32AA, 325 cc HP, 30 yrs old, 5'3", 110 lbs, Petite, Active

After 3 consultations with different surgeons, I...

After 3 consultations with different surgeons, I chose Dr. Singh based on many factors. He is board certified, a clinical professor at John's Hopkins, has years of experience, and (bonus!) even performs surgery for charity internationally (yay, altruistic!); his staff is outstanding and organized; he had power point presentations ready for the consult (the entire office just has their act together); he answered all of my questions and was very professional; and most importantly for me, his recommendation balanced the reality of the limitations of my anatomy (small breast width) with the kind of results I had in mind (i.e., not just a 195 cc implant). After deliberating for all of one night, I called the office to book my surgery the very next day. The big day is in less than a month! I'm equally excited and a flipping nervous wreck!

Some wish boob photos

Background

This should have been my first post, but better late than never. I actually have never been sized for a bra because I am very self-conscious of my flatness. By guess-timation, I'm probably a 32AA. I've been the same size since freshman year of high school. It wasn't until 2007-ish (after college) that my ob-gyn diagnosed me with polycystic ovarian syndrome, which affects my natural hormone cycles. This finally explained why my breasts never developed. During all these years, I've just worn super padded, push-up bras, not to push up anything per se (nothing there), but to basically serve as prosthetic boobs. Don't get me started on swim suits. Every time I would get out of the water, it was like wringing out a beach towel's worth of water from my super padded bikini top (which btw had to fit just right so it didn't look like it was 100% padding (no easy task)). Finding fashionable clothes that covered me up in the right places has always been difficult. I hated my reflection in the mirror because I looked like a pre-pubescent girl on top. Never mind being topless in front of someone else.

I'm excited to finally be able to do this for myself, be happy with how I look, and be comfortable in my own skin.

17 Days and Counting

I'm now down to 17 days before my surgery, and it feels like eternity and too little time all at once. Gah! I am prepping by obtaining a few items in advance (listed below). What else should I consider? Suggestions are welcome and appreciated!

- bendy straws
- extra pillows
- arnica Montana 30x
- scar cream
- frozen peas (aka ice packs)
- liquified foods (apple sauce, yogurt, smoothie ingredients) (I react badly to anesthesia and will likely be nauseated and vomiting for several days post-op if the past is any indicator)
- juicer (I'm a firm believer that food heals. Bring on the green juices!)
- baby wipes
- magazines, books, other life projects to do in bed
- zip lock bags for the ride home in case I puke
- antibacterial soap

The Pre-Op

My advice: bring someone with you who has a sharp eye and can give you reliable, honest opinions. I brought my mom -- the most scrutinizing, critical person I know (in a loving way, of course). =) We met with Nicole, one of my fantastic nurses, and tried on sizers. After all of the research I had done online, I knew I wanted something around 300 ccs. My goal was to end up in the C cup range. I tried on 275 ccs, 300ccs, and 325 ccs. I really liked how 300 ccs looked on me; however, Nicole explained that implants that are placed subpectorally tend to seem smaller since the muscle on top decreases the projection of the implant. She recommended going with a 325 cc implant in order to end up with the look of 300 ccs. Being my normal, over-analytical self, I couldn't decide, and to appease me, Nicole ordered both 300 and 325 ccs so that I could decide on the day of. We went over pre-op instructions: no blood thinners, birth control, food after midnight, what to wear on the day of surgery (dark, loose clothing, button-up top, flip flops), where to park, etc. I met with Dr. Singh to go over photos I had gathered -- wish boobs (every angle possible, with and without clothes) )and boobs I didn't like (googly boobs, boobs that look like half grapefruits stuck on a person, super pointy boobs). He found this very helpful, and I would recommend everyone doing this. I later emailed those photos to him at his request and CC'd my nurse Nicole. Nicole then gave me my prescriptions to fill in advance and some complementary ice packs and off I went. 1 week 'til the big day.

Leading Up To The Big Day

I'm an obsessive planner. For vacations, I usually start packing at least one week in advance. I start purchasing stuff on Amazon a month prior. So prepping for this surgery was no exception. I ordered Arnica Montana (a natural remedy to help with bruising) and Biocorneum (silicone-based scar gel) on Amazon a few weeks ago. I figured I'd also save some money that way too. I also stocked up on fluids (sparkling water, pineapple juice (see discussion below re. pineapples), coconut water, ginger ale, and green juice). I also purchased a whole pineapple. Pineapples contain bromelain, which is believed to have anti-inflammatory effects and helps with swelling. I'm all about natural remedies. Anything I can do to avoid taking drugs that have a myriad of bad side effects, I'm all over it. On those same lines, I bought a huge bag of prunes to help with constipation due to the medications I will have to take. Again, I'm trying to stick with natural solutions instead of buying laxatives and stool softeners.

I am fortunate enough to have my mom be my caretaker while I recover. Since my nurse recommended not eating anything heavy the night before the surgery, my mom made a beef, cabbage, and carrot soup to eat that night. I couldn't get to bed early even though I had to be at the dr.'s office bright and early at 6:30 am (First operation of the day. Best time in my opinion. I wouldn't be starving, and the medical team would be fresh). I was still agonizing over which size to chose -- 300 or 325 ccs. I went to bed still undecided.
Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

I was reading your post and it sounds exactly like me (except for the POS). I always had small boobs, and once I had nursed two kids, they got even smaller, which I didn't think was possible! I had the padding, the inserts, and felt limited with what tops and bathing suits I could wear. I had always thought about surgery, but never thought I would really do it. Then I came across a medical article that had a name for really small boobs. I forget what it was, but I felt like since there was a name for what I had, I could get it fixed! It wasn't just me being vain. I had the surgery on 8/14. My intention was to have boobs the same size as they looked when I padded. I didn't want anyone to know that I had breast augmentation. After two days, I couldn't be happier. They're a little bigger than I thought, but they are still swollen. I am so excited to buy any bra I want, and have a little cleavage! I just wanted to write and say good for you. I wish you the best of luck.
Hi Pepper55! Thanks for sharing! I, too, always sort of had BA in the back of my mind (since my teenage years), but was never sure I would actually go through with it. However, here I am today with my surgery just a few weeks away. Crazy! I'm so thrilled to hear that you couldn't be happier! I'm excited for you to go shopping! Keep me updated! And thank you for the well wishes. I hope your recovery is speedy!
Since the surgery, my recovery has been really good. I've been taking the recommended supplements (Vit C, Vit A, Zinc, Bromelain, and Anica Montana) and feel great. I can do everything normally, but sleep on my stomach. I had my first post-op today, and everything looks great. My goal was to have the same boobs that have been the result of padding all these years. I really don't want my friends or coworkers to know. Right now, they are a little high, and actually look like real boobs that are in a good miracle bra! I do have a bit of swelling around my stomach, which was kind of surprising because I have worked hard to be pretty toned. I'm sure it will subside. Overall, I'm really happy. I actually wore a normal sports bra under my shirt today, which is something I never would have done in the past. Before, bras were a means to hold padding and give the impression that I had boobs. Now, a bra is unnecessary- for a good reason! :)
Hi Pepper55! Sorry that it has taken me a while to respond. That's awesome that you've been feeling great. I can only hope that my recovery will be as easy as yours. What strength of arnica are you taking -- 30x? Also, I definitely know what you mean regarding bras! I can't wait to be able to wear a bra for its intended purpose and fill it out!! I'm envious of you in a sports bra. I wish my surgery date would hurry up. :)
Congrats on picking a surgeon! Keep us posted on everything! Good luck!
Thank you, Momoftwo1986! Will do!
Don't be afraid of going big. After they settle, they'll look so natural and you may regret not going bigger. Dr. Singh has a really good eye for proportion, you made a good choice :) He and Nicole are great! (I'm 2 weeks post op rhino with him & plan on another BA with him for next summer). I can't believe you're less than a month away- how exciting! Thanks for sharing your story, looking forward to your updates.
So glad to have a fellow Dr. Singh patient on here! Nicole was/is amazing! Yeah, everyone is saying go big or go home, haha. I'm definitely leaning towards the 300 ccs.
What size are you considering? I have a small width also and my first surgeon claimed 225 was the biggest I could go (I wear 30 bras) and I got them, very small change, but my revision doc was able to fit 350 and they are NOT too big at all!!!
Hey Mamamel1974! I'm not sure yet and am stressing out about it! The range I'm considering is 275 - 300ccs. Also, my dr. recommended high profile (HP) because of my narrow width, but I'm still trying to wrap my head around that -- I'm terrified of looking overdone. My width is 10 cm. What is yours and which profile did you end up with?
Definitely HP. My width is super tiny, I'm 5'2 and 105 pounds. I wear 30 bras, but the bra lady even said I would fit in 28s, but she didn't have any. I would recommend 300 for you. Having 225 overs and then 350 under (both hp) I know that 125 CC's is not much difference, so do not stress over 25 CC's. Pick the larger. With my 225s I still needed padded push-up bras!!! But not with 350, yet even for my tiny ribcage they are not big at all and keep getting smaller as they settle (10 weeks). Check out my profile and pics. No worries. Go for 300 at least for sure!!! I gave my revision doc a max of 350 because I didn't want him to just put a much larger implant, even tho he said he didn't think he could fit 350 but I'm telling you, I'm so grateful he did and that I didn't just "settle" for his suggestion of 300 after the disappointment of my 225.
Good to know! Thanks for sharing!