49 Year Old with a Neck That Looked 70! - Washington, DC

I have always been told I look young for my age. I...

I have always been told I look young for my age. I inherited some good genes, tall, thin, and some bad genes, thin skin that gets lax over time and a turkey wattle neck! I would stand in front of a mirror and pull my neck skin back and I would look ten years younger! I researched possibilities such as ultherapy and after consulting with three surgeons I was told the same thing, my skin was lax and was not going to pull up enough with non surgical treatment to get any noticeable result. I finally decided to take the plunge and go for a neck lift. What I didn't know is that you don't per se get a neck lift without doing more to your face. I had what is called a MACS lift which included my neck and addressed the lower half of my face particularly early jowling (which I never noticed because I was so focused on my neck). Right now a few days after surgery I believe I did the right thing for me. Even though I'm swollen and bruised my neck looks like it did in my 20's! It is incredibly painful and I have a high threshold for pain. I'm still taking painkillers. It feels good to know that everyday my face and neck look a little better instead of looking in the mirror and thinking everyday my neck my neck looks worse! I will post some day of pics and day after pics tomorrow.

Photos before surgery

More befores

I don't have many before shots as I have avoided having my picture taken for the past year or so as I've become more self conscious of my neck.

Some After's

Day after surgery through week 1.

day 10...swelling down a lot.

2 week before and after front and side views