Since 1983 - Voorhees, NJ

I got my first silicone implant above the muscle...

I got my first silicone implant above the muscle in 1983. Had the poor self esteem issue. I was a size AA/A prior. After implant I was a C. Both encapsulated very quickly had the capsule "broken" manually under mild sedation. It was in 2006, I was having a breast exam. My Dr. friend said, how do you stand these being so hard. I think I had just gotten used to it. Although I was very self conscious of getting hugs from people...so I had them replaced. To find they were both ruptured. So I got saline this time. The left one quickly encapsulated. Had it redone again. Same thing. 2007 I went to different PS and got Mentor Gel sub muscular.

Things were going well up until a couple of years ago I noticed the left one getting more firm. That process has continued. Occasional pain. I find relief with heating pad. So I had gone to a PS a few months ago. Painted a grim pic of what I would looks like post explantation. So the price was good for a year, so I figured I had time. Well on Aug 3, I was in the ER. Happened to have CT of chest that described rupture. They suggested I see someone sooner rather than later. The ER doctor as well as my gastro are wondering if some of my problems that started occurring in 2008 aren't some how related.

I see a neuro for hyper excitable peripheral nerve disorder. Cramp fasiculation syndrome. New onset migraines. My lungs were very bad from 2008 thru approx 2011. That is better. Get SOB quite easily. Extreme fatigue. So I saw a new PS yesterday. Was very pleased with the visit. Didn't try to talk me in to anything. I had taken the CT for him to view. Pointed out I do have fat in my breast. For once happy about fat! Although not much breast tissue . He said he would do a partial capsule removal. Not along the chest wall. Also my breast currently look uneven due to the fold not being even. So he is going to try and even that out. He said I would have drains for one week. Suggested I not go to work. I was reluctant to agree with that at first. But after thinking about it I do need sometime to get used to the new me. And work is quite stressfull. I will have to continue my story. I'm out the door for now.

Pics prior to explantation

I found it hard to take pics of myself. As with these sub muscular implants they also change the appearance of your breast when you lift things! Another reason they need to go!

In the hospital

Have been in hospital since Monday eve with what is turning out to be yet another strange thing with my body. Had ileous and acsities. Ileous has resolved. Bottom line is they are wondering if it is related at all to possible ruptured implant. I hope I can make it to surgery next week. I don't know how that would work if he could just come here and do it. I need to get better so I can be strong for surgery. Crazy thoughts as I am medicated for pain. Happy my hubby brought my iPad to hospital. It helps to read all the encouraging posts. Thank you all for being here.

Big day tomorrow 08/28

I have just been so busy this evening I haven't had much time to think about it. I took a shower, thought to myself, it won't be the same body next chance I get to shower. Bitter sweet moment. I hope my husband is ready for this!!! I have high anxiety. He has been very supportive. But I won't know my response untill it happens. I'm excited to know these fake (one hard)things will be gone. Hope the cosmetic end is satifactory that I don't feel the need for lift. I'm tired of spending money on these things. To think what I could have done with that money! What are ya going to do. Well wish me luck. I will of course post pics when I can take wraps off. He said I will have drains. So I'm not sure if that means I will wear compression wrap longer. I will keep ya'll posted when I'm up to chatting. Thanks for all your support.

Went well

I'm somewhat medicated so this will be short. The left one was ruptured. Only have one drain. Hurts to take deep breath. But continue to do so... Will be able to shower tomorrow. He said there were actually 2 capsules. One left from previous surg. Under the ace wrap it looks much flatter than right side. Dr. Franckle called this eve. He told my husband not to worry at this point. I have no nausea and a wonderful nurse . My hubby!!

First day pics.

Left one really looks flat. My hubby keeps telling me not to worry.

3 days post-op

Well I'm home along today. The drain only put out about 18cc overnight. I'm still wrapped in ace. I have pulled it down to look. Left breast does not look good at all. Right. Breast looks okay. Perhaps the left will get better after the drain comes out. It really looks like a huge hunk was removed. Still hard to take a deep breath. Seems to hurt my ribs. Feeling disappointed. Not that I got the implants out. Just the left breast. Anybody have this happen. Sorry I can't do photos to show you. May not happen until the drain comes out on Tuesday

Saturday pics

I got brave enough to take off the dressing. All I can say is I can't wait to hear what he has to say about the left one. It looks horrible. Love the right one.

Dr. appointment today

Well I got my drain out and the ace wrap off. As far as the deformity on the left, he said that breast was a mess on the inside. It had thinned my breast tissue on the bottom. I believe because of the encapsulation. The rupture was actually in the center near my chest wall. So he said it was okay to use castor oil. I can begin massage on dry skin as soon as it is not to painful. He said it may change enough in months to come. I would have to wait about 3 months to see what it is going to do. If necessary discuss fat transplant at that point. So right now I am laying here with oil, flannel(until my wool comes in), plastic wrap and heating pad. I put off going back to work until Monday. Will have 10# weight restriction. I need to make myself get out of the house. Wishing I was with my daughter down south. : (
Of course any advise is always welcome from you ladies!

Photos after today's Dr. Visit

2weeks post op

The right breast has not shrunk at all. I am amazed at its size. Trying not to get to excited incase there is change to come. Then there is the left side. I have been doing castor oil soaks. And just got my cupping kit in today. It really pulls that stuck skin up. I don't know if you can see in the picture the raised hump high on my chest. Not sure what to think about that. Could it be breast tissue?

2wk post op

Wanted to do pic with better light

About one month post-op

Yep...still not good. Looking at possibly getting flap done. Have to wait another couple months. Perhaps fat grafting at the same time. When I look at the photos it is so depressing. I continue to do the castor oil soaks, Chinese cupping, and massage. He didn't think acupuncture would be a good idea since the area lacks blood supply. Would be higher risk of getting infection. Which I surely do not need.
He mentioned the brava system. I am not interested in that whole process. This just sucks!! I sure had not planned on putting anymore money in to these boobs. It could be worse...the right one could be a mess too. I'm so lucky that Dr. Franckle and his staff are so kind.

Approx 1.5 months now since implants removed

Well my left one continues to be the problem. I still have about 1.5 months before I can consider surgery. Thought I would post some new pics.

Three months post op

Well it has changed some. Even if the skin does release. The size is way different. Still can't grasp that they are so different in size. My husband and I had decided we would wait a year before I do anything. We will see if I will make it. I recently t/w a woman (who had cancer) who went to Johns Hopkins. They are doing a technique where they put in implant and then slowly replace its volume by fat transfer. Of course insurance is paying for hers! But I may go there and see what they would suggest for me. If they offer what my PS did, I would just let my Dr. do it.
An FYI for those who are in my situation. I went to a bra store and bought bra that has pockets for inserts. It was $60. I found that the TLC at the American Cancer society has them for $20 less.
I'm going for my baseline mammo Monday. Kind of nervous for my left breast. The tech will probably have that "oh my God" look! At least it won't have to worry about rupturing implant. Another reason I should never have gotten implants...as my mother died of breast cancer. It was always a struggle for the tech to do my mammos.

More surgery on the 24th

My PS decided since my breast has gotten so soft that there is not a need for flap. He will be doing fat transfer only. I will get a picture up prior to surgery.

Fat transfer Friday!

Hopefully my defect can be made more presentable. So here is the most recent pic. I hope to be able to show you a much improved breast soon. He said it will take a couple months to see the true outcome.

Post fat transfer

Sorry no pics yet. Surgery day was piece of cake. Now a little after 2AM. Breast feels fine. Transfer site a little sporty. Taking pain med and apply some ice. Not directly on compression dressing. I was told that was a big no no. Please keep sending prays that graft takes.

Transfer last fri

The donor areas are the most uncomfortable. Day one was a breeze. Then Saturday reality set in. But I'm doing okay. They still don't match. Which I didn't think would ever happen. But it is much better. PS said I would have to give it a couple months to see the outcome.. I really don't have anymore money to invest in this. I love Dr. Franckle and Angel. The staff at Premier Plastic is the best. I also had wonderful experience with the staff at Virtua surgical center in Sewell. Okay I'm rambling...I know it is the pics you have been waiting for : )

A little over month since fat transfer

Still would not be caught dead in swimsuit. If I could get that area filled in. So far the fat is staying over my ribs. I was actually caved in when you touched it. I did loose fat where indention is on the upper left hand side. Of course I torture myself by looking at the beautiful fat transfers who actually have cleavage 6 months out.
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon