21 - 550 ccs - 5'7 142 lbs Silicone High Profile Mentor Waldorf, MD

So I've been wanting this done since I was 15. I...

So I've been wanting this done since I was 15. I never really considered it seriously until recently. I've heard many good things about Dr. Chiaramonte. Right now I can't decide between saline and silicone. I have heard that saline can give the same results as silicone if it is placed under the muscle, which is what I want anyways. Suggestions?

Consultation

So my consultation is in a little over a week and I'm not exactly nervous, just kind of wondering what size to go. I don't want to go too large. I think a full C/small D would be find for my frame (I will post pictures later in the day) I have a couple of good questions I will be asking, but if anyone has something they wished they would have asked, let me know!

Before Pics

Not the best, but just realized I should start taking some.

Silicone MRI?

I think I am going to go with saline only because my insurance WILL NOT cover the MRIs for silicone. I do not want to be paying 2-3k every 3 years just to make sure my implants do not rupture. Thoughts?

Stats

Stats:
21 y/o
5'7
142 lbs
36b

some stretch marks from growth spurt as a teen

Beach Vacation

Consultation is in 5 days. Just went to the beach with my boyfriend and I was so excited to get my boobs done. I kept looking at all the girls with nice racks and commenting on them. I think I have settled on full C/small D. Can't wait can't wait can't wait!

Wish Boobs

Wish pictures :) I like the round look

It's set!! I have a date!!

I had my consultation with Dr. Chiaramonte this morning and it went pretty much perfect. When I first arrived they had water/tea/coffee for the guests in the waiting room that I definitely utilized! Everyone was super nice. My appointment was for 9:15 and I was back in the room by 9:30 (my fault cause I was waiting on my coffee to finish brewing)

Dr. Chiaramonte came in and discussed the procedure and how he did everything. He compared his %'s against other people in the instances of infection and capsular contraction which was extremely low. He stated that he performs the most breast augmentations in the DC area and his reviews backed that up for me ( I had at least 5+ people recommend him to me in my area). He showed me the pros and cons of both styles of implants and let me feel them for myself. Showed me the ways that saline ripples more than silicone and the difference to me was huge.

Then he told me to put the bra and gown they give you for examination and he left. Came back in and just felt for bumps/abnormalities. He stated that my left sagged a bit more than my right simply because the fold was higher, but noted that I am pretty symmetrical when it came to size so I would get the same size implants.

He answered any questions that I had. In his medical opinion, my piercings need to come out which I was disappointed but knew that was coming. Since I am paying 6700 for a surgery, I better protect it the best way I can. We also decided that he would make the incision under the fold and under the muscle as I wanted.

After he left, his assistant came in and we got to play with sizers! Based on my chest wall measurement (13.8 cm) she said the 450 cc was the lowest I could go that would achieve my look that I wanted. I thought that was nice, but too small for me. So I asked for the biggest I could go based on my frame. We then tried the 550 cc's and while at first I thought they were huge on me, they really balance out my body type. My boyfriend loved them and the nurse really liked the 550s better than the 450s. I still thought they were huge so she told me to keep those on for a while while we talked about more questions/concerns/input. She had implants and let me feel them and she had to let the implant "drop" so I could tell where it was.

As I wore the 550s more, I really liked them. I kept moving my clothing around and holding them and just overall moving. I loved the size and it fit my body extremely well.

I was super happy with how well their team worked. She said I could go smaller than 450s but it would be too narrow for my chest wall. She said anything bigger would be too low/wide and make me look top heavy. I did not want to go annnnny bigger than 550s. She said "If you aren't a little bit nervous about it being too big, you didn't pick the right implant" I said that made sense and it completely does. After reading all of the reviews I have learned that you want to be slightly bigger rather than slightly smaller. The biggest complain is "I wish I had opted for the bigger implant in my range" I will not make that mistake.

After all was said and done I decided I wanted to lock in my surgery date so I could make sure I had it for when I wanted it! Decemver 11 ladies!!! It's far away now, but man I'm so excited and nervous at the same time. I also got my pre-op appt set for Nov 24.

IT'S REAL! I'M GETTING MY BREAST AUGMENTATION.

Second Guesses Already?

I guess this is normal. I had my consultation only yesterday and I already am freaking out that the 550s may be a tad too big still. I forgot to try on the mid range which would be 500 ccs. I guess I have a while to go until my preop, but I will be definitely trying on the 500s. Everyone except my best friend said the size was perfect! Best friend said it was a hair too big but once she looked at them more she was like well they are proportional to you! (We both are small chested) I was actually pretty surprised she was so cool with it. I mean we have been friends for 19 years but there's always that small part of you dying for your best friends approval/support. Well I have it!

I probably will go with the 550s, its just a huge jump from what I have now! I guess that's the point!

Time to gym it up!

Man you girls have helped a lot by just telling your stories! After I decided on a date for my surgery, I knew from you all that putting on your regular swim suits would be frustrating. I was expected it to be. I went swimming this past weekend and I couldn't believe how frustrated I was even though I expected it. You can mentally prepare for anything, but you never know how it's actually going to be until it happens. Here are some pictures with me and some with my dog in the back!

PS I took my piercings out today :( I'm really sad by it lol. They look so weird now!

So I'm really on the fence about the 550 ccs. I haven't tried them on again but I keep going back and forth. Everyone says go bigger than what you think you like because going under the muscle takes some size away. But I've also seen some girls with my stats end up with 375 ccs and they look amazing! I don't want to be too big.

I have 3 months before my surgery. I'm going to start going to the gym a lot more than what I'm already doing (twice a week). I want to feel completely amazing when I get this done. I've seen a lot of girls with kickass figures and I want that!

So many questions

Still have a long way to go, but I have a lot of questions. My first concern is am I going too big? I want to be able to find a lot of bras that fit and look cute. I do not want to be more than a DD. I don't even know if I want to be a DD. I'm pretty sure that 550 ccs will put me at a DD based on the pictures.

My next concern is I don't want my tattoo to be altered in any way. I paid a lot of money for my tattoo and I love it. This is also why I think I may go smaller than 550 ccs. Many doctors say that it won't be affected but it may be covered slightly. Hmm decisions decisions.

I want to be active after my BA too. Will going up to 550 ccs keep me from running and lifting ? I loveee lifting weights so I'm nervous. I don't want them to be huge to the point where it affects what I do. I don't want back pain!

I have stretch marks before! I don't want them getting worse! I don't mind having stretch marks cause I've had them since I was 14, but I don't want new grossly red ones :/

Lastly, I don't want to go too big, nor too small. They say the difference between 50 ccs ( I would bump down to 500 ccs) is negligible and I won't notice. So should I just stick with the 550ccs so I don't have boob greed later on?

Comments !?

Everyone knows now!

I can safely say that everyone in my family knows I am having this done. I'm really lucky to have such a supportive family. I wasn't scared to tell any of them. I guess since I've always said I wanted it done and I would always say I have nothing to start with they were okay with it! Ha my aunt even sent me late birthday money for it. So happy.

I started my fall semester so I have that to focus on (and help pass the time) until my pre op which is Nov 24. It's so far away!

Scary Boob Dream!

It's happening already!? I'm not supposed to be having bad dreams yet lol. It's too soon! Anyways I had a dream where I went to have my surgery done by my doctor and it seemed like those dreaded breast aug factories you hear about. The ones where they just push people through really quick and you end up with not so good results. Well I was in those, and the doctor was like hurry up! I'm already behind! and I woke up half way through the anesthesia and they wouldn't give me more, they wouldn't give me pain meds, and then after it was done I got an infection and my implants fell out!

Ugh too scary too soon.

Anyways...nothing new. Still questioning size at this point. In 10 years I don't want them to be too big, so maybe I will drop down to 500 ccs. I hear that you should try the implant sizers under a sports bra if you're going under the muscle? Thoughts, ladies?
Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

Hey Linds, your stats are totally similar to mine bar your age, I'm 35 ha ha. I'm 5:8 weigh 140 lbs and currently a 34c (small) I want to end up with a DD cub and have been advised to have between 385-425 implant, silicone full projection. I have also been told I have a wide chest ha ha. I'm a total fitness freak and love lifting weights and keeping toned rather than skinny! Your pics really are great, you have a wonderful fig! I have booked my op provisionally for 27th nov and meeting the surgeon Monday...eeeekkkk can't wait! One of my close friends had him 3months ago, his works amazing!! It's so hard picking the size!! I am worried the 415 will be too big for me despite my height and frame but would hate to regret not getting bigger! It's so exciting! I returned from family hol 3weeks ago with 2other couple, I had total boob envy ha ha and threw my bikinis away on the last day! Pre children I had a fab set of boobs so really miss being busty!
Hhahaah you made me laugh! You really threw your bikinis away!?! I felt like doing that too when I came back from vacation. I think with 415 you'll end up a DD. They say 200 ccs is about a cup size worth so If you're a C now...you should get there! I'll take a look at your profile for sure and let you know what I think :)
Yep all in the bin! I need to put some pics on of my boobs in bra without fillets to show their current size...will do that tomorrow x x Yes I think a 415/425 will be mu choice but I'll see what Monday holds...so so excited
I literally go back and forth between sizes every 10 minutes. I'm scared of getting new stretch marks. I see all these pretty boobies after their BA! and I want to be part of that group! lol
Had 4 different sets of implants..no problems, changed out for age..None have every interfered with what ever exercises I was doing. Tap danced for years, trained for a marathon, played tennis and golf, water skied, scuba dived, lifted heavy weights(all my implants have been over the muscle for this reason) Belly dancing for years, Ballroom dancing for years, now just fast walking at least 3 mile a day and moderate wt lifting with occasional ballroom dancing/belly dancing. My breasts have always been soft and I just wear the most restrictive sports bra when walking etc. It holds them in place and squashes them somewhat so they are not in the way, When playing golf/tennis, wore the same type sports bras and didn't bother me one bit to swing club or racket. Trained for a marathon while nursing my baby (for 14mo) and breasts were HUGE...then wore 2 sports bras and 2, 6" wide ACE bandages around breasts and over shoulders to keep them from bouncing all over the place. HOWEVER, with soft implants in that type of bra you lose the "big boob look" since they are flattened. Most people seem to always want "BIGGER" later so if 550cc fits on your chest well and you like the size, I don't think exercising etc should be a factor. Like everything else, you get used to them being in front of you! I have never had under the muscle but I have seen pics of them being displaced when lifting wts etc. I now wear a t-shirt at the gym so that wouldn't bother me. Not sure if they distort when lifting your arms, etc. Hope this helps somewhat. Good luck.
Oh and I started with the implants around 1970 and got silicone because my PS was one of the first to do them and he was in some type of approved study with the manufacturer ,..have always changed out with silicone, even when they were not officially "on the market" because PS continued in ongoing study and I already had silicone ones in place. Have never had any problems except age of the implants. Might do it one more time since last replacements were in 2001. Mammogram, sonogram and MRI do not show any leakage at this point.
So no problems at all! Perfect thank ya. Is there anything that you did that you think helped (to result in no problems)?
Thought I replied, but maybe not. Still argue with my compactor on a regular basis. I only did what PS said, ie, massage(except last time when he did "internal bra" to assist in not sagging and said I didn't need to massage) However, the last replacements he rinsed out the pockets and implants with SoluMedrol and anti-inflammatory drug. Thinking at that time was it might help in preventing CC..now I understand some MDs use an asthma drug for same reason. He also rinsed pockets and implants with Keflex solution which is an antibiotic to aid in preventing infection. Once incisions healed I was to wear underwire bras to also aid in keeping them up! Told me "Gravity is your enem so wear bras as much as you can to support them"..
UMM you DO have a kick ass figure already girl! lol youre gonna look smokin' no matter what , don't worry! Good for you though to keep pushing for what you want!
Well thank you darlin !
OMG girl, 550cc would look perfect on u :) cause your soo tall.
You sure!? I keep asking everyone and at first they say it's too big. Since I'm going HP I'm soooo scared they'll be like the dreaded torpedo boobs
Here is a member, redglory, who recently got silicone implants and was able to get a mammogram. Feel free to comment on her review to get additional feedback!
Thank you, Beth! I am going with silicone!
There are imaging centers that have special prices when you are paying for the MRI procedure yourself and want it to ck for implant ruptures. I was unhappy with my regular image center(mammogram)and was looking for another facility covered by my insurance. That's when I came across the private pay facility. I just now looked it up and it was $390. Google in your area and see what's available. I would think MDs/Plastic Surgeons should know if this was available. I've had silicone implants (3 sets replaced for appearance/age only) since early 1970s and only had routine screening mammograms. PS said when he removed the last set, 1 implant was ruptured but contained in its' capsule which broke when he tried to remove it. This did not show on the mammogram and I did not have any symptoms. Last year routine screening there was problem with machine. Tech kept doing 1 breast over and over. Finally I said, "THAT"S IT! THIS HURTS" Never had pain before. It has continued so had a diagnostic mammogram with sonogram and MRI which showed no rupture etc. Insurance co-pay only. Radiologist said she thought it was probably a pinched nerve.. HOWEVER, implants are 14yrs old now and for whatever reason they have become very uneven(I thought it was due to all that "smashing" last year. Radiologist said she didn't think so) and I now want a lift with replacement of implants. Good luck and hope you understand this is NOT a one time surgery. I had no complications and this surgery is #4...multiply that times the cost of each one and it is quite a lot of money.
Thank you! Yes I know I will have to keep maintaining/getting new implants if I choose. Good to know that there are other options than routine MRIs
You do not need an MRI after silicone implants. You are not getting correct information. However, you do need to be older than 21 or they are considered "off label" and you should discuss what that means with a plastic surgeon
Thank you for your reply. The information I have been getting is that you need an MRI every couple of years to check for rupture. If this is incorrect, can you give me your medical input seeing how you're a PS? Thank you! I will talk to my doctor at my consultation to see if voids any warranty, and if that it the case I will simply wait or go with saline. Thanks again
So glad you started your journey with us on RealSelf! Here are some doctor responses to your questions about saline versus silicone. Have you already had a few doctor consults yet? Here are some important questions to ask during your consults. Keep us posted as you continue to research!