Tummy Tuck... 4 weeks come Tuesday!!!

Hi all, I had my procedure 12 Mar & was so...

Hi all, I had my procedure 12 Mar & was so excited! I have waited for this for 18 years! I had my daughter young & never experienced the "bikini" life... lol... I am very fit, but no amount of exercise gets rid of stretch marks or the infamous mom pouch!

I have to say the first week was rough & I am still trying to stand up straight. Patience is the hardest thing to have right now, but I am learning to take it a day at a time & celebrate the small milestones! I hope to be fully upright by next week. I sure will be glad when the swelling goes down & I can get back into my jeans!

My concerns now are my belly button & I am a tad bit disappointed in the stretch marks I have left, but definitely better than before. I wish I knew the amount of healing time prior to surgery & I would have done it in Nov so by this time I am almost at my 6 month mark & ready for summer.

I am also a runner so I miss it & can't wait to hit the pavement! I am so glad I found this site to be able to share my experience & read about others who share the same goals, motivations, and experiences. Good luck to all the future tummy tuck survivors! :)

BTW, I also had lipo on my inner thighs and even though they are a little swollen & sore, I can see an immediate difference & I am ecstatic about that... no more thigh rub!

Almost at my 3 week mark & I wish I knew or leg...

Almost at my 3 week mark & I wish I knew or leg the following info register prior go my surgery:

1. The pain is more intense than discomfort
2. If I sneeze, cough, or throw up it will feel like I want to did & I need to brace myself & hold a pillow up to my stomach
3. I will not be able to stand straight for at least 3 weeks
4. I will swollen for up to 6 months to a year
5. I will let be able to wear anything but sweats for at least 6 weeks
6. I will have to wear the compression garment for 6 weeks
7. I have to get up & move after the drains are removed... the more I move & push through the easier it will get
8. Sitting for too long keeps me stiff... Have to move around on a routine basic
9. Patience is necessary & a must!!!!

I am sure I knew this already, but I was so excited for my new stomach I didn't really let it sink in. Week one was rough, but with each day you just get better & better!! I am so glad I can see & feel the progress during this recovery!!

Amen to that!! :)

Finally!! Come Tuesday it will be a month & I...

Finally!! Come Tuesday it will be a month & I finally feel a sense of normalcy! I am able to stand up straight & not feel so stiff when I sit for a while. I am no longer hunched over & able to move at my normal speed. I am so glad. I am still swollen, but can tell the swelling is going down. I continue to move & wear my garment religiously! I can't wait until I am comfortable in jeans... But now I will continue to wear leggings. I am also back in most of my work pants!! Bonus!! stay strong ladies!!! :) until next time!