21 - 550 ccs - 5'7 142 lbs Silicone High Profile Mentor Waldorf, MD

So I've been wanting this done since I was 15. I...

So I've been wanting this done since I was 15. I never really considered it seriously until recently. I've heard many good things about Dr. Chiaramonte. Right now I can't decide between saline and silicone. I have heard that saline can give the same results as silicone if it is placed under the muscle, which is what I want anyways. Suggestions?

Consultation

So my consultation is in a little over a week and I'm not exactly nervous, just kind of wondering what size to go. I don't want to go too large. I think a full C/small D would be find for my frame (I will post pictures later in the day) I have a couple of good questions I will be asking, but if anyone has something they wished they would have asked, let me know!

Before Pics

Not the best, but just realized I should start taking some.

Silicone MRI?

I think I am going to go with saline only because my insurance WILL NOT cover the MRIs for silicone. I do not want to be paying 2-3k every 3 years just to make sure my implants do not rupture. Thoughts?

Stats

Stats:
21 y/o
5'7
142 lbs
36b

some stretch marks from growth spurt as a teen

Beach Vacation

Consultation is in 5 days. Just went to the beach with my boyfriend and I was so excited to get my boobs done. I kept looking at all the girls with nice racks and commenting on them. I think I have settled on full C/small D. Can't wait can't wait can't wait!

Wish Boobs

Wish pictures :) I like the round look

It's set!! I have a date!!

I had my consultation with Dr. Chiaramonte this morning and it went pretty much perfect. When I first arrived they had water/tea/coffee for the guests in the waiting room that I definitely utilized! Everyone was super nice. My appointment was for 9:15 and I was back in the room by 9:30 (my fault cause I was waiting on my coffee to finish brewing)

Dr. Chiaramonte came in and discussed the procedure and how he did everything. He compared his %'s against other people in the instances of infection and capsular contraction which was extremely low. He stated that he performs the most breast augmentations in the DC area and his reviews backed that up for me ( I had at least 5+ people recommend him to me in my area). He showed me the pros and cons of both styles of implants and let me feel them for myself. Showed me the ways that saline ripples more than silicone and the difference to me was huge.

Then he told me to put the bra and gown they give you for examination and he left. Came back in and just felt for bumps/abnormalities. He stated that my left sagged a bit more than my right simply because the fold was higher, but noted that I am pretty symmetrical when it came to size so I would get the same size implants.

He answered any questions that I had. In his medical opinion, my piercings need to come out which I was disappointed but knew that was coming. Since I am paying 6700 for a surgery, I better protect it the best way I can. We also decided that he would make the incision under the fold and under the muscle as I wanted.

After he left, his assistant came in and we got to play with sizers! Based on my chest wall measurement (13.8 cm) she said the 450 cc was the lowest I could go that would achieve my look that I wanted. I thought that was nice, but too small for me. So I asked for the biggest I could go based on my frame. We then tried the 550 cc's and while at first I thought they were huge on me, they really balance out my body type. My boyfriend loved them and the nurse really liked the 550s better than the 450s. I still thought they were huge so she told me to keep those on for a while while we talked about more questions/concerns/input. She had implants and let me feel them and she had to let the implant "drop" so I could tell where it was.

As I wore the 550s more, I really liked them. I kept moving my clothing around and holding them and just overall moving. I loved the size and it fit my body extremely well.

I was super happy with how well their team worked. She said I could go smaller than 450s but it would be too narrow for my chest wall. She said anything bigger would be too low/wide and make me look top heavy. I did not want to go annnnny bigger than 550s. She said "If you aren't a little bit nervous about it being too big, you didn't pick the right implant" I said that made sense and it completely does. After reading all of the reviews I have learned that you want to be slightly bigger rather than slightly smaller. The biggest complain is "I wish I had opted for the bigger implant in my range" I will not make that mistake.

After all was said and done I decided I wanted to lock in my surgery date so I could make sure I had it for when I wanted it! Decemver 11 ladies!!! It's far away now, but man I'm so excited and nervous at the same time. I also got my pre-op appt set for Nov 24.

IT'S REAL! I'M GETTING MY BREAST AUGMENTATION.

Second Guesses Already?

I guess this is normal. I had my consultation only yesterday and I already am freaking out that the 550s may be a tad too big still. I forgot to try on the mid range which would be 500 ccs. I guess I have a while to go until my preop, but I will be definitely trying on the 500s. Everyone except my best friend said the size was perfect! Best friend said it was a hair too big but once she looked at them more she was like well they are proportional to you! (We both are small chested) I was actually pretty surprised she was so cool with it. I mean we have been friends for 19 years but there's always that small part of you dying for your best friends approval/support. Well I have it!

I probably will go with the 550s, its just a huge jump from what I have now! I guess that's the point!

Time to gym it up!

Man you girls have helped a lot by just telling your stories! After I decided on a date for my surgery, I knew from you all that putting on your regular swim suits would be frustrating. I was expected it to be. I went swimming this past weekend and I couldn't believe how frustrated I was even though I expected it. You can mentally prepare for anything, but you never know how it's actually going to be until it happens. Here are some pictures with me and some with my dog in the back!

PS I took my piercings out today :( I'm really sad by it lol. They look so weird now!

So I'm really on the fence about the 550 ccs. I haven't tried them on again but I keep going back and forth. Everyone says go bigger than what you think you like because going under the muscle takes some size away. But I've also seen some girls with my stats end up with 375 ccs and they look amazing! I don't want to be too big.

I have 3 months before my surgery. I'm going to start going to the gym a lot more than what I'm already doing (twice a week). I want to feel completely amazing when I get this done. I've seen a lot of girls with kickass figures and I want that!

So many questions

Still have a long way to go, but I have a lot of questions. My first concern is am I going too big? I want to be able to find a lot of bras that fit and look cute. I do not want to be more than a DD. I don't even know if I want to be a DD. I'm pretty sure that 550 ccs will put me at a DD based on the pictures.

My next concern is I don't want my tattoo to be altered in any way. I paid a lot of money for my tattoo and I love it. This is also why I think I may go smaller than 550 ccs. Many doctors say that it won't be affected but it may be covered slightly. Hmm decisions decisions.

I want to be active after my BA too. Will going up to 550 ccs keep me from running and lifting ? I loveee lifting weights so I'm nervous. I don't want them to be huge to the point where it affects what I do. I don't want back pain!

I have stretch marks before! I don't want them getting worse! I don't mind having stretch marks cause I've had them since I was 14, but I don't want new grossly red ones :/

Lastly, I don't want to go too big, nor too small. They say the difference between 50 ccs ( I would bump down to 500 ccs) is negligible and I won't notice. So should I just stick with the 550ccs so I don't have boob greed later on?

Comments !?

Everyone knows now!

I can safely say that everyone in my family knows I am having this done. I'm really lucky to have such a supportive family. I wasn't scared to tell any of them. I guess since I've always said I wanted it done and I would always say I have nothing to start with they were okay with it! Ha my aunt even sent me late birthday money for it. So happy.

I started my fall semester so I have that to focus on (and help pass the time) until my pre op which is Nov 24. It's so far away!

Scary Boob Dream!

It's happening already!? I'm not supposed to be having bad dreams yet lol. It's too soon! Anyways I had a dream where I went to have my surgery done by my doctor and it seemed like those dreaded breast aug factories you hear about. The ones where they just push people through really quick and you end up with not so good results. Well I was in those, and the doctor was like hurry up! I'm already behind! and I woke up half way through the anesthesia and they wouldn't give me more, they wouldn't give me pain meds, and then after it was done I got an infection and my implants fell out!

Ugh too scary too soon.

Anyways...nothing new. Still questioning size at this point. In 10 years I don't want them to be too big, so maybe I will drop down to 500 ccs. I hear that you should try the implant sizers under a sports bra if you're going under the muscle? Thoughts, ladies?

Downsizing

So I'm 100% sure I'm not going with the 550 ccs anymore. I just can't get over how big they look. I mean they look great! But too big for me. I want these to last a long time with minimal complications and I believe if I go with a smaller implant then I will be on the right path for that.

I am leaving my review at 550 ccs for now in case someone else is having the same dilemma. I know I have specifically been looking up reviews that have had my same stats and implant choice, so I do not want to change just yet.

I will decide my final size at my pre-op which is Nov 24. I have not tried on the 500 ccs and I plan to do that. Between comparing the 450 ccs and the 550 ccs I believe 500 will be a good middle. Unlike most women on this site, I'd rather be on the smaller side of the outcome. I can always play them up with a push up bra, but I don't want to work hard at hiding them if necessary. I also don't want everyone's eyes going to my chest when I enter a room. Some people may like that attention, I don't.

Also, I have a lot of stretch marks already and they are noticeable if you're looking. I'm okay with them because I have plenty of them all over my body just from growing. I know I will probably get more with breast implants just because that is how my skin is, but hey, what can ya do!

Overall, I'm feeling really good about this. I even made a little count down!

I have a cruise booked with my boyfriend for July 19, 2015 so I have plenty of time to heal and look great with my implants!

Scary Article!

Sooo I'm doing my normal RealSelf thing with reading reviews, researching, commenting...yadda yadda yadda. I get an email to notify me that one of me fellow RealSelf-ers has replied to my comment! I go to Yahoo!'s front page and GUESS what article I see that is #1.

"The Horror of Waking up During Surgery"

Oh, great. Wonderful! My biggest fear...laid out right on Yahoo! as I'm researching my SURGERY....

Ughhhhhh! Needless to say I'm logging off for the day.

********

I love my Patient Care Coordinator

I still have 2 months til my surgery (55 days to be exact :) ) and my patient care coordinator, Denise, called today to check and see if I had any additional questions and just to overall check up on how I'm feeling. Thanks to RealSelf I have been able to find answers to most of my questions. I thought it was really nice of her to check up on me like that especially since I'm still 2 months away. I wish my doctor had more reviews on here because I have heard so many great things about him. I have seen his results on other people and I know they are extremely happy with his work. I will update on every single thing he does because I feel his office deserves it!

Will be Paid in Full before Surgery !

So I put monthly payments on my credit card so I can get the cash back points and I just figured out that I will be completely paid in full by the time my surgery comes around. That makes me extremely happy because I like to pay things off before I get interest on them. So far I have been interest free and will continue to do so! No financing for me!

Inching Closer

So a bunch of things have happened in the short time since my last update. I became a Pure Romance consultant for a little bit of extra cash (and it's super fun!) so I'm excited about that. Our company educates about women's sexual health so I've been learning a lot. I feel like it goes hand and hand with what a breast augmentation does for many women. It empowers them in every aspect.

I had a health scare and thought I would have to post pone my surgery, but I'm super happy to say that that's not the case! Getting closer! 37 days!

Starting to gather things I need...I have ice packs. That's about it. What useful things should I have?

Feeling bummed.

Where did the excitement go? 3 months ago I couldn't be happier. I'm about a month away from surgery and I'm not excited about it anymore. I think it's cause I have some health stuff going on, but I want to be excited!

More Before Pics

Figured I'd add some more that I took this morning. Ignore my pajamas ;)

Thinking of Cancelling

Honestly thinking about cancelling surgery at this point in time. I'm trying so hard to be excited and look forward to my surgery, but life has other plans. I don't feel as if I'm in the right mindset to undergo a procedure. They say you have to be mentally and physically ready. I'm trying...I really am. But I just can't stop being so down about other aspects of my life. The fact that I can't workout until February is killing me because I feel as if I am slowly gaining weight and nothing I do can stop that. Especially if I'm sitting on my ass after surgery not allowed to work out.

Ughhhhhhh. This month has been stressful. I need encouragement ladies...badly.

Update

First of all, I want to thank all of you ladies for your support. For those who have messaged me, thank you especially for allowing me to vent further. This site is an amazing place for women to come and express themselves without being judged and I really appreciate that.

I have decided not to postpone my surgery. If I had to postpone I wouldn't be able to get it done for another year and that's just not going to work!

With that being said, I have my pre-op on Monday! My patient care coordinator actually let me know that they have a spot open for this Monday (my pre-op), but unfortunately I have to wait until school to be done so I can focus on my healing instead or trying to juggle surgery with college.

I'm excited to try on sizers again. Like I mentioned before, I know for a fact that I will not be going with the 550 ccs. I may try on 475s and 500s to see how I like them, but we will see. 550 ccs is just too big for me. I don't want to look top heavy or draw that much attention to my boobs
Washington DC Plastic Surgeon