I'm now 3days postop. I'm doing a lot better than...

I'm now 3days postop. I'm doing a lot better than I thought it would be. I just can't stand up straight because my tummy feels so tight. So I have to walk hunched over. The dr injected exparel to numb me up to 3 days. Exparel is wearing off because when I get up that's when I feel the pain. I'm also taking Celebrex twice a day and Percosets every 4hrs for pain maybe that's why the pain I'm no suffering. I only get up to go to the bathroom. It's time that I start walking around because I'm getting tired of just lying in bed. I'm not a lay in the bed type of gal. I can't wait to get the drains taken out on Tuesday, June 3rd my first postop appt. Im hoping that the dr takes both drains out because they are getting on my nerves. I can't wait to see the outcome of the tummy and breast. My breast are not really bothering me they are just a little sore but the tummy feels the worst even though I'm not in a lot of pain. This will be well worth it if my expectations are met. Dr. Franckle and his staff are wonderful! He answered all of my questions and I had a whole list of them. I even went to a second consultation with a new list of questions and he answered all of them without rushing me. I went on several consults and when I first met him on the consult I knew he was he dr for me. Thanks Dr Franckle!

Tummy Tuck and Breast Lift

Thanks for all the best wishes, encouragements, and positive comments.

First postop appt.

Thanks for everyone's support. Well I am nervous as heck to go to the drs and see my new stomach for the first time. I had my first postop today and I couldn't bare to look at my stomach at the drs office. The drs took both drains out. My husband took pics when I got home so Im posting those pic from my camera so I had to look at my tummy. I noticed a little more tightness or long dent on my left side so I wish that I would have looked at it when he took the bandages off instead of noticing it when I got home. Im hoping its not a revision and its just swollen. I have another appointment on June 10th and I can't wait b/c that dent is bothering me when I look at it. But when he took the bandages off, he said that everything looked fine and healing well. I might just call tomorrow if I keep on thinking about it. Yesterday I started walking a lot more and it really help my soreness and stiffness. Thanks gals!
I will be posting pics as I progress.

12dys Postop

Today started out feeling better than yesterday, I cleaned the house and got so exhausted that I had to rest the rest of the day. But today I went grocery shopping and all that walking around made my stomach sore so on the couch I went once again. My stomach was so swollen today that it seems like I'm having a hard time walking straight again, I'm a little hunched over. My stomach seem to be so hard and full of fluid I'm starting to wonder if it's normal to feel like this. I'm calling the doc tomorrow to see what he says. I will be glad when I go back to work and have my everyday normal routines. I really miss working out but tomorrow I think I will jump on the elliptical for a little while if my body is up to it to see how I do. I will probably last for about five mins. which is okay, I'm just gradually trying to break myself into exercising. I post pic of my swollen belly but I took those pics earlier in the day but my tummy is retaining more water now. The last four pics is how my tummy look now. Did anybody else ever feel this swollen? Thanks for listening!

Finally, 2wkpo

Well I'm finally 2wkpo and I would like to thank everyone who responded to my concerns and questions. You guys help me realize that I won't see the end result in a 1wk or 2wks, that it takes time to heal, I just wish It just speed up. I know the journey is not over yet, but I feel a lot better physically and mentally. I still have tightness, swelling, and in certain positions I still hurt. My husband says that my new body likes good, but I was pointing at the imperfections in my stomach, and he also said that you're still healing. I AM NOT A FAN A THE PUDGE! I was suppose to get on the elliptical (just to see how long I could do it but I would have lasted probably on for five mins. but it's a start), then I called the dr's office and was told to take it easy bc my stomach felt has though it was holding a bucket of water, it felt like that for two days. But today it's swollen but it doesn't feel that bad. I like my TT and BL (no concerns abt the BL, I will post pic of those later). Around my navel is either swollen or still has fat around concern#1. It looks like a mouth when I'm sitting down and the scab hasn't fallen off yet. The natural BB hole the one that was pulled down is not completely healed like my scar, concern #2. I still have the dent or cave in on my left side concern #3. I have dog ears on both sides of the scar concern #4. It kind of pokes out around my scar but that might mean it's still swollen. I have my 3rd po appt. on June 17th, I can't wait to ask him abt these concersn of mine. Sometimes I think that I'm being too vain abt these minor problems bc my body does like a lot better than it did b4. I just want my surgery to be as naturally looking as it can look. I haven't had much of an appetite which is fine with me bc I'm not exercising. It seems as though when I go to the store or walk too much, my stomach gets really swollen and feels like it's going to pop and it's hard to walk like that so I'm trying to take it one day at a time. I thought this surgery was going to be a breeze for me bc I'm a healthy person but I guess it doesn't matter bc surgery is surgery. The pic the might look oily, I massaged my stomach with bio oilthis morning. WHAT SCAR STRIPS WORK BEST FOR YOU GIRLS! Well, talk to you gals latr. I'm open for comments!

Shopping for new swimsuits!

Well i'm 16dys po and I have 2 vacays coming up, that means swimsuit shopping! Well for the first time since I was 13 I tried on a 2pc. I felt so confident looking around choosing the bs that I wanted. I think that I tried on about 6 bs, some I coundn't wear bc of my scar, but I don't care abt that bc I'm finally getting in a 2pc. It doesn't have to be a string bikini, I'm satisfied that I can look good in a 2p. I usually dread trying them on, but this time I had fun! I tried on a size 8 or medium but I think that I need to go down to a size 6. I'm starting to feel the worthiness of getting the TT and BL bc my stomach and breast looks nice! I ended up chosing 3 but picked up a couple more to take home to try on just to be sure. I'm so used to buying larges to hide my belly and waist that I have to get used to buying S and M bc my normal size is a 6 with the waist and belly flab when I wore spanx. Before the surgery everyone was telling me that I was wearing my clothes to big now I can wear my normal size without belly and waist flab! I can't wait until my swelloness to go down so I can get my a super tight sexy dress. I told my husband to go buy me a sexy dress and some heals that he want me to wear and my daughter said that she needs to go bc he might come home with something that is non form fitting bc tht's what he's used to seeing me in. I will post pics of my bs when I narrow them down to 3. Thanks for listening!

Finally feeling almost normal again!

I'm now 3wks po and I can walk completely straight. My stomach feels tight but not to tight anymore. I had my apt with the doc on June 17 and he said that everything is healing just fine. He said that the swollenness should go down by 3mos. but the puffiness around my scar is normal and I read that it might remain there after my swollenness goes down in my abdomen. Once the scar swollenness goes down, my stomach will look a lot flatter. I can't for that. I had so many stretch marks on my stomach from my kids that the doc couldn't get rid all of them when he pulled my skin to the bottom so that's why I still have the marks at the bottom of my abdomen but I'm still going to rock a 2pc and if they start to bother me I will put some body make up on them but as of now, I don't give a darn abt them especially when I know how my stomach looked before. My breast are around the nipples and scar still feels a little sore but I can deal with that bc they look a lot better than they did before. I might have to buy non wire bras bc of the scar bc I only have under wire bras bc I needed the support before the surgery. I've been wearing sport bra since I had the surgery, they fit comfortably right now. Im noticing that my scars on my stomach and breast are just starting to inch, if they start inching real bad I might have to buy some ointment to rub on them. My stomach is still swollen but it wasn't too bad today, I notice that it started swelling up around 8pm tonight. But I'm very happy with the results even thought I didn't finish healing yet. I'm just glad that I can finally do some of my normal routines. As far as exercising, I'm taking it easy with that until abt another 3wks. Right now I'm only exercising arms and leg lifts and squats. When I get completely better I'm going back to the gym and I can't wait! So right now I really have to watch what I eat bc I,m not really burning any calories. I've posted some updated pics of my new bod! I feel like a brand new woman. I went shopping for bathing suits today and it felt good to go to the bikini section and not just the one piece. I bought 2 bikinis (actually I bought 3, but I'm not sure about the third one yet) and 1 sexy cut out 1piece and NO TANKINIS! Well actually I already have 2 tankinis that I already owned but my husband DON'T want me to wear on our vacations! Thanks for lending me an ear! Happy Healing!

Finally 1mos and still swelling up like crazy!

I'm 1mos po and still swelling up. Everyone want to be flat and and stay flat right after the surgery but it doesn't work that way and I wish it did. I'm still swelling up a lot and I'm so over it. My scar and around the area is dark and I've been using the scar away for 12 days now but I'm not sure that I notice any difference but maybe it's too soon to tell. The dent in my stomach is not that noticeable anymore. My scar seems to be swollen or have fat at the top of it. My doc said that it's just swollen and it will go down, I hope he is right bc at the very top of the scar is a lump that goes all the way around from end to end that's not really seen on the pics. I hope I don't have to get a revision but I will just to satisfy myself, something that I don't do often. It seem to be tucked some kind of way. I can finally exercise more, yesterday I did the elliptical for 30mins, arms and legs with weights and squats with no problem for an hour. When I'm 6wks po, I'm joining a gym to exercise these giggly thighs since I don't have to worry abt the body fat since I got fat lipoed. I can concentrate on my thighs now. I have to maintain my weight but I should be used to that bc I've been on a diet since I was 18! The body fat just crept in on my since I've become middle-aged, I can't believe that I'm middle-aged! It just seems strange to write it or say it. Sometime I'm like "Omg I'm middle-aged," I do forget! I love my children but they took a toll on my body too. Even with the imperfections, I'm still glad that I had the surgery bc imperfections can be revised. Happy healing everyone!

7wks po and still have lump above TT scar, I'm not liking it

I'm now 7wks po and I saw ps today and he said that everything seems to be healing fine. I really feel like me old self except for the swelling and a little soreness that I have. I still feel more comfy wearing CG so I wear it all the time even at work and bed. I have a vertical scar bc I didn't have enough skin to pull it down far enough and It seems like it's off centered bc one side of my stomach is bigger than the other side. Something that can't be seen on the photos. I still have stretch marks bc mine were abv my BB before the surgery so I knew I was going to have them after the surgery. My stomach is completely numb right below my BB and a little numb abv it, so it's still feel weird to touch it. My BB is completely healed no soreness at all just kind of numb. My scars on my BL are healing a lot faster than the TT scar, it seems to be a lot darker. Both scars are still tender but that doesn't bother like the little pooch and the lump I have abv my scar. My breast is still sore and my stomach is still sore when I move it in certain positions but not too much. I surprise that my stomach still hurts when I sneeze so I try not to sneeze but it's getting better though. I still don't lie on my stomach at all bc it's too tender. He gave me the okay to join the gym but I told him that I was already working out, trying to get myself back in motion. I told him that I still have some fat in my stomach but he said I need some fat in there bc it would look distorted bc of my thinning skin, he told me to try to lose the fat though exercise but I told him that I would probably lose it in other places besides my stomach. The fat wouldn't budge with exercise and diet before the TT so I know it's not going to budge now. I also told him abt the lump I have abv the scar that goes from end to end, he told me that it will probably go away, I was really complaining abt it so he said that he will do a revision on the scar bc it's probably fat that have to be lipoed out. I told him that it looks weird in any bathing suit, I even took pics to show him how it looks and that I was not satisfied abt the lump. I told him that I will give it to November, my next po appt, to make the decision abt the lipo. But I hope that he is right abt the lump because he was right abt the dent. Does anyone have a long lump abv their scar that goes from end to end. If you look at my black cut out bathing suit in the old photos you will see what I'm talking abt, and it still looks the same way. It's really not that noticeable when I'm not wearing anything but it can be seen with my underwear too. I posted some new pics for all to see. I don't see much of a difference from my last photos. Happy healing to all!

Still not flat as I want at 2mos.

I'm now 2mos po and really feeling normal. Only have minor soreness in my stomach and breast. I haven't slept on my stomach since before the surgery bc my scars are still sensitive, I feel more comfortable sleeping in the fetal position. When I stretch my legs out when I'm on my side, I feel pain in my lower stomach but I can finally lay flat on my back w/o feeling a whole lot of tightness in my lower abs, I feel just a little tightness that I can deal with. My scars on my TT and BL still itch especially my BL scars, I find my self patting them or slightly scratching them when they're itching. The photos shows that my scars are dark but actually they are a lot lighter than they appear on the pics. I still have fat, skin, or swollenness abv my scars. The right side of my stomach is more swollen or have my fat than the left side. I still feel tightness or swollenness when I'm working out but I just keep on going. I'm still wearing my spanx underwear all the time, all of the time I'm wearing two for extra support except at nite. I wear the tummy control at night and when I workout and wear the thong tummy control and whole thigh spanx for work. The tummy control hurts my scars under my breast during the day when I'm moving around. I still might feel a little pain in my upper abs from time to time but I can deal with that bc it's not bad at all. I post some pics for all to see how I'm progressing and my spanx My breast looks more perky in person, I just angled the camera wrong for the photo. I hope this is not my end result for my stomach. Happy healing!
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Franckle and his staff is wonderful. Angel (Patient Coordinator) is a real doll.

I think you look great (even with those minor imperfections)!! I have a few dents here and there but they'll be covered if I ever wear a two piece swimsuit and the pleat above my BB I'll just have to accept as is! I was in to see my surgeon this week and I didn't want to ask him if the pleat/indents will ever change as I don't want him to think that I'm ungrateful for the work he's done. It was difficult enough telling him after my first tuck that I wasn't happy with my results--in fact that was the most difficult doctor appointment I ever had!! I think most surgeons do their best to achieve optimal results and take pride in their work and it can't be pleasant to be criticized for minor flaws. I know we pay BIG bucks to have this work done and we all want perfection but perfection just might be unrealistic. I'm sure there are lots of chicks like you and I who have the same issues but only show their most flattering photos! As nevertoolate2014newme has said to me many photos are taken with minimal light and are of poor quality so that all the little details can't be seen. I had my "after" photos taken at the surgeon's office this week and plan to post them in a collage later. The camera there will have picked up all the little details that show the small flaws as it's probably a high definition camera.
Thanks! I love the work he's done but my lower abs almost as rounded before I had the surgery I just don't have the skin. When I'm wearing something tight, my stomach looks like I'm abt 2 mos pregnant, I don't think that it's swollen like everybody else's bc my stomach is never flat even when I wake up in the morening. I think that maybe my sutures were not tighted enough bc my stomach looks like it's losing it's tightness. When I'm taking pics, it's just poor angle bc my lower abs are bigger than what it appears on the pics. The bulge on my right side is very noticable when I'm wearing a bathing suit or anything that is tight, that can't me seen on the pic too. When I showed him the photos of my scar in the bs, he said that he can do something abt that if it's still there in November, I think that he even thinks it looks odd in a bathing suit too. I can sweat the small stuff but I can't sweat looking like I'm pregnant, I do not even a super flat tummy, just a normal flat stomach w/o a big pooch. Even with your inperfections at least your stomach is flat. I just want my stomach to be at least flat as yours. Thanks for commenting!
I went back and looked at your "before" photos and I noticed that you didn't have nearly as much skin and blubber as most of us had. I definitely looked a lot worse than you "before" and after my first tuck my shape was much like yours is now with the exception of much looser skin above my belly button. My second tuck definitely flattened out my lower abdomen some more and I'm grateful for that. Now if I can just maintain my current weight I hope to remain flat for the rest of my life!
I'm trying to maintain my weight too. I just don't want to lose weight while trying to maintain it. I've noticed that I've lost a couple a pounds since last week. You're trying to remain flat and I'm trying to get flat in my lower abs. I just can't wait until November, my po appt., to see what he says abt my lower abs. I'm hoping for good news from him if I still have this potbelly bc that's what it feels like. Take care!
You look really good! We had our surgery at about the same time, so it looks like I am looking at my photos when I look at yours. I love that black cut out swimsuit!!
Thanks! Did you post pics?
Thanks! I just don't like the way the lumps abv my scars show in that suit.
Yeah I did last night. Got some work to do to get the hourglass shape.
I just looked at ur pics and you are healing nicely. It seems like everyone starts out with a supper flat stomach for a couple days after surgery and then BAM, our stomachs don't look that flat for the next couple of weeks maybe even months. Before you had the surgery, your stomach looked something like mine before I had the surgery. Yours is coming along quite well too. Happy healing.
You look great! Remember, it can take a long to to completely heal.
Thanks! But I don't want to wait, I just want it to be flat! I know that I have to be patient, but it's hard sometimes especially when you're looking at someone else results.
Thanks for the encouragement!
Your incision(s) are looking great! Sounds like you're healing well. Looking hot enough for more skinny dipping!!
Thanks! If I can find a private beach or lake, I'm going for it!
You look amazing. Your girls looks lifted and perky. I am also considering a breast lift (without implant). After surgery, what bra size and cup that fit? Thanks!
Thanks. The ps told me that I was going to be smaller but I can fit some of my bra's bc some have gotten too big around my ribcage. All I wore was 36C now after the surgery, I can also fit some 34C bc I think that some bra's are made different in size. It was totally worth it bc I can fit my bra's, bathing suits, and clothes better than before. Taking a shower i don't have to lift one than the other to wash. LOL! I didn't mind going smaller if I had too. My husband took me to surgery and he said that when I be put to sleep he was going to tell the ps to give me DD's. LOL! Take Care!
Hey how did your appointment go today. I'm sitting here now waiting to see what he had to say.hope everything went well.
Well everything seems to be healing fine. I just had complaints the pooch in my stomach and the lumps above my scar that are very noticable in a bathing suit. Abt the pooch which is not very big at all but, he told me that if he lipoed it my stomach might become lumpy bc the skin is so thin there. And abt the lumps around my incision, he said it was fine and it might heal with time, I was complaining to him that I did not like it bc it shows though all bathing suits so I told him that I will give it to November, my next appt, and if it's still the same he can revised it and lipo just around the incision. Because I think that it is fat and it will never go away only through lipo. My incisions are healing just fine but still kind of bumpy on TT and BL. I really don't care if my scars are flat right now bc evenually I know that they will flatten out. I just want the flat flat stomach without a pooch or lump abv my scar. I took the pics to show him how I look in a bathing suit so he can see how bad it looks. I still have to post my pic. I told him that my scars are still tender and thats normal Im just glad that they're healing right. And how was your appt?
My appointment was fine. It's only been two weeks. I'm still trying to adjust to these new sensations I'm having. My nipples hurt so bad, I swear I feel like I'm breast feeding again. Incisions seem to be healing fine. What I don't like is the fact that's the scar on the right side of my stomach is not as smooth as the left. He told me to keep massaging it. So hopefully it will go down. Have you tried using the tape on your incision or on the lumps u say you have. I saw a lady on YouTube and that's what she uses on her scar to make it smooth when she wears her bathing suits. It's worth a try. Anyway I see him again in yow weeks. Hopefully this pain in my nipples will have subsided. Chat with you soon!
That's why I wore the sports bras the whole time that I was home from work and I used to put panty liners on top of my nipples so they wouldn't rub against the fabric. I can wear regular bras now but they are still sore. The lump I'm talking abt is not actually the scar it's fat or skin abv the scar bc my scar is healing nice and it's actually flat. It looks a lot lighter than the pic that I'm posting. They two lumpy lines you see in the black bathing suit is not the scar itself it's the area abv the scar. The doc thinks it's fat so he said he will lipo it out if it doesn't smooth out. It might be fat and some skin that was left behind. I think that your scar will evenually smooth itself out too bc I had creases at both ends of my scar, which I thought was dogears, but it's smooth now. The right side of my stomach sticks out more than the left, I think that's fat too. I can't wait until my next appt, November, to see how my stomach is going to look then, I know they say a year but I think by then I should have my final results. Thanks for listening!
I will try the panty liners, hopefully that works. At this point I'm wiling to try anything. I had to go back and look at your picture in the black swimsuit and I do see what you're talking about. Funny thing is, to others including myself it's not that noticeable. But I think we all want things to be a perfect as we have imagined they would be. Hopefully those will flatten and if not I'm sure Dr F can and will fix it.
He already said that he would fix it if it's still like that by November. Everytime my daughter,24, walks by the computer room she says, Mom I know that you're not on RS again!" She just called me a RS junkie! My husband thinks that I am nuts posting all those nude pics! I have to tell him, "They can't see my face!"
That is too funny. Well you're not alone, I'm a junkie too, but this is such a great place for information to vent and more importantly show off our progress on something that we all wanted for so long.
That left sided indentation that you had previously seems to be resolving itself. I occasionally have a bit of an dent where my vertical scar is but most of the time is puffs up like the rest of my lower abs. Your results are awesome! Your belly button looks totally natural. You rock in a bikini!
Thanks! Yes the dent is not that noticable now that I'm healing but when I'm sitting in certain positions I can see it but it's not bothering like it use to. He stitched my belly button up in the inside instead of the outside I'm glad bc that would have been another dark scar. The scar on my breast are a lot lighter than the tummy scar. My tummy scar is taking so long to lighten up even though i'm using scar away. Over all though I'm liking my results!