Cheek Lift Reality Check - Washington, DC

I am writing this to share with anyone considering...

I am writing this to share with anyone considering mid face lift/cheek lift. One has to be absolutely clear about the downtime after this surgery. While most of the websites and consultation would tell you that 2 weeks downtime is enough, that is absolutely not true. For 4 weeks I looked like old version of Mae West with huge bumps on my upper cheek.

Right now I am 6th week post-op and still cannot socialize with someone I don't want to discuss the surgery with.The swelling goes down at a glacial pace. My case got worse since I had laser under my eyes and that area got infected. While I am yet to see the final results, I was definitely not prepared for the downtime and anxiety I had to endure.

I have send my doctor's information.The staff is very helpful and the doctor seems like a nice person.8th week after my surgery he did tell me that my healing is delayed because of laser infection.My beef was about what I was told about recovery time.After the procedure, I was going through some posts on realself and the doctors did mention that you need 6 weeks to make social appearance.I hope you are light skinned as the laser caused pigmentation in my case.
I did not get any fat grafting.Be absolutely clear about your recovery time.
My doctor was completely unrealistic in his description of the aftermath too.
Who was your doctor? I'm also considering this procedure.
Hi, do you mind sharing who your doctor was? I am having a cheek lift next week in Washington, DC. Different doctors use different techniques and I am concerned that the technique my doctor uses will cause prolonged swelling and a very long recovery time, I'm wondering if it is the same Dr as he also is doing laser under my eyes. Did you have any fat grafting as well?