WARNING....THIS PRODUCT IS A COMPLETE RIP OFF!!!!

I originally wanted to reduce dark circles using...

I originally wanted to reduce dark circles using juvederm however i was convinced by the doc that the hollow of my eyes needed treatment to which he suggested Radiesse. Juvederm i was quoted $600 for a syringe & Radiesse $1400 & was told Radiesse would last up to 2 years (crap!).  He told me it would be a one off procedure but after the first session he was already suggesting i need more, meaning more money in his pocket no doubt.

It is advertised that this procedure is virtually pain free, which is a complete lie, it is very painful & what they call the follow up "message" is more like being punched in the face.

After the swelling went down i can not see any difference at all except for a lump under my right eye to which the doctors said was only swelling.  However he pressed down so hard on my face to move the production, after telling me it was "only swelling"!

This product is a complete rort & if the doctor had of told me from the beginning i needed more than one syringe i would have not bothered.  For the amount of pain & expense it is not worth it.  This product is marketed well & pushed by the doctors & is nothing more than a money making scam.  I feel completely ripped off & doctors should be sued for false advertising.

yes i bet you're making lots of money out of this scam which are leaving patients very unhappy just read the feedback the majority say Radiesse is NOT worth it!!!!
RubyRed I am thinking of getting this and yeah lots have been harmed. I DO wish there were a money-back policy. That said, I still am researching and hoping that the right injector, not the substance itself, is what makes this filler worth it. Otherwise wouldn't they all have said it sucked? And no I do not work for Radiesse but I am someone thinking of getting it (once I find the right doctor that I don't have to fly across the world to find!!!) That's why I am looking at both bad and good reviews.
All I can go by is my past experience. I have injected, literally hundreds of patients and have had favorable outcomes. I do have one thought for you to consider. Aesthetic medicine is much more than a science; it is an art, as well. Admittedly there are some excellent doctors who are not artists with their injections. Not only should you find someone with experience, but also someone who has favorable outcomes, through pictures or references. I hope this is helpful. P.S. FYI- This is not my only "likelihood." We have a very successful cosmetic surgery practice.
I understand that the injector needs to be an artist so to speak. My concern is that I am now faced with living with one cheek caved in & the other cheek robust. The doctor who did the injections is a hack & I have since learned that she has many, many complaints against her. Though, when I checked her credentials none of these complaints surfaced because they were all "settled". It is sad that we, as patients, have to suffer because of shady characters like the doctor that did my injections. I did all my research on Radiesse & did believe it was a great product. I just feel that there should be some sort of follow-up system that takes away a doctor's privlege to inject this product if the product gets a bad rap because of the manner in which it is injected.
Agree, there are michaelangelos of DR.s then there are PICASSOs! Educate yourselves!!!! PEOPLE! This is your face we are talking about! You cany slip on a sweater over it and cover it up! I've had Radiesse by a good dr. and have had excellent results. Why do you take your car to a mechanic?! BECAUSE !!!! You dont know how to fix it! You are not trained, check out the Dr.s work before you leave your "car " to be worked on!uit playing the blame game!!!!
Just so you know....glad you had a good experience but I noticed that many on here who DID research and went to a supposedly qualified doc still ended up with a horrible outcome. I have been reading this and even people who went to medispas and had an injector there had great results. What if a really good doc just has an "off" day and you bear the brunt of it? Just thinking....because the people on here right before you did do their research and still got bad results. I did no research and got good results...all pure luck.
I think she meant "livelihood"??? Anyway I don't think it IS the product, but then, it is rather hard to find references because if someone has a good doc, they don't always admit it (they want you to think it's all natural a la Hollywood fakeness!)
i know exactly how you feel i was told lie after lie first when the doc injected me he said he put in the same amount under each eye & when i went back to him complaining that he injected more product under one eye than the other he went on to say that one of my eyes was uneven hence injecting more product into my right eye than the other! either way he was not going to admit to his mistake typical doctor not taking responsibilty for the error & he is meant to be a well known cosmetic doctor in sydney so i thought i was safe, best thing you can do is slowly wait till it subsides, its been 9 weeks for me now & it has slightly got better even though one side is more obvious than the other! As for the medical practioners writing back to my blog you have nothing better to do than protect your profession & the product after all it is your likelihood! How can you just ignore so many negative experiences with this product it is clearly not safe for even the most expert doctor in the country so i have experienced!
I received injections of Radiesse on 2/17/09. During the course of the injections, I was scared to death by the doctor's approach to the application. I didn't feel comfortable as she literally attacked my face without any rhyme or reason. It didn't seem like there was a "plan". As she finished with my right cheek, & moved to my left cheek, I wanted to leave right then & there. She injected my left cheek & it immediately swelled & I felt it burst. I am now five days into the "recovery" period & am suffering a horrendous hematoma under my left eye, severe bruising & my right cheek is already looking "caved in" & unnatural. Her answer to me when I contacted her regarding my concerns were that she had put the exact same dosage into each cheek. No remorse for the botch job. Where do I go from here?
I am a very big injector of Radiesse and all of the dermal fillers. My patients think the product is fantastic. A few things regarding your treatment...it does not sound you had enough product to finish the correction. Usually I let my patients know what I feel it will take to give them the correction they are seeking prior to the treatment. An experienced injector is usually fairly accurate with estimates. There is no guarantee of course because we don't know what support you have under the skin but we can usually predict if at least one more syringe will be needed. I offer a discount if I inject a second syringe during the same treatment. It does sound like you paid considerably more than the pricing in my area. In Philadelphia, Radiesse cost is between $700 and $1000 per syringe. Regarding your pain, I mix Radiesse with lidocaine so that once the product is injected, you will be numb. We also use a topical numbing agent 30 minutes prior to treatment and ice. It is definitely a thicker product than Juvederm and hurts a bit more upon initial injection. An experienced provider would probably mix it with a small amount of lidocaine to make it very comfortable. I inject this into myself so I am giving you both the perspective of a patient and physician. You mentioned the lump under your eye during injection and the doctor pushing the area. I would say most of us mold the product as we go along. It lasts a long time and we want to make sure the product implant is smooth and well sculpted. By touching the area we can usually tell if it is swelling, bruising or the product needs molding. IF you were bleeding, the treatment is also firm pressure. Either way, molding or bruising, sounds like the doctor was using a standard technique. Regarding, longevity. It does last 12-18 months in my patients. In your case it sounds like you paid a lot of money for one syringe, needed two syringes, had a painful experience and are now taking it out on the product. Radiesse is not your problem. YOu should just ask your doctor if they would inject another syringe to complete your correction at a very hefty discount. Once you have the correct volume you will notice the difference and see a longer lasting correction than you would have achieved with a hyaluronic acid filler. If you were in my area I would help you. If you are not comforable going back to your physician, perhaps you can find another sympathetic doctor to help you complete your correction at a discount. In the end they could gain you as a new patient. Just ask them how they plan to provide you pain relief first so that you will have a better experience.
Man I need to go to Philly (used to live there) and have Victoria Falcone inject me wherever she works -- she said more in here than any doc ever did. Really it is the injector, but so hard to find one where I am. (Virginia.) And even if you do, what if they have a "bad" day and you are the victim of it?
I am a Radiesse injector and it is one of my favorite treatments to preform because of the satisfaction of my patients! The bad reviews appear to be the injectors decisions/ expertise more than the product. There is a definite learning curve in injecting this product. Always ask the injector how many of these procedures they have performed. The price varies according to the market. Our price per syringe is $775, a little more than Restylane and Juvederm, however, it goes a lot farther than the other products, making it very cost efficient. Please be "mediclly" informed before making decisions on any product.
Hi! I was a model for my doctor and had an instructor on site while administering the Radiesse. Initially it was great...the lines were gone, I looked younger and had very few side effects. Now, 2 weeks later I am extremely swollen with bluish pockets under my eyes and my eyes almost swollen shut when I wake up. Just called the doctor and hopefully she will call back. SCARED!!! Look like a freak!