Lip Lift - Washington, DC

I am extremely pleased with my lip lift. I had...

I am extremely pleased with my lip lift. I had been thinking of a lip lift for a year because I was becoming increasingly insecure about my appearance, especially the space between my nose and mouth. I turned 50 and, through my researcher, read that this space gets longer as we age.
I also have a weak chin and was looking to have a chin augmentation as well. My chin reasearch led me to maxilofacial/ plastic surgeon Stephen Baker. Dr. Baker specializes in reconstructive surgery and is quite renowned for his work on cleft pallets. Although I didn't see any lip lifts in his photo gallery, I none the less felt confident that he can perform a desirable lift lift. Boy was my instinct correct! My scare is virtually unnoticeable. In fact, had I not had simultaneous procedures, I feel that I could go out in public. As much as I hated my mouth, the thought of a noticeable scar was equally daunting. If you are considering a lip lift, I gladly recommend Dr. Stephen Baker.
Where is Dr. Steven Backer located. I, too, would like to have a lift lift.
Gorgeous. I love how smooth you incision was created. Wow what a lovely doctor. I'm speechless. Congrats babe.
Thank you, ZIZI. I was so nervous about scarring because I'm African-American and have a tendency to keloid. I am elated: The scar is virtually undetectable. This doctor hands are blessed.

Day 4 of lip lift and chin augmentation

Elated with results of both procedures
iporil63, Congratulation on your LL. I can't even see any stitches and the incision is barely detectable. My lips look very similar to yours in the bf photo, and we have the same skin tone. I look forward to seeing your end result. I hope you will add more photos as you heal. Are you doing anything special to help with the healing process? Did your PS offer any suggestions to help with healing? Can you see a difference in your profile as well? Blessing.
Thank you, VILLE31. I am so pleased with my results. The picture that I have posted is literally 5 hours out of surgery. I tried to post more pics but for reasons was not able. I'll keep trying however. I love my profile now. I had a chin augmentation too as well as an eyelid lift. I highly recommend my PS and may go back for more work on my lips. My lip is still pretty long but it looks 100% better. I am going to talk to my PS about a corner lift. I'm obsessed with lips these days. Are you considering a LL?

Thank you so much for sharing on RealSelf! Are there any supplies you've found especially helpful during recovery?

new photo

Here is my progress
Sorry, I saw the front view. LOL!
No problem,Maybellineo. It's easy to miss because the incision is virtually invisible. I am amazed at the results.
Was your lip lift sub nasal? can you post a front view so we can see where your incision is?

8 days post op

I hate the way I look. I'm glad that I had my lips done but my chin augmentation makes me look like a horse. I hope it's just swelling and not a permanent look.
Yes, after the swelling went down I really liked it. I had this surgery about 20 years ago. What size & shape did your Dr. use? I would like a different shape chin now but my husband would flip out if I have any more surgery.
Lol. I'm sure you look great. I actually had a sliding geneoplasty to augment my chin instead of an implant. My goal was to mitigate a sever labiomental crease and augment a weak chin. My PS said that an implant would make the crease worse. He recommended cutting and moving the bone 10mm. I do like my profile better...it's more balanced, but me frontal view is giving me the blues. It actually makes my crease look worse..I hope it's due to the swelling. I'll posr some pics so that you can see.
Hey: Yeah, that chin augmentation is a bitch recovery. I had one & thought I looked like Dudley Doright! You might be too young to remember what I am talking about but he was a cartoon character with a huge square chin. The swelling takes about 3 months to go down because your chin is the lowest point on your face.

8 days after lip lift and sliding geneoplasty

I am still in love with my new upturn lips but my chin is giving me the blues. Here are some new photos.

8days post op

I hate my chin.
Oh, don't hate your chin. I am sure you have still a lot of swelling. Make sure you limit your salt intake. Wow I didn't know he pushed 10 mm the bone. Please take your concern to the Q/A and let those wonderful doctors to answer and put you at ease. It is easy for me to give advice but if I was you probably I will be in the mirror every second. From my surgeries I've learned to give time. I am praying for you to get soon the result you was aiming. Be blessed.
Thank you ZIZI. I am in the mirrors and taking photos every second. I think he moved it 10 mm. I feel so stupid: I didn't ask. I'm assuming bcuz he took computer images 6-10 and I chose 10. I thank you for your prayers bcuz there is no worse feeling than feeling unattractive.
Yeah, swelling distorts everything so much. You should have seen me after my lip lift surgery. My upper lip was actually touching the tip of my nose!!! 3 months later it looks great. This is really the hard part, the waiting!

12 days and I'm depressed about how I look

I am so down about my chin. I feel really self conscious about it. I hope iit's just swelling. It seems to be getting worse rather than better.
Iporil68, I agree with the other Ladies when they say wait til swelling subsides to get a better idea of your outcome. Try not to stress to much about it just yet (I know it is easier said than done!) Many Blessings to you.
Thanks for your concern VILLE33. I will dig deep and be patient. Happy Holiday!
I know this must be very upsetting for you. But I suspect like ZIZI, that there is alot of swelling especially since the swelling is getting worse. It tends to settle in our lower faces. LIke ZIZI, I will be praying for you. Have you contacted Dr. Baker about it?

20 -days post surgery

I am very happy with LL but still hate my chin. I am extremely scared that my chin will look this way forever. I hate it more than before surgery. : (
My heart just goes out to you, you have no idea. I suspect there is still lots of swelling, but please know that if for some reason what you are seeing does not resolve, there are expert plastic surgeons out there who specialize in surgery to the chin, so I know that you will not have to live with this forever, but I am still praying that it is swelling.
Thank you for your prayers.
Thanks for your kindness. I do know what you are going through, and what I said above is so true. You will not have to live with this forever. Either it is swelling, or you will have a beautiful revision one day if needed. In my case, I had nerve and muscle damage from my liplift because the doctor operated on the muscle. That damage is permanent.

27 days

My stitches have not completely disolved and I have those bumbs that I read about. Does anyone know how long it takes for the stitches to completely disolve? My chin is stil giving me the blues but it appears to look a little less bulbous. I am still praying that I will like the results once swelling is gone.
Was your lip lift $1000?? That's a good price
How is ur scar now?! Waiting ur update sis
My scar has keloid a little. I don't think the dissolving stiches were good for me. There are little bumbs caused by the stiches.
Mclean Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Stephen Baker is a genius! I'm so happy with my lip lift.