Botox Has Ruined my Life - Washington, DC

1/15/2011 - Botox injected in frown lines - doctor...

1/15/2011 - Botox injected in frown lines - doctor still does not have record of how much.

1/30/2011 - Went to ER 3 times starting on this date for paralyzing back and neck pain. Eyes could not open, red swollen and oozing puss. Intense headaches, fatigue, nausea.

2/2011 - Multiple MRIs and other scans taken. On pain meds and muscle relaxers starting on this date.

2/2011 - Severe heart palpitations, hallucinations, anxiety, depression, dread/fear, suicidal ideation starting on this date and continuing to present.

2/2011 - Severe Hollowing of under eyes, Indentations formed around eyes, above lip, on cheeks, wretched sagging face all around.

To this date, I am 5 months off now and the mental symptoms are just now starting to get slightly better yet I still have crushing depression fear everyday, panic attacks and heart palps. The deformations in my face are the same.

Had to take the mirrors down in my house. I no longer go out anywhere, cannot talk to people, cannot work (am on disability). I cry every single day from the pain of this and no longer have hope that I will return to normal.

PS denies everything.

I stopped seeing docs and specialists a month ago.....they thought I had Lupus, Fibromyalgia, MS, Lymes Disease, Bipolar Disorder, Shizophrenia, ad nauseum.

I honestly do not know how I will go on like this.

The doctor I went to see said 'What do you have to lose? I can undo the hylauronic acid if it doesn't work'. That goodness I only had botox at the first appointment. The results and side effects are truly horrible. DON'T EVER HAVE BOTOX. There are hollows under my eyes and black circles under my eyes which I've never had before. Depression came and sat on me like a black dog. My neck muscles are so tense I can't believe it. I'm not sleeping. I have anxiety. I am so angry about this. I know that I have several months of this suffering to go before it starts to dissipate. Screw people who inject this poison into people and say it's fine.
Hi KaylaB,
I am sorry you had this reaction. Please let us know how you are feeling now. Did all of your symptoms resolve? I had botox in November 2010 and I am still having health problems that I believe were caused by it. I also feel it ruined my life. Unlike you it made my face look b u t ful and wrinkle free! But within hours of the injections I felt like I was getting the flu, tired achy. And even worse had crushing chest pain and difficulty breathing. I ended up in an ER and had many irregular. Heart beats and severe gas and heartburn, which i never had before at the age of 39. The difficulty breathing and chest pain woke me up for months. Weeks later i heard wheezing in my lungs and was diagnosed with asthma at the age of 40! I also had headaches through all of this which was the least of my worries. I started coughing up phlegm about 20 times a day chest xrays showed no infection. But i was put on antibiotcs several times, used a steroid inhaler 4 times a day, took antianxiety meds during breathing problems because it freaked me out, took/take a pill for asthma and a pill to sleep. I had to take a weeks worth of steroid pills a month after the toxin. It is a year and a half later, and i still take asthma meds and i cough up goo daily. I was a healthy active 39 year old, now i am afraid to work out because i get winded. I see a cardiologist, asthma specialist, and GI doctor. Thousands of dollars later and the crappy changes in my health caused by one thing. I would do anything to take back that day.
I do feel for you and hope you are better! And i believe that this toxin can cause a multiple health problems and bring on new illnesses.
Take care.

God some people love to trawl through posts and be blatantly unpleasant and provacative to inflict further misery.

So ill informed and yet so willing to share that ignorance with others.

See above.