So Happy They Are Out! - Walnut Creek, CA

Let me begin by thanking everyone for sharing...

Let me begin by thanking everyone for sharing their story. It's been very helpful. My story is typical: I had my children and breast fed each child for a year. I went from a C cup to an F cup with both kids. When I finished nursing altogether, I was a B cup and they were very sad looking. My neighbor had the "mommy makeover" and made it look so easy so I signed up! I wish I would have just gotten the lift like I wanted but I trusted my PS and went ahead with the smallest silicon implants and a lift. This was 9 years ago. I was happy for a while until my right breast started to hurt. Everytime I went in for a check up (7 years as it was a study) my PS said they were both fine. I ended up taking karate for four years during that time and I got a big punch right in the right breast and it's never been quite right since.

I went back to the PS, a PT, my GP and a chiropracter, and they all said I seemed fine. last November, 2013, I felt a lump in my armpit (panic!!!) and went to my GP. I had a sonogram, mammogram (and all the other grams they do when they see something on the screen). I spoke with a surgeon and he said it was probably my implant leaking. After several appointments I finally got a date to remove the implants and the bits of silicon in my armpit (they did not end up in my lymph nodes).

My surgery was 12/4/13 and it was dramatic but I am grateful that all went well. They removed the implants (right one had indeed ruptured and silicon may have travelled due to mammograms or tennis or whatever), they removed the capsules and the silicon nodules (three of them). I had a great experience even though it was painful. Kaiser took very good care of me even though I was so embarassed that I had brought this upon myself. I put my family through this (during the holidays too!) because of my vanity 9 years ago. People are going through real problems like cancer and other horrors and I am taking up time and funds because of my vanity.

I am 6 weeks post explant now and I am so happy to be rid of them! I still have pain here and there and I am missing tennis so much but I am grateful to be here and seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. It's nice to talk about it to people who understand. I went to Kohls yesterday to look for a bra(s) and I can't believe the sea of huge, molded bras that are there! What happened to the cute, cotton delicate bras for Newly B-Cupped gals? I look at our vacation pictures from last summer and I think "I looked ridiculous!!!" I look around, even in fashion mags, and everyone had boobs!!! I have a small frame and my C cups (which looked like big D cups) took over my top half. I have been telling my hubby and friends that I am now a ballerina and I am going to try out for swan lake next year! ;) I still have pain and nervousness and I have to remind myself to put my shoulders back!!! I feel the need to protect but I am hoping that will pass soon! One more thing: I loved my PS who explanted me (although he looked about 17!!!) but my husbands coverage changed from Kaiser to bluecross when they year changed. I want to see him one more time and make sure all is well but it'll be a process to extend my coverage. This site has been helpful with regards to answering questions about my scar, activity, seroma questions, going back out without the "girls", and healing expectations.

Thank you all for sharing your pictures and eperiences. ;) I wonder if anyone has experienced surgery in the armpit to remove silicon nodules and how that turned out? I am still nervous to raise my right arm all the way above my head. Anyone? :)

6.5 weeks post explant

I am looking forward to not having the random pains here and there. I know it's still early but can anyone tell me when they will magically end? :) I have post a pic of a very helpful bra as it sits nicely on the scars under my breasts and keeps everything in place (and the sports back doesn't irritate my neck). I wish I could go back in time and have a chat with my former self. I would tell her to listen to her instincts and just have the lift (and buy stock in google!!). Lol.

Great sports bra to help flatten scars. Inexpensive too! Champion from target :)

Did I mention it's great to sleep in?

Three months post op

Thank you all again for sharing your stories. It has been such a big help to hear similarities and to know that I am not alone in this. I am very grateful to be exercising, working, playing tennis and living my life again!!! It still hurts a bit when I lift my right arm above my head to put on a sports bra or other clothing, but that's fine. They had to cut into my armpit to retrieve the silicon nodules so I imagine that'll hurt for a while.

It's been a little weird walking around as a b cup instead of a big c cup. I still have no idea what size I am but I just get the Bali bras (s, m, and l). I like them because they fit tight and I feel secure and compressed. If there is anything to the notion that keeping them compressed for 6 months helps them stay "up" then I am willing to try. Nothing to lose at this point.

I didn't realize that I had been pulling my shoulders forward --- now they are back and I feel much better. My posture is back on track! Per some good advice, I avoid weights above the head and I don't do any push ups (easy to live with!). My breasts are still a little strange (I.e., bump here and there and sensation issues) but I feel like they are going to work themselves out.

Thanks again ladies!!! I wish you all success in finding your real selves again! What a learning experience this has been! :)

Two more things!!!!

Has anyone experienced their breasts spreading out? I feel like they have widened, even though they are smaller. It's been difficult trying to size myself. I have spent lots of time in the changing rooms with all sizes but hardly any feel right (except for sports bras and the Bali Easy Sizing bras (amazon.com).

Second, have you found they are more jiggly than before?? Weird. :)
Kaiser

Dr. Chen and the whole surgery center staff were amazing. Quick note: My proceedure costs included hospital and such. This was through kaiser and I am not sure how they do their billing. I had to pay about $2,000.

Oh my! You look amazing! I think the slight natural slope makes you look very feminine and sexy! Your scars are so faintly for being so new! I think they fit your body beautifully :))
Thanks - honestly, I am just so flipping happy they are gone!!! No more worries. I played tennis for 3 hours today and it was awesome!!! :)
I don't know what size I am and I really don't care at this point. I have been in dressing rooms with a million bras and they just don't feel right so I go back to my comfy Bali easy size bras. I have been sized as 38b and 34c - really?? I still fit comfortably into my 34D sports bra so who knows. I am going to give it a year and try again :)
You look like you rare healing really well, what size were your implants?x
I am not sure :( I went from a B to supposedly a C cup but some of my bras were D cups. :)
You look wonderful! How are you feeling now?
Thank you - I don't feel that way ( you are very nice). It has been very strange and I still feel guilty for all of this because it was self imposed. The things we do to look normal!! Lol. Thanks for checking in on me :) how are you??
I just have to say allmeagain, your breasts look wonderful and you have some impressive abs!!
Agree with bird7!
Thank you!!! Lol you gals are funny :) I do lots of sit ups (karate) :)
Your natural breasts are the perfect size for you! You look great! I am getting deflated today (I have saline) and explanted next week. If you don't mind me asking, what was your size before your BA?
Thank you :). I was a B cup before BA :). Happy to be there again :) good luck with you explant!
Love them. I live in the area, & have Kaiser. What Dr. performed your surgery? Im looking to remove mine and so far the price has been much more. I would really appreciate some more info. Hope to here from you.
Hi Krypto! I went through Kaiser (Dr. Chen) but they removed them because I had a rupture and they were leaking into my armpits ;( He works in Walnut Creek. Good luck!!!
Kaiser assigned me dr Chen and he is fantastic! Not every doctor knows how to take them out properly!! Be careful. Do you have saline or silicon?
Hi! I wish I could help. My surgery was whirlwind because I was leaking - felt the lumps in my armpit. Some doctors will opt to leave the lumps but some won't. I am not sure how to refer within kaiser---they are their own entity :). I think if you are in pain then they might help. I don't know though - I wish I could help. Good luck!!
They look so good. I live in the area, and have been quoted much more for the same procedure? What Dr. at Kaiser performed the surgery. Hope to hear from you soon.
If you're in the Bay Area and have Kaiser I would check out Dr. Oscar Ho at Santa Clara. I have saline, and to get them removed without replacement was very cheap.
Did they leak? How do you qualify to get them removed? I don't want anymore implants. Just looking to get rid of this discomfort. About 5 yrs ago, I was going to have a reduction through Kaiser, but the Dr. who approved me left and was replaced by Dr. Bansal who told me I dId not qualify, but slipped me his card to his private practice. I had a few more consultations with Dr.'s in the area, all wanted to lift and put implants in. I decided to go with the Dr. who performed my tummy tuck which to this day is great. He performed my friends reconstruction with implants and looked natural. I was not so fortunate. Mine were bigger than I had hoped and just not even, but can't afford more surgeries. Ive put on 10 lbs since the surgery, and am in pain. (Even with the additional healthy weight a size 2) My back, neck and breast always hurt. What is the protocol to have this procedure done with Kaiser? Do I just tell them I want them out? Where do I start?
Mine have no leak. I heard that I probably wouldn't qualify and I honestly didn't think I would because I have no leakage. I went in to the kaiser in Santa Clara office and told him I had discomfort and wanted them out withot replacement but I could only do it if insurance at least partially covered it. He said insurance did cover it, all but a small copay. I haven't gotten my surgery yet so I can't tell you how good he is but I can keep you posted.
Im in the east bay, how can I get an appt. or referred to him? I don't mind paying a copay, but can not afford to pay out of pocket, so far $7- $8,00!
Hmm I think as long as you have Kaiser you can make an appointment with any of the offices. I'm new to Kaiser so I'm not sure, but if one doctor does it, they all should. What I did was went to my primary care doctor, got a referral to the plastic surgeon, went in and told him my concerns, asked if it was covered by insurance at all and he said yes and now my surgery is booked. It was really simple actually. Just keep asking. $7000 is way too much to pay! Good luck to ya!
Your story is somewhat similar to mine in that I originally just wanted a lift and ended up with lift + implants. Big mistake! I had mine less than 7yrs and both mine were ruptured and I agree along the same lines that I look back at photos when I think I looked good and think how ridiculous I looked...lol. I had another baby after my surgery so I ended up having to do a lift revision when I explanted. Such a waste and I really destroyed my health as a result of putting something toxic inside of me. Looking back on it now it all seems so stupid. Anyway, congratulations on explanting....you look fantastic!
So appreciate you sharing your story, Allmeagain. It really does help those of us on-deck to explant and those healing. (You seem to have zero body fat everywhere else -- great work being fit. How the heck did you end up with so much boobage! *giggle*)