35 Yr Old Male, Lower Body Lift and Lipo After Loosing 190 Lbs - Washington, DC

Just scheduled a circumferential lower body lift...

Just scheduled a circumferential lower body lift with lipo for Aug 29, 2014. I'm a 35 yr old male living in Washington, DC. I lost 190 pounds after having bariatric surgery (gastric sleeve) in Feb, 2013. My weight has remained constant for the last 6 months and now I'm looking to deal with all the excess skin. I just paid my deposit and had my pre-surgical appointment last week. I've let work know and have started to make plans for my post-operative care. I started a core strengthening exercise regimen about three weeks ago and it's coming along well. My surgeon recommended I work to get 80-100 grams of protein a day. Any other suggestions on how to prepare myself for this next step?

Congratulations 2 you!
Oh my! Do you look good! So happy for you and your weight loss. I had a gastric bypass also. I lost 110 lbs and will be getting tummy tuck, arm lift, and breast lift with augment. Later I will be getting a butt lift and inner thigh lift. You look like a totally different person. My Dr. did not recognize me after my weight loss. Aug. 29th is just around the corner...I wish you all the best.
Thanks! Getting close. I'm on vacation now and am enjoying all the things I won't be able to do for the first weeks after the surgery.

Two days away from surgery.

Here's some photos from before and after my weight loss. I'm now two days away from the surgery - both excited and anxious. The photos show my weight loss over the course of 18 months.

I think you should go for a mid line tuck as this takes care of both the longitudinal and side excess skin.. You would also need a chest lift.
Thank you for the comment, but my surgery is today so this is coming a little late to make an impact on my treatment plan.
you can suggest this to your doctor. Best of luck.

Surgery went well. Recovery underway

Surgery went very well. Now four days out. Was very pleased with the quality of care I received from my surgeon and their team. Everything was explained well and I felt like they moved at a pace that was comfortable for me. The overnight in the hospital was great and in my opinion was very necessary.

The lipo areas seem to be the most painful right now. I've had a lot of bruising in those areas. I've stayed ahead of the pain meds and kept the wound areas very clean and dry. Tomorrow is my first post-op. Not sure whether they will remove the drains at this point. They're putting out much less fluid today so I remain optimistic.

Had a full shower today and it felt glorious. I have more of my hunger back and am focusing on getting my lean protein first. Also slept through the night last night for the first time, which I'm sure helps healing as well. Weighed myself today just to see how much water weight I've gained. Looks to be about 6 pounds so far, which is to be expected.

Still so glad I did this. Can't wait for healing to really be evident.

I am so glad it went well! It will take some time to really see the results like you said...swelling to go down. I can gain 5 lbs. in one day if I do not take my heart pills from water weight. I am sure I will be gaining a lot also when surgery is complete. I was happy to hear your outcome. Happy healing to you!

Still healing well

No drains out yet, but finally feeling like I have more energy. Coming along very well

You look awesome!!! Hope you feel as good as you look. What a journey you have had. Great job on your behalf. It gets better every single day. Hang in there.

Very nearly upright

Pain is getting much better and I'm almost walking upright. Hopefully drains out at my second post-op on Weds. They're still producing too much fluid.

Pretty much off the opiates now too -just Tylenol. Walking much more now. Even did some stairs today. Added even more photos. I figured people want to see how they'll look, so why not. Still lots of swelling and black and blue. Belly button healing well too.

Thanks for the support. Really means a lot. The psychological component to this is huge. So glad I have great friends and family to support.
Thanks. I have so e fluid weight but I'm not at all concerned. I'm like 3 pounds over what I weighed the day of the surgery. All in good time.

Walking upright and just had one drain removed

Healing up very well. One drain is still producing too much fluid so it will take a few more days before I can get that removed. Doing lots of walking and stairs now and it feels great to be up and about. Now I have at least four weeks in the compression garment. Fun fun,

good old compression garment....weeehaaa

Nearly three weeks post-op

feeling so much better. Went to work three days this week. Planning to go back to a full schedule next week. Still not close to feeling 100%, but I'm getting there. Swelling is way down too. Getting used to the compression outfit too.

remember low salt diet helps with the swelling! What do your friends and family think about the results?
Would love to see new photos and hear how you are doing ....swelling...bruising...having any pain?
Bruising is all gone. Still dealing with some swelling, but that's also much reduced. Pain continues, but also reduced. Feeling better every day.

5 weeks out, still some swelling, but much better

still dealing with some swelling and skin discoloration, but really happy with the results so far. Not yet back in all of me pre-surgical clothing (pants and jeans) but they're getting more comfortable and should be back in them in a few weeks. Still taking arnica and bromelain to support healing. Also still wearing the compression garment. Pain is much better too.

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

5 week photos

Your scars are coming along nicely. I can see the swelling but you are looking good!
Bethesda Plastic Surgeon

Truly excellent experience. I'd easily recommend him and his practice to others.