First 5 Days - Washington, DC

I am 5 days into my recovery from upper eyelid...

I am 5 days into my recovery from upper eyelid blepharoplasty. My reason for having this procedure was droopiness. I am 47 years old and felt like my appearance was tired and when I actually was tired, it was even worse. Botox wasn't getting the job done anymore so I started consulting and decided to proceed. So far so good.

Day 5 Photo?

Day 5 photo update - stitches coming out tomorrow

Day 6, Stitches Out

Stitches Out

Feeling good but not much difference visually with the stitches out..... will update later

photo update

Day 9 - Looking Good!

Looking good

Day 9 Close-Up

Loving my eyes

As of this morning, day 9, I am completely healed on my right eye. My left eye still has a little lump in the corner by my nose, but my surgeon says it will gradually go away with ice. Also still have some bruising and swelling on my left eye. This eye was severely droopy so I'm not surprised that it is slower healing due to the removal of additional stuff (for lack of a better word). I am extremely happy and have no regrets. I am upgrading my rating due to the results vs. price and recovery time. I believe my doc should get a perfect mark!!! It is truly a miracle how easy and quick and painless this process was. I highly recommend this doctor.

Day 10

Day 15

First time with makeup

Two Weeks Post Op Photo Update

6 Weeks Post Op

Bethesda Plastic Surgeon

The office staff and medical team were wonderful and I really like Dr. Jabs personally. Just off the bat, I want to admit that I did not probe too deeply into the details of the procedure itself because I am sort of a wimp about this stuff . So I can't complain or say for sure if I was adequately prepared but I take full responsibility for that part. My research was more on the recovery process and the doctor, the practice, credentials, etc. Having said that, I am very happy to say that so far my experience has been very good. My recovery, pain-wise is as expected. The worst part of the procedure was getting the numbing shots which to me felt like the equivalent of a juvaderm injections. During the procedure and since I have felt virtually no pain whatsoever. Just a little itching, some blurred vision (still) and some swelling, minimal. Visually, the second day I was a little shocked by the reddish/purplish black color of my eyelids which was somewhat alarming. It continues to improve daily so I'm not sweating it yet but I don't think I expected it to look so severe. I will post pictures of each day and will provide a weekly update.