through the easier it will get
8. Sitting for too long keeps me stiff... Have to move around on a routine basic
9. Patience is necessary & a must!!!!

I am sure I knew this already, but I was so excited for my new stomach I didn't really let it sink in. Week one was rough, but with each day you just get better & better!! I am so glad I can see & feel the progress during this recovery!!

Amen to that!! :)

Finally!! Come Tuesday it will be a month & I...

Finally!! Come Tuesday it will be a month & I finally feel a sense of normalcy! I am able to stand up straight & not feel so stiff when I sit for a while. I am no longer hunched over & able to move at my normal speed. I am so glad. I am still swollen, but can tell the swelling is going down. I continue to move & wear my garment religiously! I can't wait until I am comfortable in jeans... But now I will continue to wear leggings. I am also back in most of my work pants!! Bonus!! stay strong ladies!!! :) until next time!

Who was your dr? Thanks for sharing your story!
Hi, my dr was Dr. Paul Ruff located in Georgetown, Washington DC... Great dr!! :)
I started running almost 2 mths ago. I am really enjoying it and that I will miss when I get my tt done.
Yes, I miss running! :) good luck with your procedure!
thanks for sharing your tips. you r looking good
Thank you much!!
I love to run and am back at it! Ck out my profile. HAng in there. It WILL get better and you WILL run again!!
Hello lady! You look great! I can't wait to be in real people's clothes again! thanks for sharing... I can't wait to run again... My power walking begins on Monday... 1 day prior to my 3 week mark! ;)
I'm a runner too! Will you post some before pics? Or maybe I just can't see them. I had my surgery on the so we are in this together. :-) Keep up the good work! Glad you're liking your results already.
Hello! I don't have any before pixs but I will get some from my doctor. How is your recovery going? Thanks for the kudos!! :)
ok so, I had my tummy tuck with no lipo but a breast lift/reduction on March 14th and I have to say that your swelling looks so much better than mine! You already show definition which is exciting, I am having to go back to work in a week for 3 days which I am not looking forward to. I too am a runner and am missing running the half marathon I ran with my office last yr and have yet to tell all my office staff that I cant run with them in 2 weeks...bummer. I am concerned I wont be ready for summer either since we live on the lake and my kiddos are water babies in the summmer but I guess we just have to hold tight and get there. By the way, how tall and what is your weight if you dont mind...am feeling a bit depressed after seeing how good your swelling looks compared to mine...you look great!
Thanks for the kudos about the swelling! i feel so much better...I am 5'4 & 154. I carry all my weight in my butt & thighs. My waist was small except for the "mom pouch"... I wear my compression garment except when I shower. It is really needed. My dr also had me put some type of foam pads in the front & back of the garment for the first 2 weeks. I missed this years rock & roll half & hope I am able to do it next year. I can so relate to your concern about summer... I had a friend who had a tuck last year & she said around 3 months you will really see a difference. I hope so because I would hate to be swoll the entire summer! Please keep me posted on your progress!! Sending good vibes your way!!!! :)
Hey...thanks for the reply.....deep sigh...just hoping to feel good and less swollen and bloated soon. I have yet to even drive, am so exhausted...I hope that I am not the only one but this is kicking my butt! Keep me posted with your results and pray I look as good as you soon! I have yet to do the rock and roll half but would like to one day....let me know when you start running again so that I kinda of gage myself. Just rest is all I can say!
no worries! :) I am sure you will look great! I am super exhausted as well. This was my first week back to work & it's rough because I am still not walking straight up... I've been blaming my posture on my back! lol... All I can say is push through the discomfort! I have been to Wal-Mart, the mall, grocery store & to get my hair done! I am exhausted after these ventures, but with each day I feel better. I don't want to just sit because I don't want to gain weight during recovery. I will let you know when I am able to run. I plan on starting to power walk next week as long as I am standing up straight! The rock n roll marathon was great! Especially here because it falls on St. Patty's day weekend! I will post my progress & pixs weekly! Ttyl!
Ok..so you have encouraged me to get out and about but just not today, LOL. I told the kiddos that we would go to the movies on Sat. afternoon and a promise is a promise. I have been doing higher protein and lower carb so I dont gain weight and actually have lost a couple of extra pounds, my surgeon has asked me to do extra protein either with shakes or chicken for healing and since I am not running I dont need all my normal carbs. Let me know how the power walking goes, surgeon wants me to start light walking tomorrow...I feel as though I will never run again! LOL I am less swollen today....yeah!
Hello lady! I am glad you are going to get up and out the house... The moving will do you good. I too have lost some pounds but still so swollen... I just want to fit into my jeans again! lol... I am eating clean though because I didn't pay all this money & go through the pain to not keep this new belly looking good. I power walked for about 15 min today & not too bad! I hope to do more next week. I am glad you are less swollen. Let me know how your Saturday outing goes!
Do you have any before pictures for comparison? Good luck and good healing to you. I've learned so much on this website-that full results aren't achieved until probably close to 1 yr post-op. I'm hoping with this bit of information I'll be less critical of my ups & downs along the way. I sure wish I'd been given the info about this site before my BR last October. It would of saved me from freaking about every little thing.
I don't have any before pixs, but I hope to get a copy during my next dr visit. I will post then. This website is great! I have learned so much in the past few weeks! Thanks for well wishes & I hope all is well on your end!