41 Mom of 3...finally Doing It! - jersey shore

Well it's time. Time for me to put myself first...

Well it's time. Time for me to put myself first for once. I have 3 kids 7, almost 6 and almost 4. After my first 2 natural births getting back in shape wasn't too bad. I gained 70lbs and 72lbs but I worked out really hard and got my body back. For my 3rd I had to have a c section due to a medical condition. The c section destroyed me. No matter what I do the pouch doesn't go away. It's completely obvious my abdominals are separated. I just want to be able to feel comfortable in my own skin again. To wear a regular bikini, not the shorts or skirt to hide the mess below my belly button! I have my first of 3 consultations tomorrow. My husband has a perfect body. 6 pack, muscles everywhere. We used to match, not anymore....he loves me and my body but is fully supportive. I had my breasts done in 2003. If it is feasible I may do them over as well. But in the end if I can't afford it I am absolutely 100% doing my TT! I want to thank all of you who contribute to this site. I have gained a wealth of information in a short time. I will post pics of what I look like now when I can. I will keep updating as I go on each consultation.
I do have questions about taking care of my kids after surgery. I don't need to lift them but as far as cooking, bathing them, laundry, driving etc. My husband can not take off work. He is a contractor running his own business. I can line up some family but I don't think around the clock for days... I'm also wondering if I should do it before school starts so there is less running them around for other ppl...but then I think when they are in school so at least I'll have the quiet during the day...Any advice will be appreciated!

1st consultation. ..

I absolutely love the dr. He was a wealth of information and a great listener. His office staff were extremely professional but caring and sincere. The nurse came in and asked me about my pregnancies and previous surgeries. My current weight and if i fluctuate. What my daily routine is like in general and how old my kids are. The doctor came in and gave me a general rundown of the tummy tuck procedure and removal of my old implants and new augmentation. Answered any questions i had at that point. Then the nurse took my pictures (terrifying for me). The doctor came back in a did a physical examination. He was so enthusiastic about performing the surgery. I was in excellent physical condition before kids and I showed him a pic of myself and told him that's what I want. Of course with continuing my exercise routine he said it's totally realistic! He said I don't need lipo! Most of my muscle damage is at my c section sight so he was very happy to tell me that with a full tummy tuck my results will be phenomenal! He answered more of my questions and showed me before and after pics. He is a sculptor! The soonest he had is Sept 4. I booked it even though I have 2 more consultations next week. I just figure to see what other surgeons have to say. But I feel 100% comfortable with this doctor. I only had to leave a $300 deposit and it will be refundable 2 weeks prior to surgery date. Turns out September 4 is the first day of school ????...Unfortunately they can't give you a time until the day prior to surgery. So I'm praying I won't miss sending them off..oh, he did say I will have drains for 2-3 weeks and that the first 3 days plan on doing nothing but resting! After that it gets easier. I had my boobs done 2 times already so I already know how that recovery is. My c section I don't remember being in pain just uncomfortable when moving around. I'm hoping it's similar with the TT! Any advice or info would be appreciated! Thanks for reading?

Living like this almost 4 years! I'm done!

Some pics of what I've been dealing with...

Going to Vegas!

So we decided we are going to visit our friends in Vegas the first week of December. It's our 10 year anniversary plus my hubby will be 40 at the end of November. I will be 3 months post op. I really hope my swelling will be gone! I also don't know how flying will affect my swelling at that point..Vegas is the last place on earth I want to look swollen, lol

2 more consultations! more confused!

Long story short. ..2nd ps said my scar may be higher than I expected bc I don't have any loose skin over my bb to pull down. He will get scar as low as possible. 3rd ps said he'd need to do a small vertical incision bc of skin issue! Ugh! I Don't Want a vertical incision or a high scar! So apparently I'm in too good a shape for what's needed to have the results I want but not good enough to stay this way any longer! I want to scream! Btw 1st ps didn't mention anything about my scar being higher than usual! I called his office to get some answers and the coordinator is out until Monday. Waiting game...

Getting discouraged!

So the ps I really wanted to go with is telling me this: In his experience I will have a high scar bc I don't have loose skin over my belly button! And he said he may not be able to get me as flat as I want. He probably can't get me as flat as when sucking it in. So he told me a mini (no) or look into an endoscopic tt. Another surgeon I saw told me to "suck it in"..that's as flat as I'll get. I was fine with that. Off to another consultation tomorrow! Ugh!

Doctor Godek!

Scratch everything I said before! I found my surgeon! There is a reason he is on the NJ top doctors list! He was so thorough with his examination I was there for 2 hours! And I enjoyed every second! He explained in full detail everything he will do with my TT. From the pre op appointment to recovery and beyond. I am also having him do a revision of my 11 yr old implants with a peri areolar lift. But as a separate surgery. He is double the price of the other surgeons I saw. He nor his coordinator made me feel the least bit uncomfortable about that. They completely understand and respect that I have a set budget. My tummy is the priority for sure! As a bonus he does computer simulated "after" pics. So exciting to see! My new surgery date is Sept 8! He's also removing a small hernia and a fatty tumor I have from my 15 yr old appendix surgery at no charge. My hmo won't cover it and he said since he'll be "in there" anyway he'll take care of it. That's even more reason to respect him and know he's just not in this for the $$.

paid deposit today...

I paid my deposit over the phone today. I feel so calm about it all of a sudden. I feel so confident in Dr. Godek I'm guessing that's why. My pre op appointment is August 26th. My surgery felt so far away until I made that appointment. Lol. I'm sure time will fly by!

T25!

I received my T25 workout today. Did the first dvd. Needless to say you think you're in decent shape until you try this workout, lol...just trying to get as prepared as possible for my TT!

pure trim

Giving this a try for some weight loss plus vitamins and minerals. ..heard great things about it. I'll let you know how I feel about it as I go.

wow!

Pure trim tastes delicious! I tried the milk chocolate first. Secondly within 10 minutes of finishing the shake plus 16 oz of water I was in the bathroom! It has ingredients to help cleanse the colon. I also feel like I've taken an energy pill. Not in a bad, shaky way. But definitely feel the difference. I'm making brownies and cupcakes for a party tomorrow and I can honestly say I have no desire to even lick my fingers! Normally I'd skip dinner to eat dessert! No craving, not even tempted in the least bit. For me this is HUGE! Worth the money!

I survived!

Today I had my nieces 16th birthday party. I just started my pure trim shakes yesterday. I had my morning shake today then a super healthy lunch. I made sure I was full before I got there. Your typical bbq food. Plus tons of treats! I made it through without eating any crap at all! It's totally mental for me. Even if I wasn't hungry I'd eat it bc it tastes yummy. Especially dessert! I really want to be on the right track by the time my surgery date gets here so I don't sabotage myself. Why go through all that plus pay a small fortune to just eat like crap and ruin it...I'm not saying I'll never have a treat again, I know I have to be realistic. The first couple of days are always the hardest though so I have to keep telling myself it'll all be worth it. I read so many great reviews on here and get so excited to see all the great results but I just can't believe that in 50 days I'll be one of them! It just doesn't seem real. Anyway enough babbling. Just had to get it out. I'm proud of myself for making the best decisions for my health today.

1 month til pre op!

Not much to report but I'm excited that August 25th is my pre op appointment! I had my blood work done today. 44 days from being on the flat side!
Started the pure trim shakes 6 days ago. Started at 153.4lbs this morning I am 149.6.
I'll take it! Clean eating 100 %
Want to make sure I'm in top condition for recovery. Thanks for reading!

34 more days..feels like eternity!

Still have 34 days to go before I'm on the flat side. Pre op is August 25th. I'm so excited that I feel sick, lol
Just wanted to report that I started the pure trim shakes and eating clean 17 days ago and have lost 6lbs. Started at 153.4 and today I'm 147.4 I feel so much better! I haven't been consistent with my exercise but I'm not beating myself up over it. I'm trying to get my weight down so when swell he'll hits I don't get too depressed and sabotage myself. I still can't believe my surgery is really happening! Thanks to everyone who reads my story. Your support means more than you'll ever know.

loose skin after 6lbs weight loss

Here is a disgusting pic of my belly sitting down showing my roll of skin and fat! Enjoy hehe. .

31 days pre op

19 days on pure trim and eating clean has my weight down 7lbs! I am thrilled!

30 days til I'm on the flat side!

It still feels like it's far away but 30 days will go fast...I'm so excited! Eating super clean and losing weight every day.

3 more weeks!

I can't believe by this time 3 weeks from now I will be on the flat side! Hopefully comfortably doped up in my automatic recliner, lol!
I've lost 9lbs in 29 days thanks to puretrim and clean eating! I'm going to keep going until my surgery day. I'm currently 144.6lbs
I'm trying to get down as low as I can so when swell he'll hits I'm starting from a lower #.
My ps told me his patients average an 8 to 10 lb weight loss after surgery bc the motivation is back once they see their results from the surgery. That's exactly what keeps me motivated right now. I'm not going to spend all this money to then ruin it with crap eating. I have zero cravings. That was my ultimate goal. When I'm recovering I did not want to be craving any sugar. Mission accomplished.
Monday is my pre op appointment. I'm really excited. I'll keep you posted!

I day til my pre op!

It's getting real ladies! My pre op appointment is tomorrow at 4:30! I feel like from being on this site and reading so many journeys all of my questions have been answered, lol
Yesterday I started getting my house in order. I'm still 2 weeks out but rather than exhaust myself the last week I figured I'd do one room at a time without being frantic about it. When other ppl are going to be in and out of your house taking over it helps to be organized and uncluttered. So I did my kids bathroom and laundry room yesterday. Feels better to be more organized for sure. Now to keep it that way! I'm also very excited to say that this morning I weigh 143.6lbs! Some of my pants are literally falling off me! I can actually see obliques! I'll try to get a pic but it's hard to get the right angle with my phone. I'm hoping this makes my results that much better and makes an easier job for my ps. I'll definitely update after my appointment tomorrow night! Hope all you ladies already on the flat side, still recovering are healing nicely! Thanks for reading!

pics..

It's hard to see without natural light but a lot of my upper bloating is gone and I can easily feel my obliques right under my skin. You may be able to see a faint line on my side pic. Anyway I have no doubt that after my surgery and recovery I will be well on my way to the best me I can be! Better than before kids! At least that's my goal. Especially when some people know I've had this surgery. I'm sure I'll be judged by my results. It's human nature.

pre op appointment!

It's official! I'm paid in full! I've learned so much from all you ladies on here I pretty much only needed to go to pick up my prescriptions. My surgery is scheduled for 9:15am. I need to be there at 8:15 am. They will call me the night before to confirm. I wanted to get my kids off to school before my surgery but that won't happen now since they don't get to the bus stop until 8:40. But they know I'm getting my tummy "fixed" so I know they'll be fine. The nurse explained everything that will happen when I arrive. That morning I need to pay for the surgery center and the anesthesiologist separately. I was given a beautiful 24 page booklet that explains everything from what meds to avoid pre op to healing post op and everything in between. I'm so excited that I'm dead calm. Does that make sense, lol.
The nurse did stress to me the importance of getting lots of rest. Just light walking for circulation but other than that do nothing for anyone the first week at least. She said that even if I feel great a few days later do nothing! I will pay for it later. I have help for 3 weeks. This will be the first time in my life I'm going to accept it 100%. Not screwing my results up for sure! Thanks again to all you great ladies who've shared your journeys on here!

poison ivy!

My surgery is in 10 days! Somehow, I have no idea where it came from, I have horrible patches of poison ivy in very random spots on my legs and even one one hip! I am very allergic and am always aware of my surroundings. I can't imagine where it came from! It takes weeks for it to go away in my past experience. I usually use my blow dryer to help dry it out. It is so itchy that I put prescription steroid cream on it. When my clothing rubs against it it starts itching like crazy all over again even though I have it covered. I also soak cotton balls in isopropyl alcohol and let that sit on the patches too. I really hope this won't interfere with my surgery if it ends up spreading across my tummy. I am doing everything possible to get myself fully prepared for my surgery and I know I've done all I can. Why does SOMETHING always have to happen! ? Ugh! I want to scratch it so badly, lol

poison ivy pics...

So damn itchy!

11 lbs down!

8 days from now I will be on the flat side! This week will be a little hectic getting everything with my house and kids prepared but whatever doesn't get done I will just have to let it go. I'm down 11 lbs to 142. I'm very happy with my weight loss so far. Hoping it will give me even better results! My poison ivy is horrible but I think I got it under control as far as spreading. I actually have a small patch right on my hip that I'm doing everything I can to dry it out. To have to postpone my surgery for that would be devastating. I'll keep you posted.

pre op phone call for anesthesiologist!

I got my phone call today from the surgery center for the anesthesiologist. Asked me all the usual questions about past health and current stats. I told her the only issue I have with anesthesia is feel nauseous after and she assured me they will take care of that with meds. Also said they would call me Sunday afternoon to confirm my arrival time. It's getting real ladies!

What's easier...

Is it easier to step up into an SUV or fall into a regular car after surgery?

almost time!

Last minute stuff getting done before kids get home from school. Waxed, mani and pedi, and just finished getting haircut. I have 200 loads of laundry left, lol and I think that's all I can do. Trying to make Sunday a relaxing fun day with my kids. I have to have a liquid diet that day too. Shouldn't be difficult. I'll just have 3 puretrim shakes that day.
I'll definitely post pre surgery!

8:45am surgery time!

Got the call! Need to be at surgery center 8 am Mon! I'm so excited! The nurse said since my attitude is so positive about the surgery my recovery should go smoothly and be more manageable. Attitude is everything ladies! Thanks for all your support! I'll post before I go in and then asap after I'm out!

This post goes out to all the haters...

To the women who say,"you're crazy, I'd never do that!"
To the husband's who say,"you're going to have a giant scar!"
To the mom's who say,"those stretch marks are stripes you've got to love because they are from carrying your children. "
To Anyone who questions you or tries to make us feel guilty for finally taking this huge step towards taking our bodies back and making them the way WE want them, so WE can feel sexy and confident in our own skin, I say...."SUCK IT!" YOU ARE RESENTFUL, JEALOUS and probably insecure in your own way! I feel sorry for you!
To my RS family, I am so grateful for all you wonderful ladies and a man or two, lol, for sharing your journeys. Good or bad and everything in between. You have helped me in many ways and I hope I've helped someone along the way as well. In less than 48 hours I will be in surgery. I have NEVER been more ecstatic and feel I've made the best decision for ME! Can't wait to post some after pics!

25.5 hrs til I'm on the flat side!

Good morning RS family..These are my pre surgery measurements as of this morning. I figured I'd be too nervous to do them tomorrow. Plus I don't think they'll change much. My weight is 140.8 lbs! July 19th I started eating clean and drinking the pure trim shakes. I started out at 153.4lbs. I'm thrilled with my weight loss...Under my boobs I measure 26 3/4". At my bb, which I suppose is my non existent waistline (haha) is 29 3/4" and my hips are 38". I lost a lot of inches. 1" off my ribcage, almost 4" off my waist and 3" off my hips! All with proper diet!
Now this is where my post goes down hill. My husband was against me doing this surgery. He was always on my case about me just eating right and exercising. He is a former bodybuilder. For some reason he can't get it through his thick skull that my muscles are separated, that my skin is stretched out and I can't get rid of the pooch! Of course he's told me he loves me the way I am, blah blah blah. ..He will be supportive but not happy with my decision to have my full TT with muscle repair. He thinks $11,282. Is a lot of money that can be used somewhere else. Of course all of this came out last night. I asked him if he was excited for me since I'm finally getting what I've wanted for years. He said NO! I kind of knew it since he hasn't mentioned one word about it. He told me I was doing so well with my weight loss he thinks if I'd given this effort for a year I probably would have only needed a mini. It actually turned into a pretty heated discussion. This is what I told him....THIS IS ALL ABOUT ME! I DON'T CARE WHAT ANYONE HAS TO SAY! (He was trying to insinuate to me that EVERYONE was against my decision) IF YOU CAN NOT BE FULLY SUPPORTIVE IN MY HEALING PROCESS STAY AWAY FROM ME! I DO NOT NEED ANY NEGATIVITY AROUND ME AS I'M HEALING! I DON'T NEED ANY ATTITUDE IN ANY WAY SHAPE OR FORM! He claims he'd never interfere with my recovery and that basically he would've kept his mouth shut but I asked! Omg! Like I needed this! On top of this basically he's pissed that I'm on RS and not paying enough attention to him! THE TRUTH COMES OUT! It's finally about me for once! Not him! Boy did I lay into him! By the end of the conversation he stated he's happy for me that I have the support I need from this site, that if I'm going to be a happier person in general than he's all for it and he understands that I need to feel good in my own skin. Hmmm, fast turn around I'd say, lol
Thank god I have you ladies, my closest friends and my mom and mother in law for support! This is real life ladies. It's not always a bed of roses...

pre op pics

139.8

Hi ladies! The big day is finally here! It's 6am and my surgery is at 8:45. Thanks to all you ladies who've paved the way, help me understand what I may experience and just for listening and being encouraging. .I'm surprisingly calm. That may change once I get there, lol
I'll post as soon as I'm able! Wish me luck! Oh, the title is my weight as of this morning! Yesssss!

waiting. ..

I'm waiting for the ps to come and mark me up. Running a little behind I guess. My BP is 100/66. The nurse was surprised I am so calm. I really am ready for this! Not nervous at all! See u on the flat side soon!

So tired..

I made it. I'm exhausted. I'll post tomorrow.

My surgery. .

On a side note my nurse couldn't believe i was 41! She swares i was not a day over 28! I love her, lol. I met the anesthesiologist who told me what to expect from him. He assured me he was going to take great care of me. Which he did. Like I said in my pre op post, I wasn't nervous at all. I was just ready!
So after waiting about 30 minutes from getting my IV my ps came and did my markings. He was so happy for me that I lost 14lbs. He said it's really going to make a difference. He said he'd place my scar as low as possible and I may still need a tiny vertical incision but it will be below my bikini line. He marked me for lipo although he said I won't need much on my flanks. The nurse came back and said she was going to give me some happy juice and I probably won't remember anything after that. She was right. Next thing I know someone is calling my name to wake me up in recovery. I didn't feel major pain as I woke up but it was definitely uncomfortable. Tight, burning. ..it turns out my blood oxygen levels were low. 82 to be exact. After they forced me to drink ginger ale and Graham crackers (not on my daily menu, lol) I did start to feel better. My levels went up when I was up and alert but they were still concerned bc they kept going down as I rested. In other words no pain meds until my levels went up while I was resting. They wouldn't let me go home if they were too low without being on meds bc that would lower them even further. On top of this I had fluid in my lungs. This is a double edged sword. I had fluid in my lungs bc #1 the day prior to surgery I drank almost 2 gallons of water. #2 they put 3000 ml of fluids in me for lipo...which I didn't need! After he opened me up I had zero fat! He said he cut off 7" by 3" of skin and it weighed less than 3/4 of a pound! My problem was my muscle. 3" separation!
He said my waist is so tiny and he serious believes in his 18 years of performing about 200 tummy tucks a year I will be his best patient with the greatest results! That was my goal I said...
So because I was overloaded with fluids I have a catheter in. I also have the breathing machine that prevents you from getting pneumonia. It hurts so badly to do it but I have no choice. I actually find the catheter to be a blessing because it hurts getting up. Even with my automatic recliner. After 4 hours in the recovery room my levels came back up so they gave me a percocet before I left. You know how they stress staying ahead of the pain! Well not for me! And they made me cough a few times. I can honestly say that was the most painful thing I have experienced in my life. You poor ladies that actually throw up after, I would die!
So the car ride home was tolerable enough. I had a pillow to hold over my belly. That helped a lot. Getting in and out of the truck is no joke. Walking hunched is an understatement. Thank god I have a walker. But it takes me 10 minutes to walk 20 feet. Then my arms are killing me. I'd be very happy if I'd never have to move out of my chair. But that's just not gonna happen. .my drain doesn't bother me at all. It's not putting much out either. I guess less swelling since I didn't have lipo. The pain is tolerable as long as I don't move. At all, lol
I have been taking 2 percocet every 4 hours. 1 hour later 1 Valium. It takes the edge off. That's about it. My appointment is tomorrow at 3. I'm going to talk to him about this. With all those drugs you'd think I'd be knocked out too! Nope, I probably slept for 3 hours broken up since I've been home at 5:30pm jersey time. It's 2 am as I write this. Food. I eat a piece of salt free rice cakes when I take my meds. I had 4 hard boiled egg whites and a small bowl of pineapple since I've been home. Drinking lots of water. Definitely have no appetite. But I know to heal properly we need to eat. Tomorrow I will start with my puretrim shakes again.
The hardest part I think will be sitting here resting and not being able to do anything. My mil picked up my kids from school today and brought them to her house. I told them I would be home when they got home from school and since I wasn't I didn't want them to be upset so she kept them out. But she brought them home at 8pm! Past bedtime and no homework done! I was annoyed but then realized I can't be. I need to let it go so I can heal...
My husband has been a great nurse! He's taking really good care of me. This surgery is no joke.
I have a binder on now and tomorrow I get my compression garment. I can't wait to see my tummy! He said it's so flat!
I think that's all for now...I'll post pics separately. Thanks again for all your well wishes and prayers. Xxoo

Surgery day pics

hunched!

This is louie!

kids!

My kids are being great with me. Especially my 7 year old. Really wanting to help me with anything I need. Making sure I do my breathing exercises too! My little guy who will be 4 in 19 days says in his adorable, raspy voice, "mommy, are you going to die?" Omg! He saw my drain with fluid in it and of course it's a pinkish red so he thinks I'm bleeding. Awww. Of course I'm not baby...He says ok and walks off...is it crazy that I think that's cute? Lol

coughing fit

Out of nowhere I just started coughing. Omg, the pain! Excruciating pain! Somehow I got myself to stop. I couldn't get a pillow on my tummy fast enough though. Ugh, this is not easy!

First look!

pain, pain go away!

Ugh! My doc upped my pain meds. Now I'm on 5mg valium and 10-325 percocet. We'll see how this works. I was barely getting relief from the lower doses. He's extremely happy with how my tummy looks. He just kept saying that this is swollen! It's hard in this moment to see down the road but I know this too shall pass! One thing when the nurse was putting ointment around my drain site it burned like hell! I made her wipe it off. It feels better now but man did that hurt! And I couldn't stand having the binder off, even for 10 minutes. This binder is my new best friend!

slept all day..

All I did was sleep all day today. I missed a dose of percocet but took it as soon as I woke up. I guess I needed sleep so it's a good thing. This is much harder than I expected.

drug induced stuper..

So I've been taking my pain pills round The clock since I've Been home Monday. I've been sleeping all day yesterday and so far today except to eat. When should I cut back to see if I can handle the pain?

pics from day 3

Just a pic from cleaning my bb and drain site..

extra strength Tylenol

So my last dose at 3pm I took Tylenol. My pain seems manageable. I may take a Valium to sleep tonight. I feel like I'm standing up a little straighter too. Maybe just maybe I've turned a corner??

I pooped, lol

So I had my first bowel movement. Luckily it was painless thanks to all the stool softeners!

Can't imagine eating a salad right now..

As healthy as I was eating before my surgery I can't even imagine eating grilled chicken or a salad at this point. I'm so sick of water too. My ps told me to eat whatever I can keep down at this point and get back on track as I feel better. I've been eating hard boiled egg whites and some fresh fruit. But I had a pb and jelly sandwich and grilled cheese! I know if won't kill me but I've been so strict with my diet I don't want to ruin it!
It's amazing what you think about when you have so much time on your hands.

My kids!

Dear god please, please make them stop! They are giving my mother in law such a hard time. They argue over everything, everything! I'm trying to just rest and stay out of it. But it's very difficult. Ugh! I want to scream!

My first shower!

Thank god for best girlfriends! My bff made my first shower a breeze. Although I'm now completely exhausted. She is now making me lunch. We took some pics. I'll post them now. I feel like I could sleep for the rest of the day...

After shower pics..

I slept through 2 doses of meds!

Omg, I slept through 2 alarms overnight. One for my antibiotics and the other for pain pills. Lord am I paying for it now! It hurts. Really bad. Playing catch up sucks! I took a Valium along with my percocet do hopefully it'll just knock me out!
I know it's worth it, I just keep telling myself that!

Holy swelling!

I'm resting in my recliner, eating healthy, low sodium, drinking tons of water, walking every hour or so. I'm very very tired. Here's a pic from before and 2 days after...

Going crazy!

Is anyone else going crazy not being able to do anything for themselves? I feel helpless! I want to be able to just get up and do what needs to be done! I had no idea it would be this hard! Grrrr!

Post op day 7, a better day..

So today I'm feeling better as far as my tummy tuck goes. My back on the other hand is another story. Even with the walker it's killing me. I haven't even felt like I need a Tylenol for my tummy. I may take one just for my back though. I'm going to attempt another shower today but this time going to try and shave...I'll let you know how that goes, lol
My swelling has gone down a tad bit. I also forgot to mention I got my period early so that may have added to the swelling. My next follow up appointment is tomorrow at 4:15. Hopefully my drain will come out. I've yanked it a few times while milking it, ugh. I just want it out! I can't wait to feel more normal. I did help my mil get my kids lunches made this morning. Other than my back hurting and tiring me out really fast I feel like it wasn't too much. I've been in my recliner the whole time! Other than walking to the bathroom or just stretching my legs walking to and from the kitchen. When I first wake up in the morning I feel a little stiff but I am able to stretch my body without stretching my arms over my head if you know what I mean... I will take more pics today after my shower. Thanks for reading and for all of your encouragement!

shower day!

I took a shower by myself. It was a very long and slow process. It took me one hour! And guess what I forgot once I got in the shower? Soap! Lol, so I just let the warm water wash over me. Also I attempted to shave. I missed a few spots but I do feel better. ..I couldn't get any pics though. I just didn't have the energy. I'll have my husband take pics later. Although I don't think they'll be much different than the other day. It definitely wiped me out! I need to get a cream for my back pain...I don't like taking pills at all. So I haven't even taken a Tylenol today. I feel totally fine with that. Other than my kids fighting since they've walked in the door I feel much better!

2nd post op visit. .

Well I still have my drain. Yesterday I put out 38cc of fluid and he wants less than 30 for 2 days in a row. For the past 24 hrs I put out 20cc. I have a tentative appointment for Thursday but we have to wait and see. He's pretty sure by Friday it'll be out. But of course we don't want to rush anything. He's thrilled with my results so far. I did get a blister from the tape. He said it'll just go away by itself. When my tape was removed it just felt weird. Same when he clipped my sutures. My tummy just feels weird. I don't know how else to describe it. I really don't like having my binder off. Sometimes I loosen it to breath deeper but it definitely helps me feel secure. My incision looks great on the ends but in the middle I thought I split it or something. He said that's totally normal and everything looks fantastic. I'm allowed to gently exfoliate with gauze over my incision and bb. Now when the nurse was cleaning it THAT'S really felt odd. I'm still numb so I guess that's why. ..He said nothing about standing straighter yet. Also he told me I can partially lay on my side to alleviate my back pain. Stuff a pillow under one butt cheek essentially. Now i just have antibiotic ointment on my incision with non stick pads covering it then my binder on holding it all in place. I felt ok in the car and ate sitting at the table when I got home. But now I'm exhausted! The nurse assured me every day I'll feel a little better. I know I will. It's just hard to imagine giving baths and cooking dinner again. ..I'll attach pics...thanks again for all the advice and support!

Post op day 9

So today I definitely feel like I'm moving around better. Still don't feel like I could drive or put on makeup without taking lots of breaks. But moving around the house much better. I took some pics this morning. I will post. I know I have a long way to go. So far I can't complain. I weigh myself daily so I can keep track of swelling. I was 142.4 this morning with my binder and clothes on. I know I'm not even close to my final results so I figure I'll end up in the mid 130's and that's being all flabby from not working out, lol.
That'll be almost a 20lb weight loss from when I started eating clean july 19th. Yes, I'll never forget that date. We've all had our moments but yes, I'd do it again! I'm still putting out 35cc in my drain so I need to call my nurse Fri am and let her know what the prior 24hrs put out. It looks like Monday worst case scenario. Is it annoying? Yes. But I'd rather not have swell hell! Lol
I know that can still hit so I'm eating low sodium and healthy. Hope everyone is having a great, healing day! And to those who haven't had surgery yet the best thing you can do is read every one's journeys! We are all different but it really helps to know what the possibilities are! It's helped me tremendously!
dr. godek

From the moment he started talking I knew why he is on the NJ Top Doctors list..A true expert in his field. I feel 100% confident he can give me the results I am looking for. Extremely personable and down to earth. Office staff equally welcoming.

Hi, you would have to be happy with the result so far. I am noting all your tips on solving little problems, and hope I can do as well as you after tomorrow. Love your updates, stay focused and be happy with small improvements.
Sorry about the drains today...but if there still draining its best to wait. Still,looking great!! Happy healing!!
Looking Great! Happy Continued healing.
I sware I'm going to give my kids my valium! They are giving my mil such a hard time! And my husband is DONE! It's amazing how for almost 8 years I've have interrupted sleep every single night, but for a few night's he has to deal with it it's the end of the world! Some men! Ugh! P.s. no one needs to call the authorities, I really wouldn't give my kids drugs....but on the other hand...hehehe!
Wouldn't it be nice.
Yes! I wish!
MP...sorry about the drains not coming out, but if you are still draining it is better to be on the safe side. Have heard the binder gives everyone security, that is normal, so take care of yourself and rest, each day will get better. You look awesome, such a great waist! Healing vibes to you!
Thanks!
Happy healing!
Thank you!
I've been using my heating pad on and off all morning. What a huge difference! I'm not even using my walker! I'm going to my 2nd follow up today and I'm not going to use it. When I went the day after my surgery I had it and the looks on the faces in the waiting room were priceless! Lol. Please pray that I get this damn drain taken out today! Ugh! It's very bothersome. ..
I cracked up thinking about you w the walker at the ps office! Ha! I'm glad the heat helped ur back. It helped mine a lot and I even use the heat wraps u can buy that stick on... Great in the car and when ur out and about. Keep is posted about the drains! I hope today is the day!!
Ooh, I forgot about the stick on patches! I'll get some of those today. Thanks so much! And glad I could make you laugh about the walker, if I wasn't drugged up I probably could've taken that to a whole new level in the office, lol
And my hard drugs only lasted a week then I was on ibuprofen which I only needed one more week then just paracetamol for a few nights. You will feel completely different by the end of your second week :)
I will use the heat pack today. I really don't want to take anything. It's not that I'm against drugs, I just really don't like taking pills. It's difficult for me to swallow them. Thanks for the advice!
I used a wheat pack on my back. Tied it on with a scarf. It really helped having heat. And tiger balm! THE best rub for aching backs. It really is. X
It's 4am. I just woke up to take my antibiotics but boy is my back killing me! I had to take a valium! This is so frustrating. No matter how I adjust my pillows I just can't get comfortable. I'm hoping the valium does the trick in a few minutes and helps me get back to sleep!
Aww I hope u get more strength soon. Us as parents put our spouse and kids first. Now this is our one chance to put our self first! Happy healing!
Thanks love, you are right 100%...now it's mama's turn to relax and heal!
Yes, also my ps said no ibuprofen for 2 weeks. I can use ice and heat bc I had no lipo. Kids only settle down when asleep, lol Thank god my mil can handle them. My husband would let them run the house if she wasn't here.
Glad you are getting around a lot more with better results. Keep positive. Al least you haven't grossed out the kids (as they are still normally fighting), so go with the flow and remember that at the moment, you come first.
Hahaha, I've tried to gross them out with my drain. Unfortunately they think the more disgusting the funnier it is. They take after me in that aspect!
Oh, and my PS says no ibuprofen, no alive, no heat and no ice for two weeks. ???crazy how everyone is so different. I myself love Aleve...and I have my heating pad out just in case, but with Lipo of the flanks I may not be able to use the heating pad. Best of luck with the back pain. And hope the kids settle down for you.