RNY at Work - Washington, DC

Always being heavy, it started to kill me within...

Always being heavy, it started to kill me within the last 3 year's. I thank God for opening the doors for me to be healed in this way. You still have to work hard and stay true to yourself. If you don't actually the surgery will bring you together..lol ask me how I know? I feel so good and alive. I don't miss the food. I'm only three months out and have some time to go, but wouldn't trade it in at all. I thank the Lord often for this new beginning. Go get yours would be my advice. Do your homework on who provides the surgery for you. They must care, not just a dollar in the pocket.
Washington Bariatric Surgeon

Best at what he do. These people played a major part in helping save my life.

Impressive! I am scheduled for surgery 2/18/14 and am a bit scared and really really nervous but I know this surgery will save my life.

Hi there, welcome!

You look wonderful, congratulations on the weight loss so far! You seem to have a positive attitude, which really helps with WLS.

How was your recovery? Did you find you had much pain and downtime?

Hey, the recovery was a bit much to handle. I didn't need the help a lot of people said i would need as far as using the rest room and bathing. You must wear the body wrap large ace band for six weeks to keep things in place. Oh boy! How that thing got on my very last nerve lol. You have to keep it on 24/7 except when bahing. Im grateful to have gotten through it. Yes, I did have pain. I stayed juiced up on Tylenol 3's for about 2weeks... It's all a process and I'm good now. I had an awesome lady that went to church with me, encourage me and helped me when I didn't know what was going on. Also, sites like this one helped as well. I'm still a babe at this. I learn new things everyday...what I found to be important, water, vitiams, meds and rest.. I received my energy level back at two months. That varies based on each individual..I hope I helped in some way..if you need more help or have questions send me messages and I'll do the best I can baseds off my experience to answer for you.

Thanks for the extra information.

I actually had the gastric sleeve done, 8 weeks ago now. I didn't have to wear a body wrap bandage though, what was that for?

I agree that the recovery is tough, it's only been the last couple of weeks that I've started to feel like myself again. There was much more pain than I thought there would be.

I had the roux en y procedure with the open incision. Since I've been reading, Doctors have different approaches. Lol..Because they had to cut my abdominal muscles, it holds the staples and stitches along with the guts in place till they settle..sounds gross..lol..

Ah okay, I guess it makes sense if you had an open surgery! Mine was laparoscopic, so no binder was needed.

Hope you're feeling well today! :-)