34 Year Old Breast Reduction failure

My bra size was a 50M. I had 11 pounds of breast...

My bra size was a 50M. I had 11 pounds of breast removed. In a few weeks after surgery my breasts had black scabs. The smell was horrible. I leaked green and yellow fluids for months. I was on antibiotics for 36 days. Doctor cut the black scab off in office. Nipple gone...Now I need 4-5 more surgeries

8 months after surgery

This is all that is left of me now..I am still losing breast mass now.. If I raise my arms over my head and I am super tight. pain shoot in my nipple on my right constantly..

One year

This is what I look like today

More pics

Right before my incision finally closed.

LATEST STATUS ON DOCTOR APPOINTMENT

Went to another doctor this week and he suggested a couple options for me. first option was to get a reduction on the breast with the nipple and make it more even with my nipple-less breast. Then having my nipple on my right as a donor for the left. Another option was to have a small implant in my left to even up with my right. Scar invision surgery is also required. Alot of shifting is required because i have a major gap in the center of my chest. To me its a lot of surgeries and I am to the point I'm scared to have another doctor touch me. I am terrified to let another doctor cut me open. I might just have to live with this forever. I am so depressed sometimes..I keep it together around my family but sometimes I just want to lay in bed and cry. But most of the times I just want to confront the doctor and say can you see what you did to me. WOULD YOU DO THIS TO YOUR WIFE?

Sorry you had such s bad experience. My right nipple still has a hard spot as big as a silver dollar on it and has scars on it. I wish I would have never had the surgery. I lost my right nipple due to sloghing, but it did grow back. Good luck with you next surgery.
I am so sorry. I agree that you should try one of the new surgeon's suggestions. I am sure it is terrifying for you, but there are very good doctors out there. I do hope your first doctor is held accountable for the physical and emotional damage he has put you through.
you had a great outcome....I had over 11 pounds removed...i don't wish this outcome that i had on anybody...I just cant find a doctor or lawyer to back me up...i wish i could...going to do a medical board review on him soon....getting all my paperwork made now....
please try to find the courage to let this surgeon improve things for you. personally I would take the first option. you are only 34, a little more surgery now gives you a much better result for the next 50 years of your life.
Oh my! Best wishes to you. You're too young to experience this horror. What happened to your nipples? ...is this a nipple graft technique gone wrong? From 50M to what looks like a C is quite much. Please go after that surgeon!
no nipple graft during surgery. my nipple area turned black...from the first pic that was in may/june....by july he cut it off in his doctors office...no sedation...i endured it while my 11 year old little girl held me up...i was almost to the point of passing out...all i heard was clip clip about 60 times...then he threw it in the trash...i knew that was my dead nipple that he failed to tell me that was what he was cutting off...i didnt find out that was my nipple to the end of july...
So sorry to read your story im crying with you. Let them help you feel normal again. Make sure you see the ps' work you have to trust. If u can find a woman its better she understands body image stress etc. Youve been through a lot u can do this. Dont let ur story end here. When u are better sue them. I hope u can get hold of ur notes u need everything and lots of pics. We await your happy ending xx
Thank you...I cannot find a lawyer out there that wants to touch this...I want to give up sometimes but I just can't. I live with pain everyday but I will continue to fight for what this doctor has done to me. .. He is liable for this...I just cant find a doctor that doesnt know him or will testify on my behalf...that is the sad part...
I'm surprised they don't think you have a case. Have you Googled him perhaps there are others he's worked on, maybe even on here. You just need an independent dr to act as a medical expert and testify to the extent of your injuries based on current assesment and photographic evidence. Also get those notes. Narrow your search from medical neglience lawyers to cosmetic surgery. That's all the free legal advice I can offer. Hopefully your next surgery releaves you of your pain. Get those doctor's notes too of symptoms and treatment given. It also helps your case as it shows you've tried to mitigate your losses. Check you didn't sign anything that says he takes no responsibility for a range of possibilities.
I'm so sorry you've had to experience this. Are you still working with the same surgeon or did you change to another doctor? I'm glad you have the support of your family and your husband and I hope things turn around for you soon.
No I have changed surgeons. I have went to 3 different ones...They all have came up with different corrective procedures. I know I will need about 4 surgeries to have me sort of put back together...(if not more) My family is what holds me together when I am down and out...My little girl experienced most of the bad appointments...so she is angry at the doctor..she just wants her mom to be put back together...
I'm so sorry you have to deal with this, you deserve compensation and i hope the doctor loses his license.
Very sorry to see your truly unlucky outcome. Hope you can get some redress and feel better in time. x
I truly hope and pray that you will find some solutions. This is a very emotional surgery even when all goes well. You are so young and you have that on your side for healing in the future. Hugs and prayers to you.
My heart truly goes out to you. They took a part of you off. I am having to deal with infection in my breast (L) and I have had 13 surgical procedures which involves cutting me open and draining and cleaning and having to pack an open wound for a little over a month. I feel and understand the disfiguring absolutely. My next option is to have the nipple taken off. This doctor of yours took way too much of you. There isn't enough skin for you to even move. I pray that this gets taken care of and no I don't think you are in it for a payday but you most definitely should go after this person for what he has done to you emotionally as well as physically. My heart goes out to you. I pray that you get the help you need to get YOU back!!!!
This is so scary and sad. I'm so sorry this happened to you.
This surgery has had its ups and downs...I cannot tell anyone not to get it done..I just want everyone to be aware of the risks. My husband has really been supportive during this.. He was and still is a boob man but he knows its not my fault. So if you are interested in a breast reduction go with your heart.. Don't go by the horror stories out her..including mine..My gut told me not to do it but I didn't listen....Sending my heart and thoughts with you..
you have been truly unlucky but hopefully future reconstruction surgery will help. there must have been some benefits to not carrying the 11lbs around any more?
Not carrying around 11 lbs has been wonderful...but I think i rather carry them around rather than hurt constantly...laying in bed is a challenge...I like to sleep on my stomach but I cannot raise my hands up to lay under pillow..
you have been so unlucky, i do hope solutions will be found
I'm so sad to see what you have gone thru :( I know this is a very rare result but it's terrible when it happens to you.
OUCH
Oh my gosh I am so very sorry for your suffering! I hope at least insurance is going to pay. Also that is only a small help. All the best to you
Wow you poor thing Prayers for you....
Thank you...I am having some major problems with this surgery...I regret that day...