Well it's time. Time for me to put myself first...

Well it's time. Time for me to put myself first for once. I have 3 kids 7, almost 6 and almost 4. After my first 2 natural births getting back in shape wasn't too bad. I gained 70lbs and 72lbs but I worked out really hard and got my body back. For my 3rd I had to have a c section due to a medical condition. The c section destroyed me. No matter what I do the pouch doesn't go away. It's completely obvious my abdominals are separated. I just want to be able to feel comfortable in my own skin again. To wear a regular bikini, not the shorts or skirt to hide the mess below my belly button! I have my first of 3 consultations tomorrow. My husband has a perfect body. 6 pack, muscles everywhere. We used to match, not anymore....he loves me and my body but is fully supportive. I had my breasts done in 2003. If it is feasible I may do them over as well. But in the end if I can't afford it I am absolutely 100% doing my TT! I want to thank all of you who contribute to this site. I have gained a wealth of information in a short time. I will post pics of what I look like now when I can. I will keep updating as I go on each consultation.
I do have questions about taking care of my kids after surgery. I don't need to lift them but as far as cooking, bathing them, laundry, driving etc. My husband can not take off work. He is a contractor running his own business. I can line up some family but I don't think around the clock for days... I'm also wondering if I should do it before school starts so there is less running them around for other ppl...but then I think when they are in school so at least I'll have the quiet during the day...Any advice will be appreciated!

1st consultation. ..

I absolutely love the dr. He was a wealth of information and a great listener. His office staff were extremely professional but caring and sincere. The nurse came in and asked me about my pregnancies and previous surgeries. My current weight and if i fluctuate. What my daily routine is like in general and how old my kids are. The doctor came in and gave me a general rundown of the tummy tuck procedure and removal of my old implants and new augmentation. Answered any questions i had at that point. Then the nurse took my pictures (terrifying for me). The doctor came back in a did a physical examination. He was so enthusiastic about performing the surgery. I was in excellent physical condition before kids and I showed him a pic of myself and told him that's what I want. Of course with continuing my exercise routine he said it's totally realistic! He said I don't need lipo! Most of my muscle damage is at my c section sight so he was very happy to tell me that with a full tummy tuck my results will be phenomenal! He answered more of my questions and showed me before and after pics. He is a sculptor! The soonest he had is Sept 4. I booked it even though I have 2 more consultations next week. I just figure to see what other surgeons have to say. But I feel 100% comfortable with this doctor. I only had to leave a $300 deposit and it will be refundable 2 weeks prior to surgery date. Turns out September 4 is the first day of school ????...Unfortunately they can't give you a time until the day prior to surgery. So I'm praying I won't miss sending them off..oh, he did say I will have drains for 2-3 weeks and that the first 3 days plan on doing nothing but resting! After that it gets easier. I had my boobs done 2 times already so I already know how that recovery is. My c section I don't remember being in pain just uncomfortable when moving around. I'm hoping it's similar with the TT! Any advice or info would be appreciated! Thanks for reading?

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

Living like this almost 4 years! I'm done!

Some pics of what I've been dealing with...

You barely have a tummy but I understand you want your pre pregnancy shape. You will look even better! Congrats!
Aww, thanks so much! Yes, I'm desperate to get back to my old self! I'm so done with this!

Going to Vegas!

So we decided we are going to visit our friends in Vegas the first week of December. It's our 10 year anniversary plus my hubby will be 40 at the end of November. I will be 3 months post op. I really hope my swelling will be gone! I also don't know how flying will affect my swelling at that point..Vegas is the last place on earth I want to look swollen, lol

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

2 more consultations! more confused!

Long story short. ..2nd ps said my scar may be higher than I expected bc I don't have any loose skin over my bb to pull down. He will get scar as low as possible. 3rd ps said he'd need to do a small vertical incision bc of skin issue! Ugh! I Don't Want a vertical incision or a high scar! So apparently I'm in too good a shape for what's needed to have the results I want but not good enough to stay this way any longer! I want to scream! Btw 1st ps didn't mention anything about my scar being higher than usual! I called his office to get some answers and the coordinator is out until Monday. Waiting game...

You're ps is very lucky to start with such an awesome canvas. My incision is a little higher too but it's not bad. You will get a bonus hoochie lift. If you can, avoid the vertical scar. Also know that the TT will affect your bl since you don't have a lot of skin so if it's higher it's with it. Plus it fades and makeup will cover up a peeking line. I have today that I have butt envy. You def worked for it.
* if it's higher it's worth it.
Thank you so much for your kind words! I'm going back to ps#2 on wed with my "old" bikini bottoms to measure up where he thinks my scar may be. Plus my last consultation on thurs. Also something that is concerning me is ps#1 said total 3.5 her surgery including my breast implant revision. Cost $13300. #2 said 5 hrs and $15000. Why #1 so fast and "cheap"? He is very good and we'll known in my area....

Getting discouraged!

So the ps I really wanted to go with is telling me this: In his experience I will have a high scar bc I don't have loose skin over my belly button! And he said he may not be able to get me as flat as I want. He probably can't get me as flat as when sucking it in. So he told me a mini (no) or look into an endoscopic tt. Another surgeon I saw told me to "suck it in"..that's as flat as I'll get. I was fine with that. Off to another consultation tomorrow! Ugh!

Doctor Godek!

Scratch everything I said before! I found my surgeon! There is a reason he is on the NJ top doctors list! He was so thorough with his examination I was there for 2 hours! And I enjoyed every second! He explained in full detail everything he will do with my TT. From the pre op appointment to recovery and beyond. I am also having him do a revision of my 11 yr old implants with a peri areolar lift. But as a separate surgery. He is double the price of the other surgeons I saw. He nor his coordinator made me feel the least bit uncomfortable about that. They completely understand and respect that I have a set budget. My tummy is the priority for sure! As a bonus he does computer simulated "after" pics. So exciting to see! My new surgery date is Sept 8! He's also removing a small hernia and a fatty tumor I have from my 15 yr old appendix surgery at no charge. My hmo won't cover it and he said since he'll be "in there" anyway he'll take care of it. That's even more reason to respect him and know he's just not in this for the $$.

Hey! I was reading your info and was curious if the dr that said ull need a vertical incision is dr davis from cherry hill?
Yaaaay finally you have a set date! Now start taking a muti vitamin and vitamin C!! Okay I had one ps tell me that I wasn't a good candidate for a mini or a full tt.... I'm like whhhhaat! I had one say to me that I would have a t incision..... Then after those horrible ps's that didn't have a clue about anything or maybe they only deal with ladies that have so much to cut off. So then I went to two other ps's before choosing my amazing doctor! She said, I will have a low scar (check) I will look amazing (check). She also said there isn't a patient she hasn't closed. Also all my 5+ garments and scar treatment were included in my price. Every time go in there they are giving me something lol I love it! I picked my doctor when I was pregnant with my son and called her as soon as I was 8 weeks post baby, to get ready for my tt 3weeks later!!! I wasn't playing lol. You will have amazing results! As you're getting your surgery Done I will be on a cruise to the British virgin islands for my 30th bday :) happy 4th!!
So very happy for u!!! We are here to encourage u. I have a 15 and a 4 yr old. My 15 yr old helped so much...hubby did take a week off, and when he was back at work I was up and walking in my own but much rest is still very much needed. I had an extended tuck so it's more complex I think if u can have someone help u at least 7 days minimum you should be ok. After that, check ins from family and friends here and there wouldn't hurt. My challenge was my 4 year old hurting me....he jumped in my bed several times and man did that hurt

paid deposit today...

I paid my deposit over the phone today. I feel so calm about it all of a sudden. I feel so confident in Dr. Godek I'm guessing that's why. My pre op appointment is August 26th. My surgery felt so far away until I made that appointment. Lol. I'm sure time will fly by!

Congratulations! Your procedure is only 6 days after mine! I have the same issue, very little fat and skin. I will end up with a small vertical scar from my old BB. Which is ok, since I already have one and it doesn't bother me. surgeon said my incision will be low and where my hysterectomy scar is.
Thanks! I was very concerned about scar placement. Especially since the 2nd ps told me it would be high. But dr. Godek assured me it will be right above where my c section scar is and there is a 50/50 chance I may need a short vertical scar as well but he said it will still be well below my bikini line. I'll be looking forward to your posts!
No, it wasn't...

T25!

I received my T25 workout today. Did the first dvd. Needless to say you think you're in decent shape until you try this workout, lol...just trying to get as prepared as possible for my TT!

pure trim

Giving this a try for some weight loss plus vitamins and minerals. ..heard great things about it. I'll let you know how I feel about it as I go.

wow!

Pure trim tastes delicious! I tried the milk chocolate first. Secondly within 10 minutes of finishing the shake plus 16 oz of water I was in the bathroom! It has ingredients to help cleanse the colon. I also feel like I've taken an energy pill. Not in a bad, shaky way. But definitely feel the difference. I'm making brownies and cupcakes for a party tomorrow and I can honestly say I have no desire to even lick my fingers! Normally I'd skip dinner to eat dessert! No craving, not even tempted in the least bit. For me this is HUGE! Worth the money!

Ok, you look amazing already! You are gonna be smokin' hot when you get your surgery!
Hey how's the weight loss Coming along? Have you started t25 already? I was a p90x girl and I loved it. I've tried insanity and hip hop abs by Shawn t in the past and liked it, but his crazy jumps was too much for my knee. Anyways good luck to you!
Your going to get great results, I know it with those shakes! When you try the vanilla put one banana and one teaspoon of cinnamon along with the recommend water and ice(1 cup) its freaking amazing!! Gosh I miss that shake!! It taste like dessert!

I survived!

Today I had my nieces 16th birthday party. I just started my pure trim shakes yesterday. I had my morning shake today then a super healthy lunch. I made sure I was full before I got there. Your typical bbq food. Plus tons of treats! I made it through without eating any crap at all! It's totally mental for me. Even if I wasn't hungry I'd eat it bc it tastes yummy. Especially dessert! I really want to be on the right track by the time my surgery date gets here so I don't sabotage myself. Why go through all that plus pay a small fortune to just eat like crap and ruin it...I'm not saying I'll never have a treat again, I know I have to be realistic. The first couple of days are always the hardest though so I have to keep telling myself it'll all be worth it. I read so many great reviews on here and get so excited to see all the great results but I just can't believe that in 50 days I'll be one of them! It just doesn't seem real. Anyway enough babbling. Just had to get it out. I'm proud of myself for making the best decisions for my health today.

Please read suzqnew review. She would have preferred a lower incision WITH a vertical scar over a horizontal scar that is higher than she wanted. I personally have a very short vertical scar that can be easily covered with not too skimpy panties. Don't let a vertical scar scare you! You're going to look fab as clearly you do already!!
Aww, you're too kind! Thank you!
Hey there claireee! I love the workouts so far. Even though I feel like I'm dying, lol. I do as much as I can then modify when I have to. I yell at the TV a lot. Usually telling him he's nuts! I don't know how he can talk like nothing during the workout, lol...obviously he's in tremendous condition. I don't think I could handle the other workouts simply bc they are too long. 25 min is perfect. I'm drenched in sweat and feel like I can't do one more thing and it's over. Plus I'm usually not good sticking to working out at home. Not motivated. But knowing it's only 25 min I can deal. Honestly I'm not motivated to go to the gym bc I see all the incredible bodies and I get depressed! At the same time I have major respect and admiration but that used to be me! So after my TT I'll get back in the gym. Until then I'll continue to workout at home. No weight loss yet. But I definitely have water weight on thanks to my menstrual cycle starting yesterday. I'll definitely keep you posted. Thanks for asking!

1 month til pre op!

Not much to report but I'm excited that August 25th is my pre op appointment! I had my blood work done today. 44 days from being on the flat side!
Started the pure trim shakes 6 days ago. Started at 153.4lbs this morning I am 149.6.
I'll take it! Clean eating 100 %
Want to make sure I'm in top condition for recovery. Thanks for reading!

You are going to have amazing results! My Pre op is the day after your surgery. I cant wait to see the new you!

34 more days..feels like eternity!

Still have 34 days to go before I'm on the flat side. Pre op is August 25th. I'm so excited that I feel sick, lol
Just wanted to report that I started the pure trim shakes and eating clean 17 days ago and have lost 6lbs. Started at 153.4 and today I'm 147.4 I feel so much better! I haven't been consistent with my exercise but I'm not beating myself up over it. I'm trying to get my weight down so when swell he'll hits I don't get too depressed and sabotage myself. I still can't believe my surgery is really happening! Thanks to everyone who reads my story. Your support means more than you'll ever know.

Thanks so much! I can't wait either, lol
Thank you! I completely trust my ps to do whatever he feels is necessary. As long as it can be covered with my bathing suit and panties I really don't care about a small vertical incision. He assured me it would be. I've lost 6lbs so far so I'm hoping that will give him more skin to work with. Although I really don't have loose skin. It's more my diastasis pushing my belly out. My belly has definitely gone down since my weight loss though. Bloating gone!
Forget what I said about not a lot of loose skin, lol I've never taken a pic of it before, ugh,gross! It actually makes me happier so I can have even better results. ..I'll post pjc.

loose skin after 6lbs weight loss

Here is a disgusting pic of my belly sitting down showing my roll of skin and fat! Enjoy hehe. .

I can't wait to see your results! Don't let the haters get you down. You do what is best for you.
Don't ya just love the "dough" belly! That is exactly what my stomach looks like when I sit...
Lol..I should show ppl this pic when they tell me I don't need a TT! The thing is I'm comparing myself only to me before kids. I just want to be the best ME! Some ppl just don't care...that's what they don't understand. Good thing I don't care what anyone really thinks, lol To my face they are all supportive.

31 days pre op

19 days on pure trim and eating clean has my weight down 7lbs! I am thrilled!

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

30 days til I'm on the flat side!

It still feels like it's far away but 30 days will go fast...I'm so excited! Eating super clean and losing weight every day.

By the way...your pre kids pic???!!! Wow! I want arms like you! Big guns as we would say here in Australia!!! ;)
My advice would be to get some help for the first week!! You really can't do much on your own. I needed my partner to help me stand up, sit down, go to the toilet, get in and out of bed etc. He did everything...cooked and cleaned and our kids were sick with flu as well! I think you will find it very hard without help. I was OK the second week but the first week is quite challenging physically. Hope that helps!
Thanks so much! I do have help lined up between my mom and mother in law. My husband works a lot of hard physical labor hours so I can't rely on him for tons of help. But he'll do what's necessary. I will do my best to be patient and not overdo anything. I really want to concentrate on letting my body heal properly. I worked really hard to get my body like that before I had kids. Thanks so much for the complement. I plan on doing it again after tt. Just need to lean out again then lift heavy. I'm leaning out now and then when I have clearance going back to weightlifting. Just have to ease back into it. Today I weigh 145.2 started 3 weeks ago at 153.4!

3 more weeks!

I can't believe by this time 3 weeks from now I will be on the flat side! Hopefully comfortably doped up in my automatic recliner, lol!
I've lost 9lbs in 29 days thanks to puretrim and clean eating! I'm going to keep going until my surgery day. I'm currently 144.6lbs
I'm trying to get down as low as I can so when swell he'll hits I'm starting from a lower #.
My ps told me his patients average an 8 to 10 lb weight loss after surgery bc the motivation is back once they see their results from the surgery. That's exactly what keeps me motivated right now. I'm not going to spend all this money to then ruin it with crap eating. I have zero cravings. That was my ultimate goal. When I'm recovering I did not want to be craving any sugar. Mission accomplished.
Monday is my pre op appointment. I'm really excited. I'll keep you posted!

Wow!!! Congratulations on the weight loss! Keep up the good work :) I would KILL to be 150lbs! But I've always been on the stout and broad side (I was 180lbs and a size 6 once upon a time, how is that possible?!) I'm in the 200+ range, but I'm a firefighter, so my health is good enough for being big. But dear lord woman!!! Kudos to you for doing the T25, my friends do that and the Insanity workouts and wow!!! That is some tough stuff! The soreness of your core muscles after surgery will be NOTHING after doing the T25 :-P I bet you're gonna heal even faster since you're really on top of your health. Good luck with your pre-op! Make sure to write down as many questions as you can think of, because I got really nervous and forgot everything. Haha. P.S. In a friendly way, I think you look beautiful as is! Your body is incredible! Especially for being a mum of 3! (I think moms earn the right to have a little extra weight and that anyone who says otherwise should be punched in the face). You've definitely earned some "you" treatment and I garantee after your TT you are gonna feel -and be- smokin' hot! Especially with the extra weight loss! In fact, I bet in 2 months or so you'll be asking for advice on where to put the kids so you and hubby can go away and be teenagers for the weekend ;) Best of luck to you!!! And one more thing, sorry to write a novel here, but I have a little advice about your last question, and a story: after my first 3 days I was getting around and doing minimal chores. The first 24 hours were excruciating, I had a reaction to the anasthesia and couldn't have pain meds for a while tho. The following 2 days I was moving around a lot, which surprised the heck out of me (and that's with just using the painkillers as directed!). It feels like a blow to the ego, but having a walker doesn't hurt if you can borrow one for a little bit. If I walked around for the first 3 days, it was so much better with a cane or a walker, but after day 3 all was good. I also slept in a recliner for the first 3 days. I thought I wouldn't need something like that, but it was a lifesaver! Even though my pain was terrible on day one, I still could go to the bathroom on my own, but I had my best friend or mum a shout away if I needed help. So my advice is if you can have someone watch the lil' ones for at least the first 3 days, you can take it from there. I took my first shower on day 2 (as the doctor instructed) and I did use an "old people" shower chair, and had my friend sit on a chair outside the bathroom in case I needed help, haha. I did need help toweling off, as well as getting dressed, but with the chair I was able to manage washing myself. I bought Marena body suits (lil expensive but I would recommend them to EVERYONE!!). They're a little hard to put on when you don't have full mobility, but just incredible. So much better than the junk I was sent home with. Check out Marena if you get a chance though, suuuper comfy, I'm wearing mine right now. Plus it tucks you up perfectly so you see every gorgeous curve and what the "after" will be once you're healed. But that's my advice! Something tells me that after 3 kids and 2 natural births, you'll be on easy street really fast! Just watch those first few days. Again! Sorry for the novel!!! Hope it helps!!
Thank you sooo much for all of your advice! I have borrowed a walker, raised toilet seat and I have one of those automatic recliners! So many say these items are not necessary but I know if it will help make things easier than why not! I do have help for about 3 weeks. I'm definitely going to accept it! Normally I do everything at home but I really am taking the recovery seriously. I will feel guilty. Hell, I already do. But this is my one chance to get my body back and I'm taking it! I've been stuck at 144 for a few days. Honestly I've been slacking on the exercise. Time to get back on track. But I'm happy that I was able to lose almost 10lbs so far. I feel do much better. Some of my pants are falling off! I see a big difference in my tummy area. Below my bb is still nasty but above is so much better. I can feel my abs and see my obliques! After I'm able I plan on getting myself back to my pre baby body. I'm ready to be the best ME ever!
Yaay to getting lower numbers on the scale. Super excited for you! Keep it up. Its only going to get easier after surgery!!

I day til my pre op!

It's getting real ladies! My pre op appointment is tomorrow at 4:30! I feel like from being on this site and reading so many journeys all of my questions have been answered, lol
Yesterday I started getting my house in order. I'm still 2 weeks out but rather than exhaust myself the last week I figured I'd do one room at a time without being frantic about it. When other ppl are going to be in and out of your house taking over it helps to be organized and uncluttered. So I did my kids bathroom and laundry room yesterday. Feels better to be more organized for sure. Now to keep it that way! I'm also very excited to say that this morning I weigh 143.6lbs! Some of my pants are literally falling off me! I can actually see obliques! I'll try to get a pic but it's hard to get the right angle with my phone. I'm hoping this makes my results that much better and makes an easier job for my ps. I'll definitely update after my appointment tomorrow night! Hope all you ladies already on the flat side, still recovering are healing nicely! Thanks for reading!

pics..

It's hard to see without natural light but a lot of my upper bloating is gone and I can easily feel my obliques right under my skin. You may be able to see a faint line on my side pic. Anyway I have no doubt that after my surgery and recovery I will be well on my way to the best me I can be! Better than before kids! At least that's my goal. Especially when some people know I've had this surgery. I'm sure I'll be judged by my results. It's human nature.

You're going to have amazing results! I can't wait for you to get your surgery done!!
Thank you! Me too, lol

pre op appointment!

It's official! I'm paid in full! I've learned so much from all you ladies on here I pretty much only needed to go to pick up my prescriptions. My surgery is scheduled for 9:15am. I need to be there at 8:15 am. They will call me the night before to confirm. I wanted to get my kids off to school before my surgery but that won't happen now since they don't get to the bus stop until 8:40. But they know I'm getting my tummy "fixed" so I know they'll be fine. The nurse explained everything that will happen when I arrive. That morning I need to pay for the surgery center and the anesthesiologist separately. I was given a beautiful 24 page booklet that explains everything from what meds to avoid pre op to healing post op and everything in between. I'm so excited that I'm dead calm. Does that make sense, lol.
The nurse did stress to me the importance of getting lots of rest. Just light walking for circulation but other than that do nothing for anyone the first week at least. She said that even if I feel great a few days later do nothing! I will pay for it later. I have help for 3 weeks. This will be the first time in my life I'm going to accept it 100%. Not screwing my results up for sure! Thanks again to all you great ladies who've shared your journeys on here!

Thanks for sharing your story! I enjoyed every word!
Aww, thank you so much! I'm glad to share. Sometimes I feel like I'm going on about nothing, but I've learned so much from other people on here that I'm hoping my story will encourage someone else. I'll be keeping track of your updates too! It's such an exciting time!

poison ivy!

My surgery is in 10 days! Somehow, I have no idea where it came from, I have horrible patches of poison ivy in very random spots on my legs and even one one hip! I am very allergic and am always aware of my surroundings. I can't imagine where it came from! It takes weeks for it to go away in my past experience. I usually use my blow dryer to help dry it out. It is so itchy that I put prescription steroid cream on it. When my clothing rubs against it it starts itching like crazy all over again even though I have it covered. I also soak cotton balls in isopropyl alcohol and let that sit on the patches too. I really hope this won't interfere with my surgery if it ends up spreading across my tummy. I am doing everything possible to get myself fully prepared for my surgery and I know I've done all I can. Why does SOMETHING always have to happen! ? Ugh! I want to scratch it so badly, lol

Omg nooooo! Lol you poor thing. I never had it so I don't know what it's like. But make sure you call you ps to let him know. Not sure if they would still perform the surgery if you have that. Call and ask and keep me informed! Prayers your way!

poison ivy pics...

So damn itchy!

I feel for you! I'm very allergic as well... Good luck!!

11 lbs down!

8 days from now I will be on the flat side! This week will be a little hectic getting everything with my house and kids prepared but whatever doesn't get done I will just have to let it go. I'm down 11 lbs to 142. I'm very happy with my weight loss so far. Hoping it will give me even better results! My poison ivy is horrible but I think I got it under control as far as spreading. I actually have a small patch right on my hip that I'm doing everything I can to dry it out. To have to postpone my surgery for that would be devastating. I'll keep you posted.

I haven't been on here in a while. I can't believe how fast your surgery is approaching!
I know!! I'd be more excited if i didn't have this irritated patch on my hip. The nurse told me my healing poison ivy won't interfere with my surgery but I can't have any near my belly! Great! It doesn't even look like anything but a red patch of skin...no blisters. I think I was putting too many different things on it so it irritated it more. So as of last night I have nothing on it and it definitely is getting better. Pray it's gone by Monday! I'm ready in every other way!
Will do! I bet by Monday all will be well!

pre op phone call for anesthesiologist!

I got my phone call today from the surgery center for the anesthesiologist. Asked me all the usual questions about past health and current stats. I told her the only issue I have with anesthesia is feel nauseous after and she assured me they will take care of that with meds. Also said they would call me Sunday afternoon to confirm my arrival time. It's getting real ladies!

I hope that poison ivy heals quick for you. I'm highly allergic like you. It spread lime wild fire sometimes. I hope all turns out well for you on Monday.
Soon! Exciting times for you! How is the poison ivy?
Thanks ladies, in some spots it's drying up but it's still popping up in random patches! One came out on my ass! Lol...how, I'm clueless! I spoke to the surgery nurse today and she said it won't affect my surgery. The spot near my hip is fading nicely since I'm leaving it alone..getting some house stuff in order. Kids first day of school tomorrow. ..at least I'll have a few hours of quiet time, lol

What's easier...

Is it easier to step up into an SUV or fall into a regular car after surgery?

almost time!

Last minute stuff getting done before kids get home from school. Waxed, mani and pedi, and just finished getting haircut. I have 200 loads of laundry left, lol and I think that's all I can do. Trying to make Sunday a relaxing fun day with my kids. I have to have a liquid diet that day too. Shouldn't be difficult. I'll just have 3 puretrim shakes that day.
I'll definitely post pre surgery!

I can't wait to see your results! We have a similar build. Enjoy your weekend!
Thanks so much!

8:45am surgery time!

Got the call! Need to be at surgery center 8 am Mon! I'm so excited! The nurse said since my attitude is so positive about the surgery my recovery should go smoothly and be more manageable. Attitude is everything ladies! Thanks for all your support! I'll post before I go in and then asap after I'm out!

Best of healing to you, enjoy your weekend. And can you tell me about the Pure Trim shakes?
Ur day Almost here!!! Whoop whoop!
I know! I can't believe it! I'm soooo excited!

This post goes out to all the haters...

To the women who say,"you're crazy, I'd never do that!"
To the husband's who say,"you're going to have a giant scar!"
To the mom's who say,"those stretch marks are stripes you've got to love because they are from carrying your children. "
To Anyone who questions you or tries to make us feel guilty for finally taking this huge step towards taking our bodies back and making them the way WE want them, so WE can feel sexy and confident in our own skin, I say...."SUCK IT!" YOU ARE RESENTFUL, JEALOUS and probably insecure in your own way! I feel sorry for you!
To my RS family, I am so grateful for all you wonderful ladies and a man or two, lol, for sharing your journeys. Good or bad and everything in between. You have helped me in many ways and I hope I've helped someone along the way as well. In less than 48 hours I will be in surgery. I have NEVER been more ecstatic and feel I've made the best decision for ME! Can't wait to post some after pics!

You go girl!! So excited to see your results. Sending prayers your way.
I COULDN'T AGREE MORE!!!
Good for you and your positive comments! It baffles me when people are judgemental about something they know nothing about! Not LONG now!!! Good luck!! Xx

25.5 hrs til I'm on the flat side!

Good morning RS family..These are my pre surgery measurements as of this morning. I figured I'd be too nervous to do them tomorrow. Plus I don't think they'll change much. My weight is 140.8 lbs! July 19th I started eating clean and drinking the pure trim shakes. I started out at 153.4lbs. I'm thrilled with my weight loss...Under my boobs I measure 26 3/4". At my bb, which I suppose is my non existent waistline (haha) is 29 3/4" and my hips are 38". I lost a lot of inches. 1" off my ribcage, almost 4" off my waist and 3" off my hips! All with proper diet!
Now this is where my post goes down hill. My husband was against me doing this surgery. He was always on my case about me just eating right and exercising. He is a former bodybuilder. For some reason he can't get it through his thick skull that my muscles are separated, that my skin is stretched out and I can't get rid of the pooch! Of course he's told me he loves me the way I am, blah blah blah. ..He will be supportive but not happy with my decision to have my full TT with muscle repair. He thinks $11,282. Is a lot of money that can be used somewhere else. Of course all of this came out last night. I asked him if he was excited for me since I'm finally getting what I've wanted for years. He said NO! I kind of knew it since he hasn't mentioned one word about it. He told me I was doing so well with my weight loss he thinks if I'd given this effort for a year I probably would have only needed a mini. It actually turned into a pretty heated discussion. This is what I told him....THIS IS ALL ABOUT ME! I DON'T CARE WHAT ANYONE HAS TO SAY! (He was trying to insinuate to me that EVERYONE was against my decision) IF YOU CAN NOT BE FULLY SUPPORTIVE IN MY HEALING PROCESS STAY AWAY FROM ME! I DO NOT NEED ANY NEGATIVITY AROUND ME AS I'M HEALING! I DON'T NEED ANY ATTITUDE IN ANY WAY SHAPE OR FORM! He claims he'd never interfere with my recovery and that basically he would've kept his mouth shut but I asked! Omg! Like I needed this! On top of this basically he's pissed that I'm on RS and not paying enough attention to him! THE TRUTH COMES OUT! It's finally about me for once! Not him! Boy did I lay into him! By the end of the conversation he stated he's happy for me that I have the support I need from this site, that if I'm going to be a happier person in general than he's all for it and he understands that I need to feel good in my own skin. Hmmm, fast turn around I'd say, lol
Thank god I have you ladies, my closest friends and my mom and mother in law for support! This is real life ladies. It's not always a bed of roses...

pre op pics

Good luck!!
Something that occurred to me as I read this, is he may be afraid he'll lose you. That something may go wrong during surgery or you'll look so good after surgery you'll get a lot of attention. It sounds like insecurity to me and not so much that he doesn't want the best for you. Some guys just don't know how to verbalize emotions and in turn twist it to make it sound like it's something you are doing wrong. Once you come out of surgery and are ok, I bet he'll be there for you. If not, send him to me and I'll have a talking to with him!
Lol, you are 100% correct!

139.8

Hi ladies! The big day is finally here! It's 6am and my surgery is at 8:45. Thanks to all you ladies who've paved the way, help me understand what I may experience and just for listening and being encouraging. .I'm surprisingly calm. That may change once I get there, lol
I'll post as soon as I'm able! Wish me luck! Oh, the title is my weight as of this morning! Yesssss!

Good luck!
Good luck today! Can't wait to hear about your progress:)
Thanks! I'm ready!

waiting. ..

I'm waiting for the ps to come and mark me up. Running a little behind I guess. My BP is 100/66. The nurse was surprised I am so calm. I really am ready for this! Not nervous at all! See u on the flat side soon!

Hope*
Im dying to hear from you!!!! Hipe everything went smoothly!
Just found your story....because of all the RS family....and also wishing you the 'best'! Can't wait to see your results. Also why were you against the mini tuck? That was what i was thinking you were needing....just my thoughts! You will look FAB!

So tired..

I made it. I'm exhausted. I'll post tomorrow.

The first few days are rough. Don't get discouraged. Happy healing. You will be looking so hot in no time!!!
Hope u are doing well. The first 21st week is the worst and the 2nd and 3rd your back will kill. It gets better. I'm almost 5 weeks PO and feel normal again. Glad u made it to the flat side! ! Can't wait to see pics
Happy healing! !!

My surgery. .

On a side note my nurse couldn't believe i was 41! She swares i was not a day over 28! I love her, lol. I met the anesthesiologist who told me what to expect from him. He assured me he was going to take great care of me. Which he did. Like I said in my pre op post, I wasn't nervous at all. I was just ready!
So after waiting about 30 minutes from getting my IV my ps came and did my markings. He was so happy for me that I lost 14lbs. He said it's really going to make a difference. He said he'd place my scar as low as possible and I may still need a tiny vertical incision but it will be below my bikini line. He marked me for lipo although he said I won't need much on my flanks. The nurse came back and said she was going to give me some happy juice and I probably won't remember anything after that. She was right. Next thing I know someone is calling my name to wake me up in recovery. I didn't feel major pain as I woke up but it was definitely uncomfortable. Tight, burning. ..it turns out my blood oxygen levels were low. 82 to be exact. After they forced me to drink ginger ale and Graham crackers (not on my daily menu, lol) I did start to feel better. My levels went up when I was up and alert but they were still concerned bc they kept going down as I rested. In other words no pain meds until my levels went up while I was resting. They wouldn't let me go home if they were too low without being on meds bc that would lower them even further. On top of this I had fluid in my lungs. This is a double edged sword. I had fluid in my lungs bc #1 the day prior to surgery I drank almost 2 gallons of water. #2 they put 3000 ml of fluids in me for lipo...which I didn't need! After he opened me up I had zero fat! He said he cut off 7" by 3" of skin and it weighed less than 3/4 of a pound! My problem was my muscle. 3" separation!
He said my waist is so tiny and he serious believes in his 18 years of performing about 200 tummy tucks a year I will be his best patient with the greatest results! That was my goal I said...
So because I was overloaded with fluids I have a catheter in. I also have the breathing machine that prevents you from getting pneumonia. It hurts so badly to do it but I have no choice. I actually find the catheter to be a blessing because it hurts getting up. Even with my automatic recliner. After 4 hours in the recovery room my levels came back up so they gave me a percocet before I left. You know how they stress staying ahead of the pain! Well not for me! And they made me cough a few times. I can honestly say that was the most painful thing I have experienced in my life. You poor ladies that actually throw up after, I would die!
So the car ride home was tolerable enough. I had a pillow to hold over my belly. That helped a lot. Getting in and out of the truck is no joke. Walking hunched is an understatement. Thank god I have a walker. But it takes me 10 minutes to walk 20 feet. Then my arms are killing me. I'd be very happy if I'd never have to move out of my chair. But that's just not gonna happen. .my drain doesn't bother me at all. It's not putting much out either. I guess less swelling since I didn't have lipo. The pain is tolerable as long as I don't move. At all, lol
I have been taking 2 percocet every 4 hours. 1 hour later 1 Valium. It takes the edge off. That's about it. My appointment is tomorrow at 3. I'm going to talk to him about this. With all those drugs you'd think I'd be knocked out too! Nope, I probably slept for 3 hours broken up since I've been home at 5:30pm jersey time. It's 2 am as I write this. Food. I eat a piece of salt free rice cakes when I take my meds. I had 4 hard boiled egg whites and a small bowl of pineapple since I've been home. Drinking lots of water. Definitely have no appetite. But I know to heal properly we need to eat. Tomorrow I will start with my puretrim shakes again.
The hardest part I think will be sitting here resting and not being able to do anything. My mil picked up my kids from school today and brought them to her house. I told them I would be home when they got home from school and since I wasn't I didn't want them to be upset so she kept them out. But she brought them home at 8pm! Past bedtime and no homework done! I was annoyed but then realized I can't be. I need to let it go so I can heal...
My husband has been a great nurse! He's taking really good care of me. This surgery is no joke.
I have a binder on now and tomorrow I get my compression garment. I can't wait to see my tummy! He said it's so flat!
I think that's all for now...I'll post pics separately. Thanks again for all your well wishes and prayers. Xxoo

Surgery day pics

hunched!

This is louie!

Wow, I'm going to be one year post op in a week or so and i'm killin time perusing this board while drinking coffee before the kids get up...LOVED your blog/posts/enthusiasm. Keep it up and keep doing this for YOU! I loved your post about ignoring the haters..I can not tell you how I can't stand the "I earned my tiger stripes" crap. LOL. Yeah go keep em....I had the same situation as you - with the muscle separation there was NO getting past (no matter how hard i worked out or how clean I ate) the sagging skin. Yes this surgery knocks us off our feet for a good while AND costs a pretty penny BUT you are doing it for you and you won't regret it. I'm so glad you laid into your hubby when he stepped out of check. He prolly had a minute of worry and that's how it came across. When he sees you happy, he will know there wasn't any other way. Happy healing and you will have amazing results but also this will make you soo much more excited about yourself and your health. Keep it up! :xoxo
Thank you so much! I appreciate your kind words. I agree, my husband was scared and now that it's done he's been a great nurse. My ps told him how awesome I look, super flat and tiny. Big smile, lol
Yah!!! Keep resting! You are going to look amazing! U were already tiny!

kids!

My kids are being great with me. Especially my 7 year old. Really wanting to help me with anything I need. Making sure I do my breathing exercises too! My little guy who will be 4 in 19 days says in his adorable, raspy voice, "mommy, are you going to die?" Omg! He saw my drain with fluid in it and of course it's a pinkish red so he thinks I'm bleeding. Awww. Of course I'm not baby...He says ok and walks off...is it crazy that I think that's cute? Lol

You poor thing!!!! Oh my gosh…your son and his comment….so sweet. That's so something my 4 year old would say too lol. I can't wait for you to post pics of your after tummy! You're so right…this surgery is no joke. No matter how healthy you are or how in shape you are…it just takes a toll on your body doesn't it. Glad you have a walker too…that really helped. When do you get to shower? I am so happy to hear what your surgeon said….his best outcome in his 18 years of work?? That's quite a compliment. Congrats to you for working so hard prior and being at the healthiest weight possible….that definitely lends a hand to having excellent results. I can't wait to see your results! How are you feeling today? Remember to take a stool softer or two with EVERY pain pill you pop. The last thing you want to be doing is straining. The shakes absolutely help with healing and energy levels and cleansing of course…but because you're putting so many drugs in your system during this time period you need the stool softeners too. And you're right….coughing is MISERABLE. Rest up today, take it easy, keep me posted xxoo
Congrats lady! Can't wait to see the results. Happy healing!!
Welcome to the flat side! I had the breathing machine too. HATED it! I had to get to 2000 and it almost killed me! It's sitting on my nightstand. Just remember, this is all about you! I knew your hubby would take good care of you! Let him and your kids do everything! Hugs!

coughing fit

Out of nowhere I just started coughing. Omg, the pain! Excruciating pain! Somehow I got myself to stop. I couldn't get a pillow on my tummy fast enough though. Ugh, this is not easy!

I am in a lot of pain. I haven't even had a shake yet. I'm drinking lots of water and I actually had to have some juice bc I felt like I was going to pass out. I had some raspberries and pineapple earlier. Then had a few hard boiled egg whites. But I just had some Graham crackers. I feel like I need something more substantial but nothing too heavy. My mom who's supposed to be taking care of me is now sick as a dog. My dad is leaving work now to come and get me to take me to my follow up. My mother in law has my son all day and then has to take my girls to dance and gymnastics tonight. I have no one to help me now...my husband has back to school night for our kids. This is just great! Guess I'll just sit here in my chair and eat Graham crackers til he gets home, lol
I wish I could somehow. I'm so sorry…I know what it feels like to be a burden and completely useless why everyone else around you has so much to get done and you're not able to help like you normally could. But remember…you NEED to recover. You need to heal. However long that takes. You'll only get one shot at recovery and you don't want to compromise your results…so even in a few days as your strength starts to come back a little….take it easy. And yes eat bread crackers chips something substantial. You're absolutely right. Don't worry about gaining weight…in all likelihood you will lose weight during recovery even in spite of bread and crackers, etc. Ok I've gotta run to work…and I've got an awful paper cut on my finger and typing hurts! lol ok sorry…no where NEAR as painful as what you're going through. I'll check in on you later tonight when I get home xxoo

First look!

U look great! So flat I can't even tell u swollen!
Bruised and all you look awesome! Can you imagine what you will look like in 3 months?!?!?!
Definitely flat and Beautiful. I need these abs :)

pain, pain go away!

Ugh! My doc upped my pain meds. Now I'm on 5mg valium and 10-325 percocet. We'll see how this works. I was barely getting relief from the lower doses. He's extremely happy with how my tummy looks. He just kept saying that this is swollen! It's hard in this moment to see down the road but I know this too shall pass! One thing when the nurse was putting ointment around my drain site it burned like hell! I made her wipe it off. It feels better now but man did that hurt! And I couldn't stand having the binder off, even for 10 minutes. This binder is my new best friend!

Hey girl. Im in St. Thomas and have signal and had to check you out!! You look amazing!! I'm happy for you!!
Thanks sweetie! I am in so much pain. I slept all day today. I guess that's a good thing. Enjoy your cruise! Xxoo
Wow looking good!!

slept all day..

All I did was sleep all day today. I missed a dose of percocet but took it as soon as I woke up. I guess I needed sleep so it's a good thing. This is much harder than I expected.

You are looking fabulous I had mine done tuesday the 9th and this is no joke...I have not had a peek to see what is going on so hopefully today I will. They said no shower for first 72 hrs so iam so ready for one, sponge bathing is just not the same. Thoughts and prayers your way for a safe and speedy recovery.
The worst is over! Welcome to the flat side!! It might help of you set a timer on your phone to 15 minutes before your pain meds are due. It's okay to take them 15 minutes early, this way you're never in pain. I did that for about 5 days and life was fairly easy. Just relax, don't rush to walk upright, let your body tell you when it's ready! I was mostly upright at about 9 days... Just had the tired looking slump! You'll be where we are before you know it! It's a very long healing process, but you'll be happy that you did it! Happy healing!
ah, bless your heart! I pray that each day gets better for you in regards to your pain. You look amazing!!! :)

drug induced stuper..

So I've been taking my pain pills round The clock since I've Been home Monday. I've been sleeping all day yesterday and so far today except to eat. When should I cut back to see if I can handle the pain?

I slept almost all day except to eat too. Around 4 days I cut back... And on day 5 pretty much stopped. I would talk the pain meds at night ache that, and ibuprofen during the day. Your body needs sleep to heal, so don't fight it!

pics from day 3

Just a pic from cleaning my bb and drain site..

Your tummy looks great!!! Sleep is good and healing. You'll know because you'll think it's time to take the pill and you'll feel you don't need it quite yet. Interesting how different people react to pain. I have had virtually zero pain with the exception of the back spasms. But it's good you are willing to take the pain meds and stay on top of it. It will get better. Hang in there.

extra strength Tylenol

So my last dose at 3pm I took Tylenol. My pain seems manageable. I may take a Valium to sleep tonight. I feel like I'm standing up a little straighter too. Maybe just maybe I've turned a corner??

Sexxy flat abs and your bb looks great. Normal :0)

I pooped, lol

So I had my first bowel movement. Luckily it was painless thanks to all the stool softeners!

The back pain was the worse for me too, and the tightness. My incision never bothered me! I sat on the heating pad for 6 weeks I think! Lol... I was pulled so tight with the muscle repair, I swear it pulls on your back.

Can't imagine eating a salad right now..

As healthy as I was eating before my surgery I can't even imagine eating grilled chicken or a salad at this point. I'm so sick of water too. My ps told me to eat whatever I can keep down at this point and get back on track as I feel better. I've been eating hard boiled egg whites and some fresh fruit. But I had a pb and jelly sandwich and grilled cheese! I know if won't kill me but I've been so strict with my diet I don't want to ruin it!
It's amazing what you think about when you have so much time on your hands.

Eat it if you crave it,don't go cold turkey,1 day won't hurt your results.:) Hang in there. It gets BORING&the waiting is EXCRUCIATING!!! Sweet Dreams!
Hi, Your family must be pleased to see the 'new you'. It looks great. Who needs to eat anyway. You will never go back to your old 'unhealthy side' again, so bear with it and things will get better. Let your body be your guide during its recovery period. Just keep your fluids up to prevent dehydration and eat solids when and if you feel like it. We all are following your progress , so stay positive.

My kids!

Dear god please, please make them stop! They are giving my mother in law such a hard time. They argue over everything, everything! I'm trying to just rest and stay out of it. But it's very difficult. Ugh! I want to scream!

Family can be so difficult. You don't need that crap right now. My in-laws tried to upset me a few days after and I put my foot down and said I'm not dealing with you all and your childishness. Hang in there sweetie. Tell then to take it elsewhere!
Kids are just being kids, and in laws are not as good as us parents, right? Haha...hang in there, it will get better. Glad you got some sleep. Hugs to you, and you look awesome....great abs and BB

My first shower!

Thank god for best girlfriends! My bff made my first shower a breeze. Although I'm now completely exhausted. She is now making me lunch. We took some pics. I'll post them now. I feel like I could sleep for the rest of the day...

You look great! Rest, rest, rest. And try not to stress (I know it's hard).

After shower pics..

Wow your stomachs looking really impressive
Looking great!
Thanks!

I slept through 2 doses of meds!

Omg, I slept through 2 alarms overnight. One for my antibiotics and the other for pain pills. Lord am I paying for it now! It hurts. Really bad. Playing catch up sucks! I took a Valium along with my percocet do hopefully it'll just knock me out!
I know it's worth it, I just keep telling myself that!

I know I'm not supposed to weigh myself but I couldn't help myself. Up 7lbs. I know it's swelling. I'm trying to eat tons of protein. It's hard. This whole process. I know I'll get through it.
I took pain medication before bed every night for probably 2 weeks... And when I woke up I would take ibuprofen before I even got up. You're so stiff in the morning. Hope you get some relief and a nap! Your body needs all this sleep, probably why you slept through the alarms! I was probably 3 months before I had my full energy back, takes forever. I know I took a nap everyday for probably a month too!
Everyone is out of the house thank god! Nap time here I come! Thanks do much for all your advice. I just read your whole journey. You look great! As u can see I also have a vertical incision so my horizontal scar could be low as possible. I'm not too concerned. I know it'll fade nicely. My tape comes off Tues so I'm hoping my incision is nice and thin. I have help for 2 more weeks. I'm not doing a damn thing before that!

Holy swelling!

I'm resting in my recliner, eating healthy, low sodium, drinking tons of water, walking every hour or so. I'm very very tired. Here's a pic from before and 2 days after...

I'ts OK to worry about the daily house problems, but don't dwell on them Things will work themselves out. Those around you love you and want to help where they can Accept their assistance with grace. You have to be happy with your new shape (shower photos), they look amazing. Your scar is nice and low and symmetrical. You are doing great. Stay positive and yes if you want to let off steam, then the RS supporters are here for you. Small steps and look forward to each day. I will be watching with interest.
Thank you so much! It's now 4 am here in nj and I missed my alarm AGAIN to take my pain meds! I don't know how but I guess I'm so tired I just turn it off in my sleep. So I just cleaned by bb and my drain site. Put more neosporin on and new coverings. I'm hurting. It feels like my ribs hurt and down by my incision. I'm also starved. So eating Graham crackers right now probably isn't going to help my swelling. But I can't imagine eating a hard boiled egg or something. One other thing that is bothering me is this....my MIL is the greatest. She's the only one I can truly count on to help me take care of my kids. My husband is fine when he's home but he has his own business and he works a lot. My own mom has back issues. I posted earlier how she is out of commission from back pain for the past few and next few days. Well my sister in law who knows exactly what I'm going through asks me if I can have someone else take care of the kids bc she wants to go to an Eagles concert and wants to take her mom on Thursday. ..now no one believes more than me that she (my mil) deserves a great night out, but if I had options I wouldn't be solely relying on her! I may sound selfish, but I told my Sil that I don't have anyone. Maybe she could find someone else to go with her. It's not that her mom even wants to go, it's just she has no one else to go with her. Trust me, I plan on sending my MIL on a cruise or something awesome for a thank you gift. She's very happy to help me. We have a great relationship. She tells me she loves me like her own daughter. I feel exactly The same way. I'm also thinking it may be a little jealousy on my Sil part?? Her kids are teenagers and she doesn't need her mom as much for babysitting, etc... But this will also be MY last hoorah getting the help I need from her as well. My other Sil is having a baby in Nov. Which is why I needed to have my TT scheduled for now! Anyway, I don't mean to sound selfish and like I'm babbling on. It is 4am and now the pain meds are kicking in. I'm going back to sleep. Thanks for listening! Hope this post made some sense, lol

Going crazy!

Is anyone else going crazy not being able to do anything for themselves? I feel helpless! I want to be able to just get up and do what needs to be done! I had no idea it would be this hard! Grrrr!

No I don't. It's ok to feel helpless but it you think of it as healing, you are far from helpless. You are helping your body do what it needs to do. So, relax and let everyone take care of you. It's ok and you are given permission. Once you change your attitude from helpless to helping your body heal, you can relax!!! You deserve it!!! Remember....when you let go of the person you were, you become the person you were meant to be!!!
I know you're right. It's much harder with having little kids at home I think. I still need to make sure all their school stuff is done and they are getting what they need. I honestly only trust my mil to do all that. She just got here. My husband had them out all day at the park. It's crazy when they are home. My tummy feels weird too. It feels like it's not attached to me. And I use a walker to get around and I'm exhausted after one minute! Is this normal?
I felt the same way with the tummy and exhausted after walking 10 steps! I promise it will get better. Hang in there!

Post op day 7, a better day..

So today I'm feeling better as far as my tummy tuck goes. My back on the other hand is another story. Even with the walker it's killing me. I haven't even felt like I need a Tylenol for my tummy. I may take one just for my back though. I'm going to attempt another shower today but this time going to try and shave...I'll let you know how that goes, lol
My swelling has gone down a tad bit. I also forgot to mention I got my period early so that may have added to the swelling. My next follow up appointment is tomorrow at 4:15. Hopefully my drain will come out. I've yanked it a few times while milking it, ugh. I just want it out! I can't wait to feel more normal. I did help my mil get my kids lunches made this morning. Other than my back hurting and tiring me out really fast I feel like it wasn't too much. I've been in my recliner the whole time! Other than walking to the bathroom or just stretching my legs walking to and from the kitchen. When I first wake up in the morning I feel a little stiff but I am able to stretch my body without stretching my arms over my head if you know what I mean... I will take more pics today after my shower. Thanks for reading and for all of your encouragement!

I hope you feel better. Try to rest& hang in there,
Yeah the back pain probably comes from being hunched over.
Sorry about the back pain. That seems to last for a while. I would sit on the heating pad and take pain pills just for that. Hang in there, the worst in behind you :-) everyday now will get easier!!

shower day!

I took a shower by myself. It was a very long and slow process. It took me one hour! And guess what I forgot once I got in the shower? Soap! Lol, so I just let the warm water wash over me. Also I attempted to shave. I missed a few spots but I do feel better. ..I couldn't get any pics though. I just didn't have the energy. I'll have my husband take pics later. Although I don't think they'll be much different than the other day. It definitely wiped me out! I need to get a cream for my back pain...I don't like taking pills at all. So I haven't even taken a Tylenol today. I feel totally fine with that. Other than my kids fighting since they've walked in the door I feel much better!

I've been using my heating pad on and off all morning. What a huge difference! I'm not even using my walker! I'm going to my 2nd follow up today and I'm not going to use it. When I went the day after my surgery I had it and the looks on the faces in the waiting room were priceless! Lol. Please pray that I get this damn drain taken out today! Ugh! It's very bothersome. ..
I cracked up thinking about you w the walker at the ps office! Ha! I'm glad the heat helped ur back. It helped mine a lot and I even use the heat wraps u can buy that stick on... Great in the car and when ur out and about. Keep is posted about the drains! I hope today is the day!!
Ooh, I forgot about the stick on patches! I'll get some of those today. Thanks so much! And glad I could make you laugh about the walker, if I wasn't drugged up I probably could've taken that to a whole new level in the office, lol

2nd post op visit. .

Well I still have my drain. Yesterday I put out 38cc of fluid and he wants less than 30 for 2 days in a row. For the past 24 hrs I put out 20cc. I have a tentative appointment for Thursday but we have to wait and see. He's pretty sure by Friday it'll be out. But of course we don't want to rush anything. He's thrilled with my results so far. I did get a blister from the tape. He said it'll just go away by itself. When my tape was removed it just felt weird. Same when he clipped my sutures. My tummy just feels weird. I don't know how else to describe it. I really don't like having my binder off. Sometimes I loosen it to breath deeper but it definitely helps me feel secure. My incision looks great on the ends but in the middle I thought I split it or something. He said that's totally normal and everything looks fantastic. I'm allowed to gently exfoliate with gauze over my incision and bb. Now when the nurse was cleaning it THAT'S really felt odd. I'm still numb so I guess that's why. ..He said nothing about standing straighter yet. Also he told me I can partially lay on my side to alleviate my back pain. Stuff a pillow under one butt cheek essentially. Now i just have antibiotic ointment on my incision with non stick pads covering it then my binder on holding it all in place. I felt ok in the car and ate sitting at the table when I got home. But now I'm exhausted! The nurse assured me every day I'll feel a little better. I know I will. It's just hard to imagine giving baths and cooking dinner again. ..I'll attach pics...thanks again for all the advice and support!

Hi, you would have to be happy with the result so far. I am noting all your tips on solving little problems, and hope I can do as well as you after tomorrow. Love your updates, stay focused and be happy with small improvements.
Sorry about the drains today...but if there still draining its best to wait. Still,looking great!! Happy healing!!

Post op day 9

So today I definitely feel like I'm moving around better. Still don't feel like I could drive or put on makeup without taking lots of breaks. But moving around the house much better. I took some pics this morning. I will post. I know I have a long way to go. So far I can't complain. I weigh myself daily so I can keep track of swelling. I was 142.4 this morning with my binder and clothes on. I know I'm not even close to my final results so I figure I'll end up in the mid 130's and that's being all flabby from not working out, lol.
That'll be almost a 20lb weight loss from when I started eating clean july 19th. Yes, I'll never forget that date. We've all had our moments but yes, I'd do it again! I'm still putting out 35cc in my drain so I need to call my nurse Fri am and let her know what the prior 24hrs put out. It looks like Monday worst case scenario. Is it annoying? Yes. But I'd rather not have swell hell! Lol
I know that can still hit so I'm eating low sodium and healthy. Hope everyone is having a great, healing day! And to those who haven't had surgery yet the best thing you can do is read every one's journeys! We are all different but it really helps to know what the possibilities are! It's helped me tremendously!

sneezing!

Omg, I just sneezed for the first time! Don't do it! I didn't even think about it...but when I felt it coming I said "oh no" out loud, I'm all alone, lol!
It hurt! I actually took off my binder to feel my stitches to make sure they didn't pop, lol
Sounds silly but it hurt that bad! Just stop it if you can!

I felt a sneeze come on Sunday and hubby and I were in the bathroom. I leaned on the counter for support, ready for the attack, rubbed my nose and the sneeze went away! Unreal!
Oh you poor thing! I'm glad you're getting around better and feeling a little better every day. Your pictures look great!

went out for the first time. ..

My bff took me to the pharmacy today. I was out for about 30 minutes. I leaned on a carriage when I needed to. It felt good to get out but I've been in my recliner since! But I think just moving around a little more each day is a good idea to build up stamina. ...

Hey girlie! Yes, sneezing is out of control pain lol. I learned to bend over as fast as you can and get a pillow then sneeze. It helps with support!! Even coughing! You look amazing! Make sure you let your wounds air dry after your shower. Are you taking vitamin c everyday? Super important. Make sure you get up every hour to move around to help the healing process. I was never in any pain with the tummy tuck but it's probably because I had the pain pump. You're looking awesome!! I'm three months today!!!
You are looking so well mommypet! Thank you for keeping us posted on your recovery. Continue to heal and know that you are not alone in your recovery journey.
You are looking Amazing :) Get your rest,i know it gets BORING!! But the wait is worth it :) Happy Wednesday!

overdid it today!

Between the sneeze and the going out to the pharmacy plus doing more around the house I'm definitely feeling sore tonight. And I just yelled at my girls who were tucked in over an hour ago! I'm sick of no one listening and I basically can't go upstairs and do anything about it! And it hurt to yell which pisses me off even more! Just having a hard night...

slept on the couch

Last night I couldn't stand to be in my recliner again. So me and my pillows moved to the couch. It was very comfortable bc I could stretch out a little more plus I could lay tilted to one side better. I'm still very hunched so I can't stand up or walk for long. I got a blister from my tape which the ps said was normal and it would go away on its own. It definitely is healing but it hurts. It's very uncomfortable. Today I weigh 141 fully dressed with binder on. Definitely flabby though. Yuck, lol...Can't wait to be able to stand up straight and just take a walk! I'll take more pics after my shower later..

Hang in there. Wishing you a speedy recovery,

day 11 post op..

Feeling pretty good today. I was able to make my kids lunches and breakfast this morning. My mil still comes over to help which is great bc I've only been upstairs twice. So she gets their teeth brushed and helps get them dressed. Trying not to put too much pressure on my incision.
I am having a small issue with one suture. It's right under my left boob and it's sticking into me and it hurts! I can actually feel it bc I have thin skin. Don't know if there will be anything that can be done about that without a scalpel being involved? Hmmm. .I may be getting my drain out today. I have a call into the office. I am getting my hair washed and flat ironed today at the salon. I'm so looking forward to that! I took a shower yesterday but I couldn't get any good pics so I'll try again later. I'm happy to report that I weigh less today then I did on surgery day! Happy healing!

11 days post op, and you way less! Super way to go, and happy mil is still able to help some with the children. Have enjoyed your journey. Keep sharing, and hope that stitch gets handled quickly.
I hope you rps can address that suture. Enjoy your beauty day,i LOVE getting my hair done. TGIF!
It sounds like every day is getting better! Getting your hair done will be a nice treat. I hope the drains come out so you can shower more comfortably and feel better. It will make a difference and things will start falling into place much easier. Rest up while you can!

Holy s#@t! My drain removal HURT!

I've done so much research on the tummy tuck procedure for many months prior to my surgery. All aspects including drain removal. Well the only comments I recall about drain removal are "it's a weird feeling" "It doesn't hurt at all" "my tummy was numb so I didn't even feel it"
Well let me tell you that's not my experience at all! I'm sure there are different types of drains. Mine was very long, flat and wide! So the nurse comes in and tells me to exhale repeatedly fast until she tells me to stop. Like when you're giving birth...so she starts pulling! Shit! It took 7 long exhales! If felt like a major burning sensation at the incision. I immediately broke out into a cold sweat! The nurse felt really bad. She said that is absolutely the worst part of the surgery. .I totally agree! So my ps comes in and says he hides until the nurses are done taking out the drain bc it makes his patients hate him for the moment. .obviously he was being funny, but it really did hurt. Since I don't read anyone having an experience like me I wouldn't worry about it at all.
As far as everything else he's thrilled with my results so far. I'm down 2 lbs from my surgery day weight. He keeps telling me I'm still puffy so I'm going to look absolutely amazing when I'm healed. Since I have no more drain now I need to be very aware of overdoing it. Obviously since I've lost weight already swelling hasn't been an issue. I also believe 100% since I didn't need lipo that made all the difference. He wants me to keep putting neosporin on my incision and cover it up. Every few hours he wants me to take off my binder for a few minutes. I was out of it at his office for about 20 min and I was ok with that. Last week I was not so I see progress there. I drove myself today for the first time and I felt fine doing it. Moving really slow in and out of truck. But now I'm absolutely exhausted! He said I can try standing up straighter but it'll be 2 or 3 more weeks before I find myself standing totally straight. I go back to him next Thursday so he said he will discuss releasing me for more activities. Thanks for reading!

You look amazing! Things get much better now that the drains are gone. I agree, it hurts like anything! Happy healing :)
I had 3 drains. 2 of them hurt. 1 of them didn't. But it was very fast when they pulled mine. Sorry you had that hurtful experience. The worst is behind you now :)
So happy your drains are out. I having my TT with lipo on November 21, so I will remember about the drains. Was the removal of the drain at least kind of fast??? I'm having lipo, ugh.

13 days post op!

I slept in my bed last night for the first time! It took a few minutes to get all the pillows situated properly but once I was comfortable I slept all night. My butt and back were really not liking the recliner anymore. I'm honestly feeling great compared to a week ago! I don't want to jinx myself but I've had zero issues with swelling. I swelled up 7lbs by day 4 and then it just all went away. I weigh 2lbs less than surgery day. 137.4! That's with my sweats with my binder on! I'm thrilled with my results so far. My incision is healing nicely. I still have my blister that is slowly healing. It hurts in that spot. Well I should say it's tender. But other than that I have no pleating or raised parts. I'll post some pics from this morning. I was sitting down. My belly is gone! Sometimes I still can't believe it!

Hi Mommy, your last pic looks great. Sorry to hear your experience with the drain removal. I'm dreading that part too. Thinking back to where you were 2wks ago, you would have to extremely happy with your results. Thinking of you and my other 'heros', stay positive.
I just read about the drain. I was the same way. It hurt BAD!!! It hurt me again reading about yours!!!

2 weeks post op!

My how time flies! 14 days post op today. Got the kids off to school all by myself today. Definitely feeling stronger each day. My mil is here doing laundry, life saver she is! I know I'm not even close to 100% but what a difference from a week ago! I'm going food shopping today. Not buying water bottles or anything, I'll take it slow but it's been 2 weeks and my fridge is bare! You'd think my husband would care, lol...Some men! Well I took pics last night I will post. I know swelling can hit at anytime but I've been lucky so far. I'm definitely puffy but I'd still take this any day over prior to surgery. Even if this was my end result! Which of course I know isn't even close. ..I go back to my ps on Thursday. He said he'll release me for more activities. Sounds good to me but I know the bottom line is listening to my body. Happy healing everyone!

One more pic...

Looking great - glad you're feeling much better! :)
Lookin good, girl!

overdid it!

I went food shopping earlier. I had double the amount of bags since I told her to keep them light. My back was and still is on fire! The blister spot on my incision isn't too happy either! I'm definitely swollen and feel tighter for sure! Note to self. ...you are not fully healed! Just bc you feel better doesn't mean you're 100%! Slow down!

Looking good friend!
Thanks! Feeling better everyday! Can't wait to be "normal" again! I know this is what I signed up for...it takes time and patience. I usually don't have either, lol
Grocery shopping at 14 days!!! Girl, what are we going to do with you?!?!?! Relax and let everyone do for you! I think we all are going to use telepathy to make you do nothing tomorrow!!!

left handed compliments.....

Since I'm just getting out and about these past few days no one has really seen me besides my bff and some family. Sooo I've been hearing a lot of, "you're wasting away" or "your face is so thin" or "you were already tiny before surgery"! People! I was 153lbs before surgery! I'm 136lbs today! No where near wasting away! I understand it's a pretty good weight loss and I'm thrilled, I also get how when you don't see someone for a while the change in appearance can seem significant. Also my mom loves to tell me how "gaunt" my face looks and my eyes look tired! No shit woman! I'm pushing too hard bc you didn't seem to want to hold up your end of the bargain! If you read my journey you'll notice I'm always saying how my MIL is a saint! Don't get me wrong, me and my mom are close but she's the Nonna who takes the grandkids to NYC for the opera and ballet. On my 7th day post op she was supposed to pick up the kids from school and make dinner. She picked up the kids but said she had to leave. I said I though she was making dinner. ..her answer...I thought you'd be doing more at this point!! Ugh! I really think she feels like that "caretaking" part of her life is in the past...ok. This turned into a rant, lol
I just wish people would keep their comments to themselves! I didn't ask you how I looked did I?

Awww I hope it gets better
I have my Grandma and hubby who have been GREAT! But I haven't told my mother yet. She knows I was looking into it and scheduled an appointment but that's it. I'm very close to her even though she resides out of state now. Every time we speak she keepsm asking me why am I home and not at work. LOL, well I'm on a staycation. I'm usually in FL or out of the country when I'm on vacation. I scheduled the TT during my vacation and added another week to it. I will use some personal, comp, and sick days to take off an additional 2 weeks. She only knows of the first 2 weeks and says Oh my aren't you going to be bored. LOL only if you knew mother, I've been bored since day 3 PO! Anyway, I hope your mother comes around and I need to decide when I'm a tell my mother. As of now only my RS ppl, hubby, grandma, counsin (my ride to and from surgery) and my 6 yr old knows (which she's nows nothing of a TT). Happy healing and your looking GREAT!
Wow! Great to catch up with your progress again. I am home now at 1 week post op and know exactly what you are going through. You look amazing, and accept the left-handed comments as compliments. My family have been cool about my whole journey (think I am vain), but my neighbours have been fantastic, and are making my progress feel positive. Hang in there, stay positive, enjoy your family and expect the best result.

Patience my dear!

I had another follow up today. I had a very small seroma, less than 5cc's after he started to drain it. I didn't feel a thing. So strange! I almost can't stand when they touch my tummy! Anyway, he's thrilled with my progress. I'm still puffy. Will be for a long time. He said at this point I can start scar treatment on my bb and the outside of my incision. I still need to put neosporin on the center of my scar. Just vitamin E cream with hydrocortisone cream over it. Also wants me to fold up my abd pads to put some pressure on my tummy. Next week he wants me to start sucking it in a little to get my posture back plus start to strengthen my muscles slowly. He still wants me to squat rather then bend and not to twist too much. I haven't at all anyway. At this point he said patience my dear, patience!
On a side note my father in law asked me how many sutures I have inside. ..I had no clue til I asked my surgeon. 1,000!
Wow! He said he loves it, could do it in his sleep and his hands tighten up when he goes on vacation! Lol
I can tell he really loves his work! Lucky me! I go back in a week. I'll take pics later. Thanks for reading! This surgery is the best thing I've ever done!

Hi Mommy, you have been one of my heroes throughout this journey, and my results are being reflected in your success. Hang in there, let your body heal and you will be great.
Thank you so much! I'm so glad my journey is helpful to you! That's what I hoped when posting. Keep on with your positive outlook, happy healing!

New pic

You look brilliant xx
Thank you so much! Different story by the end of the day, lol

old friend...

I ran into someone I haven't seen in probably 2 years. She noticed how I was walking and asked me if I was ok. I told her I had a tummy tuck. She was so happy for me but of course the usual,"you didn't need it". What was funny was she told me how great I looked and noticed my weight loss right away. But every time she complemented me she immediately said,"not that you didn't look great before" or something to that affect. Someone who realizes some complements can come across as insults, lol
My kind of friend. ..
I'm definitely feeling more swollen and my back is killing me by this time of night. I can't imagine the days when this subsides....still wouldn't change a thing!

I'm glad I found your post. I'm shooting to having mine in Jan.
gotta love backhanded compliments. :/ Not! Some people can be rude and sometimes the closest to you. You look Fantastic!!!! :) Have a TGIF!
Happy healing u loooking good!!

tender spot

I've posted in the past how the spot where my blister was on my incision was pretty painful. Well I realized last night that my blister is completely gone. It has nothing to do with that. It's my cg hitting the same spot continuously. I feel like I have a bruise under my skin. It's tender to the touch. I'm hoping I can change to a different cg this week. My ps hasn't mentioned anything about that but maybe it I tell him how bad it hurts he'll let me. I see a bunch of you get to wear different garments at different stages. It's incredible how our surgeon's are all over the map in so many ways! Continued happy healing to all!
Also my son's 4th birthday party is tonight. Getting my house ready last night, baking and more cleaning today=extremely aching back! Ugh!

Thank u for ur wonderful updates. Happy birthday to ur little guy!
You look really good! Have fun at your son's birthday party!
You are doing so well! Keep up the post and let yourself heal. Don't listen to those backhanded compliments. You did this for you and only you!!

binder...

Thank god for my cg because it's holding up my pants, lol!
Right now I have 2 of my kids in babysitting at shoprite and my other at gymnastics. I'm sitting in the dunkin donuts relaxing, drinking my green tea and resting my back before hosting 28 people tonight! Peace!

Good Luck tonight, and please take it easy.
19 days post and you're doing all that!!!! I'm taking it EASY for 30 days....no if's and or butts....then back to work. ugh Then again....i wouldn't play host to 28 people EVER!!!! lol
Thanks so much! I'm glad you like my updates, it means a lot.

Thank you all!

Thanks to everyone who wished my baby a happy birthday! He's 4 tomorrow! Can't believe it! Party was great, yes I overdid it but the way I pay for it is in my back. I'm sitting with the heating pad right now.
There was a lot of "don't do too much" from people watching me from their seats, lol.. of course my mil was a huge help. I couldn't cut the ice cream cake! You don't realize how much you use your stomach muscles to cut into an almost frozen cake! Lucky for me she took over. Cleaned up for me. Even loaded the dishwasher!
My mom on the other hand commented again at how gaunt I look and she hopes I'm going to gain back a few pounds..Also said my nose will start to look too big for my face if i keep losing. To be a complete wise ass I told her I'll get a nose job next! I told her what I tell my kids...If you don't have anything nice to say keep it to yourself!
My brothers wife said "you look soo skinny!" In that you don't look so good tone. You know that tone....
My uncle's wife said "once you hit 40 what does it matter!?" Are you effing kidding me! Don't even get me started! Go stuff your face and have another bottle of wine! No discipline whatsoever! This coming from a woman who did everything she could to land a rich man, used to be arm candy, then once she had a kid let if all go to shit! I'm so done with everybody! It's a good thing I don't let anyone influence me in my decisions..I'm so happy I did this, wait til summer! Family pool parties are gonna be awesome, lol
So glad I have all of you on here :)

Oh awesome...your surgery is 2 1/2 weeks ahead of me. I've enjoyed reading your posts!
You made the right decision for U. Who cares what they think or say. Shout yippee every time you look at your flat tummy!
Hey....just checked your profile...YES I see your vertical scar! You look awesome!

3 weeks post op!

I can't believe how fast time is passing. Yesterday was the first day I didn't have horrible back pain. I'm almost straight. Thursday I have another appointment so he'll give me the go ahead to try and straighten up 100%. I'm so thrilled with my results so far. No matter what anyone says, I did this for me and I couldn't be happier. I have started scar treatment everywhere except my vertical incision. Even at 3 weeks my scar is great! No redness, no bumps. I feel it ever so slightly when I put my treatment on it. I'm using vitamin E with hydrocortisone 1%. I couldn't be happier with my choice of surgeon as well. Worth every last penny!

You look great! I have the same incision - vertical. I hadn't seen any others recently with the same situation. I had my surgery Sept 5. Good Luck!
Love how flat your stomach is; doesn't look like you have much swelling. Looking good.
Looking Great!!!

Happy, Happy, Happy!

I had my 3 week post op appointment today. He released me to do some light arm and leg weights at the gym. Nothing hard core yet. I go back in 4 weeks. He said he'll release me to start core workouts then. He also told me to start wearing the high waist spanx. So I hit kohls on the way home. I got one spanx and 2 maidenform. I am to wear them all the time. He still wants me to wear my binder on top of the spanx when I go to sleep. I've been sleeping in my bed for 2 weeks. Still have pillows under my knees but I'm not propped up as high under my head. I am to start taking a deep breath in and hold it for 10 seconds to engage my muscles again. I can do that as much as I please. He also said that will get my last bit of posture back to 100%. He said I am a superstar patient! I feel like a superstar! I'm healing perfectly! I can start massaging my scar as well. Also,he informed me today that included in my cost are 3 Vaser shape treatments! Now I see part of the reason he's very expensive compared to other surgeons. I know those treatments are expensive. But he was worth every last cent! So that will help with my scar and swelling for sure...I was wearing (kinda, they were falling off) jeans to his office today. They couldn't get over my weight loss results along with my tummy tuck. I literally can pull my jeans on and off without unbuttoning them! I am down 4 pants sizes! I haven't felt this good in years! I will post pics...thanks to all who read my journey. I really appreciate all your comments! I hope you are all healing happily! And to those waiting to get on the flat side, don't regret your decision for a second! It will be the best decision you ever made!

3.5 weeks post op pics

My measurements day prior to surgery...
Under boobs-26 3/4" today the same
Waist at bb 29 3/4" today 27"
Hips 38" today 37.5"
I need to find my measurements prior to my weight loss. They're around here somewhere, lol
Needless to say I'm thrilled! My ps said I still have a long way to go still! I can't even believe it!

I can't wait to see the pictures!!!! I'm so happy for you:)

pics not uploading.

Will try again later.

So happy to hear about how great your healing. I'm sure those shakes helped with the healing process as your body had a great restart before the surgery. Those shakes I believe helped me, I never felt so good in my life, my skin, energy, weight loss everything!! Yaaay I'm so happy for you!! Never regret anything that you do for yourself!! Can't wait to see your pictures!!
Thank you! I absolutely believe the pure trim shakes made a huge difference. Losing the weight beforehand was the best thing I could've done for myself and my outcome!
Way to go Mummy. Can't wait for the pics. You sound so happy and so you should be, just think back 3 1/2 weeks, what a journey.

3.5 weeks post op...

Trying on pants for the first time! Very exciting!

Looking awesome! Way to go!
omg you look amazing wow x
Hot mama!

Thank you to everyone for your encouraging and sweet comments!

You guys are the best!

Hey mommypet, I see that you mentioned that your husband was a bodybuilder? Wellll so was mine! He competed a few times and placed 2nd overall both times. Yes, bodybuilding men are a breed on their own for sure! We met in the gym, years ago (2000)....and that's a story in it's self! Our relationship turned into a media frenzy...and with-in 24 months we were featured as a double page spread in Women's World Magazine 2002 October 15th issue titled a Celebration of Life. Ahhh so long ago...we've been married for 12 years now.
Wow! That must've been so exciting for you guys! Awesome memories for sure! I actually was 2 years ahead of my husband in HS and then we ran into each other at the gym 12 years later...gotta love the gym, lol. Yes, they are truly a different breed but he sees now that nothing was going to work like surgery. I just checked out your pics and you look fantastic already! On Monday I'll be 4 weeks post op and I feel incredible, just wait til you get there! You'll be magazine ready again, don't you worry! Is your hubby still into training? My husband looks so incredible still so I needed to match him again, lol
You look absolutely incredible!!! I'm glad you're doing better :)

dressed for the first time in clothes that fit!

I've scheduled my appointments for my Vaser shaping. She told me to start massaging twice a day downward and out towards the top of my thighs since we have lymph nodes there. I've been doing my sucking in exercises too and I sware I already see a difference in the way my tummy was feeling. Not so numb and weird as it was. It doesn't bother me to touch it anymore. The spanx are not as comfortable as I thought. I need a thong, the full bottom keeps giving me a wedgie, lol
Not sure if they make a thong style. ..
I bought a medium bc I figured the small would be too tight on my legs, but it's a little long in the torso and bunching under my bra and it's driving me nuts! I weigh 135 now and I sware I'm losing it only in my face! Lol, I really need to get these thighs back under control!
I hope everyone is healing great! Thanks for reading!

Thank you for sharing! Your results are fantastic!!!!!
You just look amazing x
Yes, they do make thong spanx. http://www.spanx.com/shop/spanx/panties/style/thongs/spanx-heaven-high-waisted-thong-zid38-2083/cat-38-catid-fncat_spx_pty_styl_thng?CategoryDomainName=SPXNA-38&var_id=38-2083&_t=pfm%3Dcategory You look great!

4 Mondays ago!

I can't believe my surgery was 4 weeks ago! Time flies for sure. Overall I think I'm having an excellent recovery. Besides the first couple of days being uncomfortable and the back pain from hunching, I think it's worse in our minds prior to surgery than the reality. At least that is my experience. I definitely have the puffiness down below, lol
I know in time that will all go away. I'm so thrilled to just be rid of that damn pooch! I took some pics in my old bikini bottoms to see how they cover my scar. I'm very happy to report they totally cover the horizontal incision and my vertical peaks out a little at this point. And I don't care! By next year it should be a very thin white line. Granted these are from my younger days so I'm not even sure they are appropriate for a mother of three who's almost 42...lol. I was just so curious. We were going to Vegas in december but I changed it to a real vacation in punta cana! More fun for everyone! Plus it's my 10 year wedding anniversary. I want to be in the carribbean! Not some casino!
At this point I am 100% standing upright, I can sleep on my side in bed though I am still propped up. Haven't tried laying flat yet. Driving is totally comfortable, I'm doing laundry but not carrying the basket, just the clothes. Normal household chores are no problem. Still haven't had sex yet. MY husband is afraid of hurting me...He just can't control himself to take it easy, lol..
I'm heading back to the gym in the morning. Nothing crazy, just light weights starting with legs..my god do they need exercise! You'll see in the pics!
Pics not posting again! I'll try tomorrow.

You look fantastic ! So tiny with boobs !
Happy 4 weeks! Glad you're doing well!! :)
Glad to hear you're recovering well! I've seen some ladies referring to the "puffiness down there" as their "Ken doll" LOL!

treadmill!

Pictures still won't post. I'll try again later. .
I walked at 10% incline at 3mph (slow) for 30 minutes today. Felt completely fine. My husband yelled at me to start off easy! So I listened. For once. Haha
I need to tighten my butt and legs. The steep incline should work since I can't do weighted squats yet. I am doing bodyweight squats though. Anything is better than nothing at this point...hope you're all feeling great!

Let's try this again!

Trying on old bikini bottoms! I never got rid of them knowing that someday I'd get back to my old self! You'll notice my vertical incision peeks out a little. I plan on wearing skin colored silicone scar tape over my entire incision to make sure it doesn't get any sun. No, I don't care if people see it!
Ok, pictures are still not posting and now I'm getting aggravated!

You look AMAZING!!!! Yay!!!
Thank you so much!
I sneezed this morning and immediately thought of you. GOOD GOOGAMOOGA! That $÷%+ hurts!!!!!

It must be my phone!

I do everything from my phone. I know how to post pictures but it isn't working. I'm going to contact RS. This is getting ridiculous!

You look AWESOME!!!!!
Ugh it's horrible! I told my husband no dusting is aloud for 6 months. Lol!

pics finally!

I've noticed in the past few days my puffiness is getting worse. I'm almost 5 weeks and besides weightlifting I'm back to normal. Maybe just doing too much but there is no slowing down with 3 kids!

Your boobies are OUTSTANDING! How is it running? Tatas are next on my list... lol
Wow!! Hi HOT Mummy, you would have to be proud of your result. Don't be so picky, you look gorgeous and things will settle down in time. Well done. I wish I was going to look like that at 5 weeks!!!

You are all too kind!

To those of you who made those really nice, flattering comments, thank you! You sure know how to make a girl feel great! But I do have puffiness. My stomach feels really, really hard and it is puffed out from my Ken doll vaginal up, lol
I sware! My ps said it'll take a while to dissipate. I'm starting my Vaser shaping treatments Oct 28th. Hopefully will make a difference. I'll see if I can get a picture. ..thanks again! You are all beautiful inside and out! I'm so glad to share this experience with you!

You look wonderful! This is one surgeon I am considering going to. I have to ask, what was the reason for the vertical scar? I have seen that before on some tummy tucks and not others.

puffiness..

Proof of puffiness!

Thanks for the photo and Info- I am 2 1-2 weeks out and my tummy is hard all the time, but does swell more as the day goes on. Am back to work and doing well, just careful not to lift patients at this point
Beautiful
Looking good miss pet!

disbelief. ..

Even though I'm down 18lbs and had my tummy tuck almost 5 weeks ago I still can't believe the way I look. I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels this way. Yes, I have swelling still but it's still looks much better than I looked before. I look in the mirror a thousand times throughout the day to make sure my tummy is still gone! Most of my pants are useless now, they are falling off :)
I went shopping and am a size 6 or 7 in jeans depending on the brand. And the waist is still a little loose! Thanks to my dad for his thighs, lol...I am now a size 4 in dresses.
I'm maintaining 135. I think it's a good weight for me. I'm eating plenty of clean, healthy food. I don't feel deprived at all. If I want something sweet I eat fruit and it does the trick. The only thing I really need to do now is get my behind back to the gym! I need to make it part of my routine again. I need my legs to match my tummy!
This has truly been life changing for me. I'm so grateful to have the means to afford the surgery plus the support of my husband, kids and especially my mother in law. The support from you, my RS family has been imperative in my recovery as well. I'm grateful to those especially who keep up with posting their journeys months and even years later. So when I'm ever in doubt about my swelling I look at someone who is 6 months out and am reassured it really does go away!
I hope everyone is having a fantastic recovery and those waiting to get on the flat side, you won't regret it for a second!
Thank God for skilled, board certified plastic surgeons too, lol

Hi Mummy, I am so thrilled with your result and how happy you sound. Look back those weeks ago to see how far you have come. You have helped me stay on track along the way and I am very grateful. Stay excited, I bet your family is proud of you too.
Thank you so much! I'm thrilled inside and out. I'm always smiling now. I just feel great. I'm so glad I could help you on your journey. That was my goal of all my posts. Hope your feeling great too, I know you've been going through a lot!

First cycle. .

So I finally got my period since my surgery. It's off by a week...The first 2 days I was a little more swollen but all over my tummy evenly. Tonight I'm swollen only over my belly button. .strange. has anyone experienced this? I'm guessing it's from my cycle. .

my first post surgery was a week late too! i had a weird puffy indent on one side and not the other - like fluid retention. but it went away!
Good to know, thanks. I'm really swollen! I Don't like it!
Hey girl! So I was going to update when I get my period too but it hadn't came yet. Well I would say it does effect the swelling of the tummy especially in early stages after tummy tuck. I hear from ladies after a year that doing aunt flow they still get swollen and even bad craps. Last month I did have a period but it was light and I cramped really bad the day before. I do swell up above my belly button if my jeans button about a few inches below my belly button. And sometimes its really uncomfortable that I have to unbutton my jeans. I can't wait to see more pictures of you!!

ridiculous swelling!

I am sooo swollen from my period I can't even suck it in! My stomach feels so tight, like it's going to explode! I feel like I just took 2 steps backwards! It better go away!

At least. ..

Well at least I'm getting my arms back :)

Some people. .

Some people would never consider cosmetic surgery. Some people would spend thousands on a purse but not a procedure. Some people are judgemental of those of us who elect to have surgery. Some people think we took the easy way to get our bodies back (ha! If they only knew!) Some people will talk behind our backs. Some people will think we are selfish. Some people will be envious but never admit it. Some people will be happy for us. Some people will ALWAYS have something to say about anything. Are you happy? I know I am! Some people can try to find happiness by eating their way through the pantry, buying more stuff, drinking themselves stupid...We chose to live life feeling good, hell, great about ourselves! We deserve it! Keep moving forward, healing in a positive mindset. ...keep the negativity out of your process!
You won't be sorry!

Hmmmm....I sure can relate to swelling! However~swelling or NO swelling~You.Simply.Look. Fantasticccccc....
Thanks so much!
Lovin' the guns :) WOW! Your arms are amazing,those biceps are shining through :) Your update is so true. Stay Positive,Beautiful&BLESSED!

waxed!

Today I got my first brazilian wax since my surgery. I'm almost 6 weeks (Monday) and my surgeon said that would be plenty of time. I was a little nervous but it was fine. Felt the same and she was careful when she got close to my incision.

I loved reading "some people" soooooo true ! Your arms are killing it and your swelling sucks but will get better. You are the whole package ( mind body and spirit ) yeal baby,,,!!!!!
Holy guns in your last picture! Looking awesome!
Thanks!

change. not tummy tuck related.

I've never colored my hair. Since I'm all about feeling great and making positive change I figured why not...it's only hair. Time for some fun. It may not be everyone's cup of tea but I love it. I did a test strip to make sure I will really like it. I'm going for it Tuesday next week...

Looks good!
Cool do what makes u happy! It's just hair like u said it can always b changed back!!
First of all, just read your journey. Thanks for sharing. You look fabulous! My surgery is next Wednesday so I'm anxious and ready to get down to healing. I haven't told many people because of the nasty comments you've experienced. I don't think I could be as nice as you've been. :) Besides, when we're going through such a hard thing we need support not snarkiness. It's amazing that you've kept such a positive attitude through it all. It definitely helps in healing. Congrats!

6 weeks (tomorrow)

I got through my first cycle and it pretty much sucked. I was so swollen! I went up 1-2lbs and I think it was all in my tummy! Also, which was kind of dumb of me, but I started lifting (light) weights at the same time. So I'm not sure if that had anything to do with the swelling. I was doing different kind of squats holding 10lb dumbbells. ..anyway the swelling is gone now. I am still wearing my high waisted compression underwear 24/7 and my binder over it at night. My binder is now a little too big, it definitely doesn't compress like it did but I think it's mental at this point. I don't go back til Nov 12th so I'm just going to keep doing what he told me to do until I see him. Yesterday I bought a pair of jeans at Macy's without trying them on. I guessed I was a 6 in Inc brand. I was wrong! The waist is so huge! But of course my usual problem. Legs feel comfortable. Waist is huge. All I can do is try the 4 and hopefully the legs won't be to tight. Oh the problems, lol.
As far as activities go I am completely back to normal (sex too) except for the weightlifting. I can sleep flat and on my sides. I'm not a stomach sleeper so I haven't tried that. I'm still using my shower seat to shave my legs but that's just laziness, ha! My tummy is still numb of course but doesn't bother me to touch it. Besides the blister scars along my incision I think it's a great scar. Honestly as long as it was able to be hidden under my underwear and bathing suits I really didn't care what it looked like. My vertical incision is healing very well already. As long as I keep it out of the sun I have no doubt it will be a super thin white line.
Honestly I feel like a new person! I have my confidence back 100%. To put everything and anything on and not have the bulge to ruin the look of the outfit feels incredible! The pictures are from this morning. ..happy Sunday!

H Mummy, I love to hear how confident you are now, it really helps with the healing process. I still think you are too hard on yourself at this short period in time, but I realise this is what keeps you going to achieve your results, so go for it with my support.
Awesome

hubby

This is why I needed to get my "old" self back! :)

Hi Mummy, it is great to hear how confident you are now. Look back to photos about a month ago and see how far you have come. I am really proud of your achievement and any improvements in time will be a bonus. Stay excited and enjoy the remaining ride.
YEALZA!!

realself, wtf!?

I'm getting zero notifications, I see rs changed their site...why? Ugh!
I am not ignoring any comments, just need to check my profile more often...

Hi, I emailed to complain, but only got the standard reply, 'improvements and need to update etc', not much help at all.
Omg I know! I'm going to have to start checking RS on my computer rather than mobile.

new pics..

My red hair!
Funny, every man has told me how great it looks. My family and some friends love it but of course there are "those" women you feel the need to make a comment like, it looks like 2 different shades (it is) and "I'm going to have to get used to it" to which my reply is "no you don't! " ha!
I love it!

I think it looks great, goes with the 'new you'. The main thing is, do you like it, that is all that matters.
I love your hair. Next time tell them, all one color is boring. Looking hot!!
Toms River Plastic Surgeon

From the moment he started talking I knew why he is on the NJ Top Doctors list..A true expert in his field. I feel 100% confident he can give me the results I am looking for. Extremely personable and down to earth. Office staff equally welcoming.