Hard Recovery but Worth It! - Wall, NJ

I am a group fitness instructor and obsessed with...

I am a group fitness instructor and obsessed with eyeliner. I was tired of putting on makeup just to workout so I decided to give this a shot. Love it!

I met with a few different artists to decide who would be best for me and chose one out of a plastic surgeons office. I felt more comfortable with her as well as being in a surgical office.

My procedure wasn't the best experience. I had a wonderful woman (Lina) performing it who used a numbing cream for about 45 minutes before we got started. I hoped this would create a relatively pain free experience-but that wasn't the case. My under eye was done first and this was extremely painful! It hurt enough that I was tempted to not do the top at all. After every few passes she would put on more numbing cream to get deeper but that never deemed to help.

The top part, surprisingly, wasn't painful at all! I wouldn't even classify it as uncomfortable.

Afterwards I was able to drive myself home. The eyeliner was thick and dark but I liked it.

The next morning I started to swell but nothing crazy.

By day 3- things got ugly. The swelling was totally out of control and my eyes were almost sealed shut. After sending Lina my picture she put me on a course of steroids to reduce my excessive swelling. While this did help- even 2 weeks later I was still puffy.

I finally went to a local skin care shop and spoke to them about a healing eye cream. At this point my eyes were red, puffy, rough, dry, and scale like.

I invested in the Creme Ancienne eye cre and that helped to finally heal me up (AWESOME eye cre, btw. I'm a user for life).

20 days later and I still have a puffyness under my eyes that never existed in the past. Also, my right eye continues to be very dry and I have to use eye drops for the first time in my life.

All this being said- I LOVE the eyeliner. Particularly under eye. Looks great. I go back in a month or so for the touch up/second round to clarify and compete finishing touches. I've heard this second time has a much easier recovery.

If you are a die hard eyeliner user- this is definitely worth it!

I'll have to take one later tonight when I don't have makeup on. I do find that still tend to wear a little bit of eyeliner when I'm going out to intensify it (especially bc I like to line the waterline). As much as I wanted to go to my second round to fix up some little spots, I just wasn't willing to risk having that reaction again and having to go to work looking like that for 2-3 weeks. I'll post pics soon
oh wow, the eyeliner really does look beautiful. Would you mind posting a completely healed pic....I'd like to see the finished product. From what I see in your last posted pic it looks as if all was gonna turn out fantastically!
Looks like you had a bit of an allergic reaction to either the pigment or the products used. Glad to see you healed well and are happy with your choice! I've never had anyone have a reaction in the eyes, most people take blacks and browns well, its more common to have a reaction in reds.

Just updating some pics- about 4 months out

Here are some pics 4 months after the procedure.

You look great !!
I am a micro - pigmentation specialist. I have never had those results. If there is swelling, it is the worst on the first day. You picked the wrong person. Sorry .
I actually met with multiple people before I made my decision on who to use, as well as speaking with many references from all of those. I disagree that I made the wrong decision as I worked with someone specially based out of a plastic surgeons office who had the most and best references. I did not made my decision on a whim. While I agree that I had abnormal results, I do not believe that my results would have been any different with anyone else. I am a sweller and I should have taken that into consideration prior to the procedure.
Middletown Plastic Surgeon