Liposuction Im finally Ready to do It!! Washington, DC

I am 39yr old female weighs 148lbs. I have always...

I am 39yr old female weighs 148lbs. I have always had a big stomach/waist line. Plastic Surgeon says that I am a candidate for Tummy tuck, but not going that route. Decided on traditional lipo of upper/lower abs, and flanks (love handles) I am scared as heck. I have done a ton of research and have seen where women have died for this procedure. My fiancée and family do not agree with me doing this, however, it’s something I always wanted to do for myself. Also, I lost over 60 lbs years ago.

Ok, Surgery is scheduled for Monday April 16, 2012. I told the doctor I do not want twilight sedation. I want to take Percocet or Valium. Twilight has greater risk, per research. Also, I am going to request that he not use as much Lidocaine with the tumescent process. I read where most of the death was from over dose of Lidocaine. Maybe I’m over reacting, but I want to live after this procedure so I need to do what makes me feel more comfortable. I have been undecided for about 3 years and now I finally got the heart to do it. I will post before pictures on tomorrow and after photos next week. I had visited several lipo med spa and decided not to go that route either.

I am now at the 2 weeks Post OP and I do not think...

I am now at the 2 weeks Post OP and I do not think I will be happy with the final result. I know I still have swelling but my stomach still looks too big. I asked the doctor to take out the max which is 10-12lbs. He said I would look like a shark took a bite out of me. I did my research on the doctor and met someone that had the procedure done with using him. He is a certified plastic surgeon. I can see a drastic change in the love handles but my tummy I think could have used more liposuction.

I would not recommend him because his office staff SUCKS. His name is Jamal Youselfi in Vienna, VA. He showed up 1 hour and 15 minutes late for my procedure. He was nice before the surgery, once he found out that I was unhappy, I saw another side to him. I had to call the office 4 times for a doctor’s note to return back to work. The nursing assistant put the wrong size garment on me. This was not uncovered until 1 week after my surgery.

He allows his office staff to conduct the follow up visits? Now why in the world would I want a nursing assistant conducting a follow up to plastic surgery? She’s not trained in plastic surgery and cannot tell me how I’m going to look or if in fact something looked wrong. Also, I was told that you heal faster from laser lipo, and then you would from traditional lipo.
Well, I had laser on the lower ab and traditional on the top ab, and love handles
I healed faster in the area with traditional lipo. The lower ab is very swollen. The top has gone down significantly. I am not happy with my 2 week mark. I seen photo of others at 1 week and they looked better than me. I am not sure if I am willing to have a touch up done. Waste of 4,300 as of today. If my some miracle my tummy gets flatter, I post and update the review. As of today, NOT WORTH IT with JAMAL Youselfi!!!
Vienna Plastic Surgeon

Doctor Jamal Youselfi was 1 hour and 15 minutes late for the surgery. I asked before the procedure to take atleast 8lbs, he didn’t, he only took 5lbs. He rushed on me. Also, doctor’s office is very unprofessional, I had to call 3 times for a return to work note. Also, he allows untrained staff to conduct the 1st post op visit. I couldn’t believe his home health aide Shannon was conducting my post op appointment. I asked to see the doctor, the plastic surgeon I spent my money with. Not your home health aide. She told me that she was a trained home health aide. Shannon is extremely nice, but when I’m spending my money, I want the best of care always and I think it’s a disfavor to the customer to have them see an untrained person after plastic surgery. I think the doctor should monitor your progress. His office manager Nancy is unprofessional. very unorganized!!! I would not recommend this doctor.

Hi honey drop thanks for the kind words. I can now see more of a difference now that I'm almost 3weeks post op. I guess I could see the results due to swelling. I'm starting to see my stomach shrink. I hope and pray it law. Good luck with yours please make sure you tell the doctor to take as much fat as possible. Please buy plenty of bed covers. I call them bed pads. I brought them at a medical supply store. There was so much drainage. You will leak for 3 days
Hi, I really like your results.... I understand that you may no be happy but I can see a massive difference in your pics. I am having lipo on the 23rd of this month, its my stomach area that I want work in and if my stomach looks like yours after I will be trilled with the results :)
Taneshaastin, hi i hope the best for ur result if you smoke dont do it againg, im doing a research paper 4 college and to get lipo done as well. This is what i found:
smoke could be a particular issue of risk to optimal wound healing.
Ok thank you.
I'm going take after picture on Friday

I still swollen. Will post them
Enjoy your day
can't wait to see the after pics. did you take a day 1 pic?
Day 2, feeling pretty good. Still drainage but no pain to report to report, drove to store this morning. Follow upon Friday
I did it and no pain at all right now. Did without twilight
Im having family issues been crying. My fiancée has to work both jobs tomorrow. My mother is here but said she have to leave for a funeral. I do not know the person that died but apparently they're more important than me. I'm going to call an ambulance tomorrow. The nurses will take care of Mr show me more affection than family. I called the ambulance earlier because I got into an argument with my so called mother and my fiancée tool her side my heart was racing and it scared me. They offered to take me to hospital but I said no. The argument started because I wouldn't tell her that I had liposuction. She talks to much and would tell the rest of my family my business so I told I had a cyst removed
Anyway physically I'm find and cannot wait yo see my results. I did smoke cigarette. I feel horrible about that. Can't wait to see. Oh my doctor showed up 1 hour late for my surgery. Will post after pictures and progress.
Good luck with everything!! I know you will do great!! You are going to be sooo happy. Glad you didnt do the tummy tuck first. You can always do it later if you are not happy but it is a really invasive procedure. Let us know how you do and how you are recovering.
I'm sitting here waiting for the plastic surgeon to get started appointment was scheduled for 10:00am
Still nervous but ready to get the show on the road.

Ill post afterwards.
I had it done a week ago and I not only survived I am doing fabulous. My only word of advice to you is find a doctor who is a member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons and let him do his job. Remember, if you do your research on his creditionals then he should know how to do his job. Your 3 years of research is no where near the right doctor's education. Practice being a patient and let him/her be the doctor.
My prayers are with you and Good Luck! You will be fabulous when it's all said and done.
Thank you for the advice. You're absolutely correct. I'm really nervous and I guess the research has a lot to do with it. The doctor is a board certified plastic surgeon I checked his credentials. Also I met another liposuction survivor on real self. She went to the same doctor. Again thank you