Hard Recovery but Worth It! - Wall, NJ

I am a group fitness instructor and obsessed with...

I am a group fitness instructor and obsessed with eyeliner. I was tired of putting on makeup just to workout so I decided to give this a shot. Love it!

I met with a few different artists to decide who would be best for me and chose one out of a plastic surgeons office. I felt more comfortable with her as well as being in a surgical office.

My procedure wasn't the best experience. I had a wonderful woman (Lina) performing it who used a numbing cream for about 45 minutes before we got started. I hoped this would create a relatively pain free experience-but that wasn't the case. My under eye was done first and this was extremely painful! It hurt enough that I was tempted to not do the top at all. After every few passes she would put on more numbing cream to get deeper but that never deemed to help.

The top part, surprisingly, wasn't painful at all! I wouldn't even classify it as uncomfortable.

Afterwards I was able to drive myself home. The eyeliner was thick and dark but I liked it.

The next morning I started to swell but nothing crazy.

By day 3- things got ugly. The swelling was totally out of control and my eyes were almost sealed shut. After sending Lina my picture she put me on a course of steroids to reduce my excessive swelling. While this did help- even 2 weeks later I was still puffy.

I finally went to a local skin care shop and spoke to them about a healing eye cream. At this point my eyes were red, puffy, rough, dry, and scale like.

I invested in the Creme Ancienne eye cre and that helped to finally heal me up (AWESOME eye cre, btw. I'm a user for life).

20 days later and I still have a puffyness under my eyes that never existed in the past. Also, my right eye continues to be very dry and I have to use eye drops for the first time in my life.

All this being said- I LOVE the eyeliner. Particularly under eye. Looks great. I go back in a month or so for the touch up/second round to clarify and compete finishing touches. I've heard this second time has a much easier recovery.

If you are a die hard eyeliner user- this is definitely worth it!

Just updating some pics- about 4 months out

Here are some pics 4 months after the procedure.
Middletown Plastic Surgeon